Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S18.E11: Olympic Game Plan

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, violet and green said:

 

There is more than one shade of red. Even if most of the clients wanted red, there is ruby, pillar box, cherry, burgundy, strawberry, blood red, scarlet, vermilion, on and on.

They all chose a tacky shade of orangey-red, or tomato red, from what I could see.

And Christian was right. They needed to not lose their sense of style and their point-of-view as a designer, while doing their best to please their clients, accentuate their best features, and make them feel comfortable and confident and beautiful. I think Victoria filled the brief, in that regard, the best.

No offense intended to you personally,  Violet and Green, but.....Oh, Please,  Victoria did what she always does, only shorter!   She makes me see red.  And her face when no one was eliminated told me everything I need to know about her personality.  At this rate, I won't even be able to watch the Finale, because Miss Nina's Pet will be right up front

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Just a note on Christian, yes, he was telling the designers to push their clients and giving them advice on how to stand out on the runway. That's his job as a mentor, to push the designers into giving their best, elevating their designs and making themselves distinct on the runway.

But this is the same man who designed Julie Butters the exact Oscar dress that she wanted and everything else be damned.

24520842-7985071-image-m-12_158129172738

There is a time and a place to focus solely on pleasing the client, and a design competition is not that place.

EXACTLY and I always side eye the people who really think it's okay to ask for the moon the stars and everything in between knowing damn well that the designers are going to be judged on it, they have limited time to execute it and someone will also be going home. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

UGH!!! VICTORIA....Shut the hell UP!! Every time she is in the bottom she is a whinney BITCH...suck it up buttercup!! And why oh why are the judges up her butt!!?? Anyone else would be called out for doing the same dang thing WEEK after WEEK!!! Welcome to the real world! SERGIO....you can shut the heck up too!! Your dress sucked. I agree bout the color tho...it was boring to me. So, GO NANCY!!  Ok...I need to breathe and get on with my day!! LOL!!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think Nancy's energy is high, and talking endlessly when others are fatigued is probably annoying. She was so thrilled at winning. But Brittany could have interrupted her gently and said congratulations, but I'm pooped and I'm going to bed. Compare their reactions to Nancy vs. to flibbertigibbet Alan. I see the age shade.

I prefer to wear minimalist designs so I liked Sergio's; the color was fabulous on the athlete. He did what he needed to do to be safe after a one-day challenge. But even then he struggled with the bodice and sleeves. And his "I don't like tight clothes on pregnant woman." Oh Sergio, who gives a flip?

Nancy deserved the win. I love gun metal gray for evening.

Victoria's looked like Forever 21 on sale.

Geoffrey may be right about a double elimination next week.

PR: please get rid of the one day challenges. They ensure that your viewers have to watch crappy workmanship down the runway, followed by critiques of the crappy workmanship. Boring.

 

If Geoffrey is correct and a 2 person elimination, one of them better be Victoria

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Whimsy said:

They flashed to "10-minutes earlier" and showed Nancy clearly causing the mess. 

I missed that because I was so bored with the show lately, I am usually doing something else while it is on, until the final runway.   If so, and true, I am horrified, as I would think Nancy would have been or careful or at least spoken up when she realized an issue was pointed out.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, candall said:

 

Marquise's model wore a long sundress and sneakers for her big hypothetical victory celebration.  Could he not have slipped a pair of shoes on her that were neither high heels nor sneakers?  Idiot.

 

Marquise's model was under 5 feet tall.  It is unlikely she could fit into any of the shoes on the accessory wall that are intended for models who are close to 6 feet tall.  Had she worn any of them, she would have looked like she was wearing clown shoes.  So, Marquise had to depend on whatever shoes she brought.  Hardly an idiot.

If he's had more than one day, he could have dyed or decorated them.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can’t help but wonder if Iron Gate was the reason for the non-elimination ... though the theory that the real woman episode and especially THESE real women and especially-especially when they all loved their designs was probably pre-planned and I’m just being skeptical. 

Also, my hatred for Victoria multiplies every week. If she wins it all I truly will be done with this show. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RoxiP said:

He could have done a sexier neckline and a sexier back, plus used a fabric that was more sensual.  The dress was too plain.  I liked the skirt and I liked the straps but the rest was just kind of blah.

Agree 100% everything you wrote.  All night I thought about how he should have created a more sophisticated look for her.  I absolutely hated that eyelet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

One of the challenges with the "real woman" design is that sometimes the woman is feeling really pretty and fashionable and then the judges trash the dress.  I can't imagine thinking I looked good and finding out maybe I should go hide in the basement - humans shouldn't see that hideous thing I'm wearing😄.  For this reason alone, I'm glad they weren't harsh with their criticism.

I agree with everyone that this, of ALL challenges, should have been a 2 day challenge.  Because they were athletes, they all had parts of their bodies that presented fitting challenges.

As far as Brittany's dress - it IS possible to wear a bra AND show some cleavage.  She could have asked the client to bring a sexy bra to the fitting.  A more fitted bodice - almost a bra-like fit could have been really flattering and would have actually created cleavage for the woman to show.  As it was, her bustline looked somewhat saggy and non-existent.  

They were correct that Sergio's had fit issues in the bust, and I didn't think the back of the skirt at the waistline was particularly flattering.  Maybe a slightly thicker piece of fabric so it laid flatter?

And yes to all the posters above who hated the eyelet.  That just SCREAMS "sweet" - not something designed to make you look adult and sophisticated.  Even using lace instead of eyelet would have made it look more adult.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Marquise's model was under 5 feet tall.  It is unlikely she could fit into any of the shoes on the accessory wall that are intended for models who are close to 6 feet tall.  Had she worn any of them, she would have looked like she was wearing clown shoes.  So, Marquise had to depend on whatever shoes she brought.  Hardly an idiot.

If he's had more than one day, he could have dyed or decorated them.

When they had their initial design meeting, he offered her the option of high heels or sneakers.  She said it was difficult to maneuver in heels with her prosthetic.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

32 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Marquise's model was under 5 feet tall.  It is unlikely she could fit into any of the shoes on the accessory wall that are intended for models who are close to 6 feet tall.  Had she worn any of them, she would have looked like she was wearing clown shoes.  So, Marquise had to depend on whatever shoes she brought.  Hardly an idiot.

If he's had more than one day, he could have dyed or decorated them.

He had time to tailor himself a shirt out of leftover fabric, so it’s not as if he had no extra time to do more than finish the dress.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, oceanview said:

I want to know about the iron debacle …..   I have a soft spot for Nancy and I hope she is not involved or would have spoken up.  I dislike Brittany and Devlin devious ways and snark, and I would not be surprised if they know more than they indicate.   Could Brittany been the culprit?  Don't play innocent with me, sister.    There was a comment or two made, but I could not hear it very well on my TV, so not sure what actually happened.

Devlin was sent home last week.  But I'm not surprised that he's STILL a scapegoat.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

If anyone went home, I think it should have been Marquis. You can get long dresses in the little girl's section, and that's exactly what his looked like - a little girl's dress. 

Nancy's was thoughtful and nice looking. But she still annoys the crap outta me.

Maybe in black or some other color, but, yeah, that looked like a little miss dress.

Love Nancy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kirklandia said:

My first thought upon seeing the black smudge on Geoffreys dress after he pressed it was that he did it himself - The spot was just under his dark trim.  If he had touched the iron to that trim, which was probably made of something artificial, it could have melted on the iron and spread to the red fabric.

D7C7B99B-BFA0-450C-BBD2-FDA23FD63E5F.jpeg

YUP! And if you see the iron afterwards the gunk on it looks just like the black/silver stuff the trim is made of. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, candall said:

When they had their initial design meeting, he offered her the option of high heels or sneakers.  She said it was difficult to maneuver in heels with her prosthetic.

If shoe size was not an issue, pretty flats are a great option splitting gap between heels and clunky sneakers. I wear a size 2-3 and can’t navigate in heels higher than an inch but don’t like athletic shoes either (Keds are okay). I have an entire shoe shelf of cute flats and sandals (I’m guessing latter not an option for Scout). 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mightysparrow said:

Devlin was sent home last week.  But I'm not surprised that he's STILL a scapegoat.

 I realized that and I was referring to the snark of he and Brittany together.  Sorry if I miscommunicated my intent

Just now, oceanview said:

 I realized that and I was referring to the snark of he and Brittany together.  Sorry if I miscommunicated my intent

 

Just now, oceanview said:

 I realized that and I was referring to the snark of he and Brittany together.  Sorry if I miscommunicated my intent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, oceanview said:

 I realized that and I was referring to the snark of he and Brittany together.  Sorry if I miscommunicated my intent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did Devlin show up and snark with Brittany?  I must have missed that part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 Did you happen to see the interview with Delvin with Christian on the aftershow?  It was really funny and Delvin was a lot more outgoing and comfortable there

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Marquise's model was under 5 feet tall.  It is unlikely she could fit into any of the shoes on the accessory wall that are intended for models who are close to 6 feet tall.  Had she worn any of them, she would have looked like she was wearing clown shoes.  So, Marquise had to depend on whatever shoes she brought.  Hardly an idiot.

If he's had more than one day, he could have dyed or decorated them.

Scout and Marquise talked about shoes and she told him that wearing heels with a prosthetic was uncomfortable so they decided on sneakers.  So Marquise was designing to accommodate his client.  When Nancy does it, she's a saint.  When Marquise does it, he's an idiot?

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Just a note on Christian, yes, he was telling the designers to push their clients and giving them advice on how to stand out on the runway. That's his job as a mentor, to push the designers into giving their best, elevating their designs and making themselves distinct on the runway.

But this is the same man who designed Julie Butters the exact Oscar dress that she wanted and everything else be damned.

24520842-7985071-image-m-12_158129172738

There is a time and a place to focus solely on pleasing the client, and a design competition is not that place.

yeah, this is a fussy overdone mess

those sleeves remind me of the blue turquoise garment the one gal did a couple weeks back that Christian made her change into what they described as a pool cover...….ugly

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Did Devlin show up and snark with Brittany?  I must have missed that part.

No,  he did not.   I was referring to the two of them earlier sitting on the bench more than once ragging on Nancy.  Brittany, more than he.  Sorry for the duplicates of a post, my computer seems to hate me today!  Maybe I should take a break before I upset anyone

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Archer27 said:

WTF is their love of V is about?

Have you ever seen a movie where they are making a movie or a doing a play that could be good, but some muckty muck like the financier or producer has a mistress/girlfriend that just HAS to be the star and is talentless and ruins everything?  And she is completely spoiled and has no idea she can't sing or dance or act at all and loverboy just praises the shit out of her while the rest of the cast and crew look on deadeyed because this is their life now?

That's Victoria. That is the only explanation and I can find for her treatment in this competition and her attitude during it.  She is pissed when she doesn't receive praise because in her world she is guaranteed the win. And the judges, no matter what, have to mostly ignore her obvious flaws and find something to nitpick about someone else's work so that Victoria can scrape by when she completely fails, and let her 'win' when her look isn't as bad but obviously isn't by anyone's stretch 'the top' look for that day.

It reminds me of Pia Zadora. 'World famous actress' and everyone is 'Who?'  Just a creation of an indulgent rich husband.

When Nina refuses to criticize things she has roasted people for on other seasons you know something is very very wrong here.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, candall said:

Why is it so important to track down the perpetrator of Irongate?  I'm sure however it happened was an accident and not deliberate sabotage.

With all the last minute stress and chaos before the runway, it makes sense that Geoffrey failed to check the bottom of the iron, or maybe even that he didn't notice he'd touched the hot iron to the black trim on his own dress.

I tend to believe Nancy when she said she "hoped she didn't do it," but even if it turns out she inadvertently left a dab of melted goo behind, there could have been a sincere apology that was edited out.

Geoffrey didn't get dinged for the flaw and I can't even find the smudge on that giant zoom photo a few posts back.

 

That is a very fair statement and I agree .   You phrased it very well.  Sometimes things are just out of your control and nothing beats bad luck.   I also was glad he did not get dinged.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Nancy's thoughtfulness won her the challenge, but really, when her woman rolled down the runway, it looked like a bare torso sitting in a pile of fabric. Nobody with such broad shoulders should have been in a strapless top with a tight up-do. 

Huh,  and though I usually don't like the broad shouldered athletic look, like swimmers usually have, I thought emphasizing on this woman was very pretty.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kirklandia said:

My first thought upon seeing the black smudge on Geoffreys dress after he pressed it was that he did it himself - The spot was just under his dark trim.  If he had touched the iron to that trim, which was probably made of something artificial, it could have melted on the iron and spread to the red fabric.

D7C7B99B-BFA0-450C-BBD2-FDA23FD63E5F.jpeg

that was my thought too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I can’t help but wonder if Iron Gate was the reason for the non-elimination ... though the theory that the real woman episode and especially THESE real women and especially-especially when they all loved their designs was probably pre-planned and I’m just being skeptical. 

Also, my hatred for Victoria multiplies every week. If she wins it all I truly will be done with this show. 

Done with the show was a factor for me after the Gretchen disaster, another of Nina's little pets.  However, I finally came back to the roost after the pain wore off and ultimately have   watched everything from Season 1, thru the Bravo and Lifetime eras.  I get a medal,  right???   Why do I let the most  annoying designers bring out the worst in me anyway?

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

If shoe size was not an issue, pretty flats are a great option splitting gap between heels and clunky sneakers. I wear a size 2-3 and can’t navigate in heels higher than an inch but don’t like athletic shoes either (Keds are okay). I have an entire shoe shelf of cute flats and sandals (I’m guessing latter not an option for Scout). 

Those are some dainty pinkies, Pamelamae.  My own clodhoppers have crossed the line into drag queen numbers.  But I also rely on flats and sandals for the non-Rebok occasion.  I was thinking Geoffrey's model would have looked more mature, more celebratory and more finished in a different shoe than blinding white sneaks.

And on the subject of shoes, one of the women in red was a little wobbly on her way down the runway in her heels, which made me anxious for her ankles.  (But she was smoother on her way back--she had mastered the torture stiletto.) 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't care for any of these garments. I could have liked Nancy's if it was a nicer color, but I do appreciate the lengths she went to.

Since they were not going to eliminate anyone, I don't see the point of the judges calling the garments back on stage and running them down. Especially that one judge repeatedly shouting at Geoff's dress: "TACKY! TACKY! TACKY!" I can't imaging that woman (who said she felt great in it) will ever want to wear it after seeing that.  

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, pasdetrois said:

Nina has her lips firmly planted to CFDA's behind.

(This, for clarity, was the answer to a comment made by Pepper Mostly: "I am astonished that Nina, particularly, is snowed by her [Victoria]." Sorry I can't figure out how to quote both)

If that was true, I'd be even more worried because I can't imagine a scenario where the CFDA would want someone like Victoria to join its ranks.
This is what I really can't figure out: at the time of writing, there are 182 posts on this topic. I read them all. Out of all the posts where Victoria was mentioned, I'd say 99% of the times it was to say how boring/ugly/tawdry/trashy/cheap/repetitive her style was and how she should've been gone already (which I wholeheartedly agree with). Now, what I don't understand is how is it possible that 99% of people here don't like her but 100% of the judges do (at least the little that's enough to keep her on until now)? It's statistically impossible! What are they doing?! Who's behind this?! Did they think viewers would agree with them when they taped the show? We want the truth!

 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:07 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Have you ever seen a movie where they are making a movie or a doing a play that could be good, but some muckty muck like the financier or producer has a mistress/girlfriend that just HAS to be the star and is talentless and ruins everything?  And she is completely spoiled and has no idea she can't sing or dance or act at all and loverboy just praises the shit out of her while the rest of the cast and crew look on deadeyed because this is their life now?

That's Victoria. That is the only explanation and I can find for her treatment in this competition and her attitude during it.  She is pissed when she doesn't receive praise because in her world she is guaranteed the win. And the judges, no matter what, have to mostly ignore her obvious flaws and find something to nitpick about someone else's work so that Victoria can scrape by when she completely fails, and let her 'win' when her look isn't as bad but obviously isn't by anyone's stretch 'the top' look for that day.

It reminds me of Pia Zadora. 'World famous actress' and everyone is 'Who?'  Just a creation of an indulgent rich husband.

When Nina refuses to criticize things she has roasted people for on other seasons you know something is very very wrong here.

Oh my days, I think you're on to something! Do you think Victoria's husband is bribing the judges? 'Cause at this point I'd rather that was the case, since the only other explanation left for their adoration of Victoria is that they're visually impaired. Kidding not kidding. 

Edited by stormy weather
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, oceanview said:

No offense intended to you personally,  Violet and Green, but.....Oh, Please,  Victoria did what she always does, only shorter!   She makes me see red.  And her face when no one was eliminated told me everything I need to know about her personality.  At this rate, I won't even be able to watch the Finale, because Miss Nina's Pet will be right up front

I'm not personally offended! But Victoria did her signature style with some sweet little variations AND managed to immensely please and flatter her client.

Geoffrey, who I adore, did a tacky shiny lumpy looking frock - that was sorely in need of an iron.

Marquise made a little girl's dress for an adult woman.

Brittany made a frumpy ill-fitting poorly sewn matronly prom dress with an unsupported bodice.

Sergio...made a pleasant yellow long sundress that also flattered his client without losing his pov.

And Nancy... didn't make her hideous signature pants for once. I don't know what that was, other than having an ugly train, and clearly her client was pleased, but it was both unreadable to me from the screen and still hideous!

Furthermore, I am happy to be Victoria's lone supporter in the finale!

Edited by violet and green · Reason: forgot Sergio! also pleased to see in the finale
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

YUP! And if you see the iron afterwards the gunk on it looks just like the black/silver stuff the trim is made of. 

And yet production, who were physically there during the filming, and the editors, who had heaps of footage to choose from, to use or not use, specifically did a flashback showing Nancy at the ironing board, with her black fabric, with the iron sitting facing the camera with a suspicious smudge of black on its tip.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, candall said:

Those are some dainty pinkies, Pamelamae.  My own clodhoppers have crossed the line into drag queen numbers.

LMAO!!!! But I bet they make AMAAAAZING drag queen shoes!!! The best thing about my tiny feet is that I can fit into kiddie shoes which are not only often awesome but also cheap! I confess to frequenting the Disney Store at the mall ... I've got some truly awesome Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty peep-toe shoes, lime green and pale blue iridescent respectively, with tiny battery-powered light-up heels and puffy fluff balls on the front. Seriously. They go great with jeans and a T-shirt. NO ONE would know I'm 60 (unless they looked higher than my knees). 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lark37 said:

I continue to be astounded by the hatred on this thread for Brittany.  She has done some really good designs, and she hasn't talked negatively about other designers any more than several others but perhaps the editing makes it look that way.  That said, hers wasn't my favorite.  Nancy won and should have won this one, but I certainly don't think Brittany's was bad enough for auffing.  If anything, as much as I like Geoffrey, his outfit was cheap looking (wow, I actually agree with Elaine!).   All in all, since the clients were all so happy with their dresses, I think not sending anyone home was the right call.  I still remain unimpressed with any of these designers.  The talent level seems so much lower than last season.  I liked Dayoung's designs the best out of this lot so it's too bad she had to leave.

I like Brittany too!  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Keekski said:

I just love, love, love Geoffrey. 

Same. I want to be friends with him in real life. The only thing that I don't love about him is his love for Victoria.

Also, what was she wearing on the runway last night?! She should have been eliminated just for that.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, nb360 said:

I think the judges have learned not to be too critical when discussing the runway when the models are "real world" people.

I was very happy that they sent the athletes/models off before criticizing the designs. It always came off a little (or a lot) like saying the real-people models (as though the regular models are fake people) have horrible taste and don't look nearly as good as they think they do.

22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why does maternity have to be tight fitting, I’m glad when I was pregnant the clothes were still loose. Tight and clingy would have been uncomfortable and hot, as in sweaty hot.

For once, I agreed with Sergio. When I was pregnant, I was huge. I was already uncomfortable; tight clothes would have been way more uncomfortable. And yes, it's like you're carrying around your own little heater. Loose-fitting clothes are much cooler.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

FWIW, when I was pregnant and in Sergio's defense, I never went for anything form-fitting during my pregnancy because I didn't have a clearly defined round bump for 36/40 weeks. It looked more like I had a big lunch "food baby". Anything form-fitting would have made me look like someone wearing a shirt one size too small. I loved his dress, thought his model looked stunning, and any pregnant woman could wear it and look amazing. 

As for the result, I believe they kept everyone because Geoffrey would have been the rightful elimination. If Nancy or Marquise had been in the bottom they would have eliminated them no question. The pre-ordained three are Brittany, Geoffrey and Victoria, so  I knew they would pull a no-elimination rather than get rid of one of them. 

I do like Geoffrey, but I hate shenanigans like these. I really hope I'm wrong and Nancy doesn't end up getting Michael Costello-d.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, auntlada said:

For once, I agreed with Sergio. When I was pregnant, I was huge. I was already uncomfortable; tight clothes would have been way more uncomfortable. And yes, it's like you're carrying around your own little heater. Loose-fitting clothes are much cooler.

what I thought of was an article I read about the pretty pregnant lady in Mad Max Fury Road. She had a cute little baby bump much like the gal in this show. 22 weeks! We have been trained to think those cute little baby bumps at 4 or 5 months are "full term." While full term is waddling with several bowling balls on your front side. Off my soap box. 

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I anticipate that Victoria will be in the finale and will do a collection based on her "aesthetic ", ie assymetry , cutouts and straps. Then the judges will trash her for doing the same old thing she's been doing all season.

And she'll stand there shell shocked like the previous season where the judges fawned all over the guy, Brandon Kee in Season 16, who won most of the challenges with fabric that looked like dropcloths. Then he came in third because he showed "nothing new".

 

  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, stormy weather said:

If that was true, I'd be even more worried because I can't imagine a scenario where the CFDA would want someone like Victoria to join its ranks.
This is what I really can't figure out: at the time of writing, there are 182 posts on this topic. I read them all. Out of all the posts where Victoria was mentioned, I'd say 99% of the times it was to say how boring/ugly/tawdry/trashy/cheap/repetitive her style was and how she should've been gone already (which I wholeheartedly agree with). Now, what I don't understand is how is it possible that 99% of people here don't like her but 100% of the judges do (at least the little that's enough to keep her on until now)? It's statistically impossible! What are they doing?! Who's behind this?! Did they think viewers would agree with them when they taped the show? We want the truth!

Yes, it statistically makes no sense, neither does it make any sense aesthetically. 
I am so annoyed that they ruined the season keeping Victoria’s dreck constantly on top. 
Her being a self-centered jerk doesn’t help, but still has nothing to do with the fug on the runway.

Sergio and his “political” designs and his “I’m better than anyone else and everything” is just as annoying but at least he has many original ideas and and executes on most pretty well.

Thanks to Sergio, I am now politically conscious wearer of clothes, which is very confusing - does that mean if I wear red, I’m a Trump lover or if I wear blue, do I love all the democratic candidates? It’s a dilemma and I think I might need to stick with wearing purple to keep people guessing. Maybe I need to wear a blue top with red pants to illustrate the cultural divide in our country. (I hope everyone realizes that I am being facetious and have consumed a lot of wine).
 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, violet and green said:

And yet production, who were physically there during the filming, and the editors, who had heaps of footage to choose from, to use or not use, specifically did a flashback showing Nancy at the ironing board, with her black fabric, with the iron sitting facing the camera with a suspicious smudge of black on its tip.

Exactly. Nancy gunked up the iron. It’s not the worlds worst sin. But it’s not something to deny. She did it. She didn’t own up to it on the runway. It was tacky of her. Maybe she’ll confessed to it and cry next week so that we can talk about how Nancy feels about what Nancy did and how Nancy addresses the fact that Nancy didn’t mention it and now Nancy feels bad about it.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2020 at 9:23 PM, Angeleyes said:

Apologies, I’m realizing now that this must be a different dress than the one Nancy made for her. Tatyana must have posed on the Project Runway stage in a dress she already owned. 

I like the dress in the IG post much better than the one she sent down the runway tonight. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Scout was wearing silver slip ons so the footwear was upgraded a bit.  On RHONYC, Aviva said that she had to have  a special prosthetic made with a foot to fit a high heel shoe.  I’m  pretty sure that If Geoffrey had burned his trim so baldly that it melted onto the iron, the trim would have to be replaced.  The footage of the iron definitely looked like the bits were from Nancy’s material.  Seems to me that if the iron had been kept clean throughout all the previous challenges no one would have seen the need to check it when they rushed over to use it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really late to the party on this episode, sorry.  I'll place the photos in the order ranked by the judges, because I thought they all stunk up the place.  I believe Nancy won because her model was in a wheelchair.  There, I said it.  

I'm conflicted about the all safe thing, because I get that the clients all appeared to be pleased, but based on their backstories, that seemed to be a pretty low bar.  This is a design competition, and I saw very little design (the tasteful kind anyway) to any of the garments.  I actually though Geoffrey's had the most design to it, but the top half was so bad that it overshadowed whatever good was done in the bottom half.  I actually thought that Brittany's dress met the challenge as well or better than any.  I really thought that all of them could be purchased off the rack at about any moderate to better department store, for less than the $400 bucks they were given as a budget.  None of them looked like $400 went into the raw materials.  At all.

See what happens Nina when you choose to highlight a designer for dressing like his model?  Nothing good Nina, nothing good.

Is it me or did Lindsay Vonn pretty much phone it in as a judge?  (Full disclosure - don't care for her much). 

 

phpWau2NBPM.jpg

phpWYmaA9PM.jpg

phphyiaalPM.jpg

phpZzcAEOPM.jpg

php4KNcShPM.jpg

php8JTFT7PM.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible that Geoffrey’s dress realized how horrible it looked and begged the iron to set it on fire? ☠️ (sarcasm) (maybe)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 21

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Maybe she’ll confessed to it and cry next week so that we can talk about how Nancy feels about what Nancy did and how Nancy addresses the fact that Nancy didn’t mention it and now Nancy feels bad about it.

Well, that would be something to look forward to. I can only hope, if this does happen, she does her lamentations while using the third person! 'Nancy isn't the sort of designer who would knowingly do this!" etc, while staring earnestly into the camera. Geoffrey is such a nice chap, he would just hug her and cry a little onto her shoulder.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

My big problem with Brittany's gown was that the length was really weird. I fully acknowledge that this is a personal preference and not a universal rule, but I generally don't like ankle or tea length because I think it cuts most people off in an odd spot. Having a long gown that sits exactly evenly all the way around looks kind of weird. It pulls your eye downward a bit. Especially if the person wears a heel and the dress doesn't compensate for that. Watching the runway, I think that's exactly what happened in this case - the dress sits just a little bit lower in the front than the back and it contributes to that matronly shape. 

I really liked that Brittany gave that dress some sex appeal with the plunge-v neckline. I wish she'd either built in support or found a way to adapt the dress so it gave some support to the model's bust because I thought not doing so made the model look more compact rather than elongating her.

I'm really glad he didn't get cut, but overall I did not think Marquis' look was very successful. I think his dress had a similar problem to Brittany's in that what made it look less sexy as the length. That ankle length is great for kids because they won't trip all over it. Combined with the model's petite height and straighter build, the whole thing didn't read as "sexy" so much as it read as "8th grade dance." Except for the slit, which I think kept the dress from going into full on junior territory. I thought his neckline made his model look lopsided because the straps weren't in the same place on her shoulder, but I liked what he was trying to do with having a more dramatic cut at the armhole. I think that was another good attempt at amping up the sexy factor. Even though I didn't like this dress, though, I'm still rooting for Marquis to somehow win it all. I think he seems like a lovely person, he clearly has a lot of talent, and could benefit so much from the CFDA mentorship. 

Sergio annoyed the Hell out of me, as per usual. His dress was fine. The color was a good choice. It was bold and stood out against all the red and black. I could live without his thoughts on...well...anything. Some women want skintight, some women want loose and flowy, some women want both. People are different and statements generalizing out to what "everyone" wants are almost never going to be correct.

I like Geoffrey, but I find him so hit or miss. I find his aesthetic has a bad tendency to veer super hard into 80s territory if he's not careful. Something about the color, the fabric, and the pleating on his skirt read so bad-retro. And I didn't think his bodice was flattering because it had that inverted triangle shape that is more traditional to cutting for men. 

11 hours ago, candall said:

She should have been flowing down that runway in a pool of liquid mercury.  Or setting off sparks in 18 inches of flapper fringe.

That would have been glorious. Or I would have even loved to see him take it in a more leather direction! I don't know if what got him was that he didn't lean into his aesthetic enough? I feel like his dress had good intentions but it wasn't right in any number of ways, even without the stain.

Victoria. The less said about Victoria, the better. She made her model the usual Victoria Special and that Nina is apparently snowed by this nonsense is insane. Victoria said asymmetry is her thing. I'm kind of starting to wonder if her tailoring skills don't include getting an even hem. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh dear.  I was dying at "mudflap" but the trademarked "Moldovan Mudflap" killed me dead.  The rest of this post is coming from the grave.

Am I the only one who cannot see this apparently enormous black goo iron stain on Geoffrey's gown?  Am I blind?  Or do I have a stain blindspot, and should have someone check my outfit for the day before I leave for work?

I would have absolutely loved it if Marquise went all the way there and did a full on homage to the famous Angelina Jolie leg dress for his client.  Sadly, he stopped at the waist and went more "Pollyanna's First Eighth Grade Prom" with the bodice.  (My girl Polly would have quietly gone to the ladies room and discreetly lined the eyelet lace with toilet paper, so as to not have revealed, you know, boobage or nippleage...)

This was a bit of a bittersweet episode.  Of course it was filmed months ago, sooooooo.....  Nothing has been said yet, but I believe the 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo will be cancelled, or otherwise drastically changed from as planned due to the threat of the Coronavirus.  While watching the episode, I couldn't help thinking about those crushed Olympic dreams.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size