Type keyword(s) to search

Ed and Rosemarie: The Long and the Short of It

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am a little sickened by the number of people who love him. Tori Spelling is even fangirling over him. Are these people watching the same thing?

I have a few friends who absolutely LOVE Ed and when I asked them why they like him so much they all said the same thing... he's like a bull in a China shop, you never know what will come out of his mouth or what he'll do and he's funny looking like a sideshow freak, you just can't take your eyes off him.  😂

I don't understand it but apparently people are fascinated by the little troll. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I have a few friends who absolutely LOVE Ed and when I asked them why they like him so much they all said the same thing... he's like a bull in a China shop, you never know what will come out of his mouth or what he'll do and he's funny looking like a sideshow freak, you just can't take your eyes off him.  😂

I could definitely hate watch him and be entertained by some of his dumbassery (the monkey scene WAS funny) if it weren't for the very real way he tries to manipulate Rose. Sometimes with these couples it's clear that they just signed on for publicity, and that's fine as long as they're both working in the same box. Rose is not in that box, though. Not only is she not in it and not decorating it, she doesn't even know it exists. He's disgusting.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

I could definitely hate watch him and be entertained by some of his dumbassery (the monkey scene WAS funny) if it weren't for the very real way he tries to manipulate Rose. Sometimes with these couples it's clear that they just signed on for publicity, and that's fine as long as they're both working in the same box. Rose is not in that box, though. Not only is she not in it and not decorating it, she doesn't even know it exists. He's disgusting.

I agree, the way he treated Rose made me sick and I felt so sorry for her when he told her that her breath stunk, her legs were hairy etc... Who does that to another person?... Who goes out of their way to embarrass and shame another person who hasn't done a damn thing to deserve it?

Ed is a crude, disgusting little pig who needs to STFU and Go Away!

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, the way he treated Rose made me sick and I felt so sorry for her when he told her that her breath stunk, her legs were hairy etc... Who does that to another person?... Who goes out of their way to embarrass and shame another person who hasn't done a damn thing to deserve it?

Ed is a crude, disgusting little pig who needs to STFU and Go Away!

Not only did he address her breath on camera, but he actually did it twice: once directly to her and again in his talking head. Rose, meanwhile, has not said anything offensive about his back hair, the smell I assume comes from him, his clothes, his lack of neck, or his weight. When they first met she did tell the camera that he's "big", but, I mean, he IS heavy. She should have looked at him and said, "You need to lose weight. I only care about your health." 

• Love 22

Here is the sneak peek

Some countries have been blurring out Darcey's cleavage. This IGer says they are blurring the wrong things

The second slide here is Ed's response

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So in the sneak peek released today Ed apparently wakes up to find that Rose has disappeared. I hope this is real and not TLC fuckery.

They had to fly there on an airliner. Unless Rose has a return ticket from Egg already (I doubt she could afford one on her own), she isn't going anywhere.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Do they realize that this is all at the expense of another actual human being, or is rose relegated to subhuman and unworthy of any respect. 

To me, it seems clear that the over the top outrageous behavior is done so strictly because he is on TV and is inauthentic.  What is authentic is his condescension and disrespect and disregard.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Do they realize that this is all at the expense of another actual human being, or is rose relegated to subhuman and unworthy of any respect. 

To me, it seems clear that the over the top outrageous behavior is done so strictly because he is on TV and is inauthentic.  What is authentic is his condescension and disrespect and disregard.  

I have no idea what they realize, I thought they'd hate him like I do but found out that like a lot of people including Tori Spelling they love Ed.

I don't understand it.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I have no idea what they realize, I thought they'd hate him like I do but found out that like a lot of people including Tori Spelling they love Ed.

I don't understand it.

I don't know about Tori spelling.  I have an idea that the minute a person lays eyes on Ed they know he is someone who SHOULD be a loveable underdog and they also KNOW that they may come off as an asshole if they don't like a person who has a fairly obvious disability.  

As well, superficially Ed seems like a happy, go lucky, plucky guy who is earnest and honest.  

I'm sure Ed, and his thirst for attention have had no problem reaching out to others D list reality stars with this very superficial version of the story. 

I didn't know Tori spelling even watched the show.  I KNOW that Chrissy tiegan does, and while I'm not a fan of hers, I'd be interested in her take on Ed as an actual viewer. 

She was wild for zied, who was not particularly sympathetic when he was on the show, so I wonder if she has been bamboozled by Ed.  I'm almost positive that if Ed reached out to Tori spelling who hasn't done much of anything in forever he absolutely reached out to Chrissy tiegan 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

While my dislike of Ed Is strong, Rose doesn’t do much to garner sympathy when she goes on to spend a lovely evening swimming and enjoying her vacation sans her son  after being humiliated about  her smelly breath and hairy legs and then goes on to say she has high hopes for a proposal  that evening.
And what’s with the two more kids crap? He’s 51 and far from rich, why would he want a couple of infants around for  the next few years? He’s barely interested in Prince. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, iwasish said:

While my dislike of Ed Is strong, Rose doesn’t do much to garner sympathy when she goes on to spend a lovely evening swimming and enjoying her vacation sans her son  after being humiliated about  her smelly breath and hairy legs and then goes on to say she has high hopes for a proposal  that evening.
And what’s with the two more kids crap? He’s 51 and far from rich, why would he want a couple of infants around for  the next few years? He’s barely interested in Prince. 

I cannot judge her for any of that because I see where she is coming from.  It makes me more sympathetic towards her because I cannot imagine she is enjoying any of this because ed is a wet blanket who continually moves the goal posts and drops bombs on her. 

If she has any hope of getting she and prince out of poverty, she has to make Ed believe that she likes the sex and enjoys spending time with him.  At the very least she has to put on creepy ass lingerie as he dangles the carrot of American citizenship and a middle class American lifestyle for she and prince in front of her.  

In rare moments, when she has had more disrespect than I could ever handle she loses her cool and lashes back.  She didn't even call Ed "ugly" in English, she was forced to say it in Tagalog so he didn't know. 

Her whole future is riding on Ed, who will constantly make her think that he is totally serious about marrying her...except for this one little thing......and then this other little thing.....and wait, there is just one more thing.  

And I think that she is very serious about prince coming with her.  This, IMO, is why she was upfront about his existence and didn't try to pawn him off as Maria's child.  I think that Maria would have gone along with it and probably Freddy too.  

So yeah, I feel super sorry for rose.  She doesn't even seem to know what the rest of us do.... that all these hoops she is jumping through are for nothing.  She will never get that carrot and Ed is an insincere sex tourist. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, Gobi said:

They had to fly there on an airliner. Unless Rose has a return ticket from Egg already (I doubt she could afford one on her own), she isn't going anywhere.

Right, there's no way Rose could have gone home or left the island on her own. She's probably just out for a walk but viewers are going to be led to believe she's MIA for dramatic purposes. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't know what Crissy Tiegen thinks of Ed but it wouldn't surprise me if she liked him.

Sometimes I wonder about Crissy....She's an absolute fantard for Baby girl Lisa 

Because Chrissy is a nasty bitch just like BGL. 

54 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Right, there's no way Rose could have gone home or left the island on her own. She's probably just out for a walk but viewers are going to be led to believe she's MIA for dramatic purposes. 

While I don’t doubt she’s probably just hiding out for a bit, if she truly wanted to leave I’m sure the crew would get her out of there. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I cannot judge her for any of that because I see where she is coming from.  It makes me more sympathetic towards her because I cannot imagine she is enjoying any of this because ed is a wet blanket who continually moves the goal posts and drops bombs on her. 

If she has any hope of getting she and prince out of poverty, she has to make Ed believe that she likes the sex and enjoys spending time with him.  At the very least she has to put on creepy ass lingerie as he dangles the carrot of American citizenship and a middle class American lifestyle for she and prince in front of her.  

In rare moments, when she has had more disrespect than I could ever handle she loses her cool and lashes back.  She didn't even call Ed "ugly" in English, she was forced to say it in Tagalog so he didn't know. 

Her whole future is riding on Ed, who will constantly make her think that he is totally serious about marrying her...except for this one little thing......and then this other little thing.....and wait, there is just one more thing.  

And I think that she is very serious about prince coming with her.  This, IMO, is why she was upfront about his existence and didn't try to pawn him off as Maria's child.  I think that Maria would have gone along with it and probably Freddy too.  

So yeah, I feel super sorry for rose.  She doesn't even seem to know what the rest of us do.... that all these hoops she is jumping through are for nothing.  She will never get that carrot and Ed is an insincere sex tourist. 

Rose is young and attractive enough that she could easily dump Ed and find another mark. It’s not like she has 7 years invested in this relationship. It’s been way less than a year.  

Also at this point in time on the show, Ed has been there only a couple of days and has been an ass to her every one of them. It’s not as if he’s wooed her and romanced her, or bought her all kinds of gifts, the writing is on the wall, the same is it for Usman and Lisa. Neither  Usman or Rose should have any expectation that things will be better in the USA. I say cut your losses and send Ed and Lisa packing. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 9

I was in an abusive relationship in my early 20s. I knew it was abuse, I knew he was awful and wouldn't change, and I knew I didn't deserve it. I stayed in it for as long as I did partly out of pride. I didn't want to have to face the "I told you so"s or admit that I'd been wrong. I was embarrassed that I'd gotten myself into that situation. Later, while working with an international violence against women organization, I learned those are not uncommon feelings. I imagine for people like Rose, having it filmed and televised might amplify those feelings. I definitely don't judge her or anyone else sticking in there when they should be high- tailing it out. I'd not be excited to return to my family and say, "Sorry, guys, turns out he was using me for sex and got off on publicly humiliating me." 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Where ever she is, you can best believe she called her sister the moment she was able. Glad she left his sorry ass alone after insulting her every which way.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I was in an abusive relationship in my early 20s. I knew it was abuse, I knew he was awful and wouldn't change, and I knew I didn't deserve it. I stayed in it for as long as I did partly out of pride. I didn't want to have to face the "I told you so"s or admit that I'd been wrong. I was embarrassed that I'd gotten myself into that situation. Later, while working with an international violence against women organization, I learned those are not uncommon feelings. I imagine for people like Rose, having it filmed and televised might amplify those feelings. I definitely don't judge her or anyone else sticking in there when they should be high- tailing it out. I'd not be excited to return to my family and say, "Sorry, guys, turns out he was using me for sex and got off on publicly humiliating me." 

While I've never experienced abuse I can sympathize with your situation., emotional abuse can be complicated. 

On the other hand if the abuse is physical, then I say get the hell out of there, yesterday!!! 👍

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I’m glad you were able to get out of a bad  situation. No one deserves to be treated in a degrading manner.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

Rose is young and attractive enough that she could easily dump Ed and find another mark. It’s not like she has 7 years invested in this relationship. It’s been way less than a year.  

Also at this point in time on the show, Ed has been there only a couple of days and has been an ass to her every one of them. It’s not as if he’s wooed her and romanced her, or bought her all kinds of gifts, the writing is on the wall, the same is it for Usman and Lisa. Neither  Usman or Rose should have any expectation that things will be better in the USA. I say cut your losses and send Ed and Lisa packing. 

Is she though?  I imagine there is more demand than supply of creepy western dudes looking to import a foreign wife.  And I think that supply plummets if you are looking for a guy to support a child as well.  I'd bet a shiny nickel that's why these women force their kids to call these guys "daddy" to try to encourage a bond and to show that their kid won't be difficult. 

You'd leave and so would I.  But I'd be going home to a fairly nice place that is, to my knowledge, rat free. 

I think thats the saddest part about the whole thing.  The writing IS on the wall.  It's very clear he isn't trying to do anything but have a sex vacation....but I could see where she would just be desperate and hope that if she just jumps through this final hoop.....or just this final final hoop......or just this final final final hoop.....

It's very Lucy and the football. Yeah, Charlie Brown was a fool for trusting her, but he really wanted to kick that football!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Ugh, I'm so sorry for your experience 😞

its so hard to know what to do if someone you care about is in that situation.  You want to encourage them to leave, but you don't want them to feel forced to stay because they don't want to feel shitty and small. 

If people love you, they only want to see you happy, but it can seem like an attack on the wrong person.  Instead of it being an 'oh that guy was a shit, I'm glad you bounced" it can come off like "you're such a dummy for choosing a piece of shit"

• Love 3

The Ed and Rose story is quite unique in the sense that we have an American who is totally lying about having intentions to propose. It's a cautionary tale for the foreigners.

Much the reverse of David and Yolanda.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

The Ed and Rose story is quite unique in the sense that we have an American who is totally lying about having intentions to propose. It's a cautionary tale for the foreigners.

Much the reverse of David and Yolanda.

That's an interesting take.  Technically I know that Ed has no interest in proposing to rose and likely never did.  But it's interesting to think that someone overseas might see it and make changes to their screening process. 

It'll suck for the America guys who do want to import a wife, but strategically, were I in roses position, I'd have a very "heir and the spare" mentality.  

• Love 1

It's being reported on both Reddit and Facebook that Rose is taking a lot of hate in the Philippines for being part of this show, being a sex worker, and being with a woman. She is now denying being with a woman, and has never admitted being a sex worker, but it doesn't matter to the other Filipinos who are judging her. I googled translated some of the trash talk but finally just read what people were saying the posts said. 

So, if anyone wants to help her out, she is now on Cameo.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:40 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I don't understand it.

Just look who Tori married and mated with - yeah, he's a real winner (just like Ed).

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

That's an interesting take.  Technically I know that Ed has no interest in proposing to rose and likely never did.  But it's interesting to think that someone overseas might see it and make changes to their screening process. 

It'll suck for the America guys who do want to import a wife, but strategically, were I in roses position, I'd have a very "heir and the spare" mentality.  

Did we ever see a ring?  I agree that he was never going to propose, he was going to get nooky and then come back all horned up.  

2 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

Just look who Tori married and mated with - yeah, he's a real winner (just like Ed).

Yeah, a guy who was married and in the middle of adopting a baby and oh wait, she was married too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

And this is one of the reasons why I don't care for the (s)he's gay/sex worker talk. For snarkers like us, it doesn't matter. We watch the show, laugh, and carry on with our lives. Sharing rumors about whether or not Rose is a sex worker or lesbian in the Philippines has no bearing on my life... but it might on hers. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but spreading things like that can have a very real effect on the person's real life. We don't know what these people's religious beliefs are. When the American dumps them and TLC moves on to their next dumpster fire, are these women going to be able to find jobs? Find other partners? Be accepted back in the family home? Prostitution and homosexuality starts crossing over into some gray area. We don't know; that's a completely different culture from ours. Like Laura with Aladin-she could've gotten him into some serious trouble. 

I don't know. It feels...exploitative. If they want to come out and make those announcements themselves then I feel like that's one thing. But any asshole can get online, claim to know someone, and make up shit about them. Them's just the days we live in. But as far as the show goes, there is sooo much onscreen shenanigans and court records and newspaper articles and arrest records that I feel like I have more than enough to snark about with these crazies. 

I'm not telling anyone how to post, just expressing my own feelings. Because this show can be so over the top and has so much frauding going on I sometimes forget that most of these people are real folks with actual problems.

FWIW, one of the original gay rumors about Rose was started on Reddit by a brand new account who'd never previously posted-an account that has since been closed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
24 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

And this is one of the reasons why I don't care for the (s)he's gay/sex worker talk. For snarkers like us, it doesn't matter. We watch the show, laugh, and carry on with our lives. Sharing rumors about whether or not Rose is a sex worker or lesbian in the Philippines has no bearing on my life... but it might on hers. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but spreading things like that can have a very real effect on the person's real life. We don't know what these people's religious beliefs are. When the American dumps them and TLC moves on to their next dumpster fire, are these women going to be able to find jobs? Find other partners? Be accepted back in the family home? Prostitution and homosexuality starts crossing over into some gray area. We don't know; that's a completely different culture from ours. Like Laura with Aladin-she could've gotten him into some serious trouble. 

I don't know. It feels...exploitative. If they want to come out and make those announcements themselves then I feel like that's one thing. But any asshole can get online, claim to know someone, and make up shit about them. Them's just the days we live in. But as far as the show goes, there is sooo much onscreen shenanigans and court records and newspaper articles and arrest records that I feel like I have more than enough to snark about with these crazies. 

I'm not telling anyone how to post, just expressing my own feelings. Because this show can be so over the top and has so much frauding going on I sometimes forget that most of these people are real folks with actual problems.

FWIW, one of the original gay rumors about Rose was started on Reddit by a brand new account who'd never previously posted-an account that has since been closed. 

What a thoughtful post.  Thank you!  This why my eyes twitched (a lot) when Ed announced that he and Rose had done the boom boom.  Maybe her Catholic family did not need to know this, Ed?   Maybe Rose does not share how often she gets nooky with her family, I know I sure as hell don't, lol!!

Per the gay talk:  What bothers me, as much as what @mamadrama said, it so what if she IS gay?  It is 2020, are we still attempting to slur people by calling them gay?  And as for people alleging she is a sex worker, will you send her $$ every month to support her so she does not have to do this?  (I want to be really snarky and say the people chapping on her for being an alleged sex worker are probably dudes paying for online porn!)

• Love 14
On 5/1/2020 at 2:51 AM, Joan of Argh said:

have a few friends who absolutely LOVE Ed and when I asked them why they like him so much they all said the same thing... he's like a bull in a China shop, you never know what will come out of his mouth or what he'll do and he's funny looking like a sideshow freak, you just can't take your eyes off him. 

Did you ask you friends if they would date him or worse yet, sleep with him?  Eeee gawds

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What a thoughtful post.  Thank you!  This why my eyes twitched (a lot) when Ed announced that he and Rose had done the boom boom.  Maybe her Catholic family did not need to know this, Ed?   Maybe Rose does not share how often she gets nooky with her family, I know I sure as hell don't, lol!!

Per the gay talk:  What bothers me, as much as what @mamadrama said, it so what if she IS gay?  It is 2020, are we still attempting to slur people by calling them gay?  And as for people alleging she is a sex worker, will you send her $$ every month to support her so she does not have to do this?  (I want to be really snarky and say the people chapping on her for being an alleged sex worker are probably dudes paying for online porn!)

It's like what Julia Roberts said in PRETTY WOMAN: It's not like it's every little girl's dream. 

I don't think anyone goes into that kind of work because it's a chosen career path. A lot of times they're either really desperate or coerced. Both are incredibly sad and scary. 😥

I didn't mean to be preachy or anything. I talk smack as much as anyone else. I do worry about some of the women, though, and what they may face once the cameras stop rolling. And Ed absolutely should have let her share that information herself-or not at all if she preferred. It may be modern times, but that's still just good manners.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I didn't mean to be preachy or anything. I talk smack as much as anyone else. I do worry about some of the women, though, and what they may face once the cameras stop rolling. And Ed absolutely should have let her share that information herself-or not at all if she preferred. It may be modern times, but that's still just good manners.

Not preachy at all.  Look, I think prostitution should be legal.  Where it is legal in Nevada there few issues with johns and STD's - I may take flack for writing this, but it is my opinion.  She is a poor girl living in a Catholic country that is pretty traditional.  When people start in with "I heard this" or "Maybe she does that" it is wrong.  I am sure she is getting ripped on for not taking Prince with on vacation - but Ed did not invite him because that would get in the way of his batter dipping the corn dog, right?

• Love 10

This is probably the same video posted right above this comment, but I'm not sure because that link will not open for me for some annoying reason

Ed posted this and then deleted and banned the commenter I quoted below:

ed_awarenesssss - the watermark exposed his lie, he wrote it and snapped it from his phone.--"CamScanner features a mobile scanner that works by using a camera function within the app. After snapping a picture of the paper you want to scan, the app then recognizes the corners of the sheet and outlines it to crop it in a way that makes it look perfect"

• Useful 1
(edited)

Eww, first off what the hell 9 year old is watching this show. 

Second off, why is a 9 year old sending a sex tourist fan mail?

Third off, why is a sex tourist bragging about fan mail from a nine year old girl?

This is particularly not a good look, when rose always looks about 12.  If this was a stunt, it was really poorly thought out. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Eww, first off what the hell 9 year old is watching this show. 

Second off, why is a 9 year old sending a sex tourist fan mail?

Third off, why is a sex tourist bragging about fan mail from a nine year old girl?

This is particularly not a good look, when rose always looks about 12.  If this was a stunt, it was really poorly thought out. 

My 8yo watches it with me, but the fact that a 9yo girl was invested enough to send him fanmail is on a whole nother level. 

• Love 4

Saving for posterity:

The first mention I ever saw of Rose being gay was on Facebook right before the season started. I don't know if she is or not, but the posts in the lesbian forum from an account that also linked to Ed, and showed photos of them on the beach shown in the last episode, makes me believe the account was hers. You can definitely be pro LGBTQI and heterosexual; I know I am, so being a part of that group doesn't make her a lesbian, just someone who is a member of a lesbian FB group. 

If it wasn't her FB account, you would think Ed would have figured it out and stopped chatting with it during those two months when they were "dating" for the show. Rose has now deleted or made private all her social media accounts except one Instagram and one YouTube channel, but has several fake accounts under her name on both. She also keeps shutting down GFMs saying they are not hers and do not donate.

What I was reading really came across as people wanting to tear her down because it looks like she may be "moving up to the US" from poverty. There were a few Filipinos who live here now saying the same thing happened to them and it's just jealousy. I don't doubt that people would think less of her for being a sex worker or lesbian, because those are stigmas that exist everywhere, but admit I feel much worse for her being embarrassed by Ed every chance he got when he knew damn well this relationship was not going anywhere. He used her and threw her away and some people were taking glee in it.

• Love 4
(edited)

At some point, someone in most everyone's family came to the US to "move up". 

There is a big obvious exception but I suspect that people who are talking shit to her had a family member who immigrated to the US for a better life at some point.  

So what, she wants a better life....so did most of our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents, etc.  

Is she supposed to want to live in poverty, is she not supposed to have any ambition to escape crushing poverty if she can?  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 16
On 5/3/2020 at 2:32 PM, mamadrama said:

BINGO! I feel exactly the same way. There is way too much re-posting of stuff that is probably made up and can be really hurtful to people's real lives. I watch this show for entertainment but it's become anything but entertaining now. It's more like a parade of freaks and their victims, some knowingly, others not so much. And the above bolded parts are what bothers me so much about re-posting shit that is just rumors. I know, I know, 'but we watch it for fun, and the rumors are part of it..' But I would ask you all, are they? Do WE have to make that so, or can WE decide to be the change and not buy into that shit? I think we all have a part to play and one can very easily say, "Oh Rose knew what she was getting into, it's her own fault if she gets blowback at home..." but really isn't that just us trying to make ourselves not culpable for fueling hateful rumors in the first place?

It would be great if we could simply refrain from doing this anymore, but I think there will always be people who revel in the rumor-mongering, but for me personally, its sad, especially when you see how it can destroy someone's life, someone like Rose, who has so very little to begin with, and is just trying to make a better life for herself and her family. And on that topic, I hope that Rose can find real love with someone who will make her feel special and treat her well. I remember that weird lady Aika, and her weirdo fiance. He was sort of a loser IIRC, but at least he seemed to genuinely love and respect her. There's someone out there for Rose, and I hope she finds that person.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

There is a big obvious exception but I suspect that people who are talking shit to her had a family member who immigrated to the US for a better life at some point.  

So what, she wants a better life....so did most of our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents, etc.  

Is she supposed to want to live in poverty, is she not supposed to have any ambition to escape crushing poverty if she can?  

Yep. That's basically what our country was founded upon: escaping shitty conditions back home. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's people in the Philippines that are giving her a hard time and seem to have a problem with her American dream, and yes, they do expect her to want to live in poverty because they are. The Filipinos already in the US were supporting her, saying they underwent the same thing, and it's just jealousy. That probably wasn't clear in my post.

I don't think Rose expected the backlash she is receiving and I certainly don't think she expected Ed to be so awful to her on screen, but she wasn't posting to a lesbian FB group anonymously and actually seemed to be an open advocate for gay rights in the Philippines before being on the show. There is really no doubt that she receives much more attention now than before the show and I hope she continues her advocacy after the show ends, if that is what she wants to do.

Ed, on the other hand, needs to go away:

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Christina said:

It's people in the Philippines that are giving her a hard time and seem to have a problem with her American dream, and yes, they do expect her to want to live in poverty because they are. The Filipinos already in the US were supporting her, saying they underwent the same thing, and it's just jealousy. That probably wasn't clear in my post.

I don't think Rose expected the backlash she is receiving and I certainly don't think she expected Ed to be so awful to her on screen, but she wasn't posting to a lesbian FB group anonymously and actually seemed to be an open advocate for gay rights in the Philippines before being on the show. There is really no doubt that she receives much more attention now than before the show and I hope she continues her advocacy after the show ends, if that is what she wants to do.

When I saw "Cinco de Mayo" . . . I thought Ed was making fun of his own hair product.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

When I saw "Cinco de Mayo" . . . I thought Ed was making fun of his own hair product.

So did I!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Christina said:

Ed may be as thirsty as Tori.  And that is saying something!

Ed just claimed on his video that Aaron Spelling created M A S H.  Someone needs to fact check.  Will Ed ever learn to think before he speaks?

• Love 1
On 5/1/2020 at 12:56 AM, Frozendiva said:

I suppose that I am shallow but I would be hard-pressed to date a man who reeks of mayonnaise.

A guy friend who watches the show asked me would I sleep with Ed for $25K? I said HELL NO. Then countered, would you sleep with Lisa for $25K? He actually said sure but wouldn't raw dog it.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, mamadrama said:

And this is one of the reasons why I don't care for the (s)he's gay/sex worker talk. For snarkers like us, it doesn't matter. We watch the show, laugh, and carry on with our lives. Sharing rumors about whether or not Rose is a sex worker or lesbian in the Philippines has no bearing on my life... but it might on hers. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but spreading things like that can have a very real effect on the person's real life. 

I don't give a crap if Rose is a sex worker and/or is gay. She deserves way better than Ed and I cannot believe Ed was the only one to nibble on the bait.  TLC/Sharp needs to figure something to in paying these foreigners because Rose deserves money for all the humiliation she went through. 

• Love 14