Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda and Williams: The British Aren't Coming

• Start Topic

Yolanda, 51 (Las Vegas, NV) and Williams, 40 (England)

After Yolanda’s husband passed away, she took on a healthier lifestyle and lost 150 pounds. She shared her transformation online and caught the eye of William, who messaged her. They began an online relationship but haven’t had a video chat during the four years they have been together. Although Yolanda is excited to travel to the UK to meet the man of her dreams, her daughter is worried William will catfish her mother. Will William turn out to be the perfect guy for Yolanda, or will her she realize her daughter was right to doubt her overseas lover? 

I really like her and her kids!  She does seem a little polished for TV, so I wonder if she is "in the biz" or has tried to get on a show before.

Just LOL that a guy who posts 18000 shirtless pics doesn't have a working camera on his phone.  I promise you that a guy that self involved would rather go without food than go without a camera.  

• Love 23

Yolanda and her family must be very recent Las Vegas transplants because I could tell after two seconds that this is somebody’s Baltimore auntie. And why is dude’s name Williams? Was that a typo on his Facebook profile like “Sext Nigerian?”

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Weeks ago, back when the cast was starting to be leaked, Williams' being a catfish was discovered and blasted all over. Here is a recent IG, there are three slides but the arrow is kind of hard to see

These catfish couples are so boring to watch. It's as obvious as can be from the very beginning. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 2/18/2020 at 5:57 PM, Christina said:

Weeks ago, back when the cast was starting to be leaked, Williams' being a catfish was discovered and blasted all over. Here is a recent IG, there are three slides but the arrow is kind of hard to see

These catfish couples are so boring to watch. It's as obvious as can be from the very beginning. 

Oh, I'm dying to see the reveal!  That's the best part of catfish.  Is it going to go all Jenny and sumit?  Is Williams a woman?  A senior citizen?  Morbidly obese?  All three?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Oh, I'm dying to see the reveal!  That's the best part of catfish.  Is it going to go all Jenny and sumit?  Is Williams a woman?  A senior citizen?  Morbidly obese?  All three?

I only watched the first couple of seasons of Catfish, and in all honesty, they should have renamed the show "Surprise! I'm Fat! But I'm Still the Same Person You've Been Talking To!"

I haven't found too much online about this couple yet.  A good thing, I suppose.  I don't know how much I want to know about any of these clowns too far ahead of time anymore LOL  I'm not sure if the crazy amounts of spoilers ruined this past season for me or just made me bored to tears.  Maybe this cast will be an improvement.  

LOL I know, I know.  I heard myself too....lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, charmed1 said:

Yolanda and her family must be very recent Las Vegas transplants because I could tell after two seconds that this is somebody’s Baltimore auntie. And why is dude’s name Williams? Was that a typo on his Facebook profile like “Sext Nigerian?”

The "Williams" with a "s" is something I've encountered with my husband's family. I think it's weird, too. It feels like a name for a butler.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Okay, this lady seems so normal (so far) and is very attractive, employed and very sweet.  I do not want to see her hurt.  A few questions:

Did she have another male friend die after her husband passed?  Not sure why I am gleening that, I think I heard wrong.

Her hubby died in prison?  Or was he released then died?

Do ALL THOSE GROWN (and almost grown) KIDS LIVE AT HOME?   Move out or pay rent.  I love my kiddos but in their late 20's.....pay rent and utilities.  Maybe they do!

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, this lady seems so normal (so far) and is very attractive, employed and very sweet.  I do not want to see her hurt.  A few questions:

Did she have another male friend die after her husband passed?  Not sure why I am gleening that, I think I heard wrong.

Her hubby died in prison?  Or was he released then died?

Do ALL THOSE GROWN (and almost grown) KIDS LIVE AT HOME?   Move out or pay rent.  I love my kiddos but in their late 20's.....pay rent and utilities.  Maybe they do!

As best I could glean he had a kidney condition that was either discovered or developed in prison. 

It's kind of a toss up because often inmates share needles or get prison tatts and end up with hep c which deliteriously affects their kidneys cause chronic kidney disease.  So, he may have developed the kidney disease while in prison. And since he didn't want them to see him in prison she didn't see him after he got sick. 

However, I wonder what in the world he was in for that they didn't let him out on compassionate release when they realized he was terminal.  I've heard of murderers being let our on compassionate release so why wasn't he?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

As best I could glean he had a kidney condition that was either discovered or developed in prison. 

It's kind of a toss up because often inmates share needles or get prison tatts and end up with hep c which deliteriously affects their kidneys cause chronic kidney disease.  So, he may have developed the kidney disease while in prison. And since he didn't want them to see him in prison she didn't see him after he got sick. 

However, I wonder what in the world he was in for that they didn't let him out on compassionate release when they realized he was terminal.  I've heard of murderers being let our on compassionate release so why wasn't he?  

Sounds like a job for @Christina...Gives us the low down, homegirl. 

• Love 4

Love me a catfish story, no matter where.   But the most obvious clue, besides the 'broken camera' (and as said above, anybody that vain about his looks would surely have a working camera) is his voice!  That voice does not go with the image - and further, it's about as far as you can get from an English accent - including any variety of Cockney or Yorkshire or whatever you got.  Just not.  If her daughter had heard him talk, she would have been smart enough to pick it up?  If they had a few days, wouldn't one of her kids gone on line and done some snooping?

Poor woman is woefully deluded, letting herself believe this pitifully thin set-up.  Hope it doesn't drag on too long!

• Love 11

8 yo mini MamaDrama was coloring while I watched the episode. When his pictures came on the screen she glanced up, looked for a second, went back down to her picture and said, "Catfish!"

If she hasn't done a reverse image search or demand some kind of video chat then it's because she doesn't want to know the truth. Seems strange that her daughter didn't look for the images, though. 

And also...so he randomly sent her a message on Instagram? That's like the 5th 90 Day woman who met her "love" because he'd messaged her through social media. I get at least 3 or 4 of those a day, just random dudes saying "what's up beautiful" or "hello", and I never reply. I just shrug them off. It had never occurred to me that one of them might be my one true love. /s

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

8 yo mini MamaDrama was coloring while I watched the episode. When his pictures came on the screen she glanced up, looked for a second, went back down to her picture and said, "Catfish!"

If she hasn't done a reverse image search or demand some kind of video chat then it's because she doesn't want to know the truth. Seems strange that her daughter didn't look for the images, though. 

And also...so he randomly sent her a message on Instagram? That's like the 5th 90 Day woman who met her "love" because he'd messaged her through social media. I get at least 3 or 4 of those a day, just random dudes saying "what's up beautiful" or "hello", and I never reply. I just shrug them off. It had never occurred to me that one of them might be my one true love. /s

Lol, I do too!  Never occurred to me to answer!

I like this lady and her kids.  I hope she doesn't get played for a fool this entire se ason.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Lol, I do too!  Never occurred to me to answer!

I like this lady and her kids.  I hope she doesn't get played for a fool this entire se ason.

I'm HOPING that this is all just a dramatization for the show. I hope that, in reality, she already knows that he's a catfish and she's seen the "real" Williams (at least a picture) but she and her daughter are playing along for the show. I hope. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

Here in Arizona, the recently terminated company that was contracted to provide medical care for prisoners was so bad that there are MULTIPLE lawsuits against them.  

The husband of a former co-worker of mine was in prison and complained about being sick, and had a history of kidney problems (possibly related to drug use).  When he asked to go to the infirmary, he was given aspirin and sent back to his cell.  He went into total kidney failure and was rushed to a hospital, where he died.  She just this month settled the wrongful death lawsuit against the State of Arizona and the medical care contractor.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Here in Arizona, the recently terminated company that was contracted to provide medical care for prisoners was so bad that there are MULTIPLE lawsuits against them.  

The husband of a former co-worker of mine was in prison and complained about being sick, and had a history of kidney problems (possibly related to drug use).  When he asked to go to the infirmary, he was given aspirin and sent back to his cell.  He went into total kidney failure and was rushed to a hospital, where he died.  She just this month settled the wrongful death lawsuit against the State of Arizona and the medical care contractor.  

Yeah, the state of prison healthcare overall is dismal.  I think that's often why they let inmates out on compassionate release because the prison doesnt bear the cost of medical care.  

Though, I could imagine a situation in which a private prison would hold onto a terminal inmate and just give them inadequate care.  I mean, they get paid a per diem for each inmate and if they can get away with giving a terminally ill patient an aspirin that inmate is still profitable for them.  

Good on your friend for suing, I get that inmates are by and large people who have done horrible things.....but they are still in the care of the state.  In my fairly limited reading on kidney disease, it cannot be stopped but it can be slowed.  And I believe hep c can be treated.  

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Man, I really would like to know what happens when she goes to the UK (I remember seeing something that she does end up going).

Comeon super sleuths!

Yolanda is lucky enough to have a camera crew following her and we can laugh at her.  

But if I take a birds eye view, she is really putting herself in danger.  She is flying to another country to meet a man who she has never seen, doesn't really know and who barely talks and only sends her emojis.  He knows exactly what she looks like. 

It would be so easy for him to kidnap her and harvest her for parts.  She is silly enough to fly to another country to meet him....how easy would it be for him to convince her to take a cab and meet him someplace. 

I read somewhere that the human body is worth like 100k in body parts.  

This is the same way I felt when Ben agreed to let akyini change his lodging at the last minute.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That bugged me,too, until I thought that maybe only the younger ones do, but it was easier to film everyone together especially since they were focused on how they were still mourning their father. 

I am just glad the daughter is going off with mom on this catfishing expedition.  I couldn't believe she thought he had a lovely British accent.   I did like her the best of the people they have showed so far even though she seems really dumb about Williams.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yolanda is lucky enough to have a camera crew following her and we can laugh at her.  

But if I take a birds eye view, she is really putting herself in danger.  She is flying to another country to meet a man who she has never seen, doesn't really know and who barely talks and only sends her emojis.  He knows exactly what she looks like. 

It would be so easy for him to kidnap her and harvest her for parts.  She is silly enough to fly to another country to meet him....how easy would it be for him to convince her to take a cab and meet him someplace. 

This is the same way I felt when Ben agreed to let akyini change his lodging at the last minute.  

Ben should have stood up for himself and said no/balked at the lodging change.

Yolanda has family and they would come looking for her if they did not hear from her for X days. If she was a widow with grown kids who don’t see her often, much easier.

• Love 1

This guy doesn’t live in England

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Possible titles:

Yolanda and Williams: The "British" Are Coming

Yolanda and Williams: Beauty and the Bogus

Yolanda and Williams: Catfish Fever

Yolanda and Williams: British Invasion?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

This guy doesn’t live in England

Do we know that for sure? Just because he isn't from the UK doesn't mean he didn't jump ship from another country and plant himself in Manchester. England has a huge expat population.

• Love 2

Was Yolanda even married to the kid's father? Never once does she refer to him as her husband. It seems she started birthing babies at age 22, averaging a birth every two years, unless multiples were involved. So far she seems to be a sweet, hard working woman but shows traits of being easy to manipulate.

• Love 3

It's looking like Yolanda knows he's a catfish and they are playing for camera time. She also wrote a diet book and that's probably why she's on this show. She refers to the nicesa account as her husband and he calls her his wife in another post.

People have found men who died in prison but they are all suicides, except for a heart attack and two old age deaths. Someone will figure out what is going on there.

• Useful 2
21 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Anyone else hoping the person on the other end of the phone is actually Michael hoping to get away from Angela?

Lol. Mahkul has more life in his voice and sounds better educated via his speech patterns. This guy just sounds dumb and mush mouthed. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, RealReality said:

Would she really be worth 100k? She’s at least 60, and despite all the crowing about her new lifestyle, doesn’t look fit and healthy at all. Yes I felt morbid typing that, but 60 year old organs are like used cars. Going to give out/wear down in a decade or so. Hers have to have more miles on them than a healthy 60 yo, too. Hell, I’d peg her at mid sixties. She may think she looks young, but there’s no fool like an old fool. Husband dying in prison with no visits from the family is suspect. So, he’s terminal, orders the family to never come to see him, and they all comply? I don’t believe that lie. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol. Mahkul has more life in his voice and sounds better educated via his speech patterns. This guy just sounds dumb and mush mouthed. 

I have to agree. This guy sounded not so bright. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Would she really be worth 100k? She’s at least 60, and despite all the crowing about her new lifestyle, doesn’t look fit and healthy at all.

Husband dying in prison with no visits from the family is suspect. So, he’s terminal, orders the family to never come to see him, and they all comply? I don’t believe that lie. 

I think she looks good, particularly for the crop of alleged fifty year old women on this show.  She and Lisa are supposedly around the same age.  

However, I absolutely agree that there is something odd about letting the love of your life die in prison without seeing him under any circumstance.  At the very least the children should have been allowed to see him before he passed and I'm surprised there isn't any resentment there.

I think there is more to the story because why wasn't he given compassionate release?  Maybe it was a privately run prison and so they know that it's still profitable to keep a sick inmate if they skimp on medical care.....maybe?  But it just seems odd. 

• Love 9

I'm 56 and single and last year received a friend request on Facebook from some man in a military uniform. I went over to his Facebook page and the only comments were from African men, such as a weird one congratulating him on his picture. I think most of his friends were African, too. Just for added confirmation that it was a catfish, I did an image search and sure enough, it was someone completely different whose image he stole. Point being that it easily took me less than 10 minutes to ascertain it was a catfish attempt! I actually considered playing along but then remembered that skilled people who do it for fun caution against it because although the person is in another country, he may have friends in your area who could be a real threat on his behalf. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Maybe it's Michael from Love After Lockup looking for more women to send him money.  😄 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm 56 and single and last year received a friend request on Facebook from some man in a military uniform. I went over to his Facebook page and the only comments were from African men, such as a weird one congratulating him on his picture. I think most of his friends were African, too. Just for added confirmation that it was a catfish, I did an image search and sure enough, it was someone completely different whose image he stole. Point being that it easily took me less than 10 minutes to ascertain it was a catfish attempt! I actually considered playing along but then remembered that skilled people who do it for fun caution against it because although the person is in another country, he may have friends in your area who could be a real threat on his behalf. 

There was an episode of a podcast I listen to that featured the same scam....right down to the guy being in the military.  That woman may have ended up getting caught inadvertently snuggling drugs.

I mean, sometimes the world just smiles on people and there is a hot, young, fit 25 year old who wants to pursue a serious relationship with a woman who is over 50.  And finds her on Facebook.  It could happen, but we all generally know when something is too good to be true and in that case a person should at least do what you did.  A little damn research. 

Yolanda knows how to resell stuff online but doesn't know how to do a background check?  A phone search?  An image search?  She thinks a model doesn't have a phone?  He doesn't have any family photos or candid shots at his cousins graduation or something?

You were also right just to leave him alone.  I never know if those guys can access my IP address and mess up my computer or steal my personal data.  Best just to ignore. 

8 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Maybe it's Michael from Love After Lockup looking for more women to send him money.  😄 

No references to "queen" "baby girl" or "pretty girl" so.....not Michael! 🤣😂🤣😂

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I mean, sometimes the world just smiles on people and there is a hot, young, fit 25 year old who wants to pursue a serious relationship with a woman who is over 50.  And finds her on Facebook.  It could happen, but we all generally know when something is too good to be true and in that case a person should at least do what you did.  A little damn research. 

Yes a well built young man could legitimately be interested in an older lady. However a dude parading around like a well chiseled piece of meat doesn't seem like a man who would pursue a woman who looks like a deflated moon bounce. Just a little honest self assessment when dealing with such a situation.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

The model used for Williams is not happy that his photos are being used by TLC, but they purchased them from iStock so he's SOL. 

I expect her story will be him admitting he's a catfish and them falling in love for real; a Jenny/Sumit story, hopefully without the wife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There was some info posted about Yolanda's son, a rapper with a long rap sheet, but the actual man contacted some of the IGs leaking the info and informed them that he was not her son and is in Nigeria. It sounds like he's not sure how he became attached to her, but it's already been debunked.

Here is some info that was found on her husband, who probably wasn't actually her husband, just her kids' dad. Apparently, there is a lot more coming about his arrest record, but I don't see proof of death anywhere, yet.

He has/had a lengthy criminal record starting as far back as the 1980’s. He has been a jewel thief since at least 1991. He has a slew of other arrest as well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I'm interested in this story, I would have thought because he travelled between states he would have been prosecuted by the Federal government.  

The most interesting thing, IMO, is why he wasn't granted compassionate release.  Robbing stores is bad, but if that was his last conviction it was a decade ago and it wasn't for anything super violent.  Even murderers get compassionate release. 

As for the two of them not getting officially married, I think there could be a variety of logical reasons for that, but none of them are good and I like Yolanda so I'm going to choose to think that they just never got around to it. 

• Love 4

The story of her baby daddy drama is more interesting than the show. I truly believe that all of this is fake, just as how I suspect Caesar and Maria were. IMO she already knows his true identity and is simply playing along. Jeniffer and Tiny Tim did it. Tricky Ricky did it. Corey and Evelin...I think he DID catfish her but that was a long time ago and she's moved on. Matt's friend didn't really hate Alla, David Poor and Annie weren't really mooching off his friend, Robert's son apparently doesn't even live with him fulltime (that's why there is no bed or toys everywhere), the cereal Sasha trashed belonged to the production team and it was their idea for him to do it, that chickie in the bar wasn't really Tom's ex, and according to some recent interviews Blake's friends really do like Jasmine and the animosity was made up. Sooo many things exaggerated or just flat out made up in this series. But, eh, I like watching it anyway. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
On 2/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, Scout Finch said:

I've been doing the online dating thing (ugh-NIGHTMARE) and before I meet ANYONE I do some digging to make sure they are who they say they are, and they're not criminals, pedophiles or married.  I can dig up a HUGE amount of info on these people just knowing their first name and maybe one other detail (town, workplace, high school, etc).  My friends and family tease me about my super-sleuthing abilities.  It's done me VERY well - I've found one who had a pretty serious arrest record in another state, a couple that were married and one who was in a committed "FB official" relationship.  On the contrary, if I'm finding nothing at all I can be reasonably assured that the person is a catfish or not who they claim to be and the chat stops there.  So it blows my mind how time after time, these people fail to do even the most basic research before jumping into "relationships" with their foreign flames and sending them money and spending thousands to travel to them.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, StrongbyDefault said:

I've been doing the online dating thing (ugh-NIGHTMARE) and before I meet ANYONE I do some digging to make sure they are who they say they are, and they're not criminals, pedophiles or married.  I can dig up a HUGE amount of info on these people just knowing their first name and maybe one other detail (town, workplace, high school, etc).  My friends and family tease me about my super-sleuthing abilities.  It's done me VERY well - I've found one who had a pretty serious arrest record in another state, a couple that were married and one who was in a committed "FB official" relationship.  On the contrary, if I'm finding nothing at all I can be reasonably assured that the person is a catfish or not who they claim to be and the chat stops there.  So it blows my mind how time after time, these people fail to do even the most basic research before jumping into "relationships" with their foreign flames and sending them money and spending thousands to travel to them.  

Some of this doesn't even require a FB search....just basic common sense and listening skills.  If someone lies to me about one thing, I assume they are likely lying about a lot of things.  

Like who the hell doesn't have a cell phone camera?  What British accent is that?  Yes, he could be an immigrant, but did he tell her that, or did he tell her he was born in England?  Does his backstory make any sense?  He is a good looking guy (not to me but it's a look), does he have a reasonable response for why he isn't dating locally or even in nearby European cities?

Where does he work and what does he do and how much does he know about the industry he is in.  He is allegedly a restaurant manager, ask him some questions.  

Hell, he doesn't have a cell phone camera, fine, buy a disposable camera and send it to me and I'll develop the pics.  

And I surely wouldn't be impressed by conversations that were almost all emojis.  

I mean you don't have to grill people and no one wants to deal with an Inquisition but I've found that normal people enjoy talking about themselves.   

• Love 7