Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Joyce's Story

• Start Topic

I don't think that's a rectal prolapse because she would be in major pain, not the pretend pain she stated and she would have pointed to her nether regions when they asked. And a rectal prolapse is a bit of an emergency. Admittedly Joyce needs to work on her "I'm dying" act. Dr. Now should have given her a physical exam on admission and THAT THING would be difficult to miss.

That looks like when a horse or a cow has a prolapse....jesus the things I see on tv these days, this was the worst. And Joyce is a cow, just not the bovine type.

Edited by Chicklet
typos everywhere
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think Joyce just didn’t understand that it was a 1200 calorie a DAY diet, not 1200 calories a MEAL.  

And six meals a day! I wondered why, if her reasoning was that “1200 calories a day was too much food” for her body to lose weight, she didn’t just eat LESS! 

Side note, I have TLC on in the background and didn’t even notice Joyce’s story was now replaced by Gina’s, because their voices sound EXACTLY THE SAME! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Just been catching up .. is it me or is this recent bunch of pounders particularly revolting 🤢🤢.. I remember I used to watch it without feeling sick 🤢.

or is it we were spared the intimate details of mouldy vaginas and warty bellies 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

And six meals a day! I wondered why, if her reasoning was that “1200 calories a day was too much food” for her body to lose weight, she didn’t just eat LESS! 

Exactly what I was thinking!  But Joyce’s calorie counting methodology was so far off that I think 120 calories a day might have approximated what she SHOULD have been eating.

• Love 2

This episode was one of only a few I just couldn't get through after several attempts. 

Is the friend that helps her actually her girlfriend? It seems like the girlfriend referred to them in couple terms and Joyce talked about them in 'friends' terms.

That giant scrotom covered with  zits falling out of Joyce's dress at Lola's office was disgusting. Why wouldn't she cover it up too. Lola looked like she was rushing them out of there.  🤮

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Leilani said:

That giant scrotom covered with  zits falling out of Joyce's dress at Lola's office was disgusting. Why wouldn't she cover it up too. Lola looked like she was rushing them out of there.  🤮

I wonder what Lola, et al. get paid to appear on the show...I assume it's beyond whatever they're being paid for the therapy sessions themselves.

• Love 4
On 2/13/2020 at 1:08 AM, sara1025 said:

Joyce looked older than her mom, wow...

And as always, Dr. Now just DOESN'T understand. He may have decades worth of experience with lazy morbidly obese people but he just doesn't understand...lol

ETA: I'm in disbelief of how delusional this woman is, in so many ways. Also, I think she's confusing 1,200 calories with 12,000.

Delusional is putting it mildly.  After her staged heart attack she remarked at the hospital "Well I'm glad there is nothing seriously wrong with my body". I nearly lost it laughing.  And her celestial muumuu looked like a prototype for a Space Force's camouflage pattern. The only excuse I can find for the girlfriend is she wanted a 4x4, and failed to understand that is a vehicle, not a person.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I wonder what Lola, et al. get paid to appear on the show...I assume it's beyond whatever they're being paid for the therapy sessions themselves.

They don't pay the subjects much, just a couple of grand for moving costs so Lola probably doesn't get paid nearly as much as we think she should but she does get a lot of exposure for her business so it could be considered free advertising at a huge national level although I think most could save their money on therapy with her and just write letters to everyone.

Edited by Leilani
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

That “thing” hanging off the bottom of Joyce (I refuse to copy it here since just looking at it makes we want to give up on sausage forever) is a perfect example of human evolution at work. It’s like a spigot that she has developed over the years for the direct connection of the meat and sour cream hoses from Taco Bell straight to her panniculus. Only the best 600 pounders have reached this level of genetic sophistication. 

You’re my psychic twin. I was just coming here to suggest it be modified as a refueling port:

image.thumb.jpeg.678aad9b1358c0461c80378ffba43d65.jpeg

• LOL 10
35 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I read this as saying Lola would be paid extra for her own therapy after dealing with these very challenging patients. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

OK, I just finished the rest of the Supersized episode and I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to learn:

* Joyce liked to break dance as a kid

* Her favorite color is pink

* She listens to rap music

* What Joyce missed most about her childhood is playing with dolls

As for the doll thing, what's stopping her now? She's basically an infantilized adult anyway with more free time now than she ever had as a kid. 

Also, I noticed a lot of splicing of dialogue in this episode. It's bad enough I don't believe that those conversations between Dr Now and his patients aren't happening as they seem (there's never been a two-shot -- it's always a single shot of him, then the patient, then back to him) but there was some point where it was clear that Joyce's voice was edited (in the hospital recovering from her "heart attack") that really gave me pause that this show is mostly faked for maximum audience reaction.

Not that I care -- but  I have to keep reminding myself it's not a documentary. It's crappy TLC "reality" programming.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:18 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't believe the 'abuse' either.   

Exactly my thoughts  @CrazyInAlabama

I’m no expert but it’s just my opinion that when people truly get abused, they don’t glaze over it Or use it as a tactic to get the upper hand in a fight with her mom.  That’s exactly what she did.

Also, it’s not like she was holding this in over the years and decided to tell.  She basically had this “alleged dream” that -SHE turned into reality to use as an excuse and to manipulate people! 

• Love 3

Joyce: It wasn't my mom's fault that the abuse happened. 

Also Joyce: It's totally my mom's fault because she ignored me!

So she's blaming her weight gain on abuse that may or may not have happened? Also, I was having trouble reconciling the explosive, fighting woman that Joyce talked about with the quiet, spacy mother that the camera showed up. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Chicklet said:

That looks like when a horse or a cow has a prolapse....jesus the things I see on tv these days, this was the worst. And Joyce is a cow, just not the bovine type.

Oh god, I just had a flash of Dr. Now shoving her uterus back in like Dr. Pol.

• LOL 5
On 2/15/2020 at 8:45 PM, DEL901 said:

I think Joyce just didn’t understand that it was a 1200 calorie a DAY diet, not 1200 calories a MEAL.  

Ha!!! more like 1200 calories per serving diet.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:23 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I wonder if Dawn separated herself from the medical transport just so she could have 12 blessed hours of silence away from Joyce.  

Forgot what part of Kansas they were in,  I am guessing she lost sight of the transport, stopped somewhere and selected an alternate way on the GPS as google gives a choice.  Getting away from the transport may be the only smart thing Dawn has done in this relationship.    I still think there is--or was--more to this relationship than just a friend who moves in to help. 

As I was channel surfing I saw the last few minutes of this mess again.  All I could think was this is Joyce in 3D----disgusting, dense, and dumb.   Mom and  Dawn are only 2D.  I would like to think the 45 second venture outside was sliced up by TLC and she actually sat outside for a full few minutes.   And at the end she discovers that moving around is the key to weight loss.   Duh!!!!!  At her rate of exercise it may be the year 2525 before she is a normal human size.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, calpurnia99 said:

What about the fake heart attack? Of course it was on camera, Dr. Now knew she was faking but he had to treat it seriously. When he said she manipulated him and the system to get out of an uncomfortable situation and to get a ride home....OMG is all I can say. She manipulated Dr. Now. This is when he thought, you know I'm done with this liar. You have to remember while he is treating these losers, he is also seeing success stories, same day and signing death certificates, same day. 

That's what I told my son-they're filming several of these stories at the same time. Can you imagine being Dr Now and after witnessing her "heart attack" (seriously some of the funniest reality TV I've ever seen) having to go across the hall and deal with Steven Assanti or Schnee? He was on fire with Joyce, though, and got in some real zingers. And WTF was her obsession with the medical transport? In the clip of her going to to Lola, she was just sitting up in a regular van. How was that any different then riding her scooter into a cab? And what IS Dawn's deal? Girlfriend? Stockholm Syndrome? Working off some kind of karmic debt? At one point when Joyce got out of the hospital bed, you could see her pee pad and it was dark yellow. Between that, the udder, and the warts on the belly this was all a little much for me-and I watch Dr. Sandra. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

That's what I told my son-they're filming several of these stories at the same time. Can you imagine being Dr Now and after witnessing her "heart attack" (seriously some of the funniest reality TV I've ever seen) having to go across the hall and deal with Steven Assanti or Schnee? He was on fire with Joyce, though, and got in some real zingers. And WTF was her obsession with the medical transport? In the clip of her going to to Lola, she was just sitting up in a regular van. How was that any different then riding her scooter into a cab? And what IS Dawn's deal? Girlfriend? Stockholm Syndrome? Working off some kind of karmic debt? At one point when Joyce got out of the hospital bed, you could see her pee pad and it was dark yellow. Between that, the udder, and the warts on the belly this was all a little much for me-and I watch Dr. Sandra. 

Imagine the smell? 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:33 PM, magemaud said:

Code Blue at Dr. Now’s office! Send medical transport STAT! 

7616E6FB-4472-4899-8853-F27B70A0BD77.jpeg

Omg, Mr. Tots and I died laughing at that, we may have rewound and watched it again when it was live. 🤣

He had oral surgery today and isn't up to talking, but when I asked how he was feeling a few minutes ago he wrote "I'm having a heart attack call Dr Nowz" and then slumped back on the couch. He's fine! Thankfully his pain hasn't dulled his sense of humor. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
On 2/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, ams1001 said:

Apropos of nothing... up in the middle of the page right now I have an ad for HEFTY trash bags.

My ads are trying to sell me fine china , sterling and crystal.    All things these people never seem to use.  I can understand not spending on the fancy stuff, but surely people can invest in  a few plates and stainless flatware and drinking glasses.   I can't stand to watch people eating while reclined in a chair with a box of pizza or other takeout in their lap and stuffing their fat faces.  And I am sure I have seen some of them drink soft drinks from the 2 liter bottles.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:05 PM, CousinOliver said:

Dawn was odd, but I don’t think she was the problem.  Usually the enablers bring food into the hospital.  Joyce’s 200 lb loss tells me that Dawn was not sneaking stuff in.  

I think she was relieved not to have to bring food.  She seemed zoned out enough that I think she would have been quite happy for Dr Now to keep Joyce in the hospital for the bariatric surgery and skin surgery. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, Leilani said:

Is the friend that helps her actually her girlfriend? It seems like the girlfriend referred to them in couple terms and Joyce talked about them in 'friends' terms

I think Dawn is or was in love with Joyce, but I didn't get the feeling it was mutual.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The saddest part of this episode is that the only person Joyce will ever love is herself, but not enough to change her life.    

I think that the saddest thing about this episode was Dawn.  How desperate do you need to be that you devote your entire life to washing and blow drying your friend's enormous cooch and waiting on her literally hands and foot?  Your demanding friend who will do NOTHING to help herself, even when handed the opportunity of a lifetime?  There's got to be a story there but I guess we'll never know......   Dawn, you deserve a better life!!

Edited by Snarkastikate
Forgot something
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 3:22 PM, Chicklet said:

Hey working with Dr Now didn't work for her, so maybe Dr Pol can help her?  

Watching this repeat episode tonight and already knowing what a delusional uncooperative world class failure she is, someone unwilling to even TRY to help herself get to a better place, someone so demanding of her poor friend Dawn, was making me so angry that I was yelling at her through the TV, so I had to change the channel.   

• Love 2

They're showing the rerun of Joyce, and I could only catch the last hour (Judge Judy episodes were both new!).      I tuned in just in time to see her session with the PT, her call to Dr. Now, and her demand for medical transport.    I can't wait for the 'heart attack' scene.   

I hated Dr. Now having to push the T-rex to her weight in.   I was afraid he'd collapse.   I'm mean, I was hoping he would slam her into the door frame, or off the loading dock.  

(I bet Joyce will  sign up for the lawsuit). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Why was Dr. Now pushing the blob in a wheelchair to a weigh in?  Was it 3 am and the  entire staff had abandoned him?

I was puzzled by that also.  Maybe he wanted to show his strength? He did good!  😄

• Love 3
On 2/17/2020 at 5:34 PM, PaTatertots said:

Omg, Mr. Tots and I died laughing at that, we may have rewound and watched it again when it was live. 🤣

He had oral surgery today and isn't up to talking, but when I asked how he was feeling a few minutes ago he wrote "I'm having a heart attack call Dr Nowz" and then slumped back on the couch. He's fine! Thankfully his pain hasn't dulled his sense of humor. 

Mr. Natalie and I may have done the same thing 🤣.  It was the funniest damn thing I have seen on this show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Hey working with Dr Now didn't work for her, so maybe Dr Pol can help her?  

She should hit up all of the reality doctor shows so they can each get a turn tackling that “thing” between her legs: Dr Pimple Popper, who could also look into those neck warts. The two hot foot doctors; perhaps it’s an extra toe that’s gotten out of hand.  The doctors from Botched, who would probably run away screaming into the Hills of Beverly. Dr Drew, who should also try to help Dawn with her “issues”. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I had it on last night and my husband came in the room... he said is that Jabba the Hut? 

I was thinking the same thing! She's Jabba's twin!

I too thought the fake heart attack was the funniest thing I've seen on this show, but Joyce/Jabba's personality is just as repulsive as her physical appearance. Free Dawn!

Edited by Suzee2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Suzee2 said:

I was thinking the same thing! She's Jabba's twin!

I too thought the fake heart attack was the funniest thing I've seen on this show, but Joyce/Jabba's personality is just as repulsive as her physical appearance. Free Dawn!

I am offended on behalf of Jabba. 

• LOL 4
On 2/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Guys, I watched the super sized ep this weekend while I was ironing, and had to rewind the "heart attack" a couple of times" because I was DYING. That little sigh and falling back in her chair, like the Lady of the Camellias! Perfection.

The back hand over the forehead was a nice effect just before the head roll.

At 1 point when Dr N was really giving it to Joyce that what she was saying just can not be right,  the camera panned over to Dawn. It looked like she was doing her best not to roll or eyes or not give away the lies Joyce was telling. She looked almost scared that truth might jump out of her mouth accidently and she was doing her best to hold it in.  Very Stepford Wife vibe.

Edited by geej
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Joyce's rerun was on this morning.    I love the 'heart attack' scene, and I could watch it over and over for hours.        Joyce will do anything to stay the center of attention.    She was that way as a child, she did anything she could to get back into her mother's house with the step father, and I bet she did everything she could to get the step father gone.    Every time anyone isn't paying enough attention to her, she gets the attention back on herself, with a fake 'heart attack', or any other way she can.     She will never lose, and I suspect it won't be long until, like James K, she's the center of attention for the final time.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm going to hell, in gasoline soaked drawers.   I'm rewatching Joyce, and laughing when her mother, and caretaker are saying it's so sad Joyce is going to die from her obesity, and the 9 million medical issues it causes.   Then Mom bakes an entire, giant plate of lasagna, lots of garlic bread (also from the freezer case), and a pile of other stuff for Joyce.   

Joyce will do whatever she can to be the center of attention.     The part where she shows a picture of what she looked like as a toddler, and say she wasn't overweight is ridiculous.   She was always overweight, and only piled it on.      

My personal guess is that Mom and Dawn, the caretaker are both stoned through this whole episode, and Joyce's "I'm in so much pain" all of the time routine is to get more scripts. 

Dr. Pimple Popper couldn't help this woman.    Does she hold the world record on giant growth per square foot of skin?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm going to hell, in gasoline soaked drawers.   I'm rewatching Joyce, and laughing when her mother, and caretaker are saying it's so sad Joyce is going to die from her obesity, and the 9 million medical issues it causes.   

You’ll have a lot of company, it will be fun!

• LOL 3
(edited)

Ok I finally heard something I've never heard before on this show "I'm having residual pain from being in pain for so long". Uhh whut?

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 5