Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Can I Get a Witness

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Blake & Jasmin, Anna & Mursel, Robert & Anny, and Tania & Syngin are out of time and must wed. Angela & Michael have a setback. Mike's call to Natalie leaves some unanswered questions. Michael talks to his ex-wife, Sarah, about his prenup decision.

Airs February 9, 2020.

This thread has appeared, disappeared, then reappeared again. This show has successfully driven me mad.

I've wondered if Tania would be attractive if she never spoke, and I think that answer is yes. Her personality makes her extremely ugly. When she was putting the wedding tables up she was wearing a shirt with the hashtag #keepalefree.

From the website: It's longish so I put it under the spoiler tab. 

Spoiler

Alejandra has lived in the United States since she was a baby. She grew up with her mother and brother, who are both U.S. citizens.

As a young person living in Arizona, Alejandra was arrested and convicted of several charges, including driving under the influence and possession of drug paraphernalia, some of which were felonies under state law. In 2011, after she complied with court orders for her arrests, she was detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and spent 2 years at the Eloy Detention Center in Southern Arizona, was placed in deportation proceedings, and lost her residency.

After being released from detention in 2013, Alejandra began to advocate for human and civil rights, dedicating her life to organizing for reproductive justice and the rights of immigrants.

In January 2018, Pablos was leading chants at a peaceful protest in Virginia outside of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), when she was singled out and detained by DHS agents. This arrest was a result of her work as a human rights defender, which does not pose any risk to public safety. Although she was released from jail and all charges against her stemming from this arrest have since been dropped, this flagged her case for ICE.

On March 07, 2018, when Pablos showed up for her check-in with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in Tucson, she was taken into custody. Ale was held at the Eloy Detention Center in southern Arizona awaiting a bond hearing for 42 days.

The same day she was detained, Ale’s supporters started gathering letters of support and petition signatures. They quickly gathered over 20,000 signatures demanding her release.

On April 19th, 2018 Alejandra had an immigration bond hearing in Eloy, AZ. Thanks to the overwhelming amount of community support, a federal immigration judge a declared Alejandra was eligible to be released on a bond of $8,000 and was allowed to go home with her family. She was released later that day.

Although no longer in custody, Alejandra still has to continue to fight her deportation case. Alejandra’s immigration case is complicated in part because of prior criminal history. If AZ Governor Ducey were to pardon Alejandra for the charges from a decade ago, she would have a chance to fight to  remain home in the US with her family and community.

Alejandra is yet another name added to the growing list of immigrant rights and human rights defenders in the United States who have been targeted by ICE for deportation.

Tania actually used her platform to advertise a cause that wasn't benefiting herself somehow. I'm a bit impressed; she never does anything that she doesn't think makes her look good or benefit her self-importance somehow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Mike and Natalie - methinks the ship has sailed and is close to sinking. The relationship has a lot of issues and both of you need time and distance to see if there is anything meaningful left in the wreck.

Blake and Jasmin - no idea of what a wedding entails? There are a gazillion bridal magazines and websites. Weddings are a multi-billion dollar industry? In your 29 years Jasmin, you have never been to anyone's wedding? No relatives? Nothing? You don't know about bouquets or anything? Have you ever read what some wedding vows sound like? Most folks don't understand wedding vows when they are young - they sound pretty and you try hard, but until you go through some crappy experiences, you have no idea. You came across as an idiot - a frozen one. No idea if you want a Green Card to stay with your sister, or have any plans for any sort of job, or what. I, I don't know.

Sarah and Michael - get out of your ex-husband's life and both of you set some healthy boundaries. What your ex does with his new wife is not your business. You may know some stuff, but Juliana has to figure out who her husband really is and whether she will put up with him. The pre-nush was a good idea, and Michael was well manipulated out of it. Sarah, your only business is as a co-parent and not to make jokes about your husband's new wife and the little fun you have with the 'she's not a prostitute' bit and still make cracks about it in other ways. As long as the kids' education is set aside for or there is some provision for doing so, let your ex mess up his own life without your help.

Angela and Michael - he really deserves some award for his performance. Maybe he does love Angela in his own way, but he loves getting to America more. Seems to be a nice guy and maybe there would be some other suitable American partners.

Anna and Mursel - the buzz will wear off. Both, plus the kids, would benefit from some sort of family counselling to blend this family. Hopefully Mursel has learned more English and can now communicate with everyone. Seemed to be a mad rush wedding. No idea what the future will bee for them.

Tania and Syngin - Tania, you will need to define what a soulmate is to you. Chances are you haven't met a real soulmate yet. You will know when you do and you will have the Wham! moment of recognition. Soulmates happen to old souls and there are many kinds of soulmates. Maybe you have the Hollywood fantasy of a soulmate. You have rushed in to an ill-advised marriage on both your ends. There is a lot of work for you and Syngin to have a successful relationship and you just seem to flit around to things that catch your eye in the moment. The black dress - a no. For the wedding, get a temporary tattoo and get a real one later.

Robert and Anny - they got the nicest little wedding. The stunt he pulled at the altar was cringe-inducing. I too wondered if he was going to admit to having more kids. The engagement ring thing was not the thing to do. Anny does seem to have some genuine affection for Bryson and maybe things will work out.

• Love 16

Wow wow wow. Natalie seems seriously off the rails.

For a big guy, mike has no shoulders.

Michael didnt get the pre nush because it got too stressful for him to deal with.the ex wife is right to be worried for their children. Being married to a doughy wuss like him would be torture. When problems come he seems to just not be able to face them.

What are those marks on Angela's chest? Ew.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Spike said:

As a bartender I thought she meant pale ale should be free.

Did they have a big roll of paper towel on a table right by where they got married?  Maybe to wipe the blood from the tattoos?

That was actually my thought when I searched the hashtag, leaving me disappointed to see it was a Social Justice Advocate fighting her deportation.

Now that you have mentioned the same thought, there is no reason not to believe that Tania also thought this was about a crisp alcoholic beverage and not a human being who's life doesn't affect or benefit her any. No reason at all to give her that benefit of the doubt; she's just so irksome. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Leilani said:

From the way Jasmin blocked that kiss from Blake at the wedding they might never consummate this marriage.

Syngin said there has been no divorces in his family for 500 years...sadly I think Tania the Terrible will break this half century streak.

Between looking weird, eating weird and weird ideas, I could swear Jasmine is from outer space.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Jeeez did I just watch TLC’s show Four Weddings ? I need to rewatch and come back with my ratings !! 

One thing, Anna shouldn’t have gotten married without her boy. That is sad and he is hurting. If he was 35 I would say fine he needs to suck it up. But he is a kid. With normal kid feelings and reality . I despise her. And she needed a longer fucking dress at the airport . Imagine where that hemline went when she hugged him at arrival. 

She’s putting herself before her son.  That’s the kind of kid that will join the military to get out of the house.  I feel so bad for him.  You would think by this time Muriel would know one word of English.  I have a feeling Muriel isn’t the first man she’s brought into the house.  Murcel, not Muriel.  Damn auto correct.  (I don’t know how to change it).  Getting back to the boy.  I hope there’s someone he can talk to like an uncle or a friends father or someone.  Now, she’s going to make the kid feel guilty that he didn’t come to the wedding.  Geeze.  Plus, she probably wants the boys on for more money.  Where’s the real Father?  Go see your beautiful sons.  They all probably look like him.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

She’s putting herself before her son.  That’s the kind of kid that will join the military to get out of the house.  I feel so bad for him.  You would think by this time Muriel would know one word of English.  I have a feeling Muriel isn’t the first man she’s brought into the house.  Murcel, not Muriel.  Damn auto correct.  (I don’t know how to change it).  Getting back to the boy.  I hope there’s someone he can talk to like an uncle or a friends father or someone.  Now, she’s going to make the kid feel guilty that he didn’t come to the wedding.  Geeze.  Plus, she probably wants the boys on for more money.  Where’s the real Father?  Go see your beautiful sons.  They all probably look like him.

Agree I want to adopt them all! 

Anna was teaching ESL in rural Mexico according to her LinkedIn around the time the oldest was born. It is possible their Dad is from Mexico and/or was someone she met there.  Their beautiful dark hair and skin and features could reflect that they have latino heritage. It is a stretch but a possibility their dad is no longer in this country.  It is all so secretive about him I wonder if he is away in some form. 

This could mean that Muriel hell let's call him that is not her first foreign husband/ fiance/SO.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Nilo said:

Omg - Anna’s wedding drove me crazy.  Why couldn’t they just have swung by the courthouse and gotten legally married on the way home from the airport - after getting Mursel a snack?  The time pressure was ridiculous.  Not to mention the fact that he was jet-lagged, there were family issues, and wild amounts of stress. Just handle the legalities to buy some time, then they could have had a more relaxed wedding with the bees a few days later.

With all the craziness going on, Murcel is hungry?  Why didn’t he make a sandwich for the plane ride or buy some candy at the airport.  He could barely dress himself.  I think he’s a little boy in big boys pants.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

With all the craziness going on, Murcel is hungry?  Why didn’t he make a sandwich for the plane ride or buy some candy at the airport.  He could barely dress himself.  I think he’s a little boy in big boys pants.

He couldn’t fix his collar and no one offered to do it for him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

The marks on Angela’s chest are from a CO2 laser that her dermatologist used on her chest to get rid of all those age spots and wrinkles. I’ve had CO2 laser done on my face so I have a bit of experience with this. It took about a week for all of the little marks to go away on me. That tells me that Angela either got it done on her way to the airport or she’s not healing very well. You’d better believe I was advised to stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen—neither of which Angela seems to be doing. But then she is still smoking and that’s crappy for healing so her whole trip to the dermatologist was a wasted effort, in my humble opinion.

Edited by PityFree
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Jasmine with all of her 'I don't know anything about weddings, I have never been to one...' yet she proudly stated that she didn't buy a traditional wedding gown but rather this very one.  Well, how do you know what a traditional wedding gown looks like as you don't know anything about weddings, nor have you ever been to one?  Oh, and there are some of us who watch Say Yes to the Dress, and, no, your dress wasn't that unusual (nor was Tania's black dress).

Tania and Surgeon thought they were so very unique with all of their 'this is a DIY wedding' and how they went on and on about it.  Again, no, not so unique.  Again, Tania is just so special she doesn't even need to wear a seatbelt in the car (nor did Surgeon).  And, go to the rental the night before the wedding so you have time to finish all of your DIY projects.  But, no, that wouldn't be as dramatic.  Same with Anna-she was so stressed about getting ready for the wedding-why not start your preparations earlier?

I must be wrong, but I thought that Joey was in the audience at the wedding.  I was confused about Murcel stating that brides wore the red ribbon for their first wedding.  Was Anna married to the boys' father?  And, if so, wouldn't this then be her second wedding?  Or is this something else they are trying, unsuccessfully, to hide?

I can't believe Mike told Natalie that he would talk to her later.  There were several times when they were talking on the phone that I just hoped he was going to just hang up on her.

Hopefully the Tell All will be good...  

• Love 9

I agree with @seacliffsal. Jasmine saying she's never been to a wedding, doesn't know about weddings, etc. was a crock. And if that was the case, honey there's a little thing you might be aware of since you want to be an "influencer" - it's call the internet. You plug in the word "wedding" or "weddings in the US" and OMG, there's pages and pages and pages of information and photos. It's producer driven or in addition to her face being frozen by fillers, the chemicals have seeped into her brains and rendered them useless as well.

Tania was ridiculous. All of it. And if you have to keep talking about how "unconvential" and "different" you are -- you really aren't. She fills me with hate and rage. She had such crazy eyes during the ceremony too. And I mentioned this on the live thread - Mystic CT is a lovely, seaside community. Very picturesque and I know it well. It's about 45 minutes from Colchester CT. I don't know why they rented an AirBnB that looked like a split level house found anywhere in any community, they could have done that in Colchester. If you go to Mystic, you go for the charming downtown, water views, etc. 

• Love 14

You’d think during the 30 days Tania was in Costa Rica there would have been plenty of time for Syngin to write his vows.  Who waits until the day of?  Maybe they are a good match, both procrastinators.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

The marks on Angela’s chest are from a CO2 laser that her dermatologist used on her chest to get rid of all those age spots and wrinkles. I’ve had CO2 laser done on my face so I have a bit of experience with this. It took about a week for all of the little marks to go away on me. That tells me that Angela either got it done on her way to the airport or she’s not healing very well. You’d better believe I was advised to stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen—neither of which Angela seems to be doing. But then she is still smoking and that’s crappy for healing so her whole trip to the dermatologist was a wasted effort, in my humble opinion.

And here I said to the hubs, “Angela had her tattoos taken off”.  Didn’t she have tattoos all over her chest and back?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

So Tania hired a tattoo artist to do live tattoos at the wedding? That explains why they didn't have a photographer...

Priorities.

She's so unconvential (gag) that she has to keep trying to prove it to everybody! 

Tania and Singin are no Pam Anderson & Tommy Lee....

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

So Tania hired a tattoo artist to do live tattoos at the wedding? That explains why they didn't have a photographer...

And she cancelled the photographer without telling her mate.  Now that is teamwork, people!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Muriel, lol. Too funny.

Tania is so annoying I put it on mute until their scenes were done. She tries to be edgy but what she doesn’t realize is edgy people don’t know they are. It isn’t contrived. 

Anny is one sexy woman, I love the way she speaks. And she has connected with little Robert so well. Juliana has a lovely personality also. Both these women are just naturally appealing.

I have met couples like Michael and Angela. I volunteered to take promo shots for a Reggae band and met them at the home where one of them stayed. As I remember the wife was just like Angela, blond, tall, heavy but not quite so boisterous. Anyways, Big Ang was kind of cool last night. I don’t care that Michael is in it for the green card.

Jasmine...

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And she cancelled the photographer without telling her mate.  Now that is teamwork, people!!!

Well the camera does add ten pounds so I could see why she would want to avoid photos.

• LOL 7
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if Jasimin is worried her face might crack if she smiles. Speaking of faces, why do we need Darcy back to frighten us with her over-processed, bloated visage? 

Jasmin looked even odder last night. I wonder if she had additional procedures in California.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Jasmin looked even odder last night. I wonder if she had additional procedures in California.

Her sister looks and acts much more normal than Jasmin or I should say at least tries to fit in.  Their mother seems more in the Jasmin mold as well. For a young girl to only have ambition to be taken care of her whole life is unbelievable!  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think he’s a little boy in big boys pants.

He seemed shocked when Anna suggested he do the steaming on the suit. Anna may have lost Joey (who is a functioning teenager) but gained a man baby in the process who will want her to cook 3 square meals a day, clean the pee pee off the toliet seat, and basically cater to his every whim. "Anna where spare batteries?"  "Anna where is cola?" "Anna where my slippers?"  "Anna change tv channel for me."

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Was Anna married to the boys' father?  And, if so, wouldn't this then be her second wedding?  Or is this something else they are trying, unsuccessfully, to hide?  

Anna wasn't married to the kid's dad.

Personally, this was the biggest waste of 2 hours but there was nothing else on as I don't do the Oscars. Juliana had the best wedding dress followed by Anny.  

The reason I don't think that Mursel and Anna went to the courthouse to just get married was probably because they wouldn't have made it in time for their hours of operation.  Seriously, she should have invited a minister or Justice of the Peace, got 2 friends to witness and done it as soon as they got home to get it out of the way. Then she could have planned another wedding with family, friends the whole nine yards and maybe worked on Joey and her mom to attend. 

I won't be expecting much from the Tell All. TLC has frauded me one too many times.

• Love 10