Type keyword(s) to search

Ed and Rosemarie: The Long and the Short of It

• Start Topic

On 3/22/2020 at 3:15 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

@RealReality I agree about the timing being very suspicious re: the mother. 

I wonder if anyone else has considered the possibility that he's acquiring another set of eyes to watch Rose while he's at work, etc.?  He clearly doesn't trust her at all!

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Spike said:

I guess to him an athletic build is having the shape of a volleyball.

I think he looks like an Oompa Loompas from charlie's chocolate factory.Esp with his mayonaissy hair.

In reality, he is the classic UGLY AMERICAN....mispronouncing Philipino, Screaming does anyone speak ENGLISH..like the world exists to please him....nasty guy all around

• Love 18
13 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

she has 4K Facebook friends.

Where does internet come into her world....she lives behind a store....indoor plumbing...no...sister looking for a hand out...doing laundry in a bucket -outside...HOW DO THEY PAY Their internet bills,  and device to access it????

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, TMI said:

Where does internet come into her world....she lives behind a store....indoor plumbing...no...sister looking for a hand out...doing laundry in a bucket -outside...HOW DO THEY PAY Their internet bills,  and device to access it????

We've discussed this on the episode-specific threads. Rose can buy an unlocked used smartphone in the Philippines for $20-$30. Then she can buy a prepaid 5GB data card for about $5 that will last her two months.

It's only in the USA that we pay $75+ per month for mobile data.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, gavinmac said:

We've discussed this on the episode-specific threads. Rose can buy an unlocked used smartphone in the Philippines for $20-$30. Then she can buy a prepaid 5GB data card for about $5 that will last her two months.

It's only in the USA that we pay $75+ per month for mobile data.

And the basic way friends and family help out financially is to transfer money is share "load"  on their sim cards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, gavinmac said:

Yeah, that's sort of what I mean, I shouldn't have used the term "no decent guy" would be interested in her.  

Her options in the Philippines as an average looking impoverished single mom are to marry a guy who is very poor or older or who has his own issues. She can't get a normal middle class Filipino guy.  

Her options online are to marry guys like Ed or older or poorer than Ed or from less desirable countries than the USA. 

Ed is not batting out his league here.  She's really far down the international dating totem pole.

Now with that in mind, would Nikki (of Nikki and Mark) have been better able to snag a good prospect in the Phillipines ? She was very young, no kids, pretty (IMHO). 

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I wonder if anyone else has considered the possibility that he's acquiring another set of eyes to watch Rose while he's at work, etc.?  He clearly doesn't trust her at all!

Lies and mistrust, great foundation to start a relationship...by the way, didn't Bid Ed say he was going to get engaged on this trip? How the fuck would that proposal go? "I don't trust you, know nothing about you, I lied about my height and need you to take an STD test but I won't...will you marry me?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lies and mistrust, great foundation to start a relationship...by the way, didn't Bid Ed say he was going to get engaged on this trip? How the fuck would that proposal go? "I don't trust you, know nothing about you, I lied about my height and need you to take an STD test but I won't...will you marry me?"

I’m sure germophobe Ed is freaking out about the current situation.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m sure germophobe Ed is freaking out about the current situation.  

If TLC really wants to run with the "germophobe" persona, they should have Ed doing what they (we) really do when they (we) enter a hotel room.  Walk in the room with a Clorox wipe and immediately sanitize the remote control, all outlets and switches, bathroom fixtures, doorknobs, etc.

They showed a guy who walked into the room, brushed his teeth, and got into bed without even taking a shower.

#notarealgermophobe

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You left out “and I’m getting a vasectomy, even though you want kids.”

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Now with that in mind, would Nikki (of Nikki and Mark) have been better able to snag a good prospect in the Phillipines ? She was very young, no kids, pretty (IMHO). 

I assume so. Nikki was younger, no kids, prettier, spoke better English. She could have even played the field and landed one of the rare good looking American guys in his 20s or early 30s on one of the international online dating websites.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I assume so. Nikki was younger, no kids, prettier, spoke better English. She could have even played the field and landed one of the rare good looking American guys in his 20s or early 30s on one of the international online dating websites.

Mark acted like he had a lot more money then he did, lived in a large home, did not want more children, something she originally agreed she did not want, either, and did not want to go to school or work, which Mark supported.

She could have done better but not a lot of young men probably fit that criteria. She was actually engaged to another man when she left for the States to marry Mark, and he found out why he was ghosted when his sister saw her on TV.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If TLC really wants to run with the "germophobe" persona, they should have Ed doing what they (we) really do when they (we) enter a hotel room.  Walk in the room with a Clorox wipe and immediately sanitize the remote control, all outlets and switches, bathroom fixtures, doorknobs, etc.

They showed a guy who walked into the room, brushed his teeth, and got into bed without even taking a shower.

#notarealgermophobe

I also did not see a germophobe or someone that is picking about bedding when they showed Ed in the hotel. I do not consider myself a germaphobe except in hotels. We were traveling to get some medical care, and it was the week after halloween and my son bought a black light 90% off on clearance. He used it in our hotel room and yikes. We were staying at a upper end hotel , I think the most expensive on in the city.  Again I am no neat freak at home, but I bring my own pillows and blankets to hotels. I never walk on the rug barefoot, I have flip flops for the shower.  Ed did not seem worried at all about  Hotel germs or germs at the airport.

What I do think is Ed is more of a comfort phobe. He panicked about the weather, the humidity, needing aircon,  He is used to some of the best weather in San Diego we have in the US.  His like for 1000 thread count sheets and not being able to take the lack of aircon, is that he is just used to being comfortable. 

• Love 8

Rosemarie married a woman named Jhys Solayoa in Kentucky in 2019, works for a South Korean K-Pop music company called MLD Entertaiment and claims she studied at Seoul National University.

They deleted the FB accounts or made them private, and this is the best quality of the screencaps I found so far. The marriage license is being located as is more info on the wife, who didn't ask to be part of this.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Okay so Usman and Rose are really bi, but Stephanie is faking it for attention?

Meh.... who cares who is gay/bi/straight/purple.    Personally I think Steph and Erika wanted to be on TV, regardless of what their sexual orientation might be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

#notarealgermophobe

Plus, what happened to those 400 thread count sheets? And the fact he was ok to go to chop shop for a mani/pedi but grossed out at the fact of taking a STD test at the hospital. Right Ed. Right.  You're not a germaphobe, you're a control freak.

#controlfreak

• Love 19
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

#notarealgermophobe

#germaposer

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe. She might have seen an opportunity in a show that had never shown a same sex couple. My kids watch a shit ton of YouTubers and someone is always pretending to be gay/bi for views. He'll, JayStation (asshole) used to pretend to buy "gay juice" from the Dark Web so that he could pretend to be gay for 24 hours. There are some sick fuckers out there who will do most anything for clout or views.

That's just an idea, though. Not one I necessarily believe. What I DO believe is that their romantic relationship is fake, not their sexuality. I feel the same way about some of the straight couples.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Christina said:

Rosemarie married a woman named Jhys Solayoa in Kentucky in 2019, works for a South Korean K-Pop music company called MLD Entertaiment and claims she studied at Seoul National University.

They deleted the FB accounts or made them private, and this is the best quality of the screencaps I found so far. The marriage license is being located as is more info on the wife, who didn't ask to be part of this.

Is that a women? There is a facebook account with a name spelled 1 letter different but the pictures look like them. The other person, not Rose has a chest tat and is shirtless and it looks like a male's chest to me? 

I had watched Auntie's Advice, about Rose being with someone else. Auntie calls her quick talks say it is not so. When I heard Rose might have found someone knew. I was yelling say it is so! 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Maybe. She might have seen an opportunity in a show that had never shown a same sex couple. My kids watch a shit ton of YouTubers and someone is always pretending to be gay/bi for views. He'll, JayStation (asshole) used to pretend to buy "gay juice" from the Dark Web so that he could pretend to be gay for 24 hours. There are some sick fuckers out there who will do most anything for clout or views.

That's just an idea, though. Not one I necessarily believe. What I DO believe is that their romantic relationship is fake, not their sexuality. I feel the same way about some of the straight couples.

"Gay juice"? Do I even want to know?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Not nearly as interesting as it sounds, unfortunately. 

Well there is Jesus Juice, and all the apostles were dudes . . . .

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 1

Rosemarie was "outed" as a lesbian as soon as the show began. She is a member of some lesbian Facebook groups, and the other members were disclosing it on the 90DF FB pages and Reddit, and were shouted down. I don't think she has ever claimed to be bisexual, only lesbian.

This says they are not married yet, just engaged. Rose posted about it in Tagalog and it wasn't translated correctly.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Christina said:

Rosemarie was "outed" as a lesbian as soon as the show began. She is a member of some lesbian Facebook groups, and the other members were disclosing it on the 90DF FB pages and Reddit, and were shouted down. I don't think she has ever claimed to be bisexual, only lesbian.

This says they are not married yet, just engaged. Rose posted about it in Tagalog and it wasn't translated correctly.

If she is only lesbian, did she have an immaculate conception?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Even though she isn't smiling she looks 100x happier in this picture.  Good for her, life is too short to be miserable.  

No pun intended. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Spike said:

If she is only lesbian, did she have an immaculate conception?

Many women who identify as lesbian have had sex the old-fashioned way to have children. I'm not sure how old her son is, but she may not have been out to herself before that relationship, either. She may actually be bisexual, but when she was outed online initially, it was for being a lesbian and the proof posted was snapshots from a private FB group discussing lesbian issues specifically, as opposed to the greater LGBQTI (I'm almost certain that isn't the right anagram) issues. Now that the info was rediscovered, the people who were berated into removing their posts about her being a lesbian have provided some of the screenshots to places like Soapdirt.

I don't agree with her being outed the way she was originally and see why people had a major problem with it causing posts to be removed from both FB and Reddit. Not only should no one be outed, the show is full of frauding and we are hardly being harmed by her lying about her sexual orientation on the show. One of the ousters claimed she thought Rosemarie was going to be the first same-sex couple that was being leaked and that's why she released the info. 

Here's some additional info, which suggests the filming would have taken place between June and August 2019.

Yeah, I hate it when the "dirt" is homosexuality-centered and it's meant to be all shocking and everything. Please. All these fools are fronting. There's probably not a single one in the mix who isn't hiding something or didn't get into this for ulterior motives. 

• Love 14
On 3/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, Spike said:

Honestly, that photo doesn’t even look like Rose, it just seems like another internet rumor that circulates until people think it’s true.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

Honestly, that photo doesn’t even look like Rose, it just seems like another internet rumor that circulates until people think it’s true.

Whew! I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought it didn’t look like Rose from the show. Not saying it isn’t (because I’m usually wrong about things like that), just that I didn’t see the resemblance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Apparently, Rose has confirmed it is her in those photos to some tabloid. These people do not give a damn about their NDAs. No one really seems to care about her sexual orientation, though. It's mostly being commented negatively about Ed turning her off of men forever, which I guess could be taken negatively in a conversation about sexuality, but this is your run-of-the-mill snark for this show.

Now, there is this from Ed:

And everyone is trying to figure out if he's just clout chasing, or jumping on an attention bandwagon.

I've decided everything points to him being a eunuch. He said he was married, had his daughter, cheated on his wife, and didn't have a relationship after his divorce. On top of that, when he was packing the lingerie and condoms, he also had a vibrator. Then, he claimed he decided he didn't want more children and was going to have a vasectomy, which he hadn't done in all these years. 

I think either his wife or mistress cut off his penis, rendering the need for a vasectomy moot, and causing an unplanned celibacy. An alternative, but not as satisfactory theory, is that he picked up an STI while fooling around during his marriage, making him super afraid now. 

Whatever the case is with the relationship with Rosemarie, it doesn't look like it was ever planned to be intimate, and the SM tracking only shows them commenting on each other's FB pages for two months, leading right up to the trip and filming. Either, they were contacting each other through another means, like a dating site, or were set up by someone for filming purposes. Whatever the case, I don't think it's anything like what they said with him communicating online with her for three months and sending $5000 in gifts, with shipping, before meeting in person. 

I think Big Ed is seeking attention from KJ and trying to hook his wagon to hers. And yeah, the more I read and watch, the more I think he and Rose were set up by production, or someone else, and it's all fake. I think her anger about the STD convo was legit because she thought he embarrassed her by taking it too far. 

I also think the Lana/David story is fake.

• Love 7

After watching her spend a few days with Big Ed it's becoming clear to me now why Rose fell in love with and married a woman. She's probably scarred for life now. 

Seriously, though...damn. I'm totally rooting for her. 

• Love 10
On 3/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, AZChristian said:

He's a real person!  Not smart, but real.

Capture.JPG

Architecture is hard as hell to get through.  There is so much to it and it get a master's in it as well, is commendable.  His judgment in women and personal relationships are worthy of snark.  Knowing he has a medical condition now, I feel badly for making fun of him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suzywallis said:

Architecture is hard as hell to get through.  There is so much to it and it get a master's in it as well, is commendable.  His judgment in women and personal relationships are worthy of snark.  Knowing he has a medical condition now, I feel badly for making fun of him. 

I feel a little bad about making fun of his neck but not a bit about ridiculing him in general. Hey, you come onto my screen and you're implying permission for snark.

• Love 9

It is convenient that he was looking for a nice, young wife. She could be the caregiver to his elderly mother. However, he should have stated that in his intro and expressed concern that Rose (or anyone else) would not want to help care for his mother (i.e. who will be moving in with him til he can find suitable accommodation for her). If I was Rose, I would feel very used.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Knowing he has a medical condition now, I feel badly for making fun of him. 

AFAIC, his repugnant behavior towards Rose and women in general supercedes his 'condition'. He is a pig. Period, end of story. It has nothing to do with any physical issues he may have.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
21 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Not me, people with medical conditions can be assholes too.  And if Ed was eight feet tall and strapping I'd think he was the same scuzzball for taking advantage of desperate poverty to get a slim, pretty 23 year old indentured servant.  And I'd still think that his hair looks gross. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

AFAIC, his repugnant behavior towards Rose and women in general supercedes his 'condition'. He is a pig. Period, end of story. It has nothing to do with any physical issues he may have.

Do you suspect he uses his "aw shucks, I'm so sweet because of my condition" to manipulate people? I didn't when we met him, I thought his derpy scooter and cute dog in a backpack were cute when we first started, but now I hate him almost as much as Geoffrey.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 3/31/2020 at 8:25 PM, mamadrama said:

I feel a little bad about making fun of his neck but not a bit about ridiculing him in general. Hey, you come onto my screen and you're implying permission for snark.

Hell, if you go on t.v. you are basically sending me an invitation with my name in calligraphy to mock you! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Do you suspect he uses his "aw shucks, I'm so sweet because of my condition" to manipulate people? I didn't when we met him, I thought his derpy scooter and cute dog in a backpack were cute when we first started, but now I hate him almost as much as Geoffrey.

Yeah, I think he might. 

I went to high school with this girl who tried so hard to be the quirky, cool chick who marched to the beat of her own drum. She was a little nerdy, went out of her way to be weird, and let her freak flag fly high. (I can say this because I also carried said flag.) In reality, though, she was really just a Regina George without the posse. She was a horrid, hateful person who manipulated people through her "weird girl" persona. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Re-watched the part of him massaging her feet and, honestly, the look on his face makes me super uncomfortable. The looks on her face are comedy gold. She actually recoils several times. 

Methinks a dude who smells like sweat and spoilt egg salad and hasn't had sex in 28 years ought not be so picky over leg fuzz. IMO asking someone to shave like that is something that should be delayed until the third or fourth date at least.  (I think it's rude in general) Also, if he's going to use it as a bargaining tool (shave or we won't have sex) then he might be in for a rude awakening.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

honestly, the look on his face makes me super uncomfortable

Looks like a beady-eyed horny billy goat.  I’m sure his O face is the stuff of nightmares.

• LOL 8