Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 40: Winners at War Previews & Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

Next week...Adam and Denise say Ben knows something.  Whatever it is, hopefully it leads to his demise.  Rob says it's war if Sandra voted out Amber.  Tony is climbing a makeshift ladder as Tyson asks how he's still alive.  I doubt anything dramatic happens with that, otherwise they'd be milking it.

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Tony is climbing a makeshift ladder as Tyson asks how he's still alive.

Wtf is Tiny building a ladder?  Is he wanting to have a serious discussion with Tyson, and look him in the eye while doing so?

• LOL 2

I doubt Tony even gets a sliver because you know that they milk any little hiccup that happens at camp in the previews to look worse than it is.  My guess is Tony is looking for food, but considering this is Tony we're talking about, who knows.

I'm more intrigued by the clip of Adam and Denise.  I wonder if Ben's name has been thrown around to get voted off and he found out. 

Having food items on the Fire Tokens menu intrigues me a bit. At first I thought nobody would waste their currency on food, and I still think it is likely nobody will. BUT - it is one thing to be starving when no food is available. I think it is a very different thing to be starving and know in the back of your mind you could get something to eat any time you want. I don't think anyone will do that, but I think it could make the hunger more difficult to deal with than it already is. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Maverick said:

What hunger?  They haven't starved them in years what with the upfront food, unending rewards and lavish "milestone" meals.  Dehydrate them yes. Starve, not too much. 

Allison from DvG lost 27 pounds in 37 days. I expect she was pretty hungry for most of those days.

• Love 3

LOL the average American is eating over 2,000 calories a day. There is a reward that might provide food once every 3 days. On the other two days they are getting maybe 500 calories a day. Rice is not that caloric and the 1/2 cup to a cup that they are eating day is barely anything. Then you add in whatever fruit or fish that they find. Even when they win chickens one chicken divided between 2 people is low calorie, like maybe 500 calories, never mind when it is distributed among 8-10 people.

So yes, there are reward challenges with food. But those are not all that frequent and a fair amount of what is consumed is quickly returned because their bodies cannot process the quantities and the way it is prepared after eating mainly rice.

Contestants on the jury are losing 10% of their body weight, minimum. Many are losing more then that. Given that many of the contestants are not showing up overweight, that is a lot of weight for them to be losing.

Toss in that their bodies are burning calories in challenges and around camp and the minimal amount of calories that they are getting is not enough to match what they are losing. If I tracked their food intake on MyFitnessPal there would probably be no days where they are close to going over their allotted calories for a given day. Most days would show that they have close to a 1,000 calories left to eat.

• Love 7
On 2/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, LadyChatts said:

I'm more intrigued by the clip of Adam and Denise.  I wonder if Ben's name has been thrown around to get voted off and he found out. 

I know people want Ben gone as not worthy.  But why vote out an inept player in a season of "greats"?  

How do they get more fire tokens?  

42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder this, too. Is it just from booted players giving them away? 

It looks like boots but I suspect there might be tokens to the tribe as part of a reward or maybe hidden tokens or tokens as part of an individual reward or immunity win. I wonder if the person from EoE who returns to the game will be able to bring accumulated tokens back into the game.

• Love 1

Tonight's episode is only one hour.  They should have a longer episode if they are going to include footage from EOE.  I would think there would be a lot of game play going on there, with these players.  Strategy talk, maybe new alliances forming, rewards/tokens in the mix.  Something is going to be shortchanged with only one hour to show both aspects of the game.

• Love 1

I wonder if Tony thinks he sees an idol in the tree or something or if it's some other type of reward, not everyone can shimmy up the trunk. It just all seems a little weird -- like it's gotta be something sort of delicate or tied on if you're climbing a rickety ladder and not throwing coconuts at it to get it down.

Hey, I saw Nick in the preview.  I forgot he was there, too!  

So now Adam and Denise want to vote out Parvati and Rob.  I don't know why it's such a big move?  Get them out when they aren't on the bottom and won't see it coming.  I wouldn't be impressed that you voted out two big named players unless there was real strategy involved, and some other big move that led to it.

And we see Tyson throwing Sandra's name out.  Unfortunately for him, it appears to get back to her.  

Edited by LadyChatts
On 2/19/2020 at 9:02 PM, LadyChatts said:

Hey, I saw Nick in the preview.  I forgot he was there, too!  

So now Adam and Denise want to vote out Parvati and Rob.  I don't know why it's such a big move?  Get them out when they aren't on the bottom and won't see it coming.  I wouldn't be impressed that you voted out two big named players unless there was real strategy involved, and some other big move that led to it.

And we see Tyson throwing Sandra's name out.  Unfortunately for him, it appears to get back to her.  

It's a big move cause Parv and Rob need to be targeted. The tribe have been morons so far 

https://youtu.be/Yh0fj2Ep9N4

Here's the first of two sneak peeks-this one on the blue tribe (Sele).  Adam says Danni went home unanimously because Rob, Parvati, and Ethan betrayed her (this sort of makes sense, but also not), and that they are running things.  He also says that Rob feels like he needs to be in control, but that Rob needs to adapt and play more like Adam is.  I didn't know the kid was a comedian.  He says (for what feels like the millionth time), that it's time to take some of the big names.

https://youtu.be/9pO5ouhaIt8

The second clip is the other tribe, and what we saw in the preview at the end of last weeks show.  Sandra caught a shark for breakfast, Tony took it out of the net, and then was running around on the beach because it was trying to bite him.  As I've said, that tribe is so much more entertaining, and I love what Tony brings.  

• Love 3

I like Dakal, so I'm hoping they don't lose.  I can't believe that Rob and Parvati will slip through another TC if their tribe loses, so it might be a boring vote.  But who knows.  Michele/Jeremy might get overconfident, Adam might feel betrayed that his move was stolen from him, so maybe something exciting could happen.  But I like the members of Dakal for the most part.  I don't want any of them going home.

I'm just surprised there isn't a tribe swap yet.  I figured TPTB would want to try and give Rob/Parvati some kind of life line.

I respect Adam for actually playing and attempting a big move even though he really blew it.  I feel a lot of the old schoolers are misreading things - odd things...things they should know better about. 

I am still a fan of Adam but also of Ethan.  I find both very entertaining to watch and was sad one of them had to go.

Regarding Ethan....to me he seems a bit frail and a little as if his mind isn't as sharp as it might have been prior to getting sick.  Battling blood cancer twice had to have taken its toll.  I hope what I'm seeing doesn't mean he gets sick again.

He really has an amazing story and how he's picked himself up and soldiered on is really impressive and inspiring.

I'm glad he was able to create his soccer charity prior to getting sick.  Hopefully that serves as a solid and stable source of income for him.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, LanceM said:

I am so hoping Red goes to tribal next week.

YESSSS!!!!!!!

I am finding it hard to get fully into this season, and have many gripes, but I am sure some of it is the endless-seeming focus on Sele - because they keep on agoin' to Tribal, so loads of footage and talking heads of players I didn't know I disliked this much, and/or never wanted to see again, etc.  

Most of the players I find interesting/fun are on Red, apart from Rob, Parvarti (who knew!), and Ethan.

22 hours ago, LanceM said:

And yes if you look at the shot of Ethan you see someone holding a stethoscope.

NOOOOO!!!!

I hope he comes good.  It's all just too depressing so far.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, violet and green said:

NOOOOO!!!!

I hope he comes good.  It's all just too depressing so far.

Maybe it's part of the next clue on EoE? Or a fun game of doctor? Or an ancient stethoscope buried thousands of years ago by the natives who died off giving this island the name Edge of Extinction? Maybe... maybe?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Who is Michele's ex-boyfriend? Wendell? Nick has a long-time girlfriend/engaged, Ben is married, she and Adam never dated. Those are the only newschool winners it seems like it could be.

(Unless she was being metaphorical? And she and either Ben or Adam end up as the only Sele on a swapped tribe. I guess I'll find out.)

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Who is Michele's ex-boyfriend? Wendell? Nick has a long-time girlfriend/engaged, Ben is married, she and Adam never dated. Those are the only newschool winners it seems like it could be.

(Unless she was being metaphorical? And she and either Ben or Adam end up as the only Sele on a swapped tribe. I guess I'll find out.)

That's what I was wondering.  It would have to be Wendell, because if it were someone on her tribe I assume she would have said something by now.  And none of the other guys left make sense.  She was still wearing a blue buff in the promo, so unless it was one of those auto-buffs they've done to keep people confused, she's staying on her own tribe.

I'm surprised Rob looked so unhappy.  This could be bad for him, but might be what saves him.

• Love 3
(edited)

So did anyone else know that Michelle apparently dated Nick? I'm assuming it's him only because the only options out of Dakal are - Nick, Yul, Tony and Wendell. Yul and Tony are both married and I seem to remember Wendell mentioning a girlfriend during his season.

Now granted that could have ended and he and Michelle hooked up since then, maybe meeting on the Survivor circuit. But for some reason, my suspicion is that it's likely Nick. And clearly this is not something that others are aware of, as they're putting it in the previews as something that will probably a big reveal on the episode. 

eta: Oh, probably should have read the previous posts. Just saw that Nick apparently has had a longtime girlfriend. Interesting. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)
16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm surprised Rob looked so unhappy.  This could be bad for him, but might be what saves him.

I've noticed that Rob for the most part, is loyal to old school Survivor. He can play the "new school" or whatever but he's not a fan of all the twists, which should make him and some viewers get along very well.

He hates tribal swaps, hated Redemption Island when he was on the season, doesn't seem obsessed with immunity idols, though he of course recognizes how important they are to the game, etc.

And the reality is tribal swaps can be a great thing for one player and disaster for another. That's what makes them exciting to me. But it's one of those things in Survivor that can screw a player over even though up to that point they'd played a great game. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure Michele dated Wendell at some point. That has to be who she was talking about in the preview.

I wonder if the tribe swap will be good or bad for Rob. Who he ends up with on a tribe with, could likely boot him. If Sandra ends up on his tribe, that could be bad for him.

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

So, the two losing tribes attend tribal council and vote off two people? Is it a double boot?

Yes, that’s what I understood.

I noticed there was some focus on Wendell and Michele when Jeff said that.  

• Useful 1
On 3/4/2020 at 8:25 PM, truthaboutluv said:

So did anyone else know that Michelle apparently dated Nick? I'm assuming it's him only because the only options out of Dakal are - Nick, Yul, Tony and Wendell. Yul and Tony are both married and I seem to remember Wendell mentioning a girlfriend during his season.

Now granted that could have ended and he and Michelle hooked up since then, maybe meeting on the Survivor circuit. But for some reason, my suspicion is that it's likely Nick. And clearly this is not something that others are aware of, as they're putting it in the previews as something that will probably a big reveal on the episode. 

eta: Oh, probably should have read the previous posts. Just saw that Nick apparently has had a longtime girlfriend. Interesting. 

Nick has had the same girlfriend since his season - S37.  Michelle and Wendell dated but not Michelle and Nick.

Here's Probst's teaser for next week:

We’ve got a spousal reunion coming next week on Edge of Extinction. What can you tell us about next week’s episode?

We’re getting into the thick of it now. Players have started to find their equilibrium and I think you’re going to see the game play begin to increase. Fill up your popcorn buckets, this story is still a long way from being over!

• Love 1

I'm wondering if the arguing between Michele and Wendell is after the immunity challenge or before. It might be a misdirect and Sele is safe and another tribe attends tribal council.

11 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I'm wondering if the arguing between Michele and Wendell is after the immunity challenge or before. It might be a misdirect and Sele is safe and another tribe attends tribal council.

I don't know how Michele would stay safe at Sele, unless she finds an idol, or Wendell throws her pity and convinces Nick or Yul to vote the other out (or Nick/Yul feel like Wendell is sketchy).  

Dakal is interesting.  There's no idols in play, and Jeremy has his get out of TC free card.  I doubt they will force a tie, so the question is, who flips?  Kim already entertained the idea of flipping to Jeremy/Denise.  

Yara I think it will be Adam.  At least that's my hope.  But I don't know, I could see it being any of those 4.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know how Michele would stay safe at Sele, unless she finds an idol, or Wendell throws her pity and convinces Nick or Yul to vote the other out (or Nick/Yul feel like Wendell is sketchy).  

Dakal is interesting.  There's no idols in play, and Jeremy has his get out of TC free card.  I doubt they will force a tie, so the question is, who flips?  Kim already entertained the idea of flipping to Jeremy/Denise.  

Yara I think it will be Adam.  At least that's my hope.  But I don't know, I could see it being any of those 4.

Nervous for Michele now because without Parvati, I don't think she has anyone to protect her. Here's hoping Sele wins immunity next week and either Dakal or Yara loses. Adam or Ben leaving would work out great.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

You think EoE would be opened twice? Or maybe just the once?

I'd have to think in this season, the show won't pass up the chance to bring two big names back into the game.

Surprised there's no hint of a merge next week.  I wonder if it'll be an episode where only one tribe has immunity, but the two losing tribes join to vote ONE person out at a single tribal council.

It was funny the first week, but I'm rapidly tiring of Ex on the Beach. Not quite sure why the editors are leaning on the Michele/Wendell relationship storyline so hard. It almost makes me miss the Poker Alliance. Almost.

And I agree Yara has to lose next week. That preview seems like a misdirect not showing them.

• Love 1

Of the remaining players, my only wish is for Yul to make the merge 🙂

All the rest can stay or go as it happens, and I'd be happy.  The remaining players came to play, and I think the balance of the season will be really entertaining - regardless of who wins.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2