Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E08: Week 8 - Hometown Dates

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Extremely interesting blog by Sharleen, about Victoria F in this episode. I always enjoy Sharleen's insight. There are no spoilers in it, only her weekly predictions.

https://www.flare.com/bachelor/bachelor-episode-8-recap-peter-season-24-2020/

I found Sharleen to be a welcome addition to Bachelor Nation, but I can see Victoria's gang dumping on Sharleen because Sharleen didn't get nearly as far on her season of Bachelor as Victoria did.  Discredits all around.  And Sharleen isn't wrong about this girl.  Not at all.

• Love 5

Sharleen wrote "... Victoria F relies heavily on a pattern of defensiveness, playing victim, fleeing the scene, and then apologizing weepily (in that order), all while never actually addressing the original claim... This reactivity to Peter’s simple (and reasonable) concern over his ex’s warning told us more than the warning itself ever could. The innocent don’t rely on such smoke and mirrors; they want to talk, to explain themselves and lay bare that innocence. So while Victoria F probably thinks she dodged the bullet that was Peter’s ex’s accusation, it was she who added credence to it by reacting the way she did. Victoria F might not have ever technically answered Peter’s question, but through her teary song and dance, she absolutely did."

Interesting point, and I think it's right on.  I suspect that anyone who deals with Victoria on a daily basis knows better than to set her off.  If the accusations are true, and I suspect they are, it might be one reason why Victoria likes to chase after men who most women would consider to be 'off limits'.  They can't question her actions without the possibility of her having an epic breakdown that threatens to publicly unmask their illicit relationship.

• Love 11

Yes, Victoria's reaction is like asking your partner, "are you cheating on me?"  and the partner answers "I can't believe you would ask me that after I gave you that gift on valentine's day!  You are so ungrateful, you don't appreciate all that I do for you! I can't even look at you, you need to apologize!" 

(which means, yes, I am cheating on you) 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, Victoria's reaction is like asking your partner, "are you cheating on me?"  and the partner answers "I can't believe you would ask me that after I gave you that gift on valentine's day!  You are so ungrateful, you don't appreciate all that I do for you! I can't even look at you, you need to apologize!" 

(which means, yes, I am cheating on you) 

And on Rockstar's daughter's birthday nonetheless!!! Dis-GUST-ing!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you

Ok you guys. Here’s how you tell Madison and Hannah apart. Madison has longer, thicker textured hair and a leaner figure. She also has more spidery lashes.

Hannah has cankles and thicker legs. Yes, she’s real people thin, but not as long and lean as Madison.

• Love 1

Madison only slightly resembles Hannah when she has a ton of makeup on. Otherwise Madison is not very attractive. Hannah is a knockout with or without makeup. There were a lot of girls this season who look like completely different people with or without makeup. Clearly I need to start watching makeup tutorials. I don’t understand how they manage a whole “Snapchat filter” look with some highlighting and contouring.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Ok you guys. Here’s how you tell Madison and Hannah apart. Madison has longer, thicker textured hair and a leaner figure. She also has more spidery lashes.

Hannah has cankles and thicker legs. Yes, she’s real people thin, but not as long and lean as Madison.

I think both girls are very cute and i see nothing unattractive about either . I love Madison but she needs to lay off the mascara. I will have to look at Hannah’s “ cankles” to me she is a very cute and I’m surprised at the number of catty remarks I’ve read about her . 

• Love 4

I'm not watching this show anymore, it's so incredibly stale and predictable.  When I come across it while changing the channel, and I stop for a minute, it seems like that girl (more like a child) Victoria is always on.  What a brat.  Just horribly immature.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

I'm not watching this show anymore, it's so incredibly stale and predictable.  When I come across it while changing the channel, and I stop for a minute, it seems like that girl (more like a child) Victoria is always on.  What a brat.  Just horribly immature.

I think a lot of us are just hate-watching this car wreck of a season.  Just when you think they can't get any more shallow, stupid, manipulative, snarky, insulting, patronizing or ridiculous, they manage to set the bar even LOWER.

I've skipped a few shows, but as I read Reality Steve's spoilers, I haven't actually missed anything.  Except for all the brain cells I've destroyed watching this mess.  I'll never get those back.  *sigh*    

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I think both girls are very cute and i see nothing unattractive about either . I love Madison but she needs to lay off the mascara. I will have to look at Hannah’s “ cankles” to me she is a very cute and I’m surprised at the number of catty remarks I’ve read about her . 

That’s not catty at all. I think Hannah is a stone fox. But she does have thick legs and ankles for a model. 

Why would you be surprised that a forum that used to be called Television without Pity is snarky? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I think a lot of us are just hate-watching this car wreck of a season.  Just when you think they can't get any more shallow, stupid, manipulative, snarky, insulting, patronizing or ridiculous, they manage to set the bar even LOWER.

I've skipped a few shows, but as I read Reality Steve's spoilers, I haven't actually missed anything.  Except for all the brain cells I've destroyed watching this mess.  I'll never get those back.  *sigh*    

I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons, so the worse the lead and contestants are, the better the entertainment value! This season is off the rails! It’s like Paradise hit the core show! Speaking of which, watch out, Playa Escondida! There are some real loons heading your way! And, I, for one, can’t wait!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 2/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, SallyAlbright said:

I really like Madison and I like that she is so much better at basketball than Peter. She's cool and relaxed and I think she's probably too good for him. 

Totally agree. He’s definitely the most nervous around her and is courting her for sure. He’s a moron if he messes this one up and deserves crazy eyes Victoria or preschooler Hannah Ann. 

On 2/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, tinkerbell said:
21 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

What happened to Kelsey’s sister’s arms? The one with the green shirt. It looked like she was missing both limbs. Did she get into an accident?

I actually googled Kelsey’s sister’s arms (I’m not proud of that, for the record) and saw that she was born with an arm disability. They really are lovely women, and I think the younger sister (arm one) is the most naturally pretty. Kelsey and her twin look nothing alike to me.

image.thumb.jpeg.d714d06de1725ed0bca15c7c50cc9a59.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I threw this in at the end of a previous post but I'm genuinely curious, who do you all think might have a shot at being the Bachelorette? I'm hoping they bring someone back from a different season but I can't really remember many great options. 

6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons, so the worse the lead and contestants are, the better the entertainment value! This season is off the rails! It’s like Paradise hit the core show! Speaking of which, watch out, Playa Escondida! There are some real loons heading your way! And, I, for one, can’t wait!

Totally agree.  I guess I just feel guilty that I don't feel more guilty for watching this crapfest!  *LOL*  Like I should be watching more PBS and History Channel!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

Totally agree.  I guess I just feel guilty that I don't feel more guilty for watching this crapfest!  *LOL*  Like I should be watching more PBS and History Channel!  

I listen to NPR every day in the car, so that has to help balance it out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

That’s not catty at all. I think Hannah is a stone fox. But she does have thick legs and ankles for a model. 

Why would you be surprised that a forum that used to be called Television without Pity is snarky? 

Hannah does have thick legs.  I’ll bet she was a popular teen model and early 20’s but that cutesy doesn’t age well. She needs to transition to acting or something if she wants to make money in entertainment. 

• Love 3
On 2/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, Mu Shu said:

The low forehead is all I need to tell which one is Madison.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I love snark but several folks mentioned Hannah looking “ fat” in her bathing suit, it’s just seems unnecessary. I did not say there should be no snark but people calling this thin model “ thick” or “ fat” is ridiculous . Just my opinion, it’s ok if you don’t agree 🙂

1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

Madison has seemed to tone things down, but in the beginning, she displayed a huge open-mouthed guffaw and would often bite her tongue.  I like her now, she doesn't seem to be trying so hard and is more laid-back.

Yes i agree. I think she was just really excited . You made me think of Olivia on bens season and her open mouth 😂

• Love 5
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

You obviously haven’t spent a lot of time at the History Channel.  Peter probably has a more accurate sense of the history of windmills than you would get from a lot of shows there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

No. The history channel has ice cold truckers and shows about preppers. No real history. I tried to watch more educational TV and failed. There was a show about Stonehenge, but instead of exploring the history some guy with a nebulous ancient aliens degree started yapping about ancient aliens. 

I may need to check out PBS though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I worked in the archives of a history museum.  We called the History Channel the Hitler Channel because the only time they actually touched on history, it was another very dubious Hitler "documentary."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Victoria’s deeply insecure, and very likely Borderline Personality (which is incredibly difficult to treat and does not miraculously disappear when subjected to “tough love”). The eye contact thing is 100% in line with my personal experiences; some people truly can not make eye contact in stressful situations, and the shakey eye thing when looking away confirms it for me. I truly feel bad for her, but I’m also mature enough to not let somebody like that make their problems into my problems. And for all her problems, she still has enough control over her actions that I'm not excusing any flat-out bad behavior, just understanding when she's temporarily overwhelmed by her emotions.

As for why he keeps her around, I think it’s not just sexual attraction. Really, they genuinely have fun together. They are at the same level as far as maturity and intelligence. Watch their dates when they’re doing goofy stuff like the amusement park (not the concert section with her ex-one night stand) and the Old Timey dress-up. They are so clearly having a ton of fun, especially compared to just about every other situation on the entire show where he & the women are pretending to have fun. With P & V together, it’s completely different. They are on exactly the same page, unlike with the other women who are too good for him. I don’t mean they act like they’re too good for him, I mean they actually are, even if they won’t quite admit it to themselves. Or, if not too good, then at least too mature. VF's girly flirty behavior completely connects for him, however much it would drive most people up the wall.  I bet his mother is cutesy the same way. (Ick.) 

Add in that Victoria is dramatic exactly like his mother, too, and they just fit. They’d never last as a couple because neither one has the social/communication skills or maturity, but they do fit together. Even the Sharleen criticism cited above (Sharleen wrote "... Victoria F relies heavily on a pattern of defensiveness, playing victim, fleeing the scene, and then apologizing weepily …”) describes Peter exactly as much as it describes Victoria. How many times all season has he run away, cancelled cocktail parties, walked away from dates when he’s overwhelmed, or felt attacked when his bad behavior is pointed out? I hope they end up together because that at least protects the rest of the world from relationships with either of them. Well, until she upsets him and he runs home to mommy, or he upsets her and she runs off and shuts down.

I like Hannah Ann alright and she may be immature enough for him but I don’t think there’s anything there, and he is not a Real Man like Daddy. And if Madison wants someone with any actual religious convictions, Peter’s the wrong guy for her. He’ll play along with whatever, but he’s never going to be a faith leader for a family. He’s a goofy spoiled rich boy who likes airplanes and simple music and pretty girls and just happily floating through life, with occasional big drama and tears over nothing much at all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, EllenB said:

I worked in the archives of a history museum.  We called the History Channel the Hitler Channel because the only time they actually touched on history, it was another very dubious Hitler "documentary."

LOL. Many, many years ago, we got info about upgrading our Dish to the next level. I told my husband we could get History Channel International - he asked “why would be do that” and I said “we could get WW2 from other country’s perspectives. We still laugh at that

• LOL 1