Type keyword(s) to search

Avery and Ash: The Pothead and The Pickup Artist

• Start Topic

On 5/12/2020 at 12:29 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Ash’s accent is sillier than Usman’s so I don’t get it.

I believe Ash is a native English speaker, as is Usman, in addition to other languages and speaking a dialect different than American English. Usman once copied Lisa's English hilariously

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Not for advice . . . but under the guise of "relationship coaching" he logs in with women and tells them how wonderful they look.  There are some people who are so desperate for attention that they'll pay for it.

Oh good grief I am so unaware lol. So I looked online and actually saw one site that offered a course you could download to become a certified relationship coach!  There were lots of courses being offered AND lots of coaches offering their services too. I guess it's something for people who don't want to work and also don't want an education = Ash.....and others.

• Love 4

Everything you need to know about ash can be summed up in his following post

"What do you do for a living?

"I'm raising the vibration of humanity"

That, dear folks, is ash in a nutshell, self-important, self-aggrandizing, and a non-answer if I ever heard one.  I would not rely on that guy for half the rent every month.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I believe Ash is a native English speaker, as is Usman, in addition to other languages and speaking a dialect different than American English. Usman once copied Lisa's English hilariously

English is the official language of Nigeria and Mauritius in a strictly colonial sense. Usman is Hausa and his mother does not speak English, and his siblings only partially do. They speak Hausan, as it appeared others in his town did. 

Many of these African countries have "English" listed as their official language, but that's what happens with colonialism. It doesn't mean that everyone there speaks English. "Native"and "official" don't have the same meaning and some people are very sensitive about that. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

That, dear folks, is ash in a nutshell, self-important, self-aggrandizing, and a non-answer if I ever heard one.  I would not rely on that guy for half the rent every month.  

I have a graduate level education and I have no idea what means.  It is late, for me, however.  Nah - even at 8am I don't think I would get this.

• LOL 11
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have a graduate level education and I have no idea what means.  It is late, for me, however.  Nah - even at 8am I don't think I would get this.

The Skipper knows what it means.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Google it guys.  It's something else he stole while stealing the "men's brains/women's brains" talk.  Probably communicates it just as badly.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

English is the official language of Nigeria and Mauritius in a strictly colonial sense. Usman is Hausa and his mother does not speak English, and his siblings only partially do. They speak Hausan, as it appeared others in his town did. 

Many of these African countries have "English" listed as their official language, but that's what happens with colonialism. It doesn't mean that everyone there speaks English. "Native"and "official" don't have the same meaning and some people are very sensitive about that. 

Hmm. Well I have a coworker from Nigeria who grew up speaking both English and another language; English was taught at school and used in varying degrees. Her English is.not the American dialect as they were just taught a diff accent than the one spoken in the US. Im guessing that in small villages it is less commonly spoken. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, AZChristian said:

Google it guys.  It's something else he stole while stealing the "men's brains/women's brains" talk.  Probably communicates it just as badly.

Wow it really is a thing!  Apparently a big thing!!  And coffee brings down your vibration, so I am out.......

Edited to add:  Avery seems to be the only person in a loooong time who actually cares for all the children involved.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Wow it really is a thing!  Apparently a big thing!!  And coffee brings down your vibration, so I am out.......

Edited to add:  Avery seems to be the only person in a loooong time who actually cares for all the children involved.

Yes, I like how she insisted on talking to Sian because it seemed odd to her that a mother would be fine with her son moving so far away.  Duh.   Ash was clearly lying or telling Avery what he thought she wanted to hear.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Yes, I like how she insisted on talking to Sian because it seemed odd to her that a mother would be fine with her son moving so far away.  Duh.   Ash was clearly lying or telling Avery what he thought she wanted to hear.  

And figured that her scrambled feminine brain couldn't make the wise decision to confirm things like "Taj will move to America with me" or "I've been divorced for 10 years."

I just hope some (or all) of the clients he coaches via webcam (if they really exist) see what an idiot he is and they fire him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

In the sneak peek they have a discussion about his lies.  Conveniently he is just in a towel for maximum distraction value.  He claims that initially Sian was fine with the kid moving but gradually changed her mind.  Um right and of course difficult for Avery to verify with Sian once their visit was over.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I called BS on Sian being okay from the beginning of allowing her son to move so far away.  No parent would be okay with that, unless (and I am really reaching here) perhaps you have a substance problem, are disabled where you can't care for your child and have no help, etc.   But for any parent, mom or dad, to be okay with that.....just nah.

Bolding mine:  What???  To get with someone you might lie?  NO!  Tell me it ain't so!

25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And figured that her scrambled feminine brain couldn't make the wise decision to confirm things like "Taj will move to America with me" or "I've been divorced for 10 years."

She is just a female......what would she know?  She is supposed to be happy at home, taking care of the laundry and cooking, silly!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 5/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, mamadrama said:

On 5/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, Lily247 said:

Hmm. Well I have a coworker from Nigeria who grew up speaking both English and another language; English was taught at school and used in varying degrees. Her English is.not the American dialect as they were just taught a diff accent than the one spoken in the US. Im guessing that in small villages it is less commonly spoken. 

@mamadrama is correct, there are many countries throughout Africa where English is the 'official' language of the government, international business, etc. However, in all these countries, English is the official language because that was the language of the British colonial oppressors. There are countries in Africa that are "anglophone" countries because they speak English as their official language. There are "francophone" countries where French is the official language because France they were colonized by the French. There are "lusophone" countries, which speak Portuguese and were colonized by Portugal.

In all African countries, there are local languages which are the traditional languages of the tribes of that particular area. Nigeria has many local languages with some being more widespread because that tribe is larger and more prevalent, like the Hausa and Usman. Ash is originally from Mauritius, where there is a heavy population of people who came there from India, hence his looks. And his English has a sort of French slur to it because Mauritius was predominantly a French colony after the Dutch abandoned it. South Africa has a Dutch colonization history, hence Afrikaans is a hybrid of Dutch.

So yeah, 'official' languages are official, but they don't necessarily mean the 'common tongue' of a country. And all anglophone countries were British colonies so they speak British English and British slang.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

@mamadrama is correct, there are many countries throughout Africa where English is the 'official' language of the government, international business, etc. However, in all these countries, English is the official language because that was the language of the British colonial oppressors. There are countries in Africa that are "anglophone" countries because they speak English as their official language. There are "francophone" countries where French is the official language because France they were colonized by the French. There are "lusophone" countries, which speak Portuguese and were colonized by Portugal.

In all African countries, there are local languages which are the traditional languages of the tribes of that particular area. Nigeria has many local languages with some being more widespread because that tribe is larger and more prevalent, like the Hausa and Usman. Ash is originally from Mauritius, where there is a heavy population of people who came there from India, hence his looks. And his English has a sort of French slur to it because Mauritius was predominantly a French colony after the Dutch abandoned it. South Africa has a Dutch colonization history, hence Afrikaans is a hybrid of Dutch.

So yeah, 'official' languages are official, but they don't necessarily mean the 'common tongue' of a country. And all anglophone countries were British colonies so they speak British English and British slang.

Yes - regardless of the history of how a language reaches a place (which is not my point), or whether it has official status or not (also not my point), my Nigerian co workers English is very precise and well spoken, better than mine and she has been in the US far less than I have been.

She simply told me that she learned it from a young age at school and was able to interchange it with her other language(s) that she spoke while in Nigeria. And so, her English is not poorly accented, however Usman (in this case) speaks English is heavily influenced by British English. 

In addition, I have met some other people from the African continent who speak English more properly than American born people. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I have met some other people from the African continent who speak English more properly than American born people. 

Because they learn English as a language, not as their lingua franca. I'd wager most Americans don't know a gerund from a pronoun, but if you learned a language as a second language, official or not, you know a lot more of the proper aspects of that language. I mean, look at how Usman speaks vs. how BGL speaks! She didn't have to formally learn English and yet she sounds like she comes from elsewhere because she consistently butchers the English language! It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

In addition, I have met some other people from the African continent who speak English more properly than American born people. 

Lol, there are some who would say Americans don’t speak English properly.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Lol, there are some who would say Americans don’t speak English properly.   

5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Yes - regardless of the history of how a language reaches a place (which is not my point), or whether it has official status or not (also not my point), my Nigerian co workers English is very precise and well spoken, better than mine and she has been in the US far less than I have been.

She simply told me that she learned it from a young age at school and was able to interchange it with her other language(s) that she spoke while in Nigeria. And so, her English is not poorly accented, however Usman (in this case) speaks English is heavily influenced by British English. 

In addition, I have met some other people from the African continent who speak English more properly than American born people. 

Yeah, this is kind of off topic and way outside of the point I was making so I'm not sure how to respond to this without turning it into a lecture on linguistics... 

In regards to some non-native English speakers speaking better than Americans...well, yeah. When you're taught ESL you're learning English via the rules of diction and grammar. You're learning via the "rules" of the language without any of those pesky bad habits that can be picked up when you learn via engagement. When you grow up with a language you're subjected to dialect, geographical differences in pronunciation, accents, slang, and even a variation in cadence. This is how we can all live in this country and speak the same language, yet not sound identical to each other. In the early years we learn our language by mimicking those around us, which is significantly different than learning via a classroom setting. 

• Love 6

Does anyone know about the Australian immigration system?  Obviously Ash has been there a number of years... but if he doesn’t have citizenship, what would happen to his residency if he left for months at a time.  

As for spending months at a time in the US, I watch the show Border Security and they don’t like visitors who come for months without sufficient funds and with the possibility they might try to stay...they are usually asked for evidence they plan to go back, e.g. a job waiting.  

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Does anyone know about the Australian immigration system?  Obviously Ash has been there a number of years... but if he doesn’t have citizenship, what would happen to his residency if he left for months at a time.  

As for spending months at a time in the US, I watch the show Border Security and they don’t like visitors who come for months without sufficient funds and with the possibility they might try to stay...they are usually asked for evidence they plan to go back, e.g. a job waiting.  

It's easy enough to get around that: produce a return ticket, copy of the deed to your house, etc. It happens in other countries as well. The UK also wants to know that you have a place to stay and have plans to leave. As long as I've produced an address of where I'm staying, though, they've waved me away. They've never checked into it. 

Do we know if Ash is a citizen or a permanent resident? As a citizen he can come and go as he pleases. Of course, it wouldn't take him a year to wait for a passport if he's a citizen. As a permanent resident, much like in the US, he can live and work in Australia but with a few caveats. The biggest is that he can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as he wants in a 5-year period, as long as the visa is valid. After 5 years that expires and he'd need to apply for either a Resident Return visa (reentering AUD as a permanent resident) or citizenship.

If he's planning on traveling to the US on an Australian passport as an Australian citizen then THAT is what he's waiting for, not the passport. My guess is that Ash is there as a permanent resident but has applied for, but not yet received, citizenship. Once he has it he can then apply for a passport and come and go as he pleases. Permanent residents can't get Australian passports. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, mamadrama said:

If he's planning on traveling to the US on an Australian passport as an Australian citizen then THAT is what he's waiting for, not the passport. My guess is that Ash is there as a permanent resident but has applied for, but not yet received, citizenship. Once he has it he can then apply for a passport and come and go as he pleases. Permanent residents can't get Australian passports. 

THIS is what I was thinking too. He's so shady because he makes it seem like he's just applied for a passport and is waiting for that. But he should clarify whether or not he's a citizen of Mauritius and just has some sort of green card to work there because he married/knocked up an Aussie, or if he's actually become a dual citizen but never gotten an Aussie passport. I don't know for sure but I'd assume if one becomes a citizen one would get a passport at that time? Then again, we know he already went to visit her at least twice according to social media reports, yes? So maybe he was already a dual citizen and he really hadn't applied for a passport yet.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

If his immigration status was uncertain, that could explain the delay in the divorce.   

I wonder if his permanent residency was contingent on their marriage?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Christina said:

Avery says this is not true and she has the text messages to prove it, but I can't find that post to share. It's on her stories, I think

If true, the only people who look bad are Ash and Tom. Either trust someone or don't trust someone, but "testing their commitment" by using a known famewhore and then trying to slut shame isn't a great look.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If true, the only people who look bad are Ash and Tom. Either trust someone or don't trust someone, but "testing their commitment" by using a known famewhore and then trying to slut shame isn't a great look.  

When I hear of "testing their commitment" it sounds like junior high or high school.  "Look, tonight after the sock hop I am ask Eddie to kiss me.....to test his commitment to you!!"  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Putting aside the emoji eyes and the chicken legs, Ash is somewhat physically attractive.  But if there is any truth to Avery being interested in Tom, she is not picky at all and if I were Ash I would think if she is attracted to that I don’t want her to be attracted to me.  I’m am excluding a personality comparison because they both suck in that regard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sneak peek from the Tell Nothing. I'm having hearing issues and couldn't tell what everyone was saying, yet I could hear Lisa pretty well. Her voice is so off-putting I couldn't avoid it if I tried, and I do. 

• Love 1

We looked at the "Psychology in Seattle" podcast last night in which a licensed psychologist watched and commented on Ash's "seminar."  When we first started watching his comments on A&A, Dr. Honda was very objective about Ash's profession of "relationship coach," and his comments were non-judgmental.

So we skipped to his comments on the seminar episode.  His reactions were just like many we've shared here.

• Love 3
On 5/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, endure said:

Oh good grief I am so unaware lol. So I looked online and actually saw one site that offered a course you could download to become a certified relationship coach!  There were lots of courses being offered AND lots of coaches offering their services too. I guess it's something for people who don't want to work and also don't want an education = Ash.....and others.

This is a profession crying out for Coltee's expertise.  He is a repellent mama's boy who makes no secret of his desire for sex above all else.  He is physically unattractive with massive thighs and breasts that would make Miss America envious, yet he crooks his finger at gorgeous (albeit crazy) Brazilian beauties and gets them to fuck him on their first "date."

What does he have?  What is his secret?  If he could bottle it he'd be a billionaire.

I suspect his appeal to women has something to do with his relationship with his mother, I truly do.  He has spent his life learning how to keep a woman happy, and he knows what it takes to make a woman love him.

But what a career he could make of this!  Ash--phooey!  He knows nothing, except how to deliver in the sack, apparently.  But Coltee knows the hard part (that's what she said):  how to get them in the sack in the first place.

• LOL 5
On 6/14/2020 at 2:25 AM, Christina said:

Avery posted some behind the scenes photos of the camera crews that I found interesting. Several slides

They would have had to wrestle that koala bear from my clutches if I were holding it.  

So damned adorable ❤️❤️❤️  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

They would have had to wrestle that koala bear from my clutches if I were holding it.  

When you see all the background stuff you realize how much of this shit is probably completely made up and/or staged. How could ANYone have a natural convo with all those light, cameras and mics around?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ash is such a garbage person.....a gaslighting sexist windbag who will never tire of the sound of his own voice. I wil throw in compulsive liar since I am all in. He used fellow dirtbag Tom to try to make Avery look bad because she dared to break up with him. He would have ditched his child in a second for that sweet American greencard, what is there to like?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Mothra said:

This is a profession crying out for Coltee's expertise.  He is a repellent mama's boy who makes no secret of his desire for sex above all else.  He is physically unattractive with massive thighs and breasts that would make Miss America envious, yet he crooks his finger at gorgeous (albeit crazy) Brazilian beauties and gets them to fuck him on their first "date."

What does he have?  What is his secret?  If he could bottle it he'd be a billionaire.

I suspect his appeal to women has something to do with his relationship with his mother, I truly do.  He has spent his life learning how to keep a woman happy, and he knows what it takes to make a woman love him.

But what a career he could make of this!  Ash--phooey!  He knows nothing, except how to deliver in the sack, apparently.  But Coltee knows the hard part (that's what she said):  how to get them in the sack in the first place.

Really, two sexual conquests over a period of two or three years doesn’t exactly merit him a reputation of a Casanova and I’m not convinced that love has anything to do with it either, probably more like a need for a green card or the opportunity to be on TV.  The only thing he does know is neither of these women are very suitable to bring home to Mother.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ash is such a garbage person.....a gaslighting sexist windbag who will never tire of the sound of his own voice. I wil throw in compulsive liar since I am all in. He used fellow dirtbag Tom to try to make Avery look bad because she dared to break up with him. He would have ditched his child in a second for that sweet American greencard, what is there to like?

100% with you - I am surprised at the number of people (mostly women, sadly) who call Avery cold, calculating, a user, in flexible, bossy, etc when Ash was clearly the gaslighting liar of the duo.  Just proves (again) that women are the hardest on each other, in my ever so humble opinion!

• Love 12
On 6/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Their fur is spiky and they bite. Hard.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2020 at 7:52 AM, Mothra said:

Colt picks desperate and poor women in need of a green card.  That's his appeal, but his genius is in finding and identifying women desperate enough to sleep with him   

He actually could teach a class for incels.  David spent $100k and didn't even get to second base with Lana.  

Colt is able to get first date sex out of a maybe attractive women desperate for a green card*

*-I don't find Jess physically attractive from any angle and the glasses only help a little. 

• Love 4

I think Jess wanted her fifteen minutes of fame, and I think she was scheduled to be on the show with someone else who dropped out at the last minute because of their experience with casting and five minutes on the web revealed how the other cast didn't like how they were edited and he decided he didn't want it following him while trying to become employed in his career choice. Since everything was ready to go, they asked Colt and he agreed. I do not think their relationship went past the kissing in the car for the cameras. 

Larissa found Colt, not the other way around. Carmen had been trying to set her up with men here in the US for years. Colt started working with Carmen's husband, moved in a few houses down the street with his mother, and was a perfect mark. He paid for them to spend five days at a resort in Mexico and she acted like she was into him and he was easy prey. He's sleazy, they are both assholes, but he didn't find her, she found him. There wasn't any Brazil Cupid or anything, just Carmen setting them up.

If he had any game at all, he wouldn't have been single in his thirties and he wouldn't have only had relationships with the one woman in Washington State, which was like five years or something, Larissa, and Vanessa. I don't think even incels would listen to him if he were to present a class. 

I don't know how Ash gets anyone to listen to him, either. I think he sells his services, maybe not sexual, but he'll take you on a date so that you can tell everyone you are dating a handsome man (in their eyes anyway). Just your run of the mill escort, maybe without sex involved. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Christina said:

I think Jess wanted her fifteen minutes of fame, and I think she was scheduled to be on the show with someone else who dropped out at the last minute because of their experience with casting and five minutes on the web revealed how the other cast didn't like how they were edited and he decided he didn't want it following him while trying to become employed in his career choice. Since everything was ready to go, they asked Colt and he agreed. I do not think their relationship went past the kissing in the car for the cameras. 

Larissa found Colt, not the other way around. Carmen had been trying to set her up with men here in the US for years. Colt started working with Carmen's husband, moved in a few houses down the street with his mother, and was a perfect mark. He paid for them to spend five days at a resort in Mexico and she acted like she was into him and he was easy prey. He's sleazy, they are both assholes, but he didn't find her, she found him. There wasn't any Brazil Cupid or anything, just Carmen setting them up.

If he had any game at all, he wouldn't have been single in his thirties and he wouldn't have only had relationships with the one woman in Washington State, which was like five years or something, Larissa, and Vanessa. I don't think even incels would listen to him if he were to present a class. 

I don't know how Ash gets anyone to listen to him, either. I think he sells his services, maybe not sexual, but he'll take you on a date so that you can tell everyone you are dating a handsome man (in their eyes anyway). Just your run of the mill escort, maybe without sex involved. 

No tea, no shade, but a dude is amazing at sex and I'm paying for the boyfriend experience I want the WHOLE experience.  

Like who the hell is paying to actually TALK to ash.  Ick, talking is the last thing he should be doing with his mouth!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Like who the hell is paying to actually TALK to ash.  Ick, talking is the last thing he should be doing with his mouth!

Another benefit to keeping his head down there is that the googly eyes are out of view.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/22/2020 at 2:29 AM, RealReality said:

He actually could teach a class for incels. 

That's it!  Thank you.  By all that's holy, Coltee ought to be an incel himself. 

Edited by Mothra
I've said too much already.
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, mamadrama said:

As I reported several weeks ago, Ash has been to Seattle to visit Avery.

Nice that you were right about the visit, Mama. Nice, too, that they’re done yet not in Ed/Rose, Lisa/Usman, Tom/Darcey nor Stephanie/Erika territory.  Turds listed first.  David is probably still waiting for Lana to get online so I didn’t include them.  haha

• Love 4