Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ApprenticeFan

Season 16: Spoilers and Speculation

2 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

As I think the filming has been postponed till April 13, which is Easter Monday.

I don't think things will be back to normal by then. Gavin Newsom just issued a shelter-in-place order for the entire state of California (after issuing it last week just for the SF Bay Area), so the situation is really bad. It looks increasingly likely that we won't get a Bachelorette or BIP season this year.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't think things will be back to normal by then. Gavin Newsom just issued a shelter-in-place order for the entire state of California (after issuing it last week just for the SF Bay Area), so the situation is really bad. It looks increasingly likely that we won't get a Bachelorette or BIP season this year.

The problem when will the California quarantine be going to end? Hopefully as the situation of the quarantine producers might have to cancel Bachelorette 16 and will get straight for Summer Games (as the cancellation rumors have not yet announced) instead of BIP season for this year. Wait for Bachelor 25 as the next regular BN season.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ApprenticeFan said:

The problem when will the California quarantine be going to end? Hopefully as the situation of the quarantine producers might have to cancel Bachelorette 16 and will get straight for Summer Games (as the cancellation rumors have not yet announced) instead of BIP season for this year. Wait for Bachelor 25 as the next regular BN season.

My speculation given the current pandemic status (which is evolving quickly, so my speculations will adjust accordingly) is that the Summer Games will be canceled as well. The point was to have contestants from international Bachelor/Bachelorette shows, and with the travel restrictions and border closures that have been issued worldwide, that won't be possible. Plus, that show was supposed to be alternative programming to the Summer Olympics, which will likely be canceled or postponed. Even in the best case scenario that things return to normal by the end of summer, I think the show will start fresh with a new Bachelor season, perhaps with Mike from Hannah B.'s season as the lead, or else they'll dig into the archives for an old audience favorite like Arie.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response.

The big problem that Clare is from Sacramento, as California is on lockdown with a yet to be determined count of how the Cali lockdown will end.

Time for Clare's replacement as might that ain't happen until at least summer as its already postponed the 16th Bachelorette and to be replaced with a younger lead, I think mostly girls from Peter's season as its getting postponed in the next 12 months. The Bachelor 25 will be ahead on the usual September-November production schedule.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

I'd prefer they just shift Clare's season to this fall and simply swap the Bachelorette and Bachelor filming schedules and airing Clare's season next January.  It would be so unfair and demoralizing to every woman over 25 that Clare wasn't worth the time & effort to be the lead.  The delay would definitely allow them to assemble a decently age-appropriate cast.  

We can do without the Summer games or BIP for one season.  That's no biggie, as trashtastic as those show-nanigans are! 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, leighdear said:

We can do without the Summer games or BIP for one season.  That's no biggie, as trashtastic as those show-nanigans are! 

...but, but how will they grow their Instagram followers and make a living as an influencer?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

...but, but how will they grow their Instagram followers and make a living as an influencer?

Most will just have to go back to waiting tables, being "personal trainers", pretending to be pharmaceutical reps and sponge off their parents.  Poor things.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

On 3/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, nutty1 said:

Matt J., 28

New York, NY

I'm calling it now....if Clare doesn't pick him, he is our next Bachelor. This is Tyler Cameron's best friend. Supposed to be a really nice guy.

matt J.jpg

I like Matt for making it clear he was upset with Hannah about the drinks thing. He was basically saying what Tyler couldn’t.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:34 AM, phlebas said:

I read somewhere Matt backed out of the season just before they shut down. But I can't find where I read that.  I don't know if he wasn't feeling it with Clare or just decided to stay with Tyler after his mom's death or what.  Or if I dreamed it.

I haven’t heard this. Matt is a huge famewhore like Tyler. He was giddy about Tyler being with Gigi. And rumor is he was cast just to be the Bachelor. No way Clare picks him. 

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Isn't he part of the the Quarantine Crew with Hannah Brown and Tyler C? Nah, he's not there for Clare and makes sense if he has backed out.

• Like 1

From RS regarding on Clare's season with changes post-COVID-19 pandemic:

In today’s podcast beginning at the 9:37 mark, I talk about what the “Bachelorette” currently has as a plan for filming this season. Here are the bullet points of what I talk about in today’s podcast:

-They are looking to film in July/Aug for 5 weeks.
-The show would air in September.
-They are looking to film the entire season in ONE LOCATION.
-That means all dates, cocktails parties, rose ceremonies, etc would all happen in one location.
-The objective would be to find a resort (they have not secured anything yet, this is just what they’re trying to do) that would give them 100% EXCLUSIVITY to their cast and crew.
-Everyone on cast and crew would be tested prior to arrival, the show would be on complete lockdown for 5 weeks of filming with no one leaving the premises.

Those are the main points that the show is looking at right now. Brings up a lot of questions I know, and I go over these at the beginning of the podcast, but some of the questions I address:

-If they can’t secure 100% exclusivity to a resort, does that mean this season doesn’t happen? Or this just a contingency plan?

-5 weeks in the same location means no travel, no hometown dates, every date would be pretty boring, and there would be no public dates that get out since no one is at that location except them.

-Will it be hard to get spoilers if there’s no public dates and everything happens in the same location? Well, BIP is filmed at the same location every season and I’ve spoiled all 6 of those seasons, so, doesn’t seem like it’d be too much of a problem. But too early to tell.

-If they do this, what does this mean for “Bachelor,” which normally films from Sept. through mid November? Would it still go on as normal? Would it get pushed back? If they did push it back, they aren’t going to film over Thanksgiving and Xmas, so does that mean pushing back filming would go into 2021? If so, then what airs in Jan. of 2021 when normally the “Bachelor” would start airing?

-If they do shoot “Bachelor” as normal beginning in September, who would the “Bachelor” be? Clare’s season (with an air date of Sept), would only have aired maybe 1 or 2 episodes at that point, so could they really pull someone from her season the audience barely knows and would already know he doesn’t win Clare’s season?

-What does this mean for BIP?

So there’s a lot of questions still unanswered, but this is where the show is at right now with they want to do for filming. This is the first report out there detailing what they’re looking for, so I don’t know if the show will address this publicly or not. But I know this is what they’re looking to do and have sent feelers out to try and secure a resort for this season. I definitely see pros and cons to them doing this. It’s still in the early stages as we’re still 3 months away from this potentially even happening, but just wanted to give you a heads up on what I’ve been told is happening.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Are they going to pay for a live-in staff at the resort, too? And on Paradise, they all live at one resort, but there are multiple couples to follow.

• Like 2

I don't think that it would be boring because they're not traveling.  Most of the dates they do could be done in a hotel ballroom or in the ocean.  Acting/photoshoot date, sports dates, massage dates ect. . . . .

• Like 2

Even if there isn't the typical travel and fun dates, I'm so excited to watch just because it's Claire. And honestly, maybe there would be less confusion on feelings if they're dating in a less glamorous fashion. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Even if there isn't the typical travel and fun dates, I'm so excited to watch just because it's Claire. And honestly, maybe there would be less confusion on feelings if they're dating in a less glamorous fashion. 

I am hoping that the older lead coupled with being forced to be more local might bring the show back to where it started a bit. My fear is that they will still cast a bunch of young guys for drama but it would be refreshing to watch a couple adults who are actually looking for love first, fame second to "connect" on their "journey" to find "their person". 

• Like 4

I'm thrilled that they've recast with some older guys. One good thing to come from this whole situation! 

• Like 6