Type keyword(s) to search

Ed and Rosemarie: The Long and the Short of It

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, gavinmac said:

In the Philippines, no decent man would be interested in Rosemarie. She's impoverished, likely undereducated, she looks malnourished, she's not all that pretty, and she's got a kid. 

Who determines the qualifications of  the "decent men" in the Philippines?

31 minutes ago, artisto said:

Who determines the qualifications of  the "decent men" in the Philippines?

Of course it would be Rosemarie. Assuming she is of age she would be the single determiner if Ed were more decent that the men who still show any interest in her beyond a one night booty call at home.

Now we are on the outside, before just looking at the occaisional news report and now watching a reality show might say "that just can't be, there must be someone better if she holds out a bit longer", which very well may be true. But then we also come back to say that since Ed is a loser in our opinion then Rosemarie must be a prosti with one customer who will up and leave just as soon as Immigration removes her conditions and makes her a permanent US resident.

And that she is out of your league and a prostitute who will leave you with a green card legacy predates the 90 Day franchise shows by decades.

15 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I don't see him as batting out of his league. In the Philippines, no decent man would be interested in Rosemarie. She's impoverished, likely undereducated, she looks malnourished, she's not all that pretty, and she's got a kid. 

I don't believe she is that malnourished and beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. Yes she has a kid.

Ed does have alot going for him. He's employed and has a home (that's not a trailer). He really could clean himself up and land a gal in the States.  Instead he goes after a young thing that would be dependent on him and he knows it. They have ABSOLUTELY nothing in common. I do feel that Rosemarie could have done better but so could Ed.  The fact he is going after a gal in the Philippines indicates to me that it's a power trip for him to make up for his lack of height. IMHO

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I don't believe she is that malnourished and beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. Yes she has a kid.

Ed does have alot going for him. He's employed and has a home (that's not a trailer). He really could clean himself up and land a gal in the States.  Instead he goes after a young thing that would be dependent on him and he knows it. They have ABSOLUTELY nothing in common. I do feel that Rosemarie could have done better but so could Ed.  The fact he is going after a gal in the Philippines indicates to me that it's a power trip for him to make up for his lack of height. IMHO

Or he is one of those white guys who thinks Asian women are submissive.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or he is one of those white guys who thinks Asian women are submissive.

I'm all about falling in love with a foreigner, but I have to side eye the men who target specific countries with the intention of finding a wife. IMO they target those particular women for a reason. 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Raja said:

It is more like if you think the ugly American is bad then the ugly Filipino without the American's money is worse. When she had her baby the good local guy would normally disqualify her on the spot and only a guy with his own flaws would step forward.

I might think that was a more that was then and attitudes are changing just as they have in America. Or "that is there" in a small village out in the province as opposed to a city girl. But many still go with that gut belief, after all if good local guys where going towards Rose why would she be online seeking?.

Yeah, that's sort of what I mean, I shouldn't have used the term "no decent guy" would be interested in her.  

Her options in the Philippines as an average looking impoverished single mom are to marry a guy who is very poor or older or who has his own issues. She can't get a normal middle class Filipino guy.  

Her options online are to marry guys like Ed or older or poorer than Ed or from less desirable countries than the USA. 

Ed is not batting out his league here.  She's really far down the international dating totem pole.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm all about falling in love with a foreigner, but I have to side eye the men who target specific countries with the intention of finding a wife. IMO they target those particular women for a reason. 

Exactly.

40 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Ed is not batting out his league here.  She's really far down the international dating totem pole.

It still bothers me. Maybe it's due to the inbalance of power. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Exactly.

It still bothers me. Maybe it's due to the inbalance of power. 

What makes you think she craves power more than the greatest opportunity for her child?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Raja said:

What makes you think she craves power more than the greatest opportunity for her child?

I completely forgot about her son. Of course, she is willing to marry someone not terribly desirable physically but certainly desirable for the opportunity he can give her son. A comfortable life, and education...... some things are more important than some young hot guy. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My former co-worker had a friend who did this. It was the guy’s second marriage. He had an adult son and the guy declared he was going to encourage his son to also seek a woman from the particular country because “they know how to treat men”. 

Yep. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder how many men her son has had to call daddy so far in order to try to get the guy to feel inclined to feel responsible for him. 

Truthfully none, the boyfriend would always be uncle until a legal marriage took place with the local men.

14 minutes ago, Raja said:

Truthfully none, the boyfriend would always be uncle until a legal marriage took place with the local men.

I’m not talking about locally. I’m assuming Daddy Ed isn’t the first or only foray into snagging an American man and she’s having him call daddy, not uncle

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not talking about locally. I’m assuming Daddy Ed isn’t the first or only foray into snagging an American man and she’s having him call daddy, not uncle

My default assumption is TV show producers 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

My former co-worker had a friend who did this. It was the guy’s second marriage. He had an adult son and the guy declared he was going to encourage his son to also seek a woman from the particular country because “they know how to treat men”. 

Yep. 

My ex-husband has a cousin who prefers Asian women for this reason. Last I saw him, he was big and blobby and didn't exactly have a sparkling personality. He was currently looking for his second Asian wife. I think the first one ran off on him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I think of Ed and rosemarie the same way I think of so many of these relationships.  

Ed probably couldn't land a decent looking woman even in his age range in the US.  I don't care how personable he is.  The height alone is a problem, it pretty much only worked for prince and he was actually 5'2 and was a beautiful, beautiful man. Ed is not attractive even under the most forgiving of standards.  

There are young, pretty women in the US who will date an older man, but normally that man has to bring money to the table and Ed is not that wealthy.  He isn't doing bad, but it's going to take bill and Melinda gates money to overcome his....deficits. 

He wants a young, beautiful girl and his income does not qualify him for one in the US.  

So, he heads overseas where he can get a "bargain" because he can trade on Rosemarie poverty and desperation.  

Just another transactional relationship.  She wants financial security and the shot at a better life and he wants someone pretty and younger than his daughter. 

This isn't a deep, meaningful relationship, it's an exchange of goods and services.  So, I don't want to hear any ballyhooing from him that she doesn't "love" him or whatever.  He doesn't "love" her either.  He wants a young, pretty sex partner whom he can hold a green card over.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

For Ed and Rosemarie: The Long and the Short of It, click the pink heart.

For Ed and Rosemarie: Mayo is an Aphrodisiac, click the yellow lightbulb.

For Ed and Rosemarie: Ed and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, click the orange smiley face.

For Ed and Rosemarie: High Thread Counts...and That's About All, click the green surprised face.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Looks to me like Big Ed may be the little scammer in this relationship. IMO he's just on the show to promote his brand. He was a famewhore before he signed on. I don't say that to put him down, it's just something I keep reminding myself when I start feeling pity for him. 

I'm really rooting for Rose in this storyline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Big Ed is making room for his mama.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:31 PM, Kath94 said:

I'd rather hire Teddy:

Teddy.jpg

That's one of the things that made me like him before the season started. He comes across as having a good sense of humor, has said he fully expected the body shaming and was preparing himself for it because he acknowledged that he signed up for this shitshow and it comes with the territory.

My only real problem with him has been the claim that she wants more kids and he wants a vasectomy. If he doesn't tell her that before having sex with her, I'm not sure I can forget it. It looks like that may be storyline and not fact, though. Lying about height, weight, and age are normal for this show and internet dating, so he needed something else as his storyline. However, I can't remember where I read that and I also thought Murcel not telling his parents about Anna's kids was storyline and I was wrong there.

• Love 3

So, has he broken up with rose or is rose going to be expected to be his mom's live-in caretaker?  If so, did she know about this before she agreed to give up all her other potential suitors?  

Good on him for taking in his mom.  I imagine it's a sacrifice.  But I think it's BS if he blindsided rose with her new role as live in caretaker, which would likely bar rose from working at a paid job and having any financial independence.  

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So, has he broken up with rose or is rose going to be expected to be his mom's live-in caretaker?  If so, did she know about this before she agreed to give up all her other potential suitors?  

Good on him for taking in his mom.  I imagine it's a sacrifice.  But I think it's BS if he blindsided rose with her new role as live in caretaker, which would likely bar rose from working at a paid job and having any financial independence.  

She still works, he said, as a nurse. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, politichick said:

She still works, he said, as a nurse. 

But then why does she need to be cared for to such a degree that she needs to move into his house when this wasn't necessary before?  

It just would be awfully convenient to move rose in right around the time that he moves his elderly mother in. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

But then why does she need to be cared for to such a degree that she needs to move into his house when this wasn't necessary before?

It just would be awfully convenient to move rose in right around the time that he moves his elderly mother in. 

Maybe she lives in a place that is too big for her and she was going to downsize.  Or she's reached an age where she doesn't feel comfortable living alone any more.  My mother lived with family before she passed.  She did NOT need care but we really were glad that she wasn't living alone.  

• Love 5

From everything we've seen about Ed, he seems like a decent guy.  He has learned to live with his physical appearance, he doesn't seem to be an angry-little-man, he acts like a caring person.  He has manners, and scored points with me for NOT expecting Rose to sleep with him immediately.

He is also a professional man with a degree and a side gig. I'd date him over that sociopath Geoffrey any time, we'd probably have a lot of fun!

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe she lives in a place that is too big for her and she was going to downsize.  Or she's reached an age where she doesn't feel comfortable living alone any more.  My mother lived with family before she passed.  She did NOT need care but we really were glad that she wasn't living alone.  

Maybe, but I think the timing is veeery conveinent.  She is 81, and so your reasoning is sound.  But she didn't just arrive in the elderly age range.  And maybe her feelings about being more comfortable living with someone just occured, and maybe there was a recent precipitating incident. 

However, the timing still seems suspicious. 

I don't think ed is a nice guy, but I think he knows how to play one on TV.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 3/19/2020 at 11:38 AM, gingerella said:

As much as Ed disgusts me at present moment, with his holier than thou ideals and expectations of boning a lady he barely knows and acting gentlemanly yet disappointed when she falls asleep and he cannot bestow his magnanimous love upon her, I feel like in the end, he has shown he can be a decent fellow and I think he would be loving and love her son and give them a good life in the US. But...would he always lord it over her that he 'saved her' if she tried to exert her own ideas and independence? I can't tell because ultimately from what he's shown us, he doesn't trust his "Queen" at all. Instead of asking her BEFORE HE BOUGHT HIS PLANE TICKET if she would be willing to take an STD test - and quite frankly he should have said they will both take STD tests together - he shouldn't have gone over there. He also should have told Rose immediately about her sister asking him for money. HE is the one who is putting himself into situations he ought not to be in. HE is the one who hasn't bothered to learn any of the language expect to crow "PILIPINES" like a sex-tour fool. HE is the one who hasn't bothered to learn the money or the exchange rates or carry a motherfucking calculator like I always do, so he can figure out money himself. So of course Rose has to pay for everything and she just wants to be done with the transaction and it's safer for her to take the money and quickly pay instead of having Mr. Numnuts - in a crowded marketplace rife with pick-pocketers - standing there with his big fat American wallet open for all to see. Ed is a provincial idiot who has done well for himself no matter if he has a physical disability or not. But he seems to think he's all that and a box of chocolate and well, he aint. He's small minded in how he has approached this situation, and he's wholly unprepared, and he should know better. It's not like he lives in okey fenokey land. He lives in one of the largest cities in America for christssake!

Yes, yes, YES. I wish I could heart this 100 times. Perfectly encapsulates why I don’t like the guy.

@RealReality I agree about the timing being very suspicious re: the mother. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Yes, yes, YES. I wish I could heart this 100 times. Perfectly encapsulates why I don’t like the guy.

@RealReality I agree about the timing being very suspicious re: the mother. 

Actually, in thinking about what I posted, I am getting more grossed out and disgusted because what I get from Ed is that he thinks he can’t get a woman in the US, so he’s set his sights on bying a bride from a developing country, someone who he thinks is hot, and who will be eternally grateful that he bestowed a bettering life upon her. Fuck.That.Shit. Ed, you suck.

ETA: I didn’t realize he’s about to move his elderly mother into the house. So he’s looking for a care giver he can legally fuck. Scumbag.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 14

Adding another reason why I don’t like the bloke. Sunday’s episode sure didn’t do any favours either.

A lovely Reddit user stumbled across something on POF...Ed’s profile:

I’ve never seen so many lies. He claims he’s 44 (10 years younger), 5’2, and has an athletic build. The true gem was the bit about being a reality Star soon. So I’m going to assume he was with Rose and still on a dating site. Yet he carried on like he couldn’t trust her because she has 4K Facebook friends. In my Sophia voice from The Golden Girls, “The man is a scuzzball.”

0BA8F8FA-D5DF-4347-A902-E907C4C54327.thumb.jpeg.c62540010ac7e3dd63be3b58b3e6cf9a.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

That photo of Big Ed on his profile makes him look like he is auditioning for a Weekend at Bernie's reboot...like he is asleep or dead.

He is a chronic liar, my guess is he lies about his height and such then gets hurt when he gets rejected because the girl ghosts him after meeting, he spites himself to avoid intimacy, (just like he did with Rose demanding an STD test), and he can continue to be the victim in every relationship. 

That is all I got from Big Ed.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Adding another reason why I don’t like the bloke. Sunday’s episode sure didn’t do any favours either.

A lovely Reddit user stumbled across something on POF...Ed’s profile:

I’ve never seen so many lies. He claims he’s 44 (10 years younger), 5’2, and has an athletic build. The true gem was the bit about being a reality Star soon. So I’m going to assume he was with Rose and still on a dating site. Yet he carried on like he couldn’t trust her because she has 4K Facebook friends. In my Sophia voice from The Golden Girls, “The man is a scuzzball.”

0BA8F8FA-D5DF-4347-A902-E907C4C54327.thumb.jpeg.c62540010ac7e3dd63be3b58b3e6cf9a.jpeg

LOL, is he even a taurus???? 

How lovely of him to be honest with the women of POF about his desire to not have anymore kids but hide that from rose.  But it's good to see that he is willing to lie about his height to anyone. 

And just LOL at anyone who thinks that there is an athletically built body below that face.  

He is gross.  

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That photo of Big Ed on his profile makes him look like he is auditioning for a Weekend at Bernie's reboot...like he is asleep or dead.

He is a chronic liar, my guess is he lies about his height and such then gets hurt when he gets rejected because the girl ghosts him after meeting, he spites himself to avoid intimacy, (just like he did with Rose demanding an STD test), and he can continue to be the victim in every relationship. 

That is all I got from Big Ed.

I just cannot understand the lies about his height.  If a woman is willing to accept a guy who is 5'2, she will likely be cool if you're 4'11 right?  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, is he even a taurus???? 

How lovely of him to be honest with the women of POF about his desire to not have anymore kids but hide that from rose.  But it's good to see that he is willing to lie about his height to anyone. 

And just LOL at anyone who thinks that there is an athletically built body below that face.  

He is gross.  

I just cannot understand the lies about his height.  If a woman is willing to accept a guy who is 5'2, she will likely be cool if you're 4'11 right?  

I understand people shaving a year or two off their age, especially if it puts them below a milestone birthday.  But ten years?   WTF?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I understand people shaving a year or two off their age, especially if it puts them below a milestone birthday.  But ten years?   WTF?

My thing, if a person is going to tell such an obvious Whopper about their age, why not tell an equally ridiculous Whopper about height?  Why stop at 5'2....Ed should just say is is a 6'5, athletically built 44 year old man.  

Go big or go home!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 17
  • Love 5