Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Last Night in Paradise

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2020 at 8:43 PM, Zuleikha said:

I am so confused why Jessica is not able to break things off as she CLEARLY wants to when Diamond and Carlton were able to. Maybe both participants in the relationship have to agree? I'm worried for Jessica's liver as she's already been drinking waaaaaaay too much.

The producers have never come out and said it, but my guess would be that they let Diamond and Carlton out of their contracts because they thought it would be irresponsible/inhumane to force Diamond to be around someone with Carlton's abusive tendencies.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 2/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, calpurnia99 said:

Obviously all these people want to be famous. All the women have bodies that are 10s. I think this was a must. Any guy would be pissed if a fat chick he fell in love with walked out. This is what gets to me about this show-How they recruited these people. I can see that the women probably have no husbands because they are very picky. Jessica realy thinks she is a 10 but she is a 6- her body is a 10 though. These guys (except Mark) could find someone to marry if they wanted to.  Some of the women's faces aren't that great but they all have perfect, thin bodies. Not an ounce of fat anywhere. I'm waiting for Love is Blind: Fat Ugly People where we pair 3s up with 4s.

Kelly has a slight belly but yes this stood out to me as well- ironically the show trumpets it’s not about looks but everyone is pretty good looking, not A bad looking one in the bunch . But in all fairness I’m not sure a good looking girl or guy would be attracted to someone who isn’t like them- in general, most couples in life ( with exceptions ) marry at similar attractiveness levels .

On 3/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, peaceknit said:

Jessica has quite an alcohol problem.

And a vocal fry too- ack! She needs speech therapy .

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 8:10 PM, nlkm9 said:

And a vocal fry too- ack! She needs speech therapy .

I don't think she needs any speech therapy to speak differently. She speaks normally the vast majority of the time. She just needs to make a choice not to put on that phony-ass baby voice.

• Love 8
On 3/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, Blakeston said:

I don't think she needs any speech therapy to speak differently. She speaks normally the vast majority of the time. She just needs to make a choice not to put on that phony-ass baby voice.

I was just telling my sister today that amber and Jessica are just different sides of the same coin.  Both act the way they THINK will attract men.  Jessica with the cutesy voice and amber with the "cool girl" schtick.  

At some point, both will be miserable because they will pair with someone based on who that partner perceived them to be and not who they are. 

• Love 5
On 3/7/2020 at 10:53 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Lauren and Cameron’s love captivates me. They seem more “right reasons” than anyone on any of these shows. So nice to see their mature conversations and respect for one another. 

Same. I love how they talk so openly about their concerns about the challenges of interracial dating, too. It’s 2020 and Reality TV needs 100x more of these types of conversations. I am enjoying watching them. They both seem very sincere and kind. 

• Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 4:14 PM, calpurnia99 said:

For the most part, people who get selected to go on these shows think very highly of themselves or they would not have shown up for the casting. An average looking man or woman would never get selected. 

Honestly, I didn’t think many of the men on the show were better than average.  IMO, the women selected were way more attractive than the men.