Type keyword(s) to search

Avery and Ash: The Pothead and The Pickup Artist

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Which, to be fair, is probably what he did with Lisa's name to start with.

I've never heard the entire song, but I don't think he ever says the word "Lisa" in the song itself, right? Just a shout out at the beginning to Baby Girl (fill in the blank.) It would be SO easy to personalize it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I've never heard the entire song, but I don't think he ever says the word "Lisa" in the song itself, right? Just a shout out at the beginning to Baby Girl (fill in the blank.) It would be SO easy to personalize it.

Exactly!  I wouldn't mind getting a customized baby girl Usman song for my birthday.  Or Christmas.   Or Valentine's day.  Or any day ending in the letter y. 

• Love 3
On 4/20/2020 at 1:57 AM, Takitaki said:

Ash didn't like all the backlash he received and is taking a social media break for a few weeks to deal. Sob.

What about his paying clients?  Is there some sort of private access only Instagram?  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

What about his paying clients?  Is there some sort of private access only Instagram?  

I'm guessing he doesn't use Instagram to "conduct business" lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes I did!!!  Sorry about that, I am not up to date with hooker lingo!!!!

Could be a John too, that could be why he was so hostile towards Avery! He pays Ash in upkeep.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Could be a John too, that could be why he was so hostile towards Avery! He pays Ash in upkeep.

Well I do think there is more to the "Brother does not want me to stay with him" than meets the eye.  Granted, if I lived with a sibling and they were bringing anyone in to stay for three weeks, I, too, would say, "Listen, I do not want to watch you two make out, don't want to listen to you get it on, and be all mushy with you.  Go away."  But I also think there is evidence of many other women or he is not as divorced as it sounds, maybe Ash doesn't really live with his brother after all, his real roomie is his not so divorced wife.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Well I do think there is more to the "Brother does not want me to stay with him" than meets the eye.  Granted, if I lived with a sibling and they were bringing anyone in to stay for three weeks, I, too, would say, "Listen, I do not want to watch you two make out, don't want to listen to you get it on, and be all mushy with you.  Go away."  But I also think there is evidence of many other women or he is not as divorced as it sounds, maybe Ash doesn't really live with his brother after all, his real roomie is his not so divorced wife.

The brother is a dentist so maybe he doesn’t want his practice negatively impacted by a trashy show.  Or to have cameras and a film crew in his home.  I still wonder what kind of dentist employs Trashley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I had a look at the website Ash has in his IG bio. It doesn't mention his "services" and is just about an ebook he sells for $12. Just the front page has an enormous amount of typos/misspelling, so I wonder how bad the ebook would be! But I'll be damned if I spend a dime on it just to laugh at how stupid it is. The website intro makes it sound like a total mess, plus there are several spots where he proclaims a brand new ebook is coming March 2020. Not a good look that the site is riddled with errors and outdated. 

Edited by Takitaki
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Over on the Frauded by TLC Instagram page the admin is saying that Avery and Ash were broken up when they were cast but got back together for filming. I could believe that, cause it's basically what Tim and Jennifer did, but if it's true then I gotta side eye the first night nookie.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Seeing Ash conduct that seminar leads me to believe that there's no way he makes a living giving relationship advice.

I'm just curious about the angle.  Like you said, he clearly isn't competent enough to be relationships coaching for a living. 

But he DID make a comment about how he liked having seminars to determine which women were "lucrative" so I don't know if this is a jigalo thing or if he just targets rich lonely women and gets them to pay to talk to him and accompanies them places for a "fee" and he classifies that as "advice".

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm just curious about the angle.  Like you said, he clearly isn't competent enough to be relationships coaching for a living. 

But he DID make a comment about how he liked having seminars to determine which women were "lucrative" so I don't know if this is a jigalo thing or if he just targets rich lonely women and gets them to pay to talk to him and accompanies them places for a "fee" and he classifies that as "advice".

It also shows him who is gullible enough to pay him for his “guidance”.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Could his business be a front for something illegal? I don't get it, either.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Christina said:

Is Ash pulling a Darcey and Tom and using other people's words as his own? Two slides:

I don't think there is any question that Ash plagiarized this guy.  None.  Zero.  As Tom would say "100% done and dusted!"

• Love 12

Ash's seminar was hands down the most cringey moment in 90 day history, and that is saying a lot! He is so out of touch and doesn't even seem to realise it. I see now why he decided to "take a break" from social media because the comments he's received after this episode are just as you'd expect.

He's going to have to come up with a new "get rich with minimum effort" scheme now (I noticed pre-relationship coaching, he was trying to hawk some forex-trading crap, another thing only knobheads do). 

• Love 12

Yeah, that 'seminar' was So.Mach.Bullshit. He must just make this shit up, and I wish Avery or one of the ladies there had just asked him straight up, "So, where do you get this information? What do you base your premise on, because this all sounds very antiquated and outdated..." But nobody did. His comments on men bringing home the money, I suppose if one wants to be charitable, could say that yes, in caveman times humans were hard wired to have men hunt/gather whilst women cared for the children, all in an effort to remain a viable and flourishing species. But come the fuck ON, that was like, over 200,000 years ago! We've evolved Ashhat, we've EVolved. What has to happen for Avery to just say, okay, I get it, I'm out of here, see ya! The only reason to meet the ex at this point is to have a 1:1 sitdown where she gets confirmation that Ashhat really IS that bad.

• Love 4

Yeah it’s like when guys try to defend ogling big breasts because they claim they are hardwired to seek a mate who can feed their children.  Not sure breast size has any impact on milk production.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah it’s like when guys try to defend ogling big breasts because they claim they are hardwired to seek a mate who can feed their children.  Not sure breast size has any impact on milk production.

Do you have a list of their names?

Asking for a friend named Darcy. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Spike said:

And that is such a myth.  I knew women flat as flat can be who could have fed a day care and other women who. uh, weren't, who needed to supplement.

Back to topic!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

He must just make this shit up

He didn't he stole from a pastor/counselor who presented it in a VERY funny and engaging way that made sense.  His name is Mark Gungor and he is very endearing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I posted the YouTube video of the talk Ash stole his speech from on this page, a few posts up.

Avery has done a Q&A that hasn't been grabbed yet, where she defends Ash and says it was a free talk, no one paid to be there nor was paid to be there. But there is this (three slides the arrow is hard to see):

It could have just been a casting call with no money exchanged, like the breast craft done by Stephanie and Erica, where the host said she sent out a request for people to show up.

• Love 3

Alex from the seminar has shown up on Reddit and commented in that thread, including the following:

It's not linking so I posted it into a quote box

Hey guys!! 👋🏻

Just wanna say thanks for supporting me talk about my sexual experiences on reality tv......
As much as I want to... I can’t say anything about the logistics of the whole set up. BUT we weren’t paid, we aren’t actors and that was real life. If I told you the truth the internet would blow up. Ash was 100% convinced he was onto something which is why the seminar actually went for 2 hours of me and the girls getting very passionate 😂. I literally got home and had to have a long bath xx

update

I’m going to be doing a Q&A in the next few days where I’ll be answering some of the questions you’ve all asked!

It will be on my Instagram page PURPLE JESUS

X

Also:

Q: how do you feel about how the seminar was portrayed? was it accurate of the seminar as a whole?

A: It was about 10% of what was covered during the chats. And to be honest, they used the mildest parts 😂

Q: did avery join in or was she just observing? was the seminar free for you? what was he trying to sell with the seminar? i have so many questions and i thought you were awesome on the show. i was hoping you’d pop up on here

A: I involved her 😂 but that didn’t make the cut! They should release an extended version. It was free for us and he was trying to explain how we have been going wrong when trying to find “mr right”

Edited by Christina
Fixed link
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
On 4/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, Spike said:

And that is such a myth.  I knew women flat as flat can be who could have fed a day care and other women who. uh, weren't, who needed to supplement.

I know, right? 🙄 *smdh*

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christina said:

And they didn't even get paid! I hope they at least got lunch.

I think there was some water on a table.  Lunch would have had to be before or after.  Box lunches with a water chaser.  Nothing but the best for these poor, weak-minded women.

• LOL 8

Part of Ash’s problem is that in his world view, he is the man with all that masculine energy and mind full of boxes and when he makes a pronouncement, the scatterbrained females should just agree.  

He doesn’t understand that a good speaker leads the audience to the conclusion you want them to reach and have an aha moment.  They may walk out and come to their senses, but while under the influence, they will not just agree with your thesis, but sign up and pay for more training   If you are a good speaker.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 9

My favorite moment was when Assh talked about the need for opposite energies to create passion, otherwise what you have is a friendship, not a passionate relationship.  Then the young woman in the second row said that she had spent years with a partner who was a similar energy, skill system, etc., and that their relationship was very passionate.

Assh's response?  "No."

How does someone who purports to be a professional tell someone that their real-life experience could not have existed they way they experienced it.

Arrogant much?  Or just stupid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

My favorite moment was when Assh talked about the need for opposite energies to create passion, otherwise what you have is a friendship, not a passionate relationship.  Then the young woman in the second row said that she had spent years with a partner who was a similar energy, skill system, etc., and that their relationship was very passionate.

Assh's response?  "No."

How does someone who purports to be a professional tell someone that their real-life experience could not have existed they way they experienced it.

Arrogant much?  Or just stupid.

Right. A good speaker would have made up something on the spot, like "Yes, you have the same energy levels, but they are different energies."

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Part of Ash’s problem is that in his world view, he is the man with all that masculine energy and mind full of boxes and when he makes a proud oh cement, the scatterbrained females should just agree.  

He doesn’t understand that a good speaker leads the audience to the conclusion you want them to reach and have an aha moment.  They may walk out and come to their senses, but while under the influence, they will not just agree with your thesis, but sign up and pay for more training   If you are a good speaker.

This. You are not allowed to critically question ash or ask what research or concrete data he is basing any of this on.  

You'd think a super logical guy would be perfectly happy to sequentially defend his conclusions.  Instead he makes some random generalizations and doesn't even stop to consider any of the logic behind them.  

Because your grandma cooked and your grandpa worked doesn't mean that it's because that's how their brains were hardwired, maybe it's just years and years of accepted social constructs that no one had the power to challenge.  

If these roles were hardwired into our brain why are women ever able to attain degrees and be successfully educated?  Why did women ever want to?  Why are women succeeding in the workplace?  

Our squiggle brains shouldn't even allow women to be scientists, doctors, lawyers, accountants, teachers, professors, astronauts, programmers, engineers or mathematicians.  But yet, there are women in ALL of these fields.   

• Love 11

My take on Ash’s seminar? He watched that video once, probably right before he went onstage. He thought he could pull it off but clearly screwed up, thus his turn to the other stuff he’s plagiarized and was more familiar with, the five languages of love. He cannot stand being challenged because he knows he’s on such shaky ground. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Because your grandma cooked and your grandpa worked doesn't mean that it's because that's how their brains were hardwired, maybe it's just years and years of accepted social constructs that no one had the power to challenge.  

Back in the late 50’s and early 60’s, women had just a few options: nurse, teacher, librarian, secretary, mommy. No one seemed to question that. Some women managed to break that mold, but they were the exception, not the rule. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think there was some water on a table.  Lunch would have had to be before or after.  Box lunches with a water chaser.  Nothing but the best for these poor, weak-minded women.

They probably had to make their own sandwiches.  And whoever made Ash the best sandwich is deemed worthy of meeting a man.  

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

My take on Ash’s seminar? He watched that video once, probably right before he went onstage. He thought he could pull it off but clearly screwed up, thus his turn to the other stuff he’s plagiarized and was more familiar with, the five languages of love. He cannot stand being challenged because he knows he’s on such shaky ground. 

From what I saw it was veering dangerously close into "you women nag too much and that's why you can't find a dude.".

"nagging" is defined as asking a man any critical question.  This way the man is always right, which sounds like some redpill stuff.  

His interaction with Avery was proof positive of that.  I'm not sure why he chose Avery as there are plenty women with low self esteem who wouldn't question him at all.  

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/1/2020 at 12:44 AM, RealReality said:

From what I saw it was veering dangerously close into "you women nag too much and that's why you can't find a dude.".

"nagging" is defined as asking a man any critical question.  This way the man is always right, which sounds like some redpill stuff.  

His interaction with Avery was proof positive of that.  I'm not sure why he chose Avery as there are plenty women with low self esteem who wouldn't question him at all.  

I saw a clip that may air tonight where Ash and Avery are attempting to discuss what happened.  I may catch a few rotten tomatoes here, but here goes:  It is a HUGE peeve of mine when a woman speaks up, expresses her concerns in a measured way (we have not seen Avery yell, she slightly rose her voice, very slightly) and Ash is all:  "You are like a pit bull!!  You are being aggressive!!  You are not supporting me!  You are acting crazy!"  Dude, you plagiarized someone's work, spewed a bunch of sexist BS, told a woman she was wrong for feeling something.  You are being politely, and correctly, confronted by a strong female and you are scared.  So....calling her crazy, unsupportive, "she just doesn't get it" and other names is your defense coming out.

I am kinda used to this, as I have dealt with this (haven't we all?) where I cried over the Thorn Birds in 1983* and now "She is SO EMOTIONAL over things!"  It seems if a woman does something to make a man uncomfortable with his feelings once or twice, she is painted with that brush for the rest of her life, lol!!!

*= I really did cry when that aired.  Poor Meggie never got to be with Ralph and he finally realizes how much he loves her......and then he dies.

Edited to add:  This just fuels my fire that Ash has preyed on vulnerable women whose self esteem is down and he can manipulate them and they fold as they are 1x1.  Even Avery herself said to him:  "It is like I am your client" as he is just so used to talking like that.  But Avery, even though she thinks a little much of herself "Look!  I cook with pot!  I am so edgy!" does strike me as smart, able to take care of herself, speak clearly and can take care of herself.  Ash is unprepared for her......and I am kinda loving it.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 16
19 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I saw a clip that may air tonight where Ash and Avery are attempting to discuss what happened.  I may catch a few rotten tomatoes here, but here goes:  It is a HUGE peeve of mine when a woman speaks up, expresses her concerns in a measured way (we have not seen Avery yell, she slightly rose her voice, very slightly) and Ash is all:  "You are like a pit bull!!  You are being aggressive!!  You are not supporting me!  You are acting crazy!"  Dude, you plagiarized someone's work, spewed a bunch of sexist BS, told a woman she was wrong for feeling something.  You are being politely, and correctly, confronted by a strong female and you are scared.  So....calling her crazy, unsupportive, "she just doesn't get it" and other names is your defense coming out.

I am kinda used to this, as I have dealt with this (haven't we all?) where I cried over the Thorn Birds in 1983* and now "She is SO EMOTIONAL over things!"  It seems if a woman does something to make a man uncomfortable with his feelings once or twice, she is painted with that brush for the rest of her life, lol!!!

*= I really did cry when that aired.  Poor Meggie never got to be with Ralph and he finally realizes how much he loves her......and then he dies.

Edited to add:  This just fuels my fire that Ash has preyed on vulnerable women whose self esteem is down and he can manipulate them and they fold as they are 1x1.  Even Avery herself said to him:  "It is like I am your client" as he is just so used to talking like that.  But Avery, even though she thinks a little much of herself "Look!  I cook with pot!  I am so edgy!" does strike me as smart, able to take care of herself, speak clearly and can take care of herself.  Ash is unprepared for her......and I am kinda loving it.

Yeah his gaslighting was ridiculous. Good on Avery for not taking his crap.

• Love 10

Hubby and I enjoy coffee and recapping 90DF on Monday mornings.  One topic of discussion was Ash's accusation that Avery was "an aggressive pit bull" when she was firmly, but calmly explaining her point of view.

If Ash wants to see how a REAL aggressive pit bull responds in an argument, he should sit next to Baby Girl Lisa at the tell-all.

LOL.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

My aha moment last night was when Ash was practically begging her, "don't I make you happy?  Don't I make you feel like a woman?"

Dude, no woman needs a man to feel happy or womanly.  I wanted to see Avery jump up and tell him that.

• Love 8

At the beginning of the season I thought Miss Hot Yoga was a hot mess. But I grew to like her more and more, especially when she showed signs of intelligence battling Ash's B.S. Obviously he's not used to dealing with such a strong-willed woman and it hurt his ego. I hope Avery took the opportunity on board that boat in that beautiful turquoise water to realize there are other fish in the sea.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, blubld43 said:

My aha moment last night was when Ash was practically begging her, "don't I make you happy?  Don't I make you feel like a woman?"

Dude, no woman needs a man to feel happy or womanly.  I wanted to see Avery jump up and tell him that.

I know, right?! I was as confused as she was when he asked her, "Don't I make you feel like a woman?!?" What the fuckity fuck fuck does that even mean?! She IS a woman, she doesn't need a man to make her feel like what she already is. Jesus H. Christ. This guy is a sexist moron, circa Bobby Riggs (yeah I'm dating myself, so fucking what?!?).

• LOL 1
  • Love 6