Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Flash and Blood

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I really enjoyed this episode.  A good amount of Chunk and a satisfying outcome.  He handled the last witness so perfectly.  I’m glad Benny let Chunk see the trial through.  Yes, it’s a big stretch that a 3rd year law student would be allowed to take over representation in a murder trial but because I love Chunk, I happily went along with it.  Not liking either of Bull’s baby girl name options.

• Love 2

To tell the truth, I was waiting for a reveal that Vivian had hired the kid to murder their father, with the promise of part of the inheritance to go toward his mom for a lifetime.

ETA:  Color me shocked (shocked!) when Benny asked Taylor if her evidence had been obtained legally with a warrant.  Is that a thing now with TAC?

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 1

That was the first episode in a long time that I didn't immediately pick out plot holes large enough to get lost in. I'm impressed. Chris Jackson is wonderful and I thought that the increased role of Chunk in this episode was really well done.

A last minute plot twist that the daughter hired the son would have been good. As it was, I mostly just felt really really bad for the kid. I would have preferred that it totally have been an accident and they not leave it with him likely on the hook for first-degree. I hope the fictional daughter that we'll never see again, uses her millions to hire Chunk to defend the kid and get his sentence down to something small and get the kid's mom the help she needs.

A possible plothole? Shouldn't the detective have found the kid's prints on the poker? Presumably the kid's prints weren't in the system, but it again gives a possibility that it wasn't the daughter. That detective seemed to have missed the innocent until proven guilty part of the justice system in America. But that's not new for this show.

Edited by JessDVD
Autocorrect fail
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JessDVD said:

A possible plothole? Shouldn't the detective have found the kid's prints on the poker? Presumably the kid's prints weren't in the system, but it again gives a possibility that it wasn't the daughter. That detective seemed to have missed the innocent until proven guilty part of the justice system in America. But that's not new for this show.

The only thing I can think of is that based on the weather he was wearing gloves.    

9 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

The only thing I can think of is that based on the weather he was wearing gloves.    

Bull's team said that the kid's prints were found on the poker, although they did say something like "Would it surprise you to find out that prints were on the poker that match your prints on the receipt at the coffee shop?", which in these shows often is just intended to suss out a confession, and someone on the team will say "It'd surprise us too because that didn't actually happen".

• Love 1
14 hours ago, JessDVD said:

A possible plothole? Shouldn't the detective have found the kid's prints on the poker? 

Yes, and even if they didn't know whose prints they were, it would have been easy for the detective to ascertain that they weren't the prints of anyone who lived/worked in the house, which certainly causes reasonable doubt.  Definitely made me wonder what evidence they had on the daughter to go forward with a charge of murder, since the only thing they appeared to have was motive.

Was the daughter going to help the brother and his mother?  Was she going to get help for her gambling addiction before blowing through the millions?  A little follow up conversation was needed. 

Also the fact that they still didn’t name the baby is ridiculous. 

Not exactly a plot hole but very jarring. When describing perjury to the clearly quite naive young man, and knowing that he is probably the killer, shouldn't he also have mentioned the option of pleading the fifth? or the judge should have when it was clear he was actually being accused of murder. It felt like a police interrogation without a Miranda warning and a lawyer present. Whenever I see this kind of courtroom confessions of clueless witnesses, I feel like the lawyers are circumventing the proper police arrest procedures. Especially as a real hardened criminal will either lie or know his right to plead the fifth.

So they just flat out stated that the murder trial started less than a week after the death.  According to the cops testimony:   The poker debt guy was fished out of the river two days prior to the cops testimony and the guy was estimated to have  been in the river for 72 hours and therefore couldn’t have been the murderer.   
 What murder trials do you know that occurred even in the same 90 days as the death?  There’s always research and preparation and scheduling.    
then there’s the fact that Benny spent two days in the  hospital with a burst appendix and was  released to return to work the same day?  

• Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 11:45 PM, Bobbin said:

More than his resemblance to their father at that age, I thought the brother and sister shared a close resemblance, more than I've seen in some actual siblings. Good casting.

Except I thought they kept saying the man running away was tall/big. They showed Daniel in front of a convenience store counter and behind a cafe counter—and he didn’t look tall at all. Maybe 5’8” to 5’10” or so? IDK.