Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E08: Week 8 - Hometown Dates

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I wonder why the producers didn't want peter to meet Victoria's family?

My own opinion...and, yes...further guesses on my part: I don't think it was producers not wanting him to meet Victoria's family. I think they primarily wanted these fireworks, regardless of whether he left. I imagine they'd think it would just be frosting on the cake if they got these fireworks, and then the family meeting went on.

Every Family Member: So, you just dropped a bombshell on our daughter/sister/cousin. Do you really want to marry her?

Peter: Well... (squirm, squirm)

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

If anybody ever doubted the extent of producer manipulation in who the lead dumps and when, THIS episode should convince them.  

Petey looked like he was about to vomit when he heard about Victoria's shenanigans, and I REALLY thought he was gong to hurl on Victoria's shoes when he gave her the rose.   

I really did not see a shred of desire, attraction or affection left in him for her.  I think the producers made him keep her.  Seriously for real.  

I so agree. Pete definitely looked disgusted as he called out Victoria's name for the final rose. Total producer manipulation. Damn you, show!!!

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Tv spoilers tell what happens on the show. It can’t confirm what she’s done in her personal life in the past. This all smells like a witch hunt to me.

Reality Steve has a lot of info on his blog. 

• Love 11

The best and possibly only good thing Victoria brings to table is her super cute dog. Her still being here either says that Peter has spectacularly poor taste in women, or this was producer manipulation and they wanted to keep her for the sake of drama. Both seem consist with how this season has gone. 

• Love 6

Really a dick move by Peter.  Let's see, his ex-girlfriend "warns" him about Tori without giving details, then he confronts Tori to defend herself RIGHT BEFORE meeting her family.  Right, his ex-girlfriend has something bad to say about his current girlfriend.  I am not "spoiled" but on its face, this makes Peter look bad.  Will Tori need to constantly defend herself to him?  It was the real-est conversation ever seen on this show, when she says snippily, "why are you staying."  His reaction was so real.  What an asshole.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Really a dick move by Peter.  Let's see, his ex-girlfriend "warns" him about Tori without giving details, then he confronts Tori to defend herself RIGHT BEFORE meeting her family.  Right, his ex-girlfriend has something bad to say about his current girlfriend.  I am not "spoiled" but on its face, this makes Peter look bad.  Will Tori need to constantly defend herself to him?  It was the real-est conversation ever seen on this show, when she says snippily, "why are you staying."  His reaction was so real.  What an asshole.

Agreed!

And we have no idea about these other relationships that Victoria supposedly "ruined".

I haven't read any spoilers, but even I had, no one still knows what goes on between two people.  Is it possible that Victoria got involved with a married guy who lied to her and told her he was single?  Does that ever happen?  Hmmmm....yes I think so, lol.

So we have no idea what really happened.
For Peter to abide by some cute producer's manipulations (lol) and sit her down on her front stoop while her family is waiting, well I smell something fishy.

Now mind you, I cannot STAND Victoria F.  She of the hair-touching, whining, non-communicative blank face, the crying....ugh.  And soooo fake.  She goes from shy, can't talk at all to 100 the second she puts on a bikini.  UGH!

Her back & forth, blame Peter/play victim, happy-go-lucky to miserable, strikes me as someone with Borderline Personality Disorder characteristics.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

The only people including herself who ever called her Tori on the show are the rented family. There’s no Tori on this installment of the Bachelor.

I think Peter is an idiot, but it’s painfully clear he has been instructed to keep this light stealing succubus around for “drama”. She’s not even dramatic. Just a very disturbed, miserable person. 

• Love 12

I do not like Victoria and I think she is a drama queen, BUT she was totally right for being upset.  If you love, are falling in love or are in a relationship, you give them the benefit of doubt.  You don't go to them and say, "I've heard that you have broken up a few relationships from and old flame who has everything to gain and nothing to lose for trying to break us up.  What do you have to say for yourself, Woman?" Jerk move, Peter!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, JenE4 said:

“Crab rangoon!!!” needs to become Bachelor lexicon for something earth-shatteringly exciting.

Come to my house, Peter, and I will show you my crab rangoon.  Try a taste of my crab rangoon.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Enough has been said about Victoria (she's horrible), but I also tend to think the fact that his ex didn't sign a release to show her face lends some credibility to her. I do wish she'd have been more specific about Victoria's history, and if I were Peter, I would have asked her to have a drink with me and elaborate.

BUT, my main turn-off this episode was Peter after Hannah Ann said she loved him. He said to the camera that it feels so good that "SOMEBODY" feels that way about him- not that Hannah feels that way, just that somebody feels that way. Then he continued saying he has just been looking for validation and is so glad to have gotten it. Red flags all over. He just wants the ego boost and will take anyone who gives it to him.

I really hope Madison escapes next week.

• Love 17

The ex, Merissa, lives where Victoria lives.  She knows people Victoria knows.  She has ZERO to gain with Petey by misrepresenting or exaggerating the behavior of Victoria that she knows about personally. 

Everything was timed and orchestrated by the producers, since this was all filmed last October.  It didn't just happen.  They made that conversation happen before Petey could meet the family.  As @valen points out, they allowed and encouraged Merissa to talk to Petey because they already knew all the lying & sneaking that Victoria had done and wanted to expose her.  

Victoria just didn't think she'd get caught.  Idiot.  

• Love 16

What was all that about at the end with Victoria's family telling the grandmother that she better not kiss Peter because there is nothing more disgusting than, "Nana kisses?" Strange people, the F's.  We may find out later they were just pretending to be her family and that's why Peter couldn't go in.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, valen said:

I would believe someone from my real life that I trusted and had known longer than two months and had spent more than 3 total days with. He had to ask. He can't move forward without discussing it with her. Now, should he have waited until after the dinner? Maybe. Who knows if production allowed it or not.

The timing was awkward, but I also can't imagine going through another meet-and-greet / grilling by Victoria's family without dealing with the situation first. And yes, I'm sure it was also producer-led. I have no clue how the schedule for all this works, but I'm assuming Peter may have wanted to meet earlier to talk about it, but it wasn't possible, or wasn't allowed.

"I'm totes in love with your crazypants daughter, barring a discussion that we'll be having right after dessert."

I actually thought he was fairly reasonable in how he brought it up, all in all. Is he not supposed to mention it? I really don't like Peter or how he's handled this season, but that was one of the few times he actually seemed like a real person. She, on the other hand, did nothing but deflect, cry and run away. If I really had no clue why someone would have said something like that about me, I would have been asking for WAY more details. Maybe it was edited out.

Plus, it seems like whenever she is (IMO) faking something, whether her "feelings" for Peter, or something she doesn't want to discuss, she never looks at him. But on the "fun" part of her date, she made eye contact just fine. Seems like a big tell.

Her dog was adorable though. And I thought the surfer in the water was pretty hot, lol. Maybe he can be the next bachelor.

Madison seems nice, but I need to never hear the word "purity" or "pure" or whatever it was again. Woman who have had sex are not "impure". I thought her athletic skills and being confident of them was pretty cool though.

Hannah Ann is putting all her pageant skills to work trying to pretend she cares for Peter. 

I continue to laugh at the lack of emotion and hysterics from the woman who get cut and sent off to BIP.

I CANNOT wait for next week.

(Side note: I got Mr. CrazyDog watching this season for some reason. He hates it, but stayed up to watch the Victoria meltdown. And he keeps asking questions during the episodes, lol).

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I also hope Madison is not his final pick, for two reasons.  One, I believe she is way too good for him, and two, I want her to be the next b-ette.     If Madison really does love this dufus, then I would feel bad that she got her heart broken, but in the long run she will be so much better off.

I think Peter deserves to end up with Hannah B., if in fact she really does want him back.  They are both revolting.

Edited by Dittohead
spelling
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

The timing was awkward, but I also can't imagine going through another meet-and-greet / grilling by Victoria's family without dealing with the situation first. And yes, I'm sure it was also producer-led. I have no clue how the schedule for all this works, but I'm assuming Peter may have wanted to meet earlier to talk about it, but it wasn't possible, or wasn't allowed.

"I'm totes in love with your crazypants daughter, barring a discussion that we'll be having right after dessert."

I actually thought he was fairly reasonable in how he brought it up, all in all. Is he not supposed to mention it? I really don't like Peter or how he's handled this season, but that was one of the few times he actually seemed like a real person. She, on the other hand, did nothing but deflect, cry and run away. If I really had no clue why someone would have said something like that about me, I would have been asking for WAY more details. Maybe it was edited out.

Plus, it seems like whenever she is (IMO) faking something, whether her "feelings" for Peter, or something she doesn't want to discuss, she never looks at him. But on the "fun" part of her date, she made eye contact just fine. Seems like a big tell.

Her dog was adorable though. And I thought the surfer in the water was pretty hot, lol. Maybe he can be the next bachelor.

Madison seems nice, but I need to never hear the word "purity" or "pure" or whatever it was again. Woman who have had sex are not "impure". I thought her athletic skills and being confident of them was pretty cool though.

Hannah Ann is putting all her pageant skills to work trying to pretend she cares for Peter. 

I continue to laugh at the lack of emotion and hysterics from the woman who get cut and sent off to BIP.

I CANNOT wait for next week.

(Side note: I got Mr. CrazyDog watching this season for some reason. He hates it, but stayed up to watch the Victoria meltdown. And he keeps asking questions during the episodes, lol).

Although I appreciate the family comforting her when Peter beat feet out of there, I have to wonder how much of her 'history' they are aware of and how supportive they are of how she is leading her life.  It appeared to me, if they weren't a rent-a-family, they either knew and were ok with it, or had no idea.  But they didn't seem to have any misgivings about meeting this guy.  I'm glad they showed us something of the family, because they honestly got the short shrift on this deal.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Dr Epi said:

Kelsey was a mercy kill, right? Peter knows Victoria is BSC and does not mind leading her on and going to the Fantasy suite, just to dump her.  But he did not want to break Kelsey’s heart any further? Otherwise there is no reason to dump Kelsey now and take Victoria. 

That was my thought, but I am not sure if Peter is bright enough or compassionate enough to spare Kelsey.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Her back & forth, blame Peter/play victim, happy-go-lucky to miserable, strikes me as someone with Borderline Personality Disorder characteristics.

I completely agree that she most likely has borderline personality disorder. I think a decent amount of contestants do. I certainly believe Gia Allemand did. Perhaps Caelynn as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

What was all that about at the end with Victoria's family telling the grandmother that she better not kiss Peter because there is nothing more disgusting than, "Nana kisses?" Strange people, the F's.  We may find out later they were just pretending to be her family and that's why Peter couldn't go in.

Oh my god, I thought they were going on about banana kisses. I decided I am either way too young or way too old to know. Thanks for clarifying. 

• LOL 13

I was impressed by Madison's basketball skills! However in my opinion that's about the only thing interesting about her and I can't help but think she would make for a very bland Bachelorette. She seems nice and all, but not charismatic to me.

But even if it's not her, I have NO idea who they can possibly choose from this season. Are there any decent contestants from the past 5 years or so that they could reach back for? The well seems to be running pretty dry for lead candidates these past few seasons.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, b2H said:

And Victoria thinks the ultimatum is the worst.  Guess she never had the chance to issue one of her own, right??
It is a bit much for Madison to insist he not fool around with the others, but then again has she ever seen the show before this season?

I'm still asking myself why Madison would choose to be there.  She wants a man with the same moral fiber and character that she, herself, has.  She certainly already knows Mr. Windmill doesn't even come close.  And he's already used the L word with her.  But I certainly see how she could think that if a man could profess actual love, that would mean his feelings for the others don't quite match up and that he wouldn't care to behave like that.  I just hope she doesn't compromise who she is for that man-boy.  I really like her.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Cornhusker12 said:

I was impressed by Madison's basketball skills! However in my opinion that's about the only thing interesting about her and I can't help but think she would make for a very bland Bachelorette. She seems nice and all, but not charismatic to me.

But even if it's not her, I have NO idea who they can possibly choose from this season. Are there any decent contestants from the past 5 years or so that they could reach back for? The well seems to be running pretty dry for lead candidates these past few seasons.

Her social media reveals a pretty fun personality. She posts Tik toks. She’s a great dancer. She’s much more interesting than they are showing. She’s getting a very bland edit.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

--------------

I have to  say I don't see any resemblance between Hannah Ann and Madison.

THANK YOU! I am seriously confused why people keep saying they can't tell them apart. 

Edited by Dena0033
I pressed send too quickly.
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Really a dick move by Peter.  Let's see, his ex-girlfriend "warns" him about Tori without giving details,

Maybe she did, but it wasn't shown.  Fear of a Slander lawsuit, perhaps?

3 hours ago, jade.black said:

Enough has been said about Victoria (she's horrible), but I also tend to think the fact that his ex didn't sign a release to show her face lends some credibility to her. I do wish she'd have been more specific about Victoria's history, and if I were Peter, I would have asked her to have a drink with me and elaborate.

Maybe he did and it wasn't shown.

Something was very off about that conversation.  Peter had a blank, hangdog face and then the conversation was over.  I'm quite certain there was more to it.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Who in the heck chose Pilot Pete to be the bachelor?  He's terrible.  He has no swag and close ups of his kisses are yuck!

Madison is so miscast with this horn dog!

Victoria is an accident waiting for a place to happen.  Hannah showed up without her nanny!

They are trying to save this uneventful season with girl fights, ex girlfriend with startling news and one saving herself virgin!

Bottom line.  Peter never should have been given this role.  He's just not up to the casting.  He's a dorky guy who makes bad choices!

And he's no dorky funny guy either.  Bob was not a catch but he was funny and interesting.  Peter is not. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, b2H said:

It's deep South cultural.  Didn't bother me at all.  Entirely cultural and Peter had better get used to that if he's going to take Madi as his partner.  Peter is from the wilds of California [/s] and daddy is just making sure those California values don't contaminate his daughter.  I'm glad daddy cares to ensure that she's maintaining how she was raised.

Of course she's on the wrong show for this stuff, but there you go.

Creeps me out.  No father should have any idea about his adult daughter’s sex life or lack thereof.  I might believe southern culture practices what they preach if they didn’t have the highest teen pregnancy rates. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Creeps me out.  No father should have any idea about his adult daughter’s sex life or lack thereof.  I might believe southern culture practices what they preach if they didn’t have the highest teen pregnancy rates. 

No argument, but I get where it is all coming from.  I was raised in the mid-Atlantic, lived in New England, and now in the upper Midwest.  I don’t live in that culture, but I know it is there.  Worst possible show for someone from that culture to be on, but it seems we get a lot of Deep South girls in there.  Have to wonder why.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Pilot Pete has only one destination in mind!  Any airplane hanger or windmill with Victoria will do!  

He's like a teen kid with his first sexual encounter on the horizon!

I can't stop being nauseated by his sloppy kisses!  I also keep staring at his healing head sound and wondering what plastic surgeon did such bad work!  The dam thing almost glows.  Put the bandage back on!

If Madison says 'like'  one more time I'll scream!  If we had the one drink every time she says like we'd all be alcoholics by now!

Why hasn't somebody, anybody told her?  Mother, friend, producer???  

This season is not going to end well for Peter.  He's got the hots for Victoria by Madison whispering in his ear "Don't Do It"

Oh the conflict of reality tv!!!

• Love 6

Who thought it was a good idea to have Peter, the guy who can't get on a golf cart without splitting his head open, go on an axe-throwing date? Oh, and please stop with the "tough man" cliches already. It's not as bad the "purity" talk, but still outdated and gross.

I wish Peter had straight up asked Victoria whether she had or hadn't slept with married men and insisted on a simple yes/no answer. Instead he allowed her to play the victim and make *him* feel bad. I hope that, watching this back, he feels like the idiot everyone thinks he is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I can't stop being nauseated by his sloppy kisses!

You have a point there, but I also felt during this episode that I wouldn't want to be pecked to death with kisses either as Kelsey kept doing to Peter. Take your chicken peck kisses and hit/(cross?) the road!

I also thought it was very suspect that he and Madison ended up making out laying on the basketball court! How does one transition from a standing kiss to the hard wood of a basketball court? It couldn't have been exactly comfortable.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

If Madison says 'like'  one more time I'll scream!  If we had the one drink every time she says like we'd all be alcoholics by now!

No, we'd be dead.  Which is why I don't want, like, an entire, like, season, like, of Madison, like, saying like, like.

As soon as they showed Victoria's family, I blurted out "was she adopted?"  Mr. D thought they were a hired family, haha.  

Kelsey will probably be the next Bachelorette.  When they were drinking the wine, I thought "No!  She turned into Ms. Hyde when she drinks!"  Her family was ok.  The look on Chris' face when she said "I told him I love him" was great.  He knew what was about to happen.  

Hannah Ann is just... there.  She's cute and all, but that's it.  There is not a lot of personality, at least that they've shown us.  I'm honestly surprised she stuck around past Champagne-gate.

I do like Madison, it will be interesting to see what happens next week.  She seems like a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders.  I don't understand why she had to go on this show to find a husband.  Maybe she wanted to break out of her bubble, and is now not sure if she wants to stay out of her bubble.  Like she's on a deep south Christian rumspringa.

I do hope he has the most mind-blowing sex with Victoria, to make all of this BS worth it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Mr Sluss: Hi Peter. That's quite an impressive scar you have there.

Peter: Thank you, sir.

Mr Sluss: **rolls up pants leg** I got this one when a tree fell on me. I had to cut my leg off with a Bowie knife before the wolves came. Fortunately, I had a spare shoelace so I was able to reattach it before heading to the CVS for some aspirin.

Peter: Wow!

Mr Sluss: What happened to you?

Peter: I failed to get into a golf cart properly and stabbed myself with a margarita glass.

Mr Sluss: ...

Peter: I got several stitches, and CBS will send me to a plastic surgeon.

Mr Sluss: Stay away from my daughter.

Hannah Ann: **crosses "your manliness" off her list of Peter's qualities**

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

do hope he has the most mind-blowing sex with Victoria, to make all of this BS worth it.

More likely, after a thrilling beginning full of Peter shouting," Crab rangoon!" over and over, she'll suddenly jump out of bed and start sobbing. Peter's frantic cries of "What's wrong?!" will be answered with, a continuous loop of "Ummm" and "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you!" until, several hours later she'll start to hint that he hadn't done something exactly right during the preliminaries.   Peter will beg for a do-over, but  Victoria will coolly blow her nose, pick her wet eyelashes off the floor, and go on her way, wagging her tail behind her.

Peter will propose to one of the others and marry her on TV.  A few years down the road,  he'll get a text from Victoria, featuring  her  ling-er-ee fashion photos, as  she whispers, "I'm ready now."

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

You have a point there, but I also felt during this episode that I wouldn't want to be pecked to death with kisses either as Kelsey kept doing to Peter. Take your chicken peck kisses and hit/(cross?) the road!

I also thought it was very suspect that he and Madison ended up making out laying on the basketball court! How does one transition from a standing kiss to the hard wood of a basketball court? It couldn't have been exactly comfortable.

hahaha the Kelsey kisses were so FREAKING ANNOYING. Ugh.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Dena0033 said:

THANK YOU! I am seriously confused why people keep saying they can't tell them apart. 

I feel like that's become a social media cliche the last few years. People like to claim they can't tell "all the white guys" apart on SNL as well, it makes me fear for their wellbeing if they have no facial recognition abilities.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Pilot Pete has only one destination in mind!  Any airplane hanger or windmill with Victoria will do!  

He's like a teen kid with his first sexual encounter on the horizon!

I can't stop being nauseated by his sloppy kisses!  I also keep staring at his healing head sound and wondering what plastic surgeon did such bad work!  The dam thing almost glows.  Put the bandage back on!

Why hasn't somebody, anybody told her?  Mother, friend, producer???  

This season is not going to end well for Peter.  He's got the hots for Victoria by Madison whispering in his ear "Don't Do It"

Oh the conflict of reality tv!!!

She's been laughing at herself on social media. She realizes now how much she says it. If you notice, when she's talking with her family, she doesn't do it. I suspect it's something that happens when she's nervous.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Mr Sluss: Hi Peter. That's quite an impressive scar you have there.

Peter: Thank you, sir.

Mr Sluss: **rolls up pants leg** I got this one when a tree fell on me. I had to cut my leg off with a Bowie knife before the wolves came. Fortunately, I had a spare shoelace so I was able to reattach it before heading to the CVS for some aspirin.

Peter: Wow!

Mr Sluss: What happened to you?

Peter: I failed to get into a golf cart properly and stabbed myself with a margarita glass.

Mr Sluss: ...

Peter: I got several stitches, and CBS will send me to a plastic surgeon.

Mr Sluss: Stay away from my daughter.

Hannah Ann: **crosses "your manliness" off her list of Peter's qualities**

LOVED this!!!

On 2/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, nlkm9 said:

Would love to see her as bachelorette because i love everything about her and her season would not be like coltons all about her virginity . I wonder if producers promised her the part if she waited to tell peter ?

I can't help but think that there was some arrangement with the producers -- maybe just intense pressure for plot purposes -- for Madison to wait so long before telling Peter.

3 hours ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

Like she's on a deep south Christian rumspringa.

....words we never would have expected to read in a Bachelor forum!

17 hours ago, b2H said:

Although I appreciate the family comforting her when Peter beat feet out of there, I have to wonder how much of her 'history' they are aware of and how supportive they are of how she is leading her life.  It appeared to me, if they weren't a rent-a-family, they either knew and were ok with it, or had no idea.  

Yes.  Every family gushes like their kid is the greatest thing since sliced bread, even while stipulating sometimes that they may have a few specific quirks.  It makes me wonder how much they really know about the adult life their kid has been living.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Cornhusker12 said:

I feel like that's become a social media cliche the last few years. People like to claim they can't tell "all the white guys" apart on SNL as well, it makes me fear for their wellbeing if they have no facial recognition abilities.

No need to fear for my wellbeing.  I get Hannah and Madison mixed up - they are both cute brunettes with nice smiles - but I am healthy and fine.  Thanks.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, SoWindsor said:

I completely agree that she most likely has borderline personality disorder. I think a decent amount of contestants do. I certainly believe Gia Allemand did. Perhaps Caelynn as well.

It really bothered me  how over the top she was.  She cannot take the slightest criticism or questioning without bursting into tears.  In my opinion, she is an emotionally exhausting asshole. Whoever has facilitated her doe-eyed manipulation has really messed up. 

She would be better off if someone told her to stop whining and then just left her alone.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Cornhusker12 said:

I have terrible facial recognition.  It doesn't help that TV tends to pick the same types over and over and they all look alike.   

• Love 5