Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: It's Not About the Pastor

• Start Topic

On 2/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I am not trying to be mean at all - for a young woman, Brittany weight is all over the place. This last episode she looked healthy but probably 15-20 lbs from when she first appeared on VPR. Last time she was on WWHL she was up 20-25 lbs from this last episode. Just taken aback with her yo yo dieting. 

Her weight does fluctuate quite a bit. Wait till she starts having babies. Will she lose the extra weight? Will Jax tolerate a chubby wife? Time will tell. She also drinks a lot which keeps you bloated. I can't imagine Brit dealing with not drinking during her pregnancies. I always thought she was borderline alcoholic. When her Dr. told her she had to stop drinking because she was having some sort of stomach issues she refused to do so. That was a couple of season's ago, we haven't heard about it since but she continues to be a sloppy drunk. Maybe Lala should have an intervention with her. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Her weight does fluctuate quite a bit. Wait till she starts having babies. Will she lose the extra weight? Will Jax tolerate a chubby wife? Time will tell. She also drinks a lot which keeps you bloated. I can't imagine Brit dealing with not drinking during her pregnancies. I always thought she was borderline alcoholic. When her Dr. told her she had to stop drinking because she was having some sort of stomach issues she refused to do so. That was a couple of season's ago, we haven't heard about it since but she continues to be a sloppy drunk. Maybe Lala should have an intervention with her. 

Jax is totally that type of guy who will cheat on her when she is pregnant. I mean, he probably will either way but more so during that time!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 2/20/2020 at 10:21 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I’m kind of confused- why would a woman in a long term, mostly monogamist, heterosexual relationship be coming out as bisexual??! Has Ariana ever actually been in an adult relationship with another woman, or is her experience limited to Lala going down on her in the backseat?  

I did after I was married (to a man). Rosario Dawson just did. Sometimes it's just about finally being honest about another part of yourself that you weren't before. And it's really freeing. Also kind of maddening when you realize how long you kept it hidden for whatever reasons, and knowing that people are going to judge you, say you're just greedy/want attention, etc. So I'm not on TV or anything, but I feel like I do get it!

Re: Britney and drinking and pregnancy. Tbh I knew I drank too much at her age, but always thought if the time came to have a baby, I'd stop. There was an ep where he said to her you like to drink, do you think you could stop if you were pregnant? And she answered yes in a way that made me believe her. You can be a heavy drinker with little to no self preservation, but have strong instincts that would kick in to protect someone else. I never ended up getting pregnant and just had to quit, but know that if I had, that would have immediately flipped a quit switch in me.

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 11
On 2/20/2020 at 12:31 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

People come out when they are ready to come out.  Given that we know that Ariana has had issues with her sexuality before, I don't see why it is so confusing as to why she hasn't talked about it before.  She obviously has a complicated relationship with her sexuality. Furthermore, maybe part of the reason that she hasn't talked about being bisexual before is because she was afraid that the reaction would be one of skepticism.  (The fact is that bi-erasure is a real thing and lots of people - both straight and gay - have misconceptions about what it means to bi).

Anyway, I think it is perfectly valid for her to talk about her bisexuality in the context of being unhappy with this pastor's words, and I don't really see much reason to demand that she come out on my timetable, as opposed to her own. 

Thank you!!! 

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, bichonblitz said:

I think that's what Beau thought, too.

I think they were talking about a shania twain song (after trying to follow the conversation), I'm not really a fan..so I'm not positive. I doubt brit knows who barry is, although jax is probably old enough to remember.  

barry manilow would actually be much better IMHO.  in fact, he should conduct the ceremony.  I think he is still alive?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I think they were talking about a shania twain song (after trying to follow the conversation), I'm not really a fan..so I'm not positive. I doubt brit knows who barry is, although jax is probably old enough to remember.  

barry manilow would actually be much better IMHO.  in fact, he should conduct the ceremony.  I think he is still alive?

Very much so

• Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 4:38 PM, bichonblitz said:

I was listening to Kristin on Danny Pellegrino's podcast today and she said she still doesn't understand what she did. 

Maybe telling a happily married Katie that her husband was a dirtbag cheater before they got married while constantly telling her she's a shitty friend for telling her/advising her to get away from the leachbag boyfriend who is making her miserable for over a year after years of complaining and whining and being a miserable toxic friend while Kristen has been a perfect friend and listened for years despite sucking the souls out of all her friends complaining about Tom....then James....then Carter.  YMMV.   

Kristen's relationship patterns are exhausting.  Honeymoon period, then it goes really bad, there's a cheating problem.  She's miserable, cries, and stalks until she has her proof, promises to break up with the dirtbag, then sleeps with them and goes into the mode where she has to prove everyone wrong and how happy they actually are masking the problems, shoving it in her friends faces that they are wrong about the dirtbag boyfriend and then it blows up all over again....  

See Tom: cheating proof, sleeps with him that night in Mexico, they get back together and decide they are overcoming the odds and proving everyone wrong.  How long were they unhappy...like 2-3 years before they cut the cord and only because she fucked Jax and even then they walked away from that party hand in hand fighting the odds.   

See Carter-Reptillian brain relationship conflict night with Beau's mom..., Katie and Stassi confront him, he blames them, Kristen uses Stassi's future mother in law's words against her, kicks her out and sages her and then goes back into honeymoon mode with Carter despite him leaching her money and space and being outright miserable together...  

Even still after Lala' confronted Carter about being a leech, Kristen was still protecting him, then the morning she was moving into her new house she slept with Carter and told Ariana.  I'd be done.  

Kristen legit can't see it.  She's done this pattern for 8 seasons of VPR's now.  If it really has been 3 years since Tom has cheated on Katie and they are married, throwing it in her face at dinner is a dick move, especially if they have moved forward and are happy.  I think Kristen thinks because she's been through her friends bad relationship moments, they owe her, but I'm not sure Katie and Stassi's ex boyfriend/relationship problems were as toxic in the realm of their friendship.  

• Love 11

Jax and Brittany doth protest too much!

I don't follow a single one of these fuckers on social media and even I knew that bigots, homophobes, and racists, seem to surround Brittany and Jax! Thay are as hillbilly as they come!! I have zero doubt that Brittany's family have confederate flgs flying, and as a Michgander myself, I know perfectly well that the UP, where Jax is from, is the backwoods Deliverance version of Michigan!!

They are outing themselves with their little tantrum about something as simple as even mentioning the word "pastor" and they flip out!

• Love 12

I realized I might have more sympathy for Brittany if she also hadn't had the meltdown about the "Don't Do It, Brittany" sign. I do get that because she's in the public eye, she gets a lot more criticism directed at her than your average person. But if she is having a meltdown every single time she sees anything slightly negative directed at her and this wedding, then she needs to consider why that is. If she felt secure in her relationship, she wouldn't cry and carry on because the club she was at had a little fun with her at her bachelorette party.  Especially after finding out that they do this to every bride!

• Love 12
On 2/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I’m kind of confused- why would a woman in a long term, mostly monogamist, heterosexual relationship be coming out as bisexual??! Has Ariana ever actually been in an adult relationship with another woman, or is her experience limited to Lala going down on her in the backseat?  

I'm kind of confused why you are confused. 

People know they are heterosexual without having sex.  So,  why is it weird that someone knows they are attracted to both sexes without sex weird?

I'm not trying to have a go at you,  but this idea that being attracted to both sexes means a person can't be in a loving relationship with one person needs to die.

Straight people get married.  Nobody asks,  "I don't get it. They are attracted to the opposite sex.  Why get married?"

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

People know they are heterosexual without having sex.  So,  why is it weird that someone knows they are attracted to both sexes without sex weird?

I'm not trying to have a go at you,  but this idea that being attracted to both sexes means a person can't be in a loving relationship with one person needs to die.

Straight people get married.  Nobody asks,  "I don't get it. They are attracted to the opposite sex.  Why get married?"

I don’t understand your examples.  Both imply that someone attracted to the opposite sex must be attracted enough to other members of the opposite sex that it would cause a problem in their relationship, absent evidence that they feel that way.  There is nothing societal that says that sexual orientation and monogamy clash.  

I’ve found the best way to dispel ideas that are wrong is with more speech.  If people feel a certain way and someone says their idea needs to die, I’m not sure how it convinces them.

I don’t think Ariana should publicly announce her bi-sexuality because she is in a committed relationship with a man.  It means she is preoccupied enough with thoughts of other women that she feels it’s something she needs to speak on, and I think that’s wrong because of Tom.  If she were asexual or if she currently had a sex addiction that led her to multiple partners, or if there was any information that she shared that undermined her relationship with Tom, it’s not for public consumption in my opinion.  

If she breaks up with Tom and announces that she’s bisexual, fine, have at it.  

And I don’t really care whether Tom says it’s fine, because he’s an idiot who is just trying to stay relevant.  He let Ariana cheat on him with Lala in the backseat of a car that he was driving last season.  I still get to have my opinion on that, and I think that was disrespectful (and he did too, judging from his body language at the reunion, but he shut up about it because Ariana has one and a half feet out the door, and he’s trying to hang on to her, again, to stay relevant). 

I don’t think anyone cares that Dayna said she is bisexual, because Max isn’t her boyfriend.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t understand your examples.  Both imply that someone attracted to the opposite sex must be attracted enough to other members of the opposite sex that it would cause a problem in their relationship, absent evidence that they feel that way.  There is nothing societal that says that sexual orientation and monogamy clash.  

I’ve found the best way to dispel ideas that are wrong is with more speech.  If people feel a certain way and someone says their idea needs to die, I’m not sure how it convinces them.

I don’t think Ariana should publicly announce her bi-sexuality because she is in a committed relationship with a man.  It means she is preoccupied enough with thoughts of other women that she feels it’s something she needs to speak on, and I think that’s wrong because of Tom.  If she were asexual or if she currently had a sex addiction that led her to multiple partners, or if there was any information that she shared that undermined her relationship with Tom, it’s not for public consumption in my opinion.  

If she breaks up with Tom and announces that she’s bisexual, fine, have at it.  

And I don’t really care whether Tom says it’s fine, because he’s an idiot who is just trying to stay relevant.  He let Ariana cheat on him with Lala in the backseat of a car that he was driving last season.  I still get to have my opinion on that, and I think that was disrespectful (and he did too, judging from his body language at the reunion, but he shut up about it because Ariana has one and a half feet out the door, and he’s trying to hang on to her, again, to stay relevant). 

I don’t think anyone cares that Dayna said she is bisexual, because Max isn’t her boyfriend.  

No, it doesn't and that's a strange way to understand why someone feels the need to proclaim their sexual orientation.  We don't tell either gay or straight people "if you proclaim your orientation publicly, it's because you're pre-occupied with thoughts of someone other than your partner." People who are bisexual don't talk about their bisexuality because they are pre-occupied with someone other than their partners, they talk about their bisexuality because is a part of who they are.

The friend I mentioned above, who has been married for years and years, felt it was important to identify as bisexual for political reasons.  I didn't get it into too deeply with her, but I suspect it was because she identified with the LGBTQ community, even though she was in a heterosexual relationship, so she wanted people to understand that she had a LGBT identity. (Which is basically what happened to Ariana here - she wants people to understand that Jax and Brittany's willingness to have a homophobic pastor was hurtful to her as a person because she's a member of that community, even though she's currently in a heterosexual relationship). But also, as I said above, bi-erasure is a real thing, so I suspect part of the reason why my friend talks about it is to show that bisexual people exist, even if they are in monogamous relationships. And that is a perfectly valid reason for her - or Ariana, for that matter - to identify publicly as bi. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

No, it doesn't and that's a strange way to understand why someone feels the need to proclaim their sexual orientation.  We don't tell either gay or straight people "if you proclaim your orientation publicly, it's because you're pre-occupied with thoughts of someone other than your partner." People who are bisexual don't talk about their bisexuality because they are pre-occupied with someone other than their partners, they talk about their bisexuality because is a part of who they are.

The friend I mentioned above, who has been married for years and years, felt it was important to identify as bisexual for political reasons.  I didn't get it into too deeply with her, but I suspect it was because she identified with the LGBTQ community, even though she was in a heterosexual relationship, so she wanted people to understand that she had a LGBT identity. (Which is basically what happened to Ariana here - she wants people to understand that Jax and Brittany's willingness to have a homophobic pastor was hurtful to her as a person because she's a member of that community, even though she's currently in a heterosexual relationship). But also, as I said above, bi-erasure is a real thing, so I suspect part of the reason why my friend talks about it is to show that bisexual people exist, even if they are in monogamous relationships. And that is a perfectly valid reason for her - or Ariana, for that matter - to identify publicly as bi. 

Well, that’s your opinion and your perception, and I respect it, but I have a different opinion and perception. 

Not everything about ”who we are” is public. To me, this is synonymous with the idea that Tom Schwartz hypothetically realizes he loves blonde women with blue eyes. That would be “a part of who he is,” but if he’s married to Katie, a woman with a darker complexion, it’s not appropriate for Tom to speak openly about loving blondes. If Tom and Katie divorce, Tom should feel free to exclude brunettes as future girlfriends. If it’s becoming enough of a problem in his marriage, he and Katie should get counseling for it. It’s none of our business though, in my opinion.

I’m not getting into the political thing, because I don’t believe in identity politics. Ariana should take any political position she wants, and she should enjoy support (or lack thereof) based on the validity of her ideas, and the validity of her ideas aren’t contingent on who she is. Her ideas either work or they don’t.

By way of juxtaposition, I knew a woman who had a boyfriend who would tell other women that she trusted about the bisexual experiences and impulses she had, and we listened respectfully. I fell out of touch with her, but a mutual friend later told me this woman was completely questioning her sexual orientation, and she thought she might be a lesbian (this woman was also trying to get sober from painkillers, so she was encouraged to examine every aspect of her life).  I totally got that, because she was talking out her issues with people she trusted.  She wasn’t putting it on TV, on a second rate reality show (as opposed to a docu series about sexual orientation), where she had been struggling to get a foothold into a storyline ever since she stopped fighting with Kristen.

I think the issue of coming out as bisexual within a relationship is too private for reality TV in the same way I think Jax and Brittney’s wedding shouldn’t be on reality TV now that everything went down with the pastor. Not everything is my business. Asexual people are who they are as well, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable if Ariana revealed that she is asexual, and she is questioning whether she and Tom should discontinue the amorous part of her relationship under these circumstances.

Mileage varies on this. It’s not black and white, it’s grey, or we would all agree. 

• Love 8

A week later and I’m still dumbfounded about Jax all “he’s a Pastor, he can’t be a bad person.”   So basic, yet so....like are you for real???   

Also, Brittany and her knock him the fuck out!  Shut up.  JUST STOP.

• Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 2:27 PM, bichonblitz said:

I can't imagine Brit dealing with not drinking during her pregnancies. I always thought she was borderline alcoholic. When her Dr. told her she had to stop drinking because she was having some sort of stomach issues she refused to do so. That was a couple of season's ago, we haven't heard about it since but she continues to be a sloppy drunk. Maybe Lala should have an intervention with her. 

Did you mistype "LVP"? :-)

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Well, that’s your opinion and your perception, and I respect it, but I have a different opinion and perception. 

Not everything about ”who we are” is public. To me, this is synonymous with the idea that Tom Schwartz hypothetically realizes he loves blonde women with blue eyes. That would be “a part of who he is,” but if he’s married to Katie, a woman with a darker complexion, it’s not appropriate for Tom to speak openly about loving blondes. If Tom and Katie divorce, Tom should feel free to exclude brunettes as future girlfriends. If it’s becoming enough of a problem in his marriage, he and Katie should get counseling for it. It’s none of our business though, in my opinion.

I’m not getting into the political thing, because I don’t believe in identity politics. Ariana should take any political position she wants, and she should enjoy support (or lack thereof) based on the validity of her ideas, and the validity of her ideas aren’t contingent on who she is. Her ideas either work or they don’t.

By way of juxtaposition, I knew a woman who had a boyfriend who would tell other women that she trusted about the bisexual experiences and impulses she had, and we listened respectfully. I fell out of touch with her, but a mutual friend later told me this woman was completely questioning her sexual orientation, and she thought she might be a lesbian (this woman was also trying to get sober from painkillers, so she was encouraged to examine every aspect of her life).  I totally got that, because she was talking out her issues with people she trusted.  She wasn’t putting it on TV, on a second rate reality show (as opposed to a docu series about sexual orientation), where she had been struggling to get a foothold into a storyline ever since she stopped fighting with Kristen.

I think the issue of coming out as bisexual within a relationship is too private for reality TV in the same way I think Jax and Brittney’s wedding shouldn’t be on reality TV now that everything went down with the pastor. Not everything is my business. Asexual people are who they are as well, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable if Ariana revealed that she is asexual, and she is questioning whether she and Tom should discontinue the amorous part of her relationship under these circumstances.

Mileage varies on this. It’s not black and white, it’s grey, or we would all agree. 

We can have different perceptions about what is or isn't appropriate when it comes to coming out publicly (my personal feeling is that it should be up to the individual) but you were making claims about Ariana's reasons for doing it - that she was pre-occupied with thoughts of women - and IMO, it is not appropriate for anyone who isn't Ariana to claim to know why Ariana decided to talk about it now. And I offered reasons for why Ariana might choose to come out publicly that had nothing to do with her being pre-occupied by thoughts of women.  That was my only objection to your post. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

But also, as I said above, bi-erasure is a real thing, so I suspect part of the reason why my friend talks about it is to show that bisexual people exist, even if they are in monogamous relationships. And that is a perfectly valid reason for her - or Ariana, for that matter - to identify publicly as bi. 

Thank you. I didn't come out as bi until I was in a committed relationship with a guy. I'm glad he didn't take personal offense to my wanting to be a more honest version of myself. 

Straight people can have as many opinions about this as they want, but they're not the ones dealing within it, so they don't really concern me much.

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 9
On 2/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, Mazzy said:

Jax and Brittany doth protest too much!

I don't follow a single one of these fuckers on social media and even I knew that bigots, homophobes, and racists, seem to surround Brittany and Jax! Thay are as hillbilly as they come!! I have zero doubt that Brittany's family have confederate flgs flying, and as a Michgander myself, I know perfectly well that the UP, where Jax is from, is the backwoods Deliverance version of Michigan!!

They are outing themselves with their little tantrum about something as simple as even mentioning the word "pastor" and they flip out!

Brittany's serious ex- boyfriend was black and I don't think it was a problem for her family.  I could be mistaken, but I didn't think it was a big deal. Jax slept with Faith,  and she was also black and color didn't seem to be worth a mention.  I know you can be racist and still have sex with anyone at any time, but I've seen no indication of racism from either family.  I don't know what's in anyone's heart, but I've found that to be true in all parts of the world.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 12:22 PM, Judi Sunshine said:

There was an ep where he said to her you like to drink, do you think you could stop if you were pregnant? And she answered yes in a way that made me believe her.

Yeah I believe her too. I think her desire to have babies (and healthy ones) trumps her desire to drink. I hope their marriage works out in a positive way. And 95% of the time, I don't wish happiness to most of the Bravo reality cast members. 

This is the one Bravo reality show where I pretty much like everyone. (Except the new cast members.)

Oh yeah, one more comment: please go away forever James Kennedy. Thanks.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, Judi Sunshine said:

I did after I was married (to a man). Rosario Dawson just did. Sometimes it's just about finally being honest about another part of yourself that you weren't before. And it's really freeing. Also kind of maddening when you realize how long you kept it hidden for whatever reasons, and knowing that people are going to judge you, say you're just greedy/want attention, etc. So I'm not on TV or anything, but I feel like I do get it!

Re: Britney and drinking and pregnancy. Tbh I knew I drank too much at her age, but always thought if the time came to have a baby, I'd stop. There was an ep where he said to her you like to drink, do you think you could stop if you were pregnant? And she answered yes in a way that made me believe her. You can be a heavy drinker with little to no self preservation, but have strong instincts that would kick in to protect someone else. I never ended up getting pregnant and just had to quit, but know that if I had, that would have immediately flipped a quit switch in me.

I totally get it too. But I also feel that Ariana is about as authentic as the ersatz crabmeat sold in Food Lion. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, bichonblitz said:

No WAY will he tolerate her fat.  He said as much to Faith in the secret cheating recording.  I think he said he wasn't still attracted to her.  I bet he's cheating on her now.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:37 PM, CatMomma said:

I'm kind of confused why you are confused. 

That's a really gross thing to say.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m not getting into the political thing, because I don’t believe in identity politics.

I totally agree, I feel like it is a weird thing to announce when you are in a committed relationship.  Nothing to do with being bi or gay, it's more to do with why announce a preference when you are with someone??

I feel like it would be the same as me announcing that I like short men, as my tall husband sits there wondering why I need to announce that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

If I were with someone who was bi, I'd want them to feel comfortable to be open about it.

I would want to hear about how my husband is attracted to men as much as I would like to hear about him being attracted to other women - not at all.

• Love 4

I have never known/challenged the opinions of any of the clergy at weddings I attend.  I'm sure I would disagree with some or all of them. forcing someone to change their pastor is like forcing an apology, because they already showed you their true feelings.  I say just attend the wedding/or don't and ignore the guy.... or politely tell him he is full of racist/homophobic crap during the reception if you are so inclined.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/23/2020 at 5:24 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  The original poster seemed to believe that if someone is bisexual,  there is no way they could be in an monogamous relationship because they are attracted to the same gender.  My point was that heterosexuals are attracted to people of the opposite sex,  yet it's never questioned why they would be with one person.  

It seems to imply that lqbtq people are only about sex. How can a bisexual woman be in a relationship with a man,  if she is also attracted to women? By that logic,  how can a straight woman be in a relationship with a man if she is attracted to other men?

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 2dogmom said:

I have never known/challenged the opinions of any of the clergy at weddings I attend.  I'm sure I would disagree with some or all of them. forcing someone to change their pastor is like forcing an apology, because they already showed you their true feelings.  I say just attend the wedding/or don't and ignore the guy.... or politely tell him he is full of racist/homophobic crap during the reception if you are so inclined.

I have felt the same way as well. I've been watching this whole storyline play out and thinking - Why does it matter? I could understand the big fuss if the couple being married was bisexual or gay, etc but these are 2 heterosexual people getting married. His opinion or beliefs won't affect their wedding in any way and it probably would not have been an issue in the first place  if they were not on this show. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I would want to hear about how my husband is attracted to men as much as I would like to hear about him being attracted to other women - not at all.

You know before he met you,  he was attracted to other women,  right? 

So,  why is knowing your significant other was attracted to the same gender any different?

So what? They love you now.  I don't get why this is any different. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I have felt the same way as well. I've been watching this whole storyline play out and thinking - Why does it matter? I could understand the big fuss if the couple being married was bisexual or gay, etc but these are 2 heterosexual people getting married. His opinion or beliefs won't affect their wedding in any way and it probably would not have been an issue in the first place  if they were not on this show. 

It understandable if you realize that you can not have The traditional religious views common to almost all major religions for thousands of years and be able to bake a cake or take a photo or officiate at a wedding.

In the name of tolerance.

(edited)
18 hours ago, CatMomma said:

You know before he met you,  he was attracted to other women,  right? 

So,  why is knowing your significant other was attracted to the same gender any different?

So what? They love you now.  I don't get why this is any different. 

I know that, but does anyone want to have a conversation with their husband, wife, SO, where the topic of conversation is who (other than you) they are attracted to currently??  I would bet the answer would be NO!!!  

I don't want to hear about anyone my husband is attracted to!  It should just be me, and if it isn't, then don't TELL me.  

19 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Huh? I'm so confused. Saying bisexuals can be in a monogamous relationship is gross?

I was quoting this:

I'm not trying to have a go at you,  but this idea that being attracted to both sexes means a person can't be in a loving relationship with one person needs to die.

I mis-read and thought you were saying that anyone who thinks this needs to die.  (I keep seeing comments on twitter where people say, "kill yourself" if they disagree with someone, and I thought this was that)  Yes, you are right, the idea should die!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

I watch this very rarely.  The WFH and being cooped up has me watching shows I normally do not.  Where to start.

Lisa telling Ariana (think it was her), after Arianna said some days she just feels like driving her car off of the road, oh you'll be ok.  We all care about you.  Ok, but she needs to see someone if she's having thoughts of killing herself, even fleetingly. She also said there were days she could barely get out of bed.  Lisa was like oh stiff upper lip, carry on!  That shit went out eons ago.  (Maybe she is seeing a therapist, but yeah she needed to make another appointment STAT).

Brittany.  Ugh.  Not a fan at all.  I'd prefer Crazy Kristin over this duplicitous chick.  She basically was on the prowl to latch onto a 'star' (or her mother was encouraging/prodding her).  She acts like ya'll I'm such an innocent southern girl.  Sure, Jan.  The whole I want a princess party, and people on SM are being mean to me!  I saw that like a 4 year old - or maybe Nellie Oleson - stomping her foot while dressed in her finest party dress, hair in ringlets.  What in the hell did she think was going to happen on social media when she posted pictures?  If she was so dead set on it, then screw anyone who didn't like it.  (I actually agreed with Stassi).  No she has a meltdown.  Give me a break.

The whole pastor thing.  The whole he lied to us.  No, he didn't.  He didn't change his stripes, I'm sure he's held those views and been public about it for some time.  Brittany just wanted him for her wedding, and didn't give a shit about what he'd said.  I know she had posted (and deleted) questionable tweets herself.  Who you choose reflects on you.  Jax was probably drunk or maybe they both were and didn't care or looked the other way.  Lisa or production found out, and no way Lisa would risk having some homophobic person on her show, so of course, they changed the pastor.  Jax, there are "bad" people in every profession.  There have been horrible popes throughout history, who were corrupt, in it for the money.  Has he not been aware of how many pastors/priests/preachers who have been in serious trouble throughout the years.  Oh wait, probably just too busy partying to read or be an informed adult.  Then Brittany hoped Jax would beat up Tom.  Tom may have been trying to stir the pot, but that was the gentlest 'stir' I've ever seen on a reality show.  I just had a question about......kaboom!   I also wonder if production said hey, we're not paying a dime for this wedding unless you get a different pastor.  Because this extravagant (guessing it's tacky AF, too) wedding wouldn't be possible on a bartender and poor lil' old country girl's salary/income.

Wait until Jax cheats on her.  Even Helen Keller could see that coming.  Cue the water works.  Keep hydrated Brittany.