Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Episode 6

John Paul III gets ready for a ground-breaking interview while the radio broadcasts Pius XIII's breathing.

Breath . . . breath . . . breath . . . Sigh.  What does it mean?  Will Lennie wake up when the countdown hits zero?  How sad are we that Lennie's breathing is often the most enthralling part of this show?

Original air date 2020.02.17

• LOL 1

I sure  hope Voiello isn't sidelined, he's always been the most interesting character to me.  I loved how he dealt with the nuns' issues. 

I just started watching this season, but may have missed it:  Who's this Essence character with the cockroaches threatening Sofia? 

• Love 1

Wow Voiello is out while Spalletta gets to have threesomes with an underage girl.

Voiello settled some scores on the way out though, like sending that rival to Kabul.

Brannox suffering withdrawal symptoms?  Maybe that’s why Spalletta gets his way.

Esther leaned into being a whore but didn’t take too kindly to being replaced.

Lenny finally wakes up in the next to last episode?

Edited by scrb
On 2/17/2020 at 10:55 PM, mjc570 said:

I just started watching this season, but may have missed it:  Who's this Essence character with the cockroaches threatening Sofia? 

He's new. This was the first time he's appeared.

• Useful 1

I don't understand why Essence let Sofia know what was going on with her husband, but then threatened her later on.  Why let her know in the first place?

So Lenny can now bring people back to life. I wasn't expecting for Ester to go that far. Is this the first time someone has acknowledged Lenny's spirit?

Edited by peridot
  • Love 1

I'm still watching but don't know why. Breathing. Yeah.

I think I know what's in that silver box Brannox sleeps next to.

I do want to say Vioello is the most interesting character and I appreciate how much care the actor takes with his English enunciation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WaltersHair said:

I do want to say Vioello is the most interesting character and I appreciate how much care the actor takes with his English enunciation.

It strikes me as an acting choice because when he's talking English, it's mostly sardonic. 

Ha, the small nun. 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:55 PM, mjc570 said:

I sure  hope Voiello isn't sidelined, he's always been the most interesting character to me.  I loved how he dealt with the nuns' issues. 

The actor plays the comedy so straight is hilarious. "You will go to the doctor on Tuesday at 9 am." Please name the baby Angelo and you can only meet in the shed. 

I'm not quite clear on why he was forced out. From what I watched, Voiello was correct on the other three - in terms of hiring the underage girl, etc. 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:56 PM, scrb said:

Brannox suffering withdrawal symptoms?  Maybe that’s why Spalletta gets his way.

I guess this is why? Spalletta said way early on that he knew everyone's secrets, so I suppose this could be it. I feel like we're being made to believe Brannox is fairly manipulable so everything is going to blow up with Voiello out. He basically told the nuns to keep fighting. That's going to be a headache. 

I'm not surprised it's taking so long for Lenny to wake up. It looks like they're playing up the saint aspect because it looked like he resurrected the old woman that the whore strangled. And in the church, you have to perform miracles 'after death' to qualify for sainthood. Which I suppose is interesting if you have the one pope, and the former one that's now a living saint with his own cult. 

Sofia is hot af. She even eats breakfast hot. Back in the day, we'd call her 'sex on a stick'. 

They sure dragged on the interview though and then it fizzled hard. 

• Love 2

Beautiful. Well done. I loved it. In a lot of ways it had poetic qualities similar to the Ozymandias episode of Breaking Bad. I hope for a miracle that it will be renewed for another season.

Edited by FrankOFoley
I’m moving this post to episode 7 where it was supposed to go.