Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

Family Karma

Recommended Posts

On 6/4/2021 at 12:39 PM, bichonblitz said:

I like Monica's Drake lookalike boyfriend. Don't care for the two new brothers. 

Shaan was part of last season; it's Dillon that's new (and messy).

I certainly hope Anisha didn't get a nose job because her nose is long and thin to begin with (and was thin last season too).

Dillon is messy, moldy and mildewy.  Next.

If Vishal started imitating Dillon and his flaming ways, nobody would think it was light shade.  All of them would be blasting Vishal.

I can see why Anisha & Bali think/thought Monica 1 was fake. She spent all last season cultivating this good girl image "OMG don't be telling people I was in the room with Brian because of my reputation" but on season 2, episode 1 she's all "I can spend the night with my boyfriend, my dad doesn't run me?"  No ma'am, something in the water ain't clean and I don't mind if Anisha and Bali filter it out.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I can see why Anisha & Bali think/thought Monica 1 was fake. She spent all last season cultivating this good girl image "OMG don't be telling people I was in the room with Brian because of my reputation" but on season 2, episode 1 she's all "I can spend the night with my boyfriend, my dad doesn't run me?"  No ma'am, something in the water ain't clean and I don't mind if Anisha and Bali filter it out.

I believe that all had more to do fact that they all knew she had a boyfriend last season and yet they continued to push the stupid storyline that she was super into Brian even though she repeatedly told him that she was only wanted to be friends with him. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I believe that all had more to do fact that they all knew she had a boyfriend last season and yet they continued to push the stupid storyline that she was super into Brian even though she repeatedly told him that she was only wanted to be friends with him. 

The Brian storyline is actually mostly irrelevant to the issue: Monica was selling a "I'm a Good Indian Girl" narrative not just to the viewers but apparently to those in her community.

Anisha saying Monica was in Brian's room was damaging to that narrative.  That's why Monica blew up at Anisha.

Anisha was tired of the narrative because she feels she is being compared to Good Girl Monica by her mother (and possibly others) but Anisha and Bali knew that's not the true story.

In addition, apparently Brian's mom was side eyeing Monica 1,too.

I'm not saying that women spending the night at their boyfriends or having sex means they are "bad" girls but if you see some chick perpetrating an "I'm a Good(tm) Girl" narrative about herself and you know that's not the case...

So it's interesting to see Monica's new narrative of "I'm Grown And I Can Spend The Night At My Boyfriend's House If I Want To." I think Monica was spinning that narrative to Rishi and Anisha claiming Monica was spending time in Brian's room (true or not) would've jeopardized what she had going on with Rishi.

I don't think Bali and Anisha were only trying to perpetrate a storyline with Brian and Monica 1.  I think Bali & Anisha don't like the fact they are labeled bad/risque/etc for having boyfriends and failed marriages/relationships, not being married etc but Monica is labeled "good" even though Monica is apparently out here living just like they are.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Anisha was tired of the narrative because she feels she is being compared to Good Girl Monica by her mother (and possibly others) but Anisha and Bali knew that's not the true story.

Anisha is the one who kept pushing that narrative on to Monica in addition to the Brian storyline. 

Not to mention Anisha’s entire role last season was either fake as fuck (her fashion line), misleading Vishnal was the son her dad never had and he liked him better (she has a brother and a sister), or petty garbage (upset at V for not telling her something that literally had nothing to do with her) she doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I don't get why they always paint Vishal to be such a loser. He's actually a very successful commercial real estate sales broker IRL.  I wish they would show that side of him. He can do better than that bitch and her bitch mother. 

Definitely. I don't follow any of them off the show, but Vishal needs to get out of that relationship. If he doesn't, and by some miracle they still get married, I hope he knows that he'll be marrying Lopa 2.0.

Vishal looked so defeated this episode. I wanted someone to give him a hug. No one likes starting over, but it's necessary, because the current situation isn't working out. Dating is a cesspool, and nine years wasted is tough to swallow, but better a failed engagement than a messy divorce and a MIL from hell.

You can't be with someone who doesn't respect you.

I'm already not a fan of Dillon. I didn't mind Shaan sticking up for his brother, however, I hope he got the full story about what Dillon said about Vishal. It wasn't "fun" shade at all.

I like how Anisha is allowing Monica to live rent-free in her mind but Monica couldn't care less about her. That's usually how these things go. They don't like each other and that's fine, but if you're going to be cordial, Anisha, there's no need to give a speech about it. And then calling Monica's boyfriend Dollar Store Drake? Girl, you invite the drama that you claim you don't want to be a part of.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, calling someone 'Dollar Store' anything is not a compliment no matter how many times you tell them 'but in a good way'.  If I were Drake she'd be dead to me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I really like the entire cast except for Dillon.  Vishal was wrong in threatening violence but I get it after he explained the big brother angle. 

I'm loving Anisha, Brian, Ashrit, and Vishal, and I'm actually surprised at how much I like Bali!

I also really like Monica. I don't mind she ran a bit of a narrative. It was harmless. But, I understand that the others were frustrated by it.

My heart tugs a bit for Vishal.  He seems a bit lost in life. Therapy seems like a good place for him right now.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, what are everyone’s thoughts on Reshma (Vishal’s mother)? She rubs me the wrong way. She came into the Patel house with a chip on her shoulder, for sure. Don’t come to a social gathering at someone’s house if you haven’t resolved whatever is going on with the host. She had to have known the whole kid issue would be brought up.

Bali is messy, she didn’t have to go to the bathroom.

The entire Patel clan is insufferable. Can’t stand the mom.

The thumb and the coconut story had me rolling (and kind of freaked out).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/7/2021 at 2:05 AM, biakbiak said:

Not to mention Anisha’s entire role last season was either fake as fuck (her fashion line), misleading Vishnal was the son her dad never had and he liked him better (she has a brother and a sister),

I never knew that! I thought for sure she was an only child. 

I kept yelling at the TV to Vish's mom. Tell them exactly what was said and why Vish reacted the way he did!! But she wouldn't, she just walked out and  kept it to herself and let the other aunties think Vish was in the wrong. Pissed me off!

What exactly are "aunties"? Is it a respectful way of addressing the older female's in the Indian culture? They are not all related, right? I'm a bit confused on that. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

So, what are everyone’s thoughts on Reshma (Vishal’s mother)? She rubs me the wrong way. She came into the Patel house with a chip on her shoulder, for sure. Don’t come to a social gathering at someone’s house if you haven’t resolved whatever is going on with the host. She had to have known the whole kid issue would be brought up.

I don't mind Reshma, but I see where Vishal gets his pushover qualities from. I want her to stand tall and defend her son/herself. I'm over this whole making Dillon the victim when he started this whole thing by talking shit about Vishal. 

I do not understand Richa's endgame here. She gave the ring back, she thinks Vishal is immature (I can see that) and inattentive, yet, she's still keeping this charade going. I mean, once the ring is returned, as far as I'm concerned, the relationship is over. Maybe she's just holding on to Vishal as a backup while she's on the lookout for someone who's more on her level? I don't know, but their relationship is toxic and uncomfortable to watch. Vishal acting like a wounded dog trying to win Lopa's love, his constant fighting with Richa, and apparently being banned from Lopa's home in Memphis is too much. I don't know what the hell Anisha was talking about when she said that Vishal and Richa are made for each other. 

The one criticism I have with this show is that we're missing parts of the story. Last week, Amrit said that he introduced Richa and Vishal, so I was under the impression that they didn't know each other. But last night, Dillon knew Lopa and said that she still terrifies him, and his mother and Vishal's mother go way back, so was Lopa always a part of their community? If so, since they're all close-knit, wouldn't Vishal have known Lopa and Richa growing up as well? 

Lopa thinks that Vishal is a bum, and Richa said in her talking head that she didn't care if he wanted to be a stay at home husband and take care of the kids. Has Vishal mentioned quitting his job once he and Richa marry? 

Are we going to hear about Anisha's business this season or is her storyline this time about freezing her eggs? She's another one who has holes in her story.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

The one criticism I have with this show is that we're missing parts of the story. Last week, Amrit said that he introduced Richa and Vishal, so I was under the impression that they didn't know each other. But last night, Dillon knew Lopa and said that she still terrifies him, and his mother and Vishal's mother go way back, so was Lopa always a part of their community? If so, since they're all close-knit, wouldn't Vishal have known Lopa and Richa growing up as well? 

Lopa never lived in the greater Miami area. She lives in Tennessee, and the cast know her through Vishal.

What a villain entrance the producers gave Lopa! These folks certainly aren't pulling any punches. As wrong as Lopa is for a lot of her behavior, Reshma P. does rub me the wrong way--but she was certainly in her right to stand up for her son who had been badly slandered by that simpering twit Dillon, who had the nerve to show his face at happy hour. If I were him I would have been sure to have plans outside the house at that very time, but I suppose that's how much of a famewhore he is. 

I thought Shaan and Dillon's mother was being all extra like her boys, in hopes of securing camera time. I don't like Mama Patel from what I've seen of her. I'm cool with Aunty Chitra and Dharma, though (minus the latter repeatedly calling Monica a "prick tease.")

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What exactly are "aunties"? Is it a respectful way of addressing the older female's in the Indian culture? They are not all related, right? I'm a bit confused on that. 

Yes it is a respect thing (though some women use it as shade like Bali calling them Auntie when she’s only a few years younger). I grew up calling all Indian people my parents’ age and older Auntie or Uncle, even after just meeting them.  And I still do.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Yes it is a respect thing (though some women use it as shade like Bali calling them Auntie when she’s only a few years younger). I grew up calling all Indian people my parents’ age and older Auntie or Uncle, even after just meeting them.  And I still do.

So, I was wondering about that. Like, she makes these statements how she hangs with both the kids and the parents but I wondered if the parents get annoyed by her (like, “Bitch please, you’re MY age”) or something. I’d never call my friends who are 5-10 years older than me “Auntie”.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I don't mind Reshma, but I see where Vishal gets his pushover qualities from. I want her to stand tall and defend her son/herself. I'm over this whole making Dillon the victim when he started this whole thing by talking shit about Vishal. 

 

I don’t see her as a pushover; in fact, I think it’s the opposite. By her being so closed off, she controls what is discussed or not discussed. She says she doesn’t have an issue with Lopa, she “loves” Lopa and I call BS. She did the same thing last year- when things got uncomfortable she shut down the producer and her questions. She stays closed mouth, she walks away. She exerts a lot of control and power by not saying anything but creates a lot of tension as a result.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2021 at 9:39 AM, bichonblitz said:

Something's different about her face. Maybe some lip fillers, also? She still has that overgrown hairline on the sides of her head, I'm surprised she didn't have that lasered off. Like the Kardashians did.  

I don't get why they always paint Vishal to be such a loser. He's actually a very successful commercial real estate sales broker IRL.  I wish they would show that side of him. He can do better than that bitch and her bitch mother. 

I like Monica's Drake lookalike boyfriend. Don't care for the two new brothers. 

The parents and grands still rule!!

I only just found out that the second season of this show has already aired.  I'm so happy.  I love this show, and just hope that BRAVO doesn't ruin it like it's done with every other show in their Bravosphere.

I've always wished this was more of a show about the parents and grandparents, with the kids being the secondary cast members.  The aunties are too cute for words.  I don't believe there's any "trashy" cast members.  Everyone on this show seems to be well-educated, well-spoken, respectful of their seniors, and mannerly (especially how main Monica was speaking about how to behave when one is a guest in someone else's home at Brian's birthday party).

Bali cracks me up in how much she does NOT want to be considered part of the aunties group, and how she bristles whenever anyone says that she is an "auntie".  I mean, when she was yelling out "Auntie" Reshma in the second episode where Reshma was sneaking out of the rich lady's house party, I'm saying to myself, "Self, Bali's closer in age to Reshma than she is to the youngsters, so who does she think she's fooling by referring to one of the other older lady's as HER 'auntie'?" LOL  However, because she thus far has not been obnoxious about it, so let her have it.  I think that's what the other "aunties" think as well, since they don't seem too bothered by when Bali does that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/2/2021 at 9:16 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m so upset there isn’t an ongoing discussion! Did anyone watch the new episode?

I love this show; the way they all interact with one another and their respective families is great. I love Bali, she cracks me up. She’s only a few years older than me but she seems older...and younger. Love her.

Vishaal continues to be an idiot, Anisha seems to have calmed down some. I’m not feeling the new kid, Dillon. Very affected & I don’t think that he was a necessary addition (but Vishaal can take a few seats. Someone is trying too hard to prove he’s “macho”). Brian and Monica (and Monica), not much to say but his mom cracks me up.

His brother Shaa [SP] and I think also his ugly girlfriend appeared a few times on the first season, but not as main cast members, which surprised me, because Shaa was touted as being from an extremely wealthy family, and that would usually be right up BRAVO's alley, wanting to cast "money".  I wonder if they at first didn't want to be on the show, but now have changed their mind, or how it came about that that whole family is now on season 2.

For whatever reason they're appearing, I don't like any of them.  Not the sneaky mother who backstabbed Reshma, the garish father, the obnoxious kid brother, Shaa, or his really ugly girlfriend.  She came across to me as ugly inside as well, and being already ugly physically, her ugliness is compounded by her ugly personality.

In all honesty, BOTH Vishal AND obnoxious try-hard Dillon were in the wrong, but Dillon and his brother were MORE wrong.  Vishal may have been trying to overcompensate for being too easygoing and laid back, but that little s**t Dillon was wrong, one, for saying the things that he said, two, for not really showing remorse or displaying believable sorriness when he "apologized" to Vishal (apoligized is in quotes, because I don't believe he was one iota sorry), and three, how he misrepresented to Anisha during the car ride to Brian's party the whole thing that went down between him and Vishal.  I really do believe that Vishal was not offended about being termed gay (he is, after all, BFFs with Amrit).  I think he was really offended about being talked about, and in a negative manner, by someone he deemed a little brother to himself.

The less I see of the Dillon/Shaa family, the happier I will be.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

For whatever reason they're appearing, I don't like any of them.  Not the sneaky mother who backstabbed Reshma, the garish father, the obnoxious kid brother, Shaa, or his really ugly girlfriend.  She came across to me as ugly inside as well, and being already ugly physically, her ugliness is compounded by her ugly personality.

Five forms of the word ugly in one paragraph!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Reshma felt ambushed by Lopa being at the Patel’s house, with no warning from her good friend. Then the conversation is all focused on how Vishal had dared to threaten Dillon, with only Amrit’s mother sticking up for Vishal.

I think the producers read all the positive comments about how everyone loved the older generation the first season and now there will be scenes focused on the social lives of the parents.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

I think the producers read all the positive comments about how everyone loved the older generation the first season and now there will be scenes focused on the social lives of the parents.

yeah, I do enjoy the parents but feel it's a little bit over kill. I don't want to see the parents fighting with other parents. I want to see them and the relationships they have with their kids.  Leave it to BRAVO to take something good and run it into the ground. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think there's anything wrong with the aunties interacting as peers as opposed to acting maternal with the "kids." I do wish Reshma would have spoken up on Vishal's behalf. Dillon seems to be getting off easy here. I think he's a little shit. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

His brother Shaa [SP] and I think also his ugly girlfriend appeared a few times on the first season, but not as main cast members, which surprised me, because Shaa was touted as being from an extremely wealthy family, and that would usually be right up BRAVO's alley, wanting to cast "money".  I wonder if they at first didn't want to be on the show, but now have changed their mind, or how it came about that that whole family is now on season 2.

For whatever reason they're appearing, I don't like any of them.  Not the sneaky mother who backstabbed Reshma, the garish father, the obnoxious kid brother, Shaa, or his really ugly girlfriend.  She came across to me as ugly inside as well, and being already ugly physically, her ugliness is compounded by her ugly personality.

In all honesty, BOTH Vishal AND obnoxious try-hard Dillon were in the wrong, but Dillon and his brother were MORE wrong.  Vishal may have been trying to overcompensate for being too easygoing and laid back, but that little s**t Dillon was wrong, one, for saying the things that he said, two, for not really showing remorse or displaying believable sorriness when he "apologized" to Vishal (apoligized is in quotes, because I don't believe he was one iota sorry), and three, how he misrepresented to Anisha during the car ride to Brian's party the whole thing that went down between him and Vishal.  I really do believe that Vishal was not offended about being termed gay (he is, after all, BFFs with Amrit).  I think he was really offended about being talked about, and in a negative manner, by someone he deemed a little brother to himself.

The less I see of the Dillon/Shaa family, the happier I will be.

Lol, she was barely on screen, what is it about her that brought on such a strong reaction?

Can’t stand Shaan and Dillon, they can get off my screen & never return. We didn’t need them to be brought on full time. Same with their shit-stirring mother and their ugly/creepy family statues.

But, why do you hate Pooja so much? 😂 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Lol, she was barely on screen, what is it about her that brought on such a strong reaction?

Can’t stand Shaan and Dillon, they can get off my screen & never return. We didn’t need them to be brought on full time. Same with their shit-stirring mother and their ugly/creepy family statues.

But, why do you hate Pooja so much? 😂 

I had the same reaction. There’s just something about her that was a complete turn-off.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

But, why do you hate Pooja so much? 😂 

I am not the original poster but I don’t care for her, either.  Last episode at the party she involved herself in the fight that didn’t concern her and tried to insert herself physically for no reason.  She was all up in their business and aggressively so.  The others were arguing but she took it to a whole other level and I was like back off, girl.   I think she is probably trying to become part of the main cast not just girlfriend of.   It’s a no from me, dawg.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

One more thing, am I the only one who thinks this whole Vishal threatened violence at Dillon getting blown WAY out of proportion?  As far as we have been shown, Vishal does not appear to be a hot head or violent person.  So for him to say “I’m gonna kick your ass,” or whatever it was.  Is that really worth all this “concern”?   Is there ANY reason to believe Vishal was going to exact a beat down on Dillon?  Seriously.

I mean, if I’m being honest, I am not a violent person AT ALL, but my mouth can be a different story.  Doesn’t mean all my friends should run and hide and freak out if I get a little worked up from time to time lol.  FFS, I’ve had to pull the mom voice “get over here now before I whup your rear,” on occasion to my kiddo.  Not my finest moment but not any reason to think I would perpetrate or act on it, either.  These people need to let it gooooo.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

One more thing, am I the only one who thinks this whole Vishal threatened violence at Dillon getting blown WAY out of proportion?  As far as we have been shown, Vishal does not appear to be a hot head or violent person.  So for him to say “I’m gonna kick your ass,” or whatever it was.  Is that really worth all this “concern”?   Is there ANY reason to believe Vishal was going to exact a beat down on Dillon?  Seriously.

I mean, if I’m being honest, I am not a violent person AT ALL, but my mouth can be a different story.  Doesn’t mean all my friends should run and hide and freak out if I get a little worked up from time to time lol.  FFS, I’ve had to pull the mom voice “get over here now before I whup your rear,” on occasion to my kiddo.  Not my finest moment but not any reason to think I would perpetrate or act on it, either.  These people need to let it gooooo.

There was a brief comment (I think made by Richa?) about his anger issues. I do think that he has a lot of pent up anger and aggression stemming from issues with his brother and general feelings of insecurity. Lopa called him a loser on national tv and Shaan/Dillon’s mom referred to him as a free loader (I forget the word she used)- probably looked upon that way in the community 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

There was a brief comment (I think made by Richa?) about his anger issues. I do think that he has a lot of pent up anger and aggression stemming from issues with his brother and general feelings of insecurity. Lopa called him a loser on national tv and Shaan/Dillon’s mom referred to him as a free loader (I forget the word she used)- probably looked upon that way in the community 

I still think they are over reacting, but I’m not there so who knows. Richa and her mom have their own agenda, so I don’t take anything they say at face value.  They have wanted to paint him a certain way from the get go, and to me they have their own boat load of issues themselves.  Neither appear to be likable. 

As for calling him a freeloader….???  Da fuq?  And what exactly is her precious son Dillon, then?  😂

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I still think they are over reacting, but I’m not there so who knows. Richa and her mom have their own agenda, so I don’t take anything they say at face value.  They have wanted to paint him a certain way from the get go, and to me they have their own boat load of issues themselves.  Neither appear to be likable. 

As for calling him a freeloader….???  Da fuq?  And what exactly is her precious son Dillon, then?  😂

“Moved back to Miami because it didn’t make sense to pay SF rent”= I’m a famewhore and I want to be on tv.

Cannot stand that family. Brian called Shaan out as pretentious last season and Dillon was on briefly (Amrit said they made out once or twice!) but they both (the whole family) walk around thinking their shit doesn’t stink. Not a fan, at all. I’m also not a fan of Vishal’s mom, though I’m feeling bad for Vishal because I think he’s been a punching bag his entire life.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

One more thing, am I the only one who thinks this whole Vishal threatened violence at Dillon getting blown WAY out of proportion?  As far as we have been shown, Vishal does not appear to be a hot head or violent person.  So for him to say “I’m gonna kick your ass,” or whatever it was.  Is that really worth all this “concern”?   Is there ANY reason to believe Vishal was going to exact a beat down on Dillon?  Seriously.

I mean, if I’m being honest, I am not a violent person AT ALL, but my mouth can be a different story.  Doesn’t mean all my friends should run and hide and freak out if I get a little worked up from time to time lol.  FFS, I’ve had to pull the mom voice “get over here now before I whup your rear,” on occasion to my kiddo.  Not my finest moment but not any reason to think I would perpetrate or act on it, either.  These people need to let it gooooo.

At most I could see a noogie or purple nurple.  I just don’t see it getting physical at all.  I agree that he was just really upset about someone he considered family talking about him maybe with a motive to stir up drama to get on the show now that I think about it...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m also not a fan of Vishal’s mom, though I’m feeling bad for Vishal because I think he’s been a punching bag his entire life.

Makes perfect sense. That's why he chose a woman like whatshername. She treats him like a punching bag, too. It's all he thinks he deserves.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Vishal needs to run away from this relationship. Being Indian American myself, I do get the vibes that Vishal is a closeted gay man that is too scared to come out to his family (he also lacks the confidence). I think Lopa knows this and, understandably, does not want her daughter involved. I’ve had family friends arrange their gay children to straight women in the hopes of “curing” them and they end up ruining both peoples’ lives. So sad. 

I am enjoying the Auntie drama. Indian aunties are so damn gossipy and have no boundaries. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Vishal needs to run away from this relationship. Being Indian American myself, I do get the vibes that Vishal is a closeted gay man that is too scared to come out to his family (he also lacks the confidence). I think Lopa knows this and, understandably, does not want her daughter involved. I’ve had family friends arrange their gay children to straight women in the hopes of “curing” them and they end up ruining both peoples’ lives. So sad. 

I am enjoying the Auntie drama. Indian aunties are so damn gossipy and have no boundaries. 

I agree & think that’s one reason Amrit is so protective of him.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

S02.E03: So You Think You Can Garba

Quote

After months of fighting, Vishal and Richa sit down in an attempt to salvage their broken relationship. Anisha, with her eggs now successfully frozen, tests the dating waters, as Monica plans a Navratri celebration on the beach - but not everyone makes the guest list.

Airdate: 06.16.2021

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

“Moved back to Miami because it didn’t make sense to pay SF rent”= I’m a famewhore and I want to be on tv.

Cannot stand that family. Brian called Shaan out as pretentious last season and Dillon was on briefly (Amrit said they made out once or twice!) but they both (the whole family) walk around thinking their shit doesn’t stink. Not a fan, at all. I’m also not a fan of Vishal’s mom, though I’m feeling bad for Vishal because I think he’s been a punching bag his entire life.

Dillon = So true, but I can't blame him. I'd have done the same :)

Vishal's mom = I feel there is something we aren't seeing about Vishal's life that might explain his lack of direction.  The mother, the father, the brother, or some experience external to the family or maybe just not knowing what career path he wanted to take when acting didn't work out. He seems to struggle a bit.

I don't want to weigh in on Vishal's sexuality. I'm taking him at face value.  I see gentle and kind and "soft" for lack of a better word, and these are different from effeminity.  I know men like Vishal who are heterosexual. I don't really care one way or another.  I'm team Vishal either way.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I don't want to weigh in on Vishal's sexuality. We just really don't know.  I see gentle and kind and "soft" for lack of a better word, but these are different from effeminity. 

Right, we don't know.  Only Vishal can say that, and so far he's not even coming close to saying that.  Effeminateness is on the spectrums for both gay men and straight men.  There are plenty of straight men who are gentle, kind and soft.  And sometimes the phrase "I have excellent gaydar" translates to "I ascribe to pernicious gay stereotypes".

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

And sometimes the phrase "I have excellent gaydar" translates to "I ascribe to pernicious gay stereotypes".

Thank you!  When I hear someone say that, especially about someone they don't know or on TV, I want to scream.  It's like everyone has to be in a box and they have decided what box someone else fits in because of some stereotype they're obsessed with.  It's a 'you don't think you're gay but my hetero self knows better than you do and I hereby declare you gay'.

If this Vishal - Dillon controversy is going to be a thing this season I'm not sure I want to watch it. All it does is piss me off and I don't watch these type of shows to get mad, I watch to have some harmless fun and escapism. I find myself engaged with the show but not in a good way.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Right, we don't know.  Only Vishal can say that, and so far he's not even coming close to saying that.  Effeminateness is on the spectrums for both gay men and straight men.  There are plenty of straight men who are gentle, kind and soft.  And sometimes the phrase "I have excellent gaydar" translates to "I ascribe to pernicious gay stereotypes".

Agree, I don’t even think he’s effiminate, but… well, no need to further speculate!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If Brian thinks of Monica as a sister, then this is one helluva weird conversation about them having sex.  Dr. Monica needs to run. 

How old are these people? The level of moochiness is appalling. 

First Zoom date and Amish/a talking about kids - that’s too fast even for Indians. 

Gimme some of gramps - he’s the best part. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

First Zoom date and Amish/a talking about kids - that’s too fast even for Indians. 

I was OK with this. They're both in their 30s, so no need to beat around the bush. 

 

7 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

If Brian thinks of Monica as a sister, then this is one helluva weird conversation about them having sex.  Dr. Monica needs to run. 

This goes back to what I mentioned before about this show having holes in the story. Brian let it slip that Monica and her boyfriend have been together for 2 years. So, the whole storyline about him liking her last season was clearly fake. Then he said, "you ever wonder why we didn't work out?" Which I also found surprising because that confirmed that they dated previously. The narrative last season was Monica liked Brian years ago, he curbed her, and then he had a change of heart, but now she was no longer interested. 

I get that it's reality tv, so everything is contrived, but at least get the story straight. 

I may have to soften how I feel towards Richa. Getting her side of what happened with Vishal made me understand why she's upset. I still think that they're ridiculous, but her issue is that Vishal isn't pulling his weight in the relationship. She flies to Miami to see him, but he barely comes to Memphis to see her. They've been engaged for what, 2 years? and there's been no talk of setting a date or buying a home? 

Since I don't follow any of them off the show, I have no idea if Richa and Vishal are currently wedding planning, or if it's new year/same shit. I don't know, I think Richa may have to cut her losses here. If your partner doesn't step up before you're married, I doubt things will change once I do's happen. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

This goes back to what I mentioned before about this show having holes in the story. Brian let it slip that Monica and her boyfriend have been together for 2 years.

Sloppy editors didn't catch that, I picked up on it, too! Sadly, there must be some storylines that are specifically scripted for the show. Did Anisha really freeze her eggs? lol

6 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

She flies to Miami to see him, but he barely comes to Memphis to see her

Didn't Vishal say that he wasn't allowed to stay at Richa's mom's house when he visits, he has to get a hotel room? That would piss me off, too. So I guess Richa stil lives at home? 

I don't know much about Indian culture but it seems that the moms have a very strong presence in the household. They are the bosses and everybody better stay in line. Kids and husbands alike and I love it!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Please explain “beard game strong.”  Is it some style of beard?  I don’t find beards attractive so I don’t get it. 
It was pretty funny when Anisha was tricked into revealing her endless list of date qualifications.  What was up with her odd pompadour hairstyle?  Not attractive. Especially with those upper sideburns still peeking out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, GussieK said:

 

Please explain “beard game strong.”  

 

It’s people speculating that some of the men are gay and therefore the woman they are partnered with are “beards” implying that they are trying to pass as heterosexual. The language tends to be problematic for a variety of reasons and specifically across cultural lines. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s people speculating that some of the men are gay and therefore the woman they are partnered with are “beards” implying that they are trying to pass as heterosexual. The language tends to be problematic for a variety of reasons and specifically across cultural lines. 

I don’t think that was the same use of beard I’m describing. I thought Both Anisha and Dillon were using “beard game strong” to describe a beard style they found attractive in the men they would date. I’d like to know what that would look like. Dillon is openly gay. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, GussieK said:

Dillon is openly gay. 

Gay people routinely use the term for meaning people in the close.

 I clearly misunderstood the context of the question.

Edited by biakbiak

Share this post


Link to post

I personally have used the expression "strong beard game" to mean a guy has a nice, well-groomed beard which makes him even more attractive!  If there's some other hidden meaning to it, that's news to me!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Anisha and Dillon taking those photos looked like 2 Addams family rejects.  I mean, I'm an old, but isn't the point to try to look attractive?  Not mope at the camera?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

When someone says their 'X' game is strong they mean that they excel at whatever 'X' is. On one of the Teen Mom franchises a sixteen year old girl said she hadn't used a condom because her date assured her that 'his pull-out game was strong'. (Tragic and hysterical at the same time.) So if actual facial hair was on display or on the men being discussed then that is the most likely meaning of that line. It's a common phrase I hear all the time. The word 'beard' is used to describe a woman who 'shields' a gay man from scrutiny if he is closeted but I would not pick that meaning over the usual one if actual facial hair was also there.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Vishal and Richa need to admit that it's over. I think both are stuck in thinking "we've been together for 9 yeaaars, so we got to work this out" but it's over. Marriage is about more than love and attraction but I don't see this there and I don't even see like genuine friendship. Just call it off! 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think Vishal and Richa are comfortable with letting each be true to themselves around each other. However, I think Richa is more driven than Vishal, and his passivity is driving her a bit crazy. If they truly want to get married, they should set a schedule like “pick a date by July, find a venue by August, etc.”

I also think Vishal is very comfortable around decision-making women and it works for him. I am much more the planner in my long-term marriage (25 years) and that’s the way it works best for us.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

S02.E04 : Resting Witch Face

Quote

When Amrit and Nicholas throw a Halloween housewarming party, long simmering tensions in the friend group finally come to a head. Meanwhile, Brian begins to question his relationship, and Monica visits her mom as she tries to repair her fractured family.

Airdate: 06.23.2021

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is the most likable Richa has been in...forever

On 6/17/2021 at 11:09 AM, Sheenieb said:

Brian let it slip that Monica and her boyfriend have been together for 2 years. So, the whole storyline about him liking her last season was clearly fake.

Looks like the tea I reported from IG last year about Monica's bf Rish(i) of some time Karam(chandani) was entirely true after all. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size