Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 40: Winners at War Previews & Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

On 4/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, LadyChatts said:

New preview for this week.  I think it's Ben's voice saying 'ya'll get paranoid', but I can't tell if he's actually saying that to Tony or if it's spliced in from a TH.  It's possible Tony is targeted this week, and Ben could tell him his name is being thrown around.

Jeff didn't want an all winners season to begin with (his argument was he didn't think there was enough strong female winners).  Watching this season, I think it's pretty equal on both sides that winners have been kind of weak.  So I'm wondering if his hype is just for show, since he can't outright say "this season sucks, don't watch."  I'll wait until the end to ultimately see how everything plays out, but right now this season is in the low-middle range for me.  Not a horrible season, but nowhere near a great one.  Of course, it helped that it followed two of the worst seasons.

Well strong winners in his book are jackasses like Tony he gives way more screen time to and some of the women winners arent arrogant think their shit dont stink like Parvati is so...

• Love 1

Next week:

Michele wants to shake things up.  Tony is begging Sarah to consider something, and he and Ben are in panic mode.  Someone comes back from the EOE, and Jeff says "this battle is not over."  Please tell me they aren't letting two people come back from the edge.

28 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Michele wants to shake things up.  Tony is begging Sarah to consider something, and he and Ben are in panic mode.  Someone comes back from the EOE, and Jeff says "this battle is not over."  Please tell me they aren't letting two people come back from the edge.

“Rob, you didn’t win the return challenge, but we want you back in, so here’s one last chance.  The battle is not over.”

seriously, I bet Jeff says that to the sole person returning from EoE

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

I can see them bringing two people from the Edge back in the game. I hope not, but it's definitely possible.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I can see them bringing two people from the Edge back in the game. I hope not, but it's definitely possible.

I wouldn't be surprised.  Especially if Probst doesn't get the outcome back he wants.  Maybe he lets everyone just vote someone in (after someone about kills themselves trying to get back into the game).  It would be like the Outcast Tribe during Pearl Islands.  That comment might be nothing, but knowing this show, I can see them pulling something.

• Love 1

I am trying to come up with solutions to why Ben could possibly get sixth. It would have to be because of Tony and Sarah. Everyone wants to take that goat to the finals and he has an idol! I cannot see a scenario where Denise or Sarah vote for Ben. Tony could maybe do it.

I suppose Natalie could come back in, claiming to know things the jury said, and absolute wreak havoc with false narratives, but damn. It feels like it would have to be a 2-2-2 scenario. Then either Tony or Sarah sees Ben as too much of a goat to keep around so they flip it to a 3-2-1.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, MKL122788 said:

I am trying to come up with solutions to why Ben could possibly get sixth. It would have to be because of Tony and Sarah. Everyone wants to take that goat to the finals and he has an idol! I cannot see a scenario where Denise or Sarah vote for Ben. Tony could maybe do it.

I can see a couple of scenarios.  It depends, though; who knows Ben has an idol, and who knows Tony has one?

33 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I can see a couple of scenarios.  It depends, though; who knows Ben has an idol, and who knows Tony has one?

The whole cast, minus Sandra (the Queen, who abdicated from her throne - God save the King!) saw Tony offering to use his to save Sarah at the Tribal where Jeremy didn't use Michele's 50/50 coin and Kim got voted out. I mean, I guess the whole tribe knows then. I think only Tony knows about Ben's, and maybe Sarah also. I might be imagining I remember Tony telling Sarah about it. Presumably Ben would tell Denise, because he seems to be a bit dim...

• Love 1

Jeff's teaser for the finale:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-jeff-probst-winners-at-war-episode-13-interview/

Okay, we’re down to the finale. What can you tell us about what’s in store for the three-hour extravaganza on May 13?

Well, what I can tell you is that our finale is damn near three hours in length! It’s the longest finale we’ve ever had, and it is packed with fantastic story. There is so much happening that we could not make it any shorter. There’s drama, there’s emotion, there’s surprise and then… we will read the votes and crown a champion to Survivor: Winners At War. I’m pumped for fans to see the finale I think it will be a satisfying conclusion to an epic season of Survivor.

Once again, since HHH at least, the finale has gone close to 2 1/2 hours, so this isn't anything new.  I doubt that it's so exciting and jam packed that there's too much to show, and more like they need to fill the time since they aren't having a regular reunion. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

It’s the longest finale we’ve ever had, and it is packed with fantastic story. There is so much happening that we could not make it any shorter. There’s drama, there’s emotion, there’s surprise and then… 

sure jan GIF

• LOL 5

Two questions before I go to sleep:

1. Would this season be tainted if someone from EoE winds up winning?
  2. Would it be a double-tainted victory for Tyson if he wins after getting voted off twice?

I have a theory as to win Natalie bought an idol for Tyson. If she can’t re-enter the game and pull off the win, Tyson winning would basically burn the series to the ground. If she can’t win, she might want to help make the worst finale possible.

*sigh* One last question: is there any result that would give Probst a hard-on that would last him the entire hiatus that DOESN’T involve Tony or Ben winning?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

is there any result that would give Probst a hard-on that would last him the entire hiatus that DOESN’T involve Tony or Ben winning?

BRob coming back and winning.

...You asked,

Edited by SVNBob
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

You asked,

Okay, I opened myself up for that one. I would’ve thought maybe Probst’s man-crush on Rob would be gone. But Rob sneaking back into the game and winning $2 million, most of which he wouldn’t have deserved might be the worst case scenario.

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)
On 5/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, Josh371982 said:

Well strong winners in his book are jackasses like Tony he gives way more screen time to and some of the women winners arent arrogant think their shit dont stink like Parvati is so...

It was amusing to watch parvati this time . Because she is married she couldn't use her sex like she did in other seasons.  I thought Natalie was short changed. And for some reason, I thought rob was way too hard on her. And I think he swayed the jury. After all Natalie was voted out on the 2nd day and then, because the island of extinction is what it is, they don't make alliances.  So Natalie had no real time to make really good alliances. I think she deserved it,  because she played well and she was the one to battle back. 30 to 36  or so days on the island of extinction must have been horrible. If you get a chance, read her interview, I think it was with us magazine. Rob's idea was That she wasn't socially enough for him, But she had no time to bond with him really. The bonding mainly comes from the actual game, not from when you are evicted.

I thought Tyson was in jerk during the game, but I read Nathalie's interview, and it turns out he's really a great guy. There's really a lot of things they didn't show. Wish they would do it 2 nights a week. One night for the reward challenge and another night for the game and immunity challenge.  And really this time they could have had one day for the edge of extinction. Natalie explains it in detail and it sounds horrible and we didn't get to see any of that.  She talks about how many rats there were, and how at night when they were trying to sleep, the rats bit their toes and fingers.

She also talked how she thought it would be great if there was a 3 woman finale, and she thought Sarah would be OK with that.  But Sarah seemed to be more thinking that if she couldn't win,  then Tony would win. I know they were  in an alliance,  but Sarah should have played to win.  And I think she swayed a lot of people with that exit with Tony.

The main problem this year with the show was that because they were all million dollar people, you couldn't really root for anybody.  I mean you could, but you don't feel any sympathy for anybody. There was no great story that would make you root for somebody.

The same thing happens when they bring on ex football or baseball stars who are multi millionaires. I never want them to win. If they don't have enough money already forget it.  Just my humble opinion.

On 5/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, Josh371982 said:

others see those.

Edited by antfitz
(edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 3:00 AM, SVNBob said:

...You asked,

Lol  I think you are right. I think if they gave us more time to watch shows like 2 nights a week, we would have a better idea what is going on, and not just what producers want us to think. Personally I got sick of hearing and seeing Tony all the time. Hes like a little Chihuahua that keeps nipping at your heels. And view see his house?? He is no poor policeman. We should all live like that.... and especially in New York.

Edited by antfitz
On 5/7/2020 at 10:24 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly, I welcome that. At least it'd be something surprising, since the finale is looking like it's just gonna be a boring march to an inevitable Tony win.

You nailed  It.

Probst and the producers had a hard on for Tony.  There was constant Tony coverage.