Type keyword(s) to search

Family Karma - General Discussion

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The fathers' advisory panel for Vishal was charming.

I'm enjoying learning more about the wedding customs.

Vishal has a strong constitution, but all that binge drinking will catch up with him. Please, it was disrespectful to the parents who gave them the wedding.

Payment for the wedding: agree that some of it was sponsored, but I've met a few parents who started saving for their daughters' weddings while the daughters were infants. I was told that it was a typical practice in the community.

I read up on it, and it appears that the families split costs with the couple. Are most couples older when they marry and able to save up for their wedding? I'd put that money towards a house.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The less I see of Anisha, the better. She never listens to anyone, never gives any credence to anyone else's opinions.  The only truthful thing she said in the entire episode was her admission of selfishness. True, she meant it only in reference to her 'new' relationship instead of as regards elevating her own needs/wants/opinions astronomically above those of any and everyone/everything else. May she be happy in Arizona and not show up to spoil by enjoyment of any more episodes. Back in the dark ages when I was her age, it could actually take several days for an RSVP to reach it's destination, or to return a phone call over crowded land lines, with or without the advantage of answering machines. Today - nope - sending a text can be accomplished in seconds, sending a group of mass text to assure delivery to the intended recipient does take a few seconds longer, but not the amount of time she claimed to have needed. She just didn't care enough to let anyone know why she intended until she made her final decision - which was likely 2 seconds before she boarded her flight.

Also glad to recognize the absence of the guy (and his family) who loved to run his mouth with innuendos/lies/insinuations of Vishal's sexual behavior, but turned into a whiny, whimpy crybaby as soon as he was called on it. Good riddance to all of them. Their sneaky nastiness ruined every segment they were in.

Bali can go away too - she adds nothing.

More Lopa! She was great at the wedding!

Monica's grandmother was a hoot - and her father is pretty easy to take. Monica, however, needs to get real. Brian needs to grow up, grow a brain, a personality and a plan for his life.

Love Amrit! Can't wait to see how his wedding plans play out. Love that he seems to have taken over the 'Greek Chorus' role that Anisha was hogging, and doing a poorly.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I watched this late last night, half-asleep. Did Vishal and Richa admit that they were not actually married? No marriage license.

Yes not legally married. 

Maybe they didn't want to get legally married in Mexico - I don't know how these destination weddings actually work in terms of jurisdictional issues. Those interviews were done very soon after the wedding.

They could also deliberately not want to be legally married for tax purposes since there are tax advantages to being single.

Also there are some cultures who feel they are legitimately married if they are married according to the guidelines of the religion and the civil marriage is in addition to that. Most religious people of course do get married "civilly" because you get the license prior to the ceremony and then you are married both "religiously" and "civilly" at the same time by your religious officiant. 

I don't think they are attempting to do anything nefarious but there are some extreme sects that don't get married civilly like the polygamist extreme LDS and there are some other hard core religious groups who don't get married civilly so that they can continue to get government benefits since being married and having the husband's income count would disqualify them from stuff like Medicaid but all they care about is that they are married in the eyes of their religion.

1 minute ago, amarante said:
Edited by amarante
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Given how much was made of this wedding, It's odd to me that the editors didn't add a note that the couple are now legally married. It's been 10 months since the wedding was filmed.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Given how much was made of this wedding, It's odd to me that the editors didn't add a note that the couple are now legally married. It's been 10 months since the wedding was filmed.

I'm imagining an upcoming episode where they sign the papers to legalize the marriage with an obligatory "will they/won't they" scene.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I caught up with this season. I can’t believe they had such an elaborate wedding and didn’t legalize it. I’m guessing they are legal now, hopefully.

I don’t like the whole “you’re not allowed to drink.”  The man is in his mid 30s, this is who he is. I think Lopa isn’t happy and Richa is still hoping he grows up a bit more.

Monica’s dad is my favorite on the show. I hope she’s not being played but her boyfriend does look a player. Dad would like to see her engaged but the guy said he’s not ready and I believe him.

• Love 5
On 11/22/2022 at 12:58 PM, sugarbaker design said:

I'm imagining an upcoming episode where they sign the papers to legalize the marriage with an obligatory "will they/won't they" scene.

You get a cookie, based on the preview!  And, I'd forgotten about Vishal having Crohn's.  Yeah, alcohol is not his friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

You get a cookie, based on the preview!  And, I'd forgotten about Vishal having Crohn's.  Yeah, alcohol is not his friend.

I didn't know he had Crohn's. Richa gets on my nerves, though. Instead of acting like a bitch, she should share her health concerns like she did with her friend. Yes, he does drink excessively, but she talks to him like he's a child.

Poor Monica. I usually like Brian, though agree he needs to mature--and fast--but that was a real dick move telling the boyfriend about the rumor. He's known Monica way, way, way longer. I hope she lets him know what a betrayal that was,

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 11/27/2022 at 7:55 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I caught up with this season. I can’t believe they had such an elaborate wedding and didn’t legalize it. I’m guessing they are legal now, hopefully.

I don’t like the whole “you’re not allowed to drink.”  The man is in his mid 30s, this is who he is. I think Lopa isn’t happy and Richa is still hoping he grows up a bit more.

Monica’s dad is my favorite on the show. I hope she’s not being played but her boyfriend does look a player. Dad would like to see her engaged but the guy said he’s not ready and I believe him.

I think he actually has a drinking problem.  Whenever I see a spouse (legal or not) get so agitated when they have a drink, it tells me something.  I have seen it before in real life.

I do not like Monica's dad.  I did... I am not sure what changed, but he is bugging me.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think he actually has a drinking problem.  Whenever I see a spouse (legal or not) get so agitated when they have a drink, it tells me something.  I have seen it before in real life.

I do not like Monica's dad.  I did... I am not sure what changed, but he is bugging me.

Yes the most recent episode convinced me that he had a drinking problem. If you don't have a drinking problem, it really is not problem to not drink. It was telling to me when he said that he wasn't the "fun" guy if he wasn't drinking.

The back story on Bali would be interesting. As I recall she had presented herself as a successful businesswoman in the prior seasons. I would imagine the divorce agreement specified that she could stay in the house until the child reached a certain age and moved out - which was what happened. I realize that adults live with parents to a greater extent in the Indian culture but I still can't imagine that any middle aged woman would choose to live with her parents if she had any financial ability to rent an apartment for herself. She must have no income at all - child support probably stopped when the kid became a certain age.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Wasn't she doing some low paying job with a florist in the first season? I always miss what they say her job is, but I think it's exaggerated for the show. I know rent is sky high in Miami, but you'd think she would be far along enough in her career to afford something small. If Rish can afford a place, so should Bali. Unless she's making peanuts or lost her job altogether. 

Her daughter's 20 now, so this isn't a new development regarding being self-sufficient.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I wanted to shake Monica when she said talking about engagements would take away from the surprise, or her boyfriend said it and she agreed.  Your future should not be a surprise, Monica!  You should not be in the dark about your own relationship!

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

Vishal has to either handle his alcohol better or stop drinking.  The way he's behaving if he doesn't become a tragic alcoholic he'll need a liver transplant by the time he's 50.

Glad that my Anisha hatred was validated. She hates Monica because she's younger and has all the qualities Anisha's mom would love for her to have. 

I don't think Rischi is cheating on Monica...I know that happens on a lot of reality shows but that doesn't seem like the case here.

After this round of attacking Monica I don't want to see the wide-eyed. pearl clutching from Bali or Anisha ever again. Anisha especially is a POS. I don't care if you prefer being a bitch to treating other people with respect but don't act like you're being attacked when you're held accountable.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

I understand why Richa would be irritated by Vishal but I don’t see why she went through with such a big wedding and is now acting like she doesn’t know if she should sign the license. That was a big ceremony.  I see Vishal as a binge drinker when he goes out and not an alcoholic. But who knows?
I forgot Balis ex owned the house she lived in. Was it mentioned before? She had to know it would happen at some point. I found it odd that she has to go to her moms. Will O’Mailey stay with the parents when he is in town?  

• Love 3

I still very much enjoy this show, but it’s starting to feel a bit staged to me.  Amrit looked very uncomfortable having to bring up the Rishi rumor at brunch- a brunch that Rishi and Monica for some reason we’re not able to attend...?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I understand why Richa would be irritated by Vishal but I don’t see why she went through with such a big wedding and is now acting like she doesn’t know if she should sign the license.

That's producer-driven drama, right?  Richa knows what she got into (a big goofy man-child) and she's cool with it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I still very much enjoy this show, but it’s starting to feel a bit staged to me.  Amrit looked very uncomfortable having to bring up the Rishi rumor at brunch- a brunch that Rishi and Monica for some reason we’re not able to attend...?

Yeah, all reality TV shows are contrived, but the setups are sticking out more this season. I noticed it when the parents got together and one of the dad's asked the group how they felt about their kids moving in together before marriage. That was Raj's cue to speak up. What a coincidence! 

11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wasn't she doing some low paying job with a florist in the first season? I always miss what they say her job is, but I think it's exaggerated for the show. I know rent is sky high in Miami, but you'd think she would be far along enough in her career to afford something small. If Rish can afford a place, so should Bali. Unless she's making peanuts or lost her job altogether. 

I know she was working for a florist, but I also thought she worked for her parents' company. I don't remember. But Bali is a mystery. From what I remember about her, she said her ex had fuck you money. They had a huge wedding, dim sum flown in from Hong Kong for the reception, but she was basically living in a gilded cage. I don't know if Bali ever had a job or any income of her own. Judging by what she said in this episode, her ex was using their daughter's tuition as leverage. Which is a shitty thing to do since it's his daughter's childhood home, and unless his financial situation changed, he can afford it. 

Family Karma isn't as big as the Housewives franchise, so I'm sure the cast isn't making as much as the cast mates of the bigger shows, but Bali's situation is really wild. Since her ex put down money for the downpayment, I'm assuming Bali didn't net any proceeds from the sale. Any equity probably went straight to her ex. This is a cautionary tale. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Family Karma isn't as big as the Housewives franchise, so I'm sure the cast isn't making as much as the cast mates of the bigger shows, but Bali's situation is really wild. Since her ex put down money for the downpayment, I'm assuming Bali didn't net any proceeds from the sale. Any equity probably went straight to her ex. This is a cautionary tale. 

I think the cautionary tale is that women need to think ahead.

I would suspect that Bali got a typical divorce settlement from her wealthy husband. She probably got generous child support payments which often included college and graduate school tuition. She also probably got a lump sum settlement of some kind because spousal support is not given generally anymore.

I think Bali misrepresented the housing issue. It is very typical for the settlement to provide that the wife is allowed to stay in the house until the children move out and then the house is sold and the settlement provides for how the sales proceeds are divided. If the ex husband paid mortgage and taxes for the past 15 years it would not be uncommon for the husband to get the proceeds - but the parties are free to negotiate whatever they want in the settlement,

If the child is living at college and husband is paying tuition AND living expenses then Bali would not have been entitled to child support since she no longer had any expenses in terms of supporting a child.

Bali I suspect lived above her means and never thought ahead to what would happen when the negotiated child support payments ended. I am not really that sympathetic to women in her situation who had the resources in order to not wind up having to move back to their parents' home. I am sympathetic to women who are trapped in abusive relationships or whose reality was that they struggled to support their families on relatively low incomes after divorce because realistically even if the husband wasn't a deadbeat there wasn't enough income to support two separate households.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, amarante said:

Bali I suspect lived above her means and never thought ahead to what would happen when the negotiated child support payments ended.

I think she thought ahead, she just thought she would be married again before the little one went to college.  A case of bad timing.  Her parents' place is just a stopgap until her and O'Malley marry.

• Love 2

Being an Indian American, this show really resonates. I didn't grow up like this, but many of my friends did. Staying at home until 30, and parents still paying bills is a common theme. Parent holding money over your head so you do their bidding, common. 100-200k weddings with 500+ people you don't know are the norm as it's a way to show the community you have money. A rumor getting out of control and sabotaging your reputation within 24 hours so you're "spoiled goods" - all the time.  We have a beautiful culture but so many inherent issues that need to change.  Sad to see that many of these 30 year old can't seem to deviate from it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I think she thought ahead, she just thought she would be married again before the little one went to college.  A case of bad timing.  Her parents' place is just a stopgap until her and O'Malley marry.

Weren't there logistical reasons for them not to marry - he is in another state - was it Kentucky? 

Is she willing to leave Miami where her parents are?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, amarante said:

Yes the most recent episode convinced me that he had a drinking problem. If you don't have a drinking problem, it really is not problem to not drink. It was telling to me when he said that he wasn't the "fun" guy if he wasn't drinking.

The back story on Bali would be interesting. As I recall she had presented herself as a successful businesswoman in the prior seasons. I would imagine the divorce agreement specified that she could stay in the house until the child reached a certain age and moved out - which was what happened. I realize that adults live with parents to a greater extent in the Indian culture but I still can't imagine that any middle aged woman would choose to live with her parents if she had any financial ability to rent an apartment for herself. She must have no income at all - child support probably stopped when the kid became a certain age.

While not Indian myself. I live in a small neighborhood where half are. This is a very common occurrence and preferred by the parents. Now that I think of it, every house on our street has both parents and grown children living together. And the children are more than capable to support themselves. 

• Mind Blown 1

Re: Vishal’s drinking. I do think there’s something more than his Crohn’s. I don’t know if he has a dependency but if his drinking is causing problems (and, it is) then it has reached the level of abuse.

Amrit said something that struck a chord- (paraphrased) “If Vishal had a drinking problem, you would think his partner would not drink, as a show of support”

Years ago, I was friends with a couple. Eventually, it was revealed that the husband had a “problem”. He was in and out of the ER; sometimes he would miss work because of “migraines” (aka, hungover). My friend would not stop drinking and not only that- she kept alcohol (and plenty of it) in her house. Her thought was, “why should I stop because he has a problem”

Now, the crazy thing is, they were both psychologists and you would think that the wife would have known better (since the husband was so far gone into his addiction). Eventually, they divorced and he died a few years later due to his alcoholism. It’s all incredibly sad.

bringing it back to the show; Vishal very well may have a significant problem and Richa may be too naive and (dare I say) selfish to make any changes on her end. It’s going to be a continuing, vicious cycle. He can say he doesn’t want to lie to her and will be upfront about his drinking, but they had an agreement for him NOT to. The fact that he can’t go out to a dinner or a brunch without having a drink is very eyebrow raising. If you don’t have a drinking problem and know that it’s a sore spot in your brand new marriage, what’s the big deal about not drinking for a while?

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Yeah Rich is a liar and quite obviously to anyone with eyes and a brain, a cheater.

Why is her dad putting this pressure on him to get engaged?  Forcing him to get engaged is weird.  Who wants a forced engagement?
Again, I really dislike Monica’s dad.  He’s coming off really bad these days.

Who says they will cut off the dick off their daughter’s boyfriend?  I’ve been cheated on by a boyfriend, and my dad did not mutilate the dude.  I don’t think I even told him because why does my dad need to know any of that?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2

I was actually giving Rish the benefit of the doubt (chalking the rumors up to producer-driven shenanigans) until he looked Monica right in the eye and said that Brian hadn’t given him the heads up until just that morning.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I was actually giving Rish the benefit of the doubt (chalking the rumors up to producer-driven shenanigans) until he looked Monica right in the eye and said that Brian hadn’t given him the heads up until just that morning.  

Agreed. If Rish lied about when he heard I think he'd lie about cheating. Dude showed the world he is a liar.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Why is her dad putting this pressure on him to get engaged?  Forcing him to get engaged is weird.  Who wants a forced engagement?

I still like Raj, but I agree. That whole setup was odd. There's a rumor that your daughter is being cheated on, so you pressure her cheating-ass boyfriend to propose so he can step up? What? 

Cheating or not, Rishi isn't ready to get married. Stop trying to make it happen. It's disappointing when you're not on the same page as your partner, but once that happens, you have to split. Same thing happened with Dr. Monica and Brian. They're in two different places in life.

OK, so I usually like Amrit, and I don't blame him for being mad at Brian, but I still rolled my eyes at the self-righteousness. You brought up the cheating rumors at brunch, Amrit. And you're on a reality show. Brian picked up the messy baton that you dropped. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Agreed. If Rish lied about when he heard I think he'd lie about cheating. Dude showed the world he is a liar.

It absolutely amazes me when people like on a reality show when there is footage indicating that they lied. 

Are people such habitual liars that they don't even realize they are lying.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 12/4/2022 at 7:35 PM, heatherchandler said:

Yeah Rich is a liar and quite obviously to anyone with eyes and a brain, a cheater.

Who says they will cut off the dick off their daughter’s boyfriend?  I’ve been cheated on by a boyfriend, and my dad did not mutilate the dude.  I don’t think I even told him because why does my dad need to know any of that?

12 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I still like Raj, but I agree. That whole setup was odd. There's a rumor that your daughter is being cheated on, so you pressure her cheating-ass boyfriend to propose so he can step up? What? 

Cheating or not, Rishi isn't ready to get married. Stop trying to make it happen. It's disappointing when you're not on the same page as your partner, but once that happens, you have to split. Same thing happened with Dr. Monica and Brian. They're in two different places in life.

OK, so I usually like Amrit, and I don't blame him for being mad at Brian, but I still rolled my eyes at the self-righteousness. You brought up the cheating rumors at brunch, Amrit. And you're on a reality show. Brian picked up the messy baton that you dropped. 

I think because Raj had his number and it was his way of saying stop fucking around with my daughter. You’re serious? You’re not lying? Prove it. He knew that engagement would never happen.

Raj knew exactly what was up and Rishi is a terrible liar. He was obviously full of it when in the car with Raj, let alone in his scene at the park with Monica.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
Added a thought
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think one reason I like this show so much is that they really do have long histories together. Those photos of Brian and Monica as 11 year olds (!!) That's genuine drama there. Their families are genuinely intertwined. It reminds me in a weird way of original recipe Vanderpump Rules because the stakes do feel more real and immediate when real feelings are involved, compared to some shows where it feels like the so-called "friends' barely know each other.

Also, man, do I dislike Rish. Liar liar. 

Edited by sandwoman
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, amarante said:

It absolutely amazes me when people like on a reality show when there is footage indicating that they lied. 

Are people such habitual liars that they don't even realize they are lying.

Yes & there are a lot of them about, even if telling the truth about something shows them in a good light they still lie about things.

There's a reason the story about the boy crying wolf is so popular & widely used.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thirsty Nicholas isn't wasting any time inserting himself into the drama. He couldn't wait to inform Monica about the cheating. His head-in-hands display was a bit much.

I don't believe that Rishi and Monica have a relationship; I think it's solely a showmance. There's no chemistry there.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Amrit has some nerve. He got the ball rolling on this, discussed it with the two biggest goofballs on the show and then had the audacity to act upset over how far it went. How shitty inviting Brian out to gossip and then disinviting him to the bachelor party. If he was sincere, he would have gone right to Monica following the drunk night that he heard about the rumors. Instead he fed the gossip and pretended to be in agony over it. Fake and phony as shit. Btw, why isn’t  Nicholas working? He needs something more to do than gossip with Amrit. Lazy ass.

Why the hell does Vishal want to be with Richa? The hypocritical frowning suck the fun out of the room shrew is always on his ass and acting like she is so put upon. But she manages to throw plenty of drinks down her gullet while demanding that Vish stays 100% sober. What a complete and utter asshole.

Raj is such a sweetheart. I think his approach was to force the trash take itself out. He knows you can’t push a player into marriage. Hopefully this doesn’t go on too much longer.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Amrit has some nerve. He got the ball rolling on this, discussed it with the two biggest goofballs on the show and then had the audacity to act upset over how far it went. How shitty inviting Brian out to gossip and then disinviting him to the bachelor party. If he was sincere, he would have gone right to Monica following the drunk night that he heard about the rumors. Instead he fed the gossip and pretended to be in agony over it. Fake and phony as shit. Btw, why isn’t  Nicholas working? He needs something more to do than gossip with Amrit. Lazy ass.

Why the hell does Vishal want to be with Richa? The hypocritical frowning suck the fun out of the room shrew is always on his ass and acting like she is so put upon. But she manages to throw plenty of drinks down her gullet while demanding that Vish stays 100% sober. What a complete and utter asshole.

Raj is such a sweetheart. I think his approach was to force the trash take itself out. He knows you can’t push a player into marriage. Hopefully this doesn’t go on too much longer.

I think the difference is that Vishal seems to be exhibiting alcoholic tendencies. I believe he has stated at least twice - if not more - that he needs a drink to become the "fun" guy. This is really one of the hallmarks of alcoholic behavior - when you need the drink because you can't have fun or relax without a drink (or any drug). Most people who don't have drinking problems don't *need* to drink and would be able to very easily go without drinking without it really causing them to feel that they are missing out on something.

Vishal is not a normal drinker in my opinion. When you are falling down drunk - verging on black out drinking - that isn't a healthy lifestyle especially when it appears this is relatively frequent. This isn't have a cocktail before dinner and two glasses of wine - this is getting wasted.

Whether Richa drinks when she is partying or out to dinner is irrelevant. She wasn't completely wasted during the wedding ceremonies.

As for the whole telling or not telling the gossip, as someone who actually did know that her best friend's boyfriend was cheating, it is not always the easiest thing to tell them immediately because often you wind up with the person blaming you. So it is not uncommon to think about how you are going to handle the situation and even discuss the best way to proceed with other friends. It wasn't as if they delayed it so that Monica was in a worst situation than if they had told her immediately. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, amarante said:

I think the difference is that Vishal seems to be exhibiting alcoholic tendencies. I believe he has stated at least twice - if not more - that he needs a drink to become the "fun" guy. This is really one of the hallmarks of alcoholic behavior - when you need the drink because you can't have fun or relax without a drink (or any drug). Most people who don't have drinking problems don't *need* to drink and would be able to very easily go without drinking without it really causing them to feel that they are missing out on something.

Vishal is not a normal drinker in my opinion. When you are falling down drunk - verging on black out drinking - that isn't a healthy lifestyle especially when it appears this is relatively frequent. This isn't have a cocktail before dinner and two glasses of wine - this is getting wasted.

Whether Richa drinks when she is partying or out to dinner is irrelevant. She wasn't completely wasted during the wedding ceremonies.

As for the whole telling or not telling the gossip, as someone who actually did know that her best friend's boyfriend was cheating, it is not always the easiest thing to tell them immediately because often you wind up with the person blaming you. So it is not uncommon to think about how you are going to handle the situation and even discuss the best way to proceed with other friends. It wasn't as if they delayed it so that Monica was in a worst situation than if they had told her immediately. 

Vishal has always been one to get drunk when out with his friends. It’s not up to me to say he has a problem, he may. However, Richa is acting like this has come out of nowhere when she’s been dealing with this for years. There was no reason to have that wedding (other than Bravo). Now she doesn’t want to sign the marriage license. Well why the hell did she marry him? I would love it if Vishal told her to fuck off with her scowl faced mama and go be an uppity ass bitch somewhere else.

I would have agreed with you about Amrit but that’s when he had me fooled that he’s this nice guy. He’s not. He’s a sanctimonious attention grabbing prick with a lazy ass gossipy fiancé with nothing to do but cause trouble. I no longer buy the bullshit he is selling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Monica, stop being dickmatized. She's the type of person that has to catch the cheater  actually in bed with the cheatee in order to believe it's true. Otherwise, she'll keep the blinders on. 

Why wouldn't Richa and Vishal sign the marriage certificate and get legal before the big, gazillion dollar celebration? Stupid. 

I don't love any of these people as much as I did last season. That includes the mothers. It's nice to be close with your family but all of them seem to be a little emotionally stunted and immature because of their attachments to their parents. Not healthy. Anisha had the right idea. Move away, concentrate on your relationship and visit the family knowing you can get the hell out of there when you want.  

20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I would have agreed with you about Amrit but that’s when he had me fooled that he’s this nice guy. He’s not. He’s a sanctimonious attention grabbing prick with a lazy ass gossipy fiancé with nothing to do but cause trouble. I no longer buy the bullshit he is selling.

Exactly! Why isn't his fiance working? He was a teacher before moving in with Amrit. He gave that up to move in with Amrit but that's no excuse not to work. Does he just sit home all day and do nothing? Wtf is that about? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly! Why isn't his fiance working? He was a teacher before moving in with Amrit. He gave that up to move in with Amrit but that's no excuse not to work. Does he just sit home all day and do nothing? Wtf is that about? 

He said he'd be planning the wedding for a few months.  I imagine it takes a while to find a new job after moving, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, izabella said:

He said he'd be planning the wedding for a few months.  I imagine it takes a while to find a new job after moving, too

How hard would it be to find a teaching position in Miami? I also don't think you need to be unemployed in order to plan a wedding. Fully employed people do it all the time! What ever works for them I guess. 

• Like 3

He's earning a salary from this show, so it's not like he's not bringing any money in.  He has time to find the right job for him.  They don't seem to be hurting for money, in any case, so he might just want one job at a time, and this show is it while they plan their wedding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3