Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

I like Evan too.  If I recall correctly, he was clean-shaven last season and there was a nice face under there.  He is also very nice, not a camera whore, and seems to truly love and respect his wife.

I’m also loving Dr. Aydin this season and it’s nice to see him enjoying himself and finally loosening up.  I can tolerate Jennifer’s antics if it keeps Tony the Turk around.

In a mean way I am looking forward to Teresa finally splitting from Danielle.  Bye Psycho!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Evan reminds me a little of Simon Barney, Tamra’s ex-husband from RHOC.  Simon didn’t age well.

66EBBFE8-0CE7-4817-BD12-3D7A3657154A.jpeg.faceac9a6a32fe3deae648d92232cb51.jpeg

I think Evan would look better if he shaved his head.  He’s clearly experiencing some male pattern baldness, which, no shame, but why do they hang onto it so damn long?  Get out the clippers!

If he shaved, he’d probably bear a slight resemblance to Caroline’s brother Jamie Laurita.  

CD70CBDC-1B74-4BE5-8329-08CE0A8228BC.jpeg.8b9f8e8a0f91834873f13352adb171a6.jpeg

I know this is mean, but I don’t find Evan attractive because his wife is Jackie.  I don’t even hate Jackie at all.  If I were ranking all the current housewives across the franchises, she’d be in my top half right now, probably my top third.  I just don’t understand how anyone can be married to her.  She seems like she’d be exhausting, always up in her head, always playing chess, always overthinking things.  He seems like such an easygoing guy.

Dr Bill is my favorite.  I don’t think any of them are particularly handsome though.  I don’t think many men are handsome, the way I find women to be beautiful.  I really think handsome is as handsome does, and I can’t gauge whether someone is handsome until I know their personality.  I find cruel men to be physically unattractive (not that I find any of the men on this franchise “cruel,” not even Joe Neanderthal.  Cruel requires intent).  I know this is old-school, but I think Mauricio Umansky is the most appealing husband on any franchise, because I like his personality.  I haven’t seen enough of Evan to think he’s attractive or unattractive.  Someone described him as “bland.”  Lol.

• Useful 2
On 2/23/2020 at 11:51 AM, msrachelj said:

Absolutely hate the women who grab the "stay at home mom" title when they have help at home or kids in school. Fuck off liars. It's an excuse not to get a job or come clean that you are entitled.

Eh.  I don’t know.  My sister in law is a stay at home mom.  She has four boys.  She stopped working when she had her second.  She always thought she would go back to work when they were all in school full time, but never did.  Once they started school, they started activities, she got involved with volunteering at their schools, and there was always something to do.  So she never went back.  She’s not a princess sitting at home eating bon bone though.  I mean, I’m not saying that never happens, but not on the regular.

Also I think a lot of the resentment towards nannies is cultural.  I volunteer at a nursing home and my friend and I went there on Halloween with our kids to visit with the oldsters.  The nurse who showed us around was from the Philippines and when she saw my friend had three kids she said in her country they would have a nanny for each kid.  She wasn’t just talking about the super rich either.  I think here in the US we just think we need to do it all on our own for it to “count”, or maybe we are a little resentful we can’t have more help.  I know I am guilty of the latter sometimes since family all lives out of state and even out of the country.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Evan reminds me a little of Simon Barney, Tamra’s ex-husband from RHOC.  Simon didn’t age well.

66EBBFE8-0CE7-4817-BD12-3D7A3657154A.jpeg.faceac9a6a32fe3deae648d92232cb51.jpeg

I think Evan would look better if he shaved his head.  He’s clearly experiencing some male pattern baldness, which, no shame, but why do they hang onto it so damn long?  Get out the clippers!

If he shaved, he’d probably bear a slight resemblance to Caroline’s brother Jamie Laurita.  

CD70CBDC-1B74-4BE5-8329-08CE0A8228BC.jpeg.8b9f8e8a0f91834873f13352adb171a6.jpeg

I know this is mean, but I don’t find Evan attractive because his wife is Jackie.  I don’t even hate Jackie at all.  If I were ranking all the current housewives across the franchises, she’d be in my top half right now, probably my top third.  I just don’t understand how anyone can be married to her.  She seems like she’d be exhausting, always up in her head, always playing chess, always overthinking things.  He seems like such an easygoing guy.

Dr Bill is my favorite.  I don’t think any of them are particularly handsome though.  I don’t think many men are handsome, the way I find women to be beautiful.  I really think handsome is as handsome does, and I can’t gauge whether someone is handsome until I know their personality.  I find cruel men to be physically unattractive (not that I find any of the men on this franchise “cruel,” not even Joe Neanderthal.  Cruel requires intent).  I know this is old-school, but I think Mauricio Umansky is the most appealing husband on any franchise, because I like his personality.  I haven’t seen enough of Evan to think he’s attractive or unattractive.  Someone described him as “bland.”  Lol.

Funny, I find Mauricio less attractive because his wife is Kyle. I don't have any great affection for Jackie, but compared to the rest of the women on RHNJ I think she is okay. I also like Bill but.......wife.......

I always thought that Simon was a really good looking guy as well and feel terrible for him right now.

Edited by lizajane
  • Love 5
On 2/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, breezy424 said:

Ok.  It did really bug me that Marg said that because Jen didn't work outside the home equates to Jen never worked.  Stay at home parents work.  And they work hard.  However, I'm pretty sure that Jen has people who work for her.  Otherwise, how does she manage to have time for shopping for all her Chanel and furniture hand picked from China.  Most stay at home parents use the time when the baby is sleeping or in school to take a shower, do laundry, clean, grocery shop, etc.  I don't think Jen has to deal with these things.  And looking at her kids, she's not all that involved.

I can't stand Jen.  I don't get her ego.  What is she so proud of that she can come out with the statements she makes.  Hey Jen, according to your husband, you're not doing a lot of sucking or anything else.

I'll admit it.  I'd rather play miniature golf over parasailing.  I spent my childhood summers at the Jersey shore.  That was one of my fondest memories.  We lived most of our lives close to the shore and our kids loved going down there to play.

I don't know if I would want to put my life in the hands of a doctor who got that shit faced.  Shrug.

Sorry Tre, you got read.  Let's see how you get out of this one.

Ugh.  Next week we get to see the trip to Italy.  No thanks.  Not interested.

I lived at the Jersey Shore for many years.....we hated the foul-mouthed N. Jersey/NY crowd. Most weren't foul-mouthed or rude.  Just that special Sub-set like Theresa and Jen.  We used to call mini golf Bennie ball.  Friends who still live in the LBI area hated the season the Jersey housewives were there.  No explanation needed.  Jen is a creepy, big mouthed, repulsive woman.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 2/19/2020 at 8:11 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Getting a “sorry, not sorry” t-shirt made up because Jackie suggested it as a dig is why I watch this show

I don’t think she made it. I just googled the phrase and the same shirt showed up on Etsy and a site T shirt Palace. 

• Useful 1

I really hope Margaret, Jackie and Melissa start fighting fire with fire. Leaving the dinner together was a good start. Although, as awful as Jennifer is, I kind of enjoy her, it´s Dolores whom I can´t stand, she´s always sucking up to or making excuses for the WRONG people. It´s a miracle that she´s not Danielle´s best friend at this point. But as far as Jennifer goes, although she´s a perfect real housewife, I won´t even entertain the thought that she does any parenting when the cameras aren´t around. Not for 14 minutes, let alone 14 hours lol. The money she gets for doing her husband is basically unemployment benefits.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 5

I agree with the others who like Evan. I think he's very handsome and dig him with the scruff. Though I do see a slight resemblance to Simon, I think Evan is much more laidback, at least what has been portrayed on camera. And he's only been shown as respectful to Jackie and allows her to live her life the way she chooses. 

On a side note: I wish Simon well and hope he can beat the cancer and live a long, happy life. 

• Love 2

It´s a miracle that she´s not Danielle´s best friend at this point.

Well, she loathes Danielle at this point, so them being friends probably won't be happening anytime soon...maybe in 3 to 4 seasons 😉