Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Influence

Trini
  • Start Topic

On 2/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, preeya said:

This was a semi copy-cat.  They did an episode of social influencer on Chicago Med a few weeks ago.

Somebody help me out, please.  Exactly how does a social influencer make money?  Thanks.

15 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Somebody help me out, please.  Exactly how does a social influencer make money?  Thanks.

Ads on their pages, they can get paid to promote products. They get paid to wear a product or just say "wow this product is great I use it every day!" They can also get a special link to a product on a site where they will get a portion of each sale of the product.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, bros402 said:

Ads on their pages, they can get paid to promote products. They get paid to wear a product or just say "wow this product is great I use it every day!" They can also get a special link to a product on a site where they will get a portion of each sale of the product.

Thanks.  When they’re eventually no longer relevant they’ll need real jobs.

• Love 3

I didn’t like it when Claire told the little girl if she wouldn’t immediately poop they would have to do it in a way that wouldn’t be fun. Why scare a four year old that is already terrified because her mother is in the hospital and she is surrounded by strangers. Claire is usually very kind and she seemed more annoyed by the girl than anything else. 

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:23 PM, tennisgurl said:
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:23 PM, tennisgurl said:

She does know Shaun right?

THIS.  Also, I really think Carly was surprised and bugged to hear Lea was going to be working at the hospital.  She probably thought she effectively got rid of her by having her booted out of Shaun's house.  Kind of like the Grinch thinking he successfully stopped Christmas from happening and was surprised when Christmas was still there.  Shaun and Lea are close friends and she can hardly be expected to go away just because Carly has a problem with their friendship.  I sincerely hope Carly wants to work through this and is not the type of person who manipulates their bf into cutting people out of his life for her.  I hope Shaun's first (?) romantic relationship does not prove to be an unhealthy one.  

And about her knowing Shaun.  Seriously.  Given the time and effort it took for the two of them to even hold hands, in what world is she thinking he's going around boinking other people?  And she will have to learn to appreciate and trust the emotional connection that she and Shaun have, rather than concern herself with the emotional connection that Shaun and Lea have.  She should already as she does know him.  

The little girl was super adorable, and she could really act.  I can't say the same about the actress who played her mother, though.  That was cringe-y to watch.  That small child was acting rings around her "mother" lol.  

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
fix grammatical error.
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Thanks.  When they’re eventually no longer relevant they’ll need real jobs.

The smart ones save their money (some of the relatively popular ones can earn 100k+ a year, with the high end internet personalities earning millions).

Or pivot into other things - i.e. fashion instagrammers pivot into mommy blogging - and hope they are still successful

• Love 1

I definitely thought Kayley was in the wrong. You don't make video of someone revealing their name and then broadcast it for the whole world to see. It's an invasion of privacy, and in some cases, it's even against the law. I work at a place that posts Facebook pictures of events and the employees attending them, but each employee has to sign a form saying that it's okay for their picture to be posted (they can decline if they choose, as there's a box they can check on the form saying that they don't want that).

edit: She did not have Shaun's permission and it was wrong for that reason, is what I'm getting at.

Edited by Zenlethic
  • Love 6