Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Prelude To A Fish

WendyCR72

To air on February 10, 2020:

As Benner prepares to run for attorney general, she seeks Lola's help to search for anything that could compromise her campaign; Emily's client is hesitant to file a police report against her abusive boyfriend.

I’m only half way through the episode, but I just have to mention how much I love the wardrobe for this show, lol. It’s something I notice every episode but I just forget to say anything. Not just the women though, the men too, and damn can Luke wear the shit out of a suit, 😝.

• Love 9

Luke's big gesture was really cute, it seems very in line with what we know about Luke so far. Unfortunately Emily was so intensely not into it due to her personal issues, the look on Luke's face as he slowly realized how not happy Emily was was painful. Glad that they talked about it, and that Emily is going to keep the fish! And apparently the fish is going to learn some tricks!

I hope that off screen they prosecuted the crap out of the creep boyfriend. I did guess almost instantly that it would turn out that the guy was abusive, but it was nice getting more insight into Emily's past. 

• Love 2

I thought Benner asking Lola to do oppo research on her was just strange.  It felt like this is the kind of request one makes of their professional campaign staff, not something you have a Judge you are mentoring perform.  On the positive side, Lola looked great in that black and white outfit.   

23 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

On the positive side, Lola looked great in that black and white outfit.   

I bought that dress three weeks and it's one of the best things I've ever owned. It's so pretty in person and it's so forgiving.  It's Tory Burch. The gold on the dress are little studs. I'll wear this one for years to come. Appropriate for so many things, pretty and comfy.

I loved that blue dress she was wearing in the stairwell too. Thought it might be Ted Baker but couldn't find it on their website.  Great color and pretty.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ChelleGame said:

I loved that blue dress she was wearing in the stairwell too. Thought it might be Ted Baker but couldn't find it on their website.  Great color and pretty.

This site should help you source the outfits.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I love Luke but that Valentine’s Day gift was MORTIFYING. And in her place of work? I would kill my other half. Like it’s thoughtful but given they only started dating at Christmas is it not a bit soon for a flash mob?

I thought the scene with Emily where she discussed her abuse with her client was very powerful.

Edited by Avabelle