Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Emergency Exit

ottoDbusdriver
  • Start Topic

Just laughing at Wikipedia’s entry error.  Just by watching the show you can see she's not a grad student.  Maybe they were going by Pre-pilot airing show notes?  However, NBC mentions Saanvi trying to solve the mystery of the death date.  Well that didn't happen until recently, so they modify THEIR cast info regularly.  I'm going to check and see what it says about Lourdes ”Milk Carton” Vasquez.

Speaking of Web Sites that provide Manifest information.  I did a search on the web to see if some industrious Manifest fan who was consumed by a similar show "Lost", had put up a calendar and I found this little site:

Manifest Viewer's Guide (Unofficial)

Hahaha!  Thankfully this site is unofficial because it too has a bio entry for Saanvi that reads:  "Saanvi is a brilliant graduate student and medical researcher whose life changes dramatically when she disembarks Flight828 to learn that her work has led to some startling medical breakthroughs".  Perhaps that's where part of the the wikipedia entry came from?

Edited by Jacks-Son

Actually, the Major was a ”major” topic on the site.  Her rank is Major General. Hence the moniker. The writer finds her fascinating and goes on the detail Saanvi’s therapy session and poses the question and provides some possible answers for the Major leaving the Apple for Saanvi.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Feel free to edit the Wikipedia articles. If you get it wrong (as I have 😊 ) there are others who will FIFY.

2 for 2?  Don't shows have people for that?  Media managers? Studio Fact-Checkers?  Anyway the 2nd link I posted, the Viewer's Guide, appears to be largely written by a single writer.  That too has "Alternative Facts". 😁

• Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 12:10 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Saanvi likes Ben for his mind; never mind that Charming is quite the catch whether you like his mind or not.  Charming, ever the perfect Gentleman (Except when it comes to Adrian) is just Saanvi's type.

Not that this show is (almost) the most convoluted series I’ve ever watched, but I've lost track... who is Saanvi's “Charming”? 

On 2/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, Camera One said:

Having sex with Danny was probably a normal thing so she trusted that he didn't have any diseases.  Or they used one, and the other unused one got kicked under the bed. 

So, if there was a “used one”, and the unused one got kicked under the bed, what happened to the “used one”? And if they were using condoms, aside from the disease factor, they are also used for birth control, though not aways 100% effective.  But didn’t Grace tell Ben that Danny always wanted children?  So, if so, they wouldn’t have been using condoms.  Like I said before... convoluted.  

On 2/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, Jacks-Son said:

I wish they would share it with us instead of my constantly having to rely on the ever steady ottoDbusdriver to keep track.  Not to diminish your contributions, ottoDbusdriver, but it would be easier for me to have a giant calendar than to flip through posts for the proper sequences.

I happen to love ottoDbusdriver’s accounts; keeps me on track of things.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, alvajon said:
On 2/23/2020 at 12:09 AM, Jacks-Son said:

I wish they would share it with us instead of my constantly having to rely on the ever steady ottoDbusdriver to keep track.  Not to diminish your contributions, ottoDbusdriver, but it would be easier for me to have a giant calendar than to flip through posts for the proper sequences.

But I get the feeling that the writers might not be keeping track, because if they were, they would have little time stamps and such on the screen, at least at the beginning of each episode, like: 92 days since the return of Flight 828, and then again if there were any flash backs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, alvajon said:

Not that this show is (almost) the most convoluted series I’ve ever watched, but I've lost track... who is Saanvi's “Charming”? 

I think this is a reference to Ben.....the actor who plays him also played Prince Charming on Once Upon a Time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

But I get the feeling that the writers might not be keeping track, because if they were, they would have little time stamps and such on the screen, at least at the beginning of each episode, like: 92 days since the return of Flight 828, and then again if there were any flash backs.

That would certainly be handy, but until that happens I'll do what I can.  :)

4 hours ago, alvajon said:

Thanks @alvajon.  The writers certainly haven't made it easy to keep track of when everything is happening.

I would think that Zeke should be panicking more, since his death date will occur in December 2020 (based on what we know from Griffin's ever so brief return) so he only has about 9 months left to live (since we are currently around March 15ish).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, alvajon said:
On 2/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, Jacks-Son said:

You must have misinterpreted what I said and what I did not say.  I never implied that I did not appreciate ottoDbusdriver's posts, I said I relied on them for help with the timeframe but that I also wish there was a big ole-honking calendar out there so that I would not have to go searching for the relevant posts.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

You must have misinterpreted what I said and what I did not say.  I never implied that I did not appreciate ottoDbusdriver's posts, I said I relied on them for help with the timeframe but that I also wish there was a big ole-honking calendar out there so that I would not have to go searching for the relevant posts.

Jack-son:  I understand and get your post(s)--And yes, a big chronological calendar would be great.  I just wanted to express my love and appreciation of ottoDbusdriver’s time accounts.

• Love 2

Forgive me if I missed this, but is there an explanation for why an injection could perform instantaneous gene replacement/repair therapy?  Within hours (or less) of giving herself a dose of experimental fluids, she's testing a cheek swab?  Does one's saliva carry new DNA that quickly?  It also didn't look like her I.V. line was directly into a vein, more like the muscle of her forearm, because she was bending her elbow a scary amount based on how rigid I need to keep my arm when I donate blood.  Minor details, maybe, but it's frustrating to be so distracted by their "science" that I can't enjoy the unfolding events in real time.

• Love 3

I found this episode very confusing, but the one thing I am gleaning from the comments here is that others feel the same way I do about Ben’s wife.  I don’t have a problem with her acting, but feel she was grossly miscast.   The other actors have a spark and lots of screen charisma, while she just doesn’t.   Even the actor playing  her boyfriend was great!  Plus, the writers haven’t given her much to work with. Her character is ... well ... just plain boring.  I mean ... this episode could have gone on without her just fine.  It’s like she only exists to take care of her son.  And, to carry this baby of questionable etiology.   She has no other purpose in this show.  I would love to see a relationship developing between Ben and that darling and charismatic Indian MD/researcher.  

So disappointed about TJ.  Loved his character and his growing relationship with the daughter.  He died a hero.  Hope to see him appear again somewhere down the line.  And, WTF is going on with Jared and the police captain?  What are they hiding?