Type keyword(s) to search

Family Karma - General Discussion

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Did anyone else catch Anisha on WWHL? She came out guns blazing. She's been married for two months, only Bali has met her husband, and during the "plead the 5th" game, she said that neither Richa/Vishal or Nicholas/Amrit's marriages will last. She also said that Vishal changed for the worse and "the thirst is real."

This season has been boring, but there definitely needs to be a reunion episode. 

It's rough watching two incompatible people try to make a relationship work. You'd think that Richa and Vishal would have worked on their communication and loving each other in their respective love languages after 10 years, but alas... 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lopa's daughter blew off her family for 10 years due to Lopa's lack of affection. 

Bali is the Gizelle Bryant of the series. She's just there. She brings nothing to the show. 

Off to check onDemand for WWHL!

Lopa is a horrible woman, I am not surprised her daughter ran away from her.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
37 minutes ago, sandwoman said:

Even his whining about the last name is getting on my nerves. I kept my last name and I suggested giving our child my last name because it's very unique and important to me. In the end, we gave our kid my husband's last name and I chose the first and middle name. And it's all FINE.

But it's not fine with Nick.  I feel bad for him, in this instance only, because he was being bullied into a decision by his future spouse and in-laws.  The way Amrit was rationalizing getting his way, using his parent's involvement and Nick's parents' lack of involvement, was gross and unfair.

7 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Off to check onDemand for WWHL!

It's so worth it, Anisha wasn't taking any prisoners.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

But it's not fine with Nick.  I feel bad for him, in this instance only, because he was being bullied into a decision by his future spouse and in-laws.  The way Amrit was rationalizing getting his way, using his parent's involvement and Nick's parents' lack of involvement, was gross and unfair.

Yeaah, I get it. I guess his general attitude was just making me unsympathetic. I do feel like this is something they should figure without Amrit's parents around. It's tricky.

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Uugh it’s the only recent episode not showing up.  Damn Andy Cohen to hell.

I watched it about an hour ago. Anisha certainly has strong opinions. If she hasn't done so already, she has now alienated herself from most of the cast. 😂

• Like 3

My DVR records Watch What Happens since Bravo lumps it in with whatever show is before it. Usually I don’t watch it but since some of you recommended it I did. It was actually pretty good. Anisha was definitely one of the better guests I’ve seen. 
I’d like to know the real reason Anisha doesn’t like Monica. I don’t buy her earlier story about Monica being fake on camera because all of them are fake on camera. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I'd like to know the real reason Anisha doesn’t like Monica. I don’t buy her earlier story about Monica being fake on camera because all of them are fake on camera. 

Anisha's no dummy, she knows being on FK will generate a nice revenue stream and be an inexpensive way to market her wares.  She knows the best way to stay on a Bravo reality show is to drum up a conflict with another female co-star. Monica just fits the bill.

• Like 11

Nicholas isn't wrong. Amrit's parents need to take a step back in the wedding planning. But Nicholas isn't well liked, so I think he is losing in the court of public opinion.

And I think Anisha is right. Neither couple looks like they will make it for the long haul. 

That said, I hope they are all happy. And I want to know more about Vishal's thirst.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Nicholas isn't wrong. Amrit's parents need to take a step back in the wedding planning. But Nicholas isn't well liked, so I think he is losing in the court of public opinion.

And I think Anisha is right. Neither couple looks like they will make it for the long haul. 

That said, I hope they are all happy. And I want to know more about Vishal's thirst.

I have seen a lot of support for Nicholas on Reddit and a lot are calling Amrit out for being whiny and self-involved

it’s weird that Anisha was in a 10 year relationship and no one met him. What was her rationale then?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

it’s weird that Anisha was in a 10 year relationship and no one met him. What was her rationale then?

She seems so normal and relatable and then does stuff like this. Weeeeird

• Like 3

Well, that was nice the way Richa and Vishal finally got legally married.  We'll see how it turns out.  In other news, please finally put Monica's ill starred romance out of its misery.  Could there have been anything more awkward than that gondola ride?  They had nothing to talk about.  I think even the gondola driver was shocked.  Rish is a tool.  "She wouldn't want me to propose in the Ft. Lauderdale parking lot (or whatever that was."  Yes she would!  But she should RUN, as we've said before.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
On 1/30/2023 at 6:23 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

In other news, please finally put Monica's ill starred romance out of its misery.  Could there have been anything more awkward than that gondola ride?  They had nothing to talk about.  I think even the gondola driver was shocked.  Rish is a tool.  "She wouldn't want me to propose in the Ft. Lauderdale parking lot (or whatever that was."  Yes she would!  But she should RUN, as we've said before.

Yes, Rishi is fucking with Monica. That was a cruel thing to do. He set up that gondola ride to make it seem as if a proposal was coming, but it was just a date. He could've just taken her to dinner. What an asshole.

On 1/29/2023 at 10:51 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

That was bizarre. I understand not wanting everyone up in her business, but hiding her partner from her childhood friends? What? And he's OK with that? Very strange.

Now that Richa and Vishal are legally married, I hope they can fade into the background and stop bickering. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Like 10
13 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I have seen a lot of support for Nicholas on Reddit and a lot are calling Amrit out for being whiny and self-involved

Maybe I missed something, but I thought when the series started that Anisha had recently moved back home from NYC. She was also single at that point. So if she met her boyfriend while she was living on the other end of the country and she wasn't living in FL or around these folks, the only way they would have met would be if either, they came to NYC and hung out with her or if she brought this mystery man home. In either event, it could be happenstance, especially since her parents and grandparents seem to have met this prior suitor. 

As for now, I feel like this is where reality tv and reality collide. She made it clear on WWHL and in the Holi discussion with Amrit and VIshal that she was protective of her partner's privacy and the impact appearing on the show might have on him. It also seemed like he wasn't excited about appearing either. I feel like viewers take reality tv stars to task for accepting and respecting their family members requests for privacy rather than understanding that not everyone wants to appear on tv. I know one of the doctors on Married to Medicine used to get crap for not including her middle son in the show, when in actuality he said that he did not want to film. We viewers should respect that and let it go. If this guy wants people to know who he is, he can out himself on social media.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I don’t know; I was with my boyfriend for years and lived in across the country; FL is only a 3 hour plane ride from NY. My childhood friends and family met him many times when we were together. If traveled home to FL, one would think he would join her at least once in 10 years and meet the people she supposedly considered lifelong friends. It just seems strange to me.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Maybe I missed something, but I thought when the series started that Anisha had recently moved back home from NYC

Yeah I never heard she was in a 10 yr. relationship. The relationship was kind of new, she moved to Arizona to be with him. They got married rather quickly because of her ticking clock. Her guy doesn't live in Miami and everything was on the fast track. I don't blame her for not wanting her judgemental back stabbing friends to know so much about it. 

Anisha can do no wrong in my book!

• Like 1

She was in a 10 year relationship before the show started. Now she's in a new relationship. While I totally get that her partner doesn't want to be on a reality tv show, she's still being a overly dramatic about how it's all very private and secret. But hey, being dramatic is why she's on tv and I'm not!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

If Rishi loves Monica but he's just not ready to get married they should have a talk about long engagements. And like Lady Danbury said to the Duke if you're not going to propose to the girl let her be with a prince.

• Like 3

I try not to think about the heavy scripting of the show but that awful date had to be set up. I wish she would break up with him. 
I know Nicholas has a right to get irritated with Amrits family but he still gets on my nerves and comes off like a whiny pain. 
Anisha doesn’t need to introduce her boyfriend to the crew but she also doesn’t need to be on the show if she’s not going to go all in. She’s not doing much career wise and she doesn’t like her cast mates. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I think Nicholas lasted approximately two minutes before he inserted his tortured martyr snowflake comment to the pundit and Amrit's parents.

Maybe Anisha didn't bring the previous boyfriend home because she knew he would be criticized and gossiped about. Perhaps it was his race, socioeconomic standing, lack of a job, heck even drugs or alcohol. Perhaps he never fit into her standards, which are based on her community and its pressures.

I noticed when she was looking at dating profiles, one of the images (blurred) was of a guy with tousled long-ish curly hair. They showed that same image later when she was describing her new AZ boyfriend. Was she looking only at Indian profiles on the dating site, or perhaps the new boyfriend is Hispanic or Native American?

No doubt production wants her to spill the goods, and she's trying to keep both sides happy (her Bravo job and her boyfriend's privacy). And hold out for her own Anisha-centric season.

I hope production realizes the Monica engagement episodes are completely unappealing.

I laughed when Bali's mother undeniably told Bali to move out. That's a weird situation there, although Bali is perhaps worried she would not be welcome in the conservative South. She's got the best of two worlds - doting parents who help her out financially and a supportive boyfriend who may do the same.

Vishal seemed joyous and carefree at finally getting married. Perhaps he felt too much pressure during the long wedding-prep season.

I notice that during confrontations the men do not disrepsect or dominate the women. They are accustomed to communicating respectfully with opinionated strong indian women.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

There's no media thread for Family Karma, so I am putting this info about Anisha's future in spoiler tags:

Hide contents

Anisha's husband is Anand Tarpara, MD, a vascular surgeon in Scottsdale.

Spoiler

Good for her.  He looks a little nerdy, and he's a vascular surgeon.  He's apparently younger than she is.  He's an Indian mother's dream.  And clearly not the kind of person who would appear on a Housewife show and would likely not have permission from his employer.  She'll probably quit the show.   

Nothing against nerdy.  My husband is also a nerdy doctor, and I grabbed him when we were undergraduates.  49 years ago.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:
Spoiler

She'll probably quit the show.   

Spoiler

Why would she?  Filming a season of a reality show is usually 14 weeks.  Anisha can stay in AZ for 38 weeks, fly out to Miami, stir the pot, piss some people off, drum up biz for her brand, and fly back to AZ in 14 weeks.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:
  Hide contents

Why would she?  Filming a season of a reality show is usually 14 weeks.  Anisha can stay in AZ for 38 weeks, fly out to Miami, stir the pot, piss some people off, drum up biz for her brand, and fly back to AZ in 14 weeks.

Spoiler

Doctors can be publicity averse (the cast of Married to Medicine excepted, apparently).  I've always been baffled by that show.    If they keep his ID secret, it may work. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
On 1/29/2023 at 10:51 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

She said the one year anniversary of meeting her new boyfriend, now husband was when this season was filming (January to spring of 2022). She was with another boyfriend for 10 years when she was living in New York.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

My superficial thoughts: 

Richa and Vishal finally getting married in that unappealing townhome with no furniture and unpacked boxes all around. Really? Couldn't they go to a park or a beach for this quickie disaster?

Bryan in his new condo with lawn chairs for furniture. 

WTF people! Decorate your homes! 

I also noticed all the parents have outdated homes. They are all big houses but no updates, old kitchens with builder grade appliances, crappy formica countertops and finishes. Yet they spend millions on weddings. Just an observation. 

Bali is a beautiful waste of space. She adds nothing to the show. Does she even have a job? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
39 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I also noticed all the parents have outdated homes. They are all big houses but no updates, old kitchens with builder grade appliances, crappy formica countertops and finishes. Yet they spend millions on weddings. Just an observation. 

This seems weird to me. Usually, those kinds of upgrades occur when you are preparing to sell your home or when something big breaks or needs replacement. I would think that yes, you'd want to help pay for a wedding that is enjoyed by your entire family and community which celebrates the couple, their union and culture before you'd switch to marble countertops or that Viking stove. Food prepared on formica tastes exactly the same...

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

This seems weird to me. Usually, those kinds of upgrades occur when you are preparing to sell your home or when something big breaks or needs replacement. I would think that yes, you'd want to help pay for a wedding that is enjoyed by your entire family and community which celebrates the couple, their union and culture before you'd switch to marble countertops or that Viking stove. Food prepared on formica tastes exactly the same...

And I bet they paid for their children's educations, including those with advanced degrees, which actually may only be Amrit and Risha, and perhaps siblings we don't see.

My kitchen could use an update, but I couldn't care less. I'm no spring chicken and I'd rather spend that money on enjoying life.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

This seems weird to me. Usually, those kinds of upgrades occur when you are preparing to sell your home or when something big breaks or needs replacement

Disagree. People don't always upgrade their homes just because they want to sell. This is a BRAVO series which usually gives us a look inside the lives of the wealthy. I would expect their homes to reflect this. They certainly do on the Real Housewives of Miami.    

• Like 1
On 1/31/2023 at 5:04 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I try not to think about the heavy scripting of the show but that awful date had to be set up. I wish she would break up with him. 

He’s just not that into her. He asked her to move in then changed his mind..  If he really wanted to live with her, he would. He was going to ask her to marry him, but he didn’t.. He doesn’t invite her to a wedding.  Yeah not sure why he’s even pretending at this point.

Shut up Monica’s dad, you are driving her insane with your meddling.  You’re not part of the relationship.  And she knows they are not on the same page.  Him asking Monica “Was SHE invited?” about the other brother girlfriend.  Stay out of it, get a life!!

She’s trying to convince herself that it’s a timing issue, but it’s not.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 7

Oh, no. Another cringe moment between Nicholas and Amrit. That was some scary level of anger for the night before a wedding. No wonder Anisha was saying that relationship won’t last. This was more than proverbial cold feet. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

One of the worst fights I had with my SO was the week before our wedding, and we've managed to last over 15 years. The stress of wedding planning often causes friction between couples. I wouldn't read anything into it beyond that.

• Like 7

Random thoughts:

• Monica's Dad is nicely letting her know that Rish just isn't that into her and if she wants marriage and kids it is time to move on. Its just cringey because it is happening on television
  • Anisha is right. Amrit and Nicholas and Vishal and Richa both seem to destined to face challenges staying happily married for the long haul
  • Bali is a hot mess
  • The aunties are all petty
  • Brian doesn't seem mature enough to live on his own

From the preview, Amrit's parent's should tread lightly with Nicholas. They seem to be heading to a very bad place.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

Nicholas is starting to get on my nerves. On one hand I feel sorry for him because his family seems horrible. But at some point he needs to move on. He is much nicer than I would ever be about how unaccepting they are. I personally wouldn't bend over backwards for people who don't accept me like he does. I really don't feel like Armit's parents are asking for too much. At least they have been warm and accepting of them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Random thoughts:

• Monica's Dad is nicely letting her know that Rish just isn't that into her and if she wants marriage and kids it is time to move on. Its just cringey because it is happening on television
  • Anisha is right. Amrit and Nicholas and Vishal and Richa both seem to destined to face challenges staying happily married for the long haul
  • Bali is a hot mess
  • The aunties are all petty
  • Brian doesn't seem mature enough to live on his own tie his own shoe laces

From the preview, Amrit's parent's should tread lightly with Nicholas. They seem to be heading to a very bad place.

FTFY

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

One of the worst fights I had with my SO was the week before our wedding, and we've managed to last over 15 years. The stress of wedding planning often causes friction between couples. I wouldn't read anything into it beyond that.

I perceive something deeper here.  Nicholas is very angry inside about his own parents, and he's taking it out on Amrit and his parents.  Also, he really is flummoxed by the cultural gap, where the wedding really IS for the parents in the Indian culture.  He keeps using "western" terminology, e.g., "it's our wedding, not theirs."  "Gee why doesn't your mother stop talking about the Ghari.  Get over it."    At the same time, Amrit's parents should let up a little. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

It must really sting for Nicholas every time Amrit or his parents bring up the Ghari, and how it's for the parents, with all their eagerness to participate...while Nicholas' parents are disapproving.  There are a lot of layers to what's going on with him.  I feel bad it's happening on tv.  I'm glad he at least his aunt.

Nicholas probably would have felt somewhat out of place being suddenly immersed in Amrit's world no matter what, but even more so because he moved away from everyone he had in his life at home, and his job, too.  He gave up his home, the teaching career and identity he had built at home, and easy access to his friends.  And he's getting married. 

Those are big life changes, and they're happening all at once, with all the emotional roller coasters that go with it.  I can understand how he would feel displaced and lost among that.  Big changes can be overwhelming even if you chose them and are excited about them and are looking forward to them.  I don't blame him for not handling it well.  It's human.  It's a rare moment of reality in reality tv.

I don't know if Amrit sees how overwhelming it all might feel to Nicholas.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4