Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E02: It's Like a Survivor Economy

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I can't get over that post-challenge bit with Rob and Ethan where Ethan was all "you sucked at that" and Rob just grinning. How great to have had the "Hey pretty boy" scene in All-Stars, with two young guys kind of puffing out their chests, and now 16 years later, those same two guys, all grey-haired and full of life experience, just joshing each other and (for now) working together.

I know I'm in the minority but I love Natalie.  She played that clue on EoE perfectly. I'm so glad she went for the water because Amber is still clueless about what EoE can do for her or to the game.  Jeremy and Nat are very much aware and they are the only 2 at this time.

• Love 19

I am still cracking up over Denise saying to Adam "should I give the other half of the idol to Parvati?" 

Anyway, I am sad to see Danni go but she kind of did to herself. I do wonder how much of the Parvati hasn't talked to me since day 1 is true or is it Danni jst being overly paranoid since she seems close to Rob and Ethan?  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

So we know Rob considers Parvai to be his #1 but the question I have is do she feel the same?  The show is highlighting those two as the big duo (which is understandable) but if I had to guess Parvati's #1 is Ethan.  For all the talk about players with prior relationships, nobody has really mentioned that Parvati and Ethan have been good friends for over 10 years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I know I'm in the minority but I love Natalie.  She played that clue on EoE perfectly. I'm so glad she went for the water because Amber is still clueless about what EoE can do for her or to the game.  Jeremy and Nat are very much aware and they are the only 2 at this time.

Amber seemed well aware of the importance of the clue and that it was likely some advantage. She and Natalie were both actively searching and neither figured out the obvious answer. Natalie literally stumbled onto the clue when she was just going to get water. 

And as for Natalie and Jeremy alone realizing what EoE can do for them, well yeah, since the game just started and Natalie's been the only one who has gotten any advantages. I'd say Sandra also is aware, since she got the immunity idol from Natalie. But considering this is entirely new to the show, I can't blame other players for not being clued in yet. I'm sure many will be by mid-season and merge.

Which is also why I'm surprised at all the "Rob will win because these people are idiots", etc . This thing just started. There's a lot of game left to play and EoE just adds an extra layer of gameplay. This thing can take all kinds of turns before the season ends. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

Adam continues to be a little rat. 20 years worth of winners and they bring this guy back? It was sickening listenig to him calling Rob the Godfather...get off your behind and do something about or spend all season being lead around by a ring in your nose  only to be voted out when  he orders a "hit" on you.

Loving Natalie kicking ass and taking names on the Island...maybe ..just maybe she can get back in.

Rob seeing Amber not arrive with the rest of the tribe was the most genuine moment I've ever seen from him.

My heart sank when Kim was looking for an idol. I just can't deal with that walking bottle of Nyquill on legs boring her way through another season. I was pleased when the idol turned out to be one of those wonky wones and hope it doesn't pay off for him.

Weird to see Danni literally talk her way onto the block. Hate to lose an old school person just for the fact they REALLY played the game when it was pure and not a producer manipulted (looking at you Ben) gimmick fest.

Kind of want to root for Sophie because we'ere from the same county in Upstate NY but she isn't the most exciting winner ever to come down the SURVIVOR pike.

• Love 6

It made me sick watching everyone scramble to open their bags when King Rob demanded it. Fuck you, Rob. That’s what’s in my bag - a big pile of fuck you Robs. 

And while I’m not normally one to bag on a player’s physical appearance (Sierra’s nightmare-inducing eyebrows notwithstanding), I could vomit at the sight of Ben’s pubic hair beard. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

I can’t stand Parvati. I was so excited when her name got thrown out. It’s a good thing they got rid of the game’s biggest threat, Dani. 😑

Anytime they want to start showing more Wendell...I’m here for it. 

Edited by Maya
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I just do not understand why everyone is so afraid of voting out Rob. They had the perfect opportunity and blew it. 

They likely don't immediately vote Rob out because he seems like a target that they each think they can turn attention to when they are personally in danger at some later date.  

Its a bit like picking who you want to bring with you to the jury.  They aren't immediately picking off the biggest threats because there are a few everyone believes are the biggest threat and that can swing a vote towards if played right.  And the knowledge of how big a threat they are likely makes them pretty comfortable that at some point there will be a united effort to take them out of the game, so why waste an opportunity to pick off someone that might be a different kind of problem.

I also think that Survivor has a lot of players that are as interested in a level of fame or stature in playing the game and that they are more motivated to keep around certain players to go against to elevate their own stature.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Maya said:

I can’t stand Parvati. I was so excited when her name got thrown out. It’s a good thing they got rid of the game’s biggest threat, Dani. 😑

Anytime they want to start showing more Wendell...I’m here for it. 

Yeah, there several purple edits going on so far. It’s now down to 17 people and they may want to show more of the people not named Rob, Parvati or Ethan (who I like). It seems like Wendell, Nick & Michelle (somewhat) have had little to say thus far.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

And while I’m not normally one to bag on a player’s physical appearance (Sierra’s nightmare-inducing eyebrows notwithstanding), I could vomit at the sight of Ben’s pubic hair beard

If we are going there, did Danni have bad plastic surgery?  She looks like Janice Dickinson.  And how can Denise be late 40s yet look 70?

Edited by Spike
  • Love 15

Very disappointed that Danni got booted. Her paranoia really got the better of her. I was hoping with all of the attention focused on Danni that someone else would be the boot instead. Oh, yeah, I can't wait to see Ben go. 

Kim found half an idol and gave the other half to Sophie. Does this mean Kim has an idol now?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Grrarrggh said:

100-1 it will still end with two men and a woman and the woman doesn't get a single vote. 

I hope that’s not the case but I would be lying if I said I didn’t groan at the fact that the first three voted off were women.

• Love 12

I was really hoping tribal convinced a majority to vote for Ben who is just terrible. And to a lesser extent, I was sort of hoping for a Parvati vote just because that would be a great shakeup. But alas it was Danni. Three women in a row. Hopefully, the pattern ends next week.

I thought I liked both tribes evenly and then they were competing and I realized how much I was rooting for Yul/Sandra/Wendell and all them over the other team and I realized it was no contest. The other team has Ben and Michelle (two of my least favorites), plus Rob and Parvati who I'm hoping leave soon.

WTF was with Denise wanting to give the idol to Parvati?! That seemed random.

I don't want Rob to win again. Or Parvati. But weirdly I would be absolutely fine with the Queen staying Queen.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Actually, Adam is the ONLY one who stood up to Rob at all. Everyone else opened their bags instantaneously  at tribal when Rob demanded it. Adam is the only who challenged  him and who dared to question him.

And yet still voted for somebody else.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Spike said:

If we are going there, did Danni have bad plastic surgery?  She looks like Janice Dickinson.  And how can Denise be late 40s yet look 70?

Oh thank you, so it's not just me wondering what the frack Janet Dickinson was doing there!  Except Danni would have to take megabitch lessons to really be compared to JD.  I hope her Botox and face implants don't melt in the heat out there.  Okay, I kinda hope they do.

Edited by EllenB
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

As a super casual Niners fan (who still didn't watch the super bowl), I can't say I'm sad that Danni's out. 😆

3 hours of Survivor so far, and I'm still trying to remember Sophie. I'm now starting to think I did watch her season, because her wonky teeth are starting to seem familiar, but I don't remember anything about her as a player, or who she played against. At least with Denise they showed a flashback so I could remember who she was (although I've already forgotten who she won against). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Looks like Rob lost the challenge for real. For some reason, I was thinking he was throwing it in order to be sent to Amber. Probably doesn’t make sense, and I’m thinking they can “work” the game better from both sides. Still, his stacking the puzzle pieces was . . . well, puzzling.

I thought this too for a second, that Rob had decided to spend the game helping Amber on EOE. I could almost picture him doing it, because he's famous for always doing things his own way, but then I remembered... $2,000,000, and thought "Nah". 

• Love 3
Just now, MVFrostsMyPie said:

3 hours of Survivor so far, and I'm still trying to remember Sophie. I'm now starting to think I did watch her season, because her wonky teeth are starting to seem familiar, but I don't remember anything about her as a player, or who she played against. At least with Denise they showed a flashback so I could remember who she was (although I've already forgotten who she won against). 

Sophie played against Coach, Ozzy, Cochran and a Hantz so it's a miracle she got any airtime at all honestly.

• Love 5

I thought it was sort of sloppy game play on Rob's part to get everyone to empty their bags and remind them of his strong power of persuasion.  I like Parvati and Rob, but they don't really seem to be sweating the votes like they should be, considering their reputations and that they're not in the majority.  Anyone else get this vibe?

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

...I'm still trying to remember Sophie. I'm now starting to think I did watch her season, because her wonky teeth are starting to seem familiar, but I don't remember anything about her as a player, or who she played against.

Sophie also looked different since she was just 22 then:

ETA: I have no idea why that is so ridiculously large. Yikes.

Anyways, she went on and attended and graduated from medical school, so officially she is an MD.

30601613-C514-4628-A35E-024BD2757795.jpeg

Edited by simplyme
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh, man. I am living for CopsRUs! Back in the day, I was so angry when Tony was running around like a lunatic and then he won and it shoulda been Spencer, in my mind. Now he just cracks me up. He's sunshine. I could watch the Tony show for days. Just closeups of his goofy grin. But CopsRUs, with Sarah's deadpan humor, that's even better.

That was an extremely weird Tribal...

Glad Dani's out. What a dodo; may as well have voted herself off. I just wish the people voted out would either go right out, or not suck up so much of the airtime. We need someone less annoying on EoE, so they can do the lengthy narrative explanations of stuff we were told last episode, etc, rather than Natalie... (Dani is not it.) The method to the madness of the voting so far is to take out the least socially significant woman. So I'm not holding my breath for them to wise up and get rid of Sandra. But Sandra would be good. Old sourpuss grouching around there, episode after episode, that I would enjoy.

The other thing I am a bit obsessed about is Kim's moustache. No sightings yet... I live in hope! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

TtkThey likely don't immediately vote Rob out because he seems like a target that they each think they can turn attention to when they are personally in danger at some later date.  

Its a bit like picking who you want to bring with you to the jury.  They aren't immediately picking off the biggest threats because there are a few everyone believes are the biggest threat and that can swing a vote towards if played right.  And the knowledge of how big a threat they are likely makes them pretty comfortable that at some point there will be a united effort to take them out of the game, so why waste an opportunity to pick off someone that might be a different kind of problem.

I also think that Survivor has a lot of players that are as interested in a level of fame or stature in playing the game and that they are more motivated to keep around certain players to go against to elevate their own stature.

Exactly. They’re not voting Rob out because they’re just stupid. They’re not voting him out because he’s a huge meat shield who is usually great in challenges. At this point in the game, it makes far more sense to vote out a weaker player who doesn’t contribute much to the challenges and who has gotten completely paranoid. 

I still say Rob and Parv are out pre-merge. If not, then yes, I’ll conceded that their tribe mates are dumb asses. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

It made me sick watching everyone scramble to open their bags when King Rob demanded it. Fuck you, Rob. That’s what’s in my bag - a big pile of fuck you Robs. 

Not sure why this generates a "fuck you, Rob." He just said it, no one was obligated to empty their bags. It's not his fault they all listened to him.

6 hours ago, North of Eden said:
6 hours ago, Arkay said:

Actually, Adam is the ONLY one who stood up to Rob at all. Everyone else opened their bags instantaneously  at tribal when Rob demanded it. Adam is the only who challenged  him and who dared to question him.

And yet still voted for somebody else.

What would Adam have accomplished voting for somebody else if no one else would have voted with him? Sometimes Tribal is about planting the seeds for a future vote.

Welp, once again I'm just the super fan on here who loved every minute of the episode!!

Never was a big Tony fan before but this season he is delightful! That ladder bit was hilarious!!! His lunatic ladder escapade was a great juxtaposition with Yul's rational and methodical method of accomplishing the same thing.

I honestly think Rob botched that puzzle so badly because he was emotional about Amber being voted out. Even though he pretty much knew it had to be her when he got the fire token, it was confirmed right before the challenge. That is the first time that I can recall that he didn't just blast through any puzzle he was in.

Adam is playing a smart game. I would have selected him pretty low in a draft for this season before it started, but I've been impressed so far.

Also super impressed with Ethan, and I adore him now even more than I did in Africa. I wasn't expecting that. He seems to be involved in almost every conversation of >2 people, old school or new school.

• Love 22

I didn't get to comment last night (other than a quick WTF?) because I tuned in that other tribal council.  I'm still perplexed as to why they didn't get rid of Rob (or even Parv).  Yeah, he's a workhorse and meat shield but they also have Jeremy and Ben to do the heavy lifting.  Instead they vote Danni.  Danni?  She's gullible and useless and won't get within a mile of winning.  She's exactly the kind of person Rob is so good at wrangling back into line.  You know who says "we can vote him out later?"  Losers, that's who.  I'm thinking the producers were salivating at the thought of the King of Survivor winning again and tying the Queen of Survivor with a second win. 

Rob blew the challenge by separating the puzzle pieces.  How can you see what you have when the pieces are stacked up?

Very astute comments here about how Rob's demand for dumping bags was more about power/alliances than who had an idol.  Yet another reason to vote him out ASAP-- he is so observant and understands body language.

The ladder of death was hilarious.  This is why I can't hate Tony.  He's so damn entertaining.

I don't remember Sophie or Michelle at all.  The only reason why I remember Denise is because on that old tv talk website I got banned for daring to say I liked her.  Now?  Not so much.  Share the idol with Parvati?  Are you insane?

• Love 3

When Rob saw everyone but Amber walk in for the challenge, I swear, if looks could kill....the entire red team would have dropped dead instantly. 

Rob really butchered that puzzle. I swore that he did it because he was trying to get his team to lose so he could be voted off, but it seems like he was just thrown off of his game. It was just really surprising to see him basically give up during the challenge. It's not like their team was doing exceptionally well, but Rob and Denise had caught up in the puzzle. They had a chance and they blew it.

It's a real shame about Danni literally causing her own demise. She was not on anyone's radar until she caused it herself. It was so close in being Ben! Damnit, Danni! 

Adam continues to impress me. I'm not so sure if he'll win, but he's impressing me right now. His comments are great and I'm impressed with how in tune he is with the game. 

Oh, Denise. I just watched your season and thought you were great. Here? Not so much, not if you want to give half your idol to Parvati. Why give it to a player like that? I'm glad Adam talked her down. If she had not told Adam, I'm not so sure Ben would have told her not to give it to Parvati.

Speaking of Ben, he's frustrating to watch but he does bring the chaos so...I mean, I still want him gone, to be clear. But at least he's bringing some entertainment. 

Tony...did make me laugh with his ladder bit, but I think he's too much energy for me. I felt similarly when I watched Cagayan. He seems like a very nice guy, but too much energy for me to handle all at once. I did enjoy the return of Cops R Us, though. 

Interesting to see Kim falter this season. She was great in One World, but I suspected that she was only that good because 95% of the cast were idiots. That's why I was curious to see how she'd fare with actual good players. And it seems like...she may not be as good as people think she is. The fact that Sophie is on to her means that more people are probably on to her. I do like Kim, but she's showing some weakness in her gameplay right now. 

The Tribal Council stuff was certainly chaotic and fun to watch. It's a shame everyone listened to Rob and dumped their bags. I wish the new schoolers had held strong instead of giving in. It shows how much power Rob has within the tribe right now, and that isn't a good thing for the others.

I was actually rooting for a Parvati vote-off. Not because I hate her (she's one of my favourites) but because she's never gone out early in any of her seasons, and she's too good of a player to leave in the game. Similarly to Rob, so the tribe needs to get their shit together and get one of them out next. 

A bit too much Edge of Extinction stuff, imo, as well as too much time on advantages. I wish we got more of the tribes bonding, rather than idol hunting and who got what advantage. 

I forgot Michele existed before they showed her with Jeremy...and it still took me a few seconds to remember who she was. The season's been solid, but it seems like it may be falling under some editing issues, such as focusing too much on certain players. I also forgot Nick was part of the cast until I saw him in a shot after they finished the challenge. 

• Love 5

Danni makes sense in this way

Ben and the other new school players wanted an old school player out. They wanted proof that there is no old school vs new school which mean that an old school player had to go.

The old school players did not have the numbers to vote out a new school player. Danni was targeting Parvarti this episode and Rob in the first episode. That means that she was not a reliable alliance member and had shown she was more willing to work with the new school players. As such, Danni was an easy person for Rob, Parvarti and Ethan to vote for.

While Rob and Parvarti are good targets for all the obvious reasons, they are better at challenges and are less likely to end up at Tribal with Rob and Parvarti then with Danni.

Danni's game play bites her in the ass.

What I don't get is the worry about losing challenges. In a season like this one the pre established relationships will help with alliance building/merging at the merge or during a tribe swap. It is not like these are strangers. A good number of them already know one another are a going to be willing to work outside the tribal lines. this season doesn't even have the hookey Heros vs Villians type label that makes idiots like JT, Colby, and Rupert believe that the "Heros" need to work together because they are the good guys, establishing a BS tribal division to die on.

I understand that going to Tribal is always risky but if you end up there, take out the end game threats. Rob or Parvarti should have gone home last night. Or, go to EoE.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Arkay said:

Actually, Adam is the ONLY one who stood up to Rob at all. Everyone else opened their bags instantaneously at tribal when Rob demanded it. Adam is the only person who challenged him and who dared to question him.

Because Adam had an idol in his bag to hide and/or knew Denise did (I couldn't tell how he did it, but I think it was under the flap. Also helped that he was way on the end of the row). I actually thought that's the one time I saw his nervousness get the best of him. You don't want to be the one challenging Rob when everyone else is complying. You go along to get along and make your move later.

Given how Adam completely escaped being a newschooler target (I was floored when Ethan and Rob were like "Well, let's vote out a newschooler guy and our only options are Ben or Jeremy"), I thought challenging Rob was a bad move. If Rob was more on his game, he'd have seen it as a red flag: that the one person squawking about it probably has something to hide.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

Not sure why this generates a "fuck you, Rob." He just said it, no one was obligated to empty their bags. It's not his fault they all listened to him.

I hate Rob, that's why it generated a "fuck you, Rob."  And of course no one was obligated, but we all know what would happen to people who refused.  Everyone would get suspicious of them and they'd have a big target on their back moving forward.

• Love 11

Control freak/bully Rob was fuming the whole episode. How dare the other team vote off Ambuh? I also dread this season turning into The Rob Show. I still remember his first season when he said to John (in these exact words) "Are you a queer?" I've always gotten a bully vibe from him, but admit that he does know how to put the fear of God into people. All of those frightened little mouses rushing to empty their bags to please Rob was sickening. Jeremy, work some magic on that side--Rob, Parvati and Ethan need to go ASAP. I also get why many find Ben annoying, but I'm enjoying the fact that he is such a wild card because Rob is totally irritated by anyone he can't control. And yes, Danni DOES resemble Janice Dickinson.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

I hate Rob, that's why it generated a "fuck you, Rob."  And of course no one was obligated, but we all know what would happen to people who refused.  Everyone would get suspicious of them and they'd have a big target on their back moving forward.

Which is what made it a good play. And Ben's dumbass was the one that alerted the tribe to the fact that someone likely had an idol with his not at all subtle, "oh I help people find them".

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

Because Adam had an idol in his bag to hide and/or knew Denise did (I couldn't tell how he did it, but I think it was under the flap. Also helped that he was way on the end of the row). I actually thought that's the one time I saw his nervousness get the best of him. You don't want to be the one challenging Rob when everyone else is complying. You go along to get along and make your move later.

Given how Adam completely escaped being a newschooler target (I was floored when Ethan and Rob were like "Well, let's vote out a newschooler guy and our only options are Ben or Jeremy"), I thought challenging Rob was a bad move. If Rob was more on his game, he'd have seen it as a red flag: that the one person squawking about it probably has something to hide.

This may be true. He likely did do this because of his knowledge of the idol...but I think he still deserves some credit for saying something to Rob. It's what all of them should have done, but they all decided to cater to Rob's plan. Yes, it worked, but it really shouldn't have. They should have ALL done what Adam did...and unfortunately for Adam, he seems to be the only one who actually spoke up so it may put a target on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob did take note of Adam's move. 

Basically, I blame everyone else more for complying than Adam for speaking up about the move. I get why some may have done it in the moment. It's a classic power move. If you call people out to do something like this, then they feel obligated to in order to not become a target. Unfortunately, none of them thought that maybe, if they just stayed sitting down and not opened their bags, Rob couldn't have done a single thing about it. You can't target everyone, especially if the majority refuse to go along with the power move. 

In hindsight, it was a fascinating move to watch. It's such a simple, yet effective, move to assert dominance. It worked for Rob, which goes to show that he still is fairly good at the game, even when he has moments of weakness (the puzzle challenge). 

• Love 14

That whole ladder bit was amazing. I love how the first thing Tony said when they picked it up was "don't tip it to the side, or the rungs will slide out." Does this sound like the type of ladder you'd want to climb up??? And Tyson continued his evolution into an actual human being when he showed some genuine puzzlement and amusement over the ladder during his commentary, instead of his usual deadpan, flat, emotionless delivery. I think I even saw a real smile!

11 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The other interesting thing about this is that its looking like there is pretty set approach with some of the players to want to eliminate anyone that is unpredictable. 

I'm not hopping on the Poker Alliance theory, but from my limited knowledge of the card game, pro players hate the unpredictable newbs that don't follow the expected way to play. The unpredictables end up sabotaging everyone at the table. Even if the alliance isn't there, some of the mindset seems to carry through. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Spike said:

Looks like just Botox and lip fillers. I think she looks great though a bit too frozen. Less Botox would be better.

It does seem like women can’t win — they either are judged for getting Botox and having no wrinkles or not getting Botox and looking old. 

When did Parvati throw Ethan under the bus during tribal. I missed that. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

This may be true. He likely did do this because of his knowledge of the idol...but I think he still deserves some credit for saying something to Rob. It's what all of them should have done, but they all decided to cater to Rob's plan. Yes, it worked, but it really shouldn't have. They should have ALL done what Adam did...and unfortunately for Adam, he seems to be the only one who actually spoke up so it may put a target on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob did take note of Adam's move. 

I also can't shake the feeling that if Adam didn't have something to hide, he'd have gone along with it, as well (especially given his "Rob-as-godfather" remarks earlier). Adam doesn't challenge threats, he hides behind them, so this struck me as out of character (notice how Jeremy, king of reducing your threat level, said nothing.) I also think Adam would've kept his mouth shut if he was "innocent." But he wasn't. The question is did anyone catch to the fact that he wasn't?

(Silly Rob, didn't you know that all you had to do was corner Ben before tribal, say the word "idols" and he would've blurted out, "Denise has the idol! And it's a two-part idol! And she gave the other half to Adam! And I helped her find it, I'm sorry, please be merciful!")

Edited by Eolivet
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TaraS1 said:

Something about that moved really bothered me too. I think in real life world, if a middle aged white guy had tried something like that with me, it would prompt a "Fuck you!" but this is Survivor world. They have to make nice for the next 30 days, and keep their eye on $2 million. I would have probably kept quiet. But can you imagine if someone like Natalie, or Denise, made the same request (demand). Good lord. 

• Love 5

Once again, I enjoyed this episode, even tho it was not as action packed as the premiere.

"copsRUs" cracked me up. I like Sarah and I hope she does well. I find Tony annoying, but I find him exhausting more than just plain annoying. He did crack me up with his ladder of Death; I was fully expecting him to fall off and break all the rungs as he goes down.

Danni - well, I didn't really care for her one way or another. I thought it was hilarious she said she's a loyal person when she targeted Rob the first TC and Parvati this TC, yet wanted to align with them.

Rob's look when he 100% knew Amber was gone... Wow. Maybe it was manufactured but Sandra looked sheepish to me.

I didn't quite understand why Rob didn't take part in the physical part of the challenge. And then I remembered how good he is with puzzles. So it did make sense. But wow did he and Denise blew it. I really don't believe he threw the challenge. I think his head was with Amber and trying to process what happened.

When Danni was voted out, I was wondering why it was not Rob or Parvati. Danni really didn't seem like a big threat. I'm starting to see now that Rob and Parvati are most likely being kept around to deflect attention from other players once merge comes (or something like that). 

I thought Ben spilling the beans and telling Rob an idol has been found (without even telling him-damn Rob is good at reading people) was going to be his demise, but perhaps Rob sees a use to loose lips Ben. And the spilling of the bags? I couldn't believe they all went along with it. Perhaps they are all under Rob's jedi powers, or they all decided this was not the sword they were going to die on and went along with it. Denise hid her idol well, although I know revealing who had the idol was not the ultimate goal Rob had in mind.

Denise really dissapointed me when she thought giving the idol to Parvati was a good idea. Have none of those people do research on the other winners? I mean, seeing as Parv is aligned (for now) with my fav Rob, I would have been ok with her getting the idol... But that would have been a horrible move for Denise. Ya HAVE to know Parv ain't gonna give you back that half idol!

I assume Nathalie didn't tell Amber she found the advantage. It'l be interesting to see (if production shows it) if Amber keeps looking for it or if she completely forgets about it and just go along with the new clue. Nathalie is smart; sending her to EoE might have been a bad idea for everyone else but Jeremy!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, NYGirl said:

First I was surprised that Rob was doing the puzzle part of the challenge when he's a real strong workhorse.

That being said I got the impression he was trying to lose.

100% agree. Why, I don't know but it really seemed like that. Why would he want to organize all the pieces first, that made no damn sense. I was also surprised that they put him in the puzzle portion since he is a strong workhorse. I guess I will have to wait and see what becomes of it.

• Love 1

Nathalie is smart; sending her to EoE might have been a bad idea for everyone else but Jeremy!

Was the advantage Natalie sent him good for any tribal or just the next one?  They never said whether he "bought" it and obviously he participated in tribal last night which would make me think he didn't.

• Love 1