Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Joyce's Story

• Start Topic

The physical therapy at the apartment. Joyce says Dr Now wants her to not use the oxygen so she’s only using it when sleeping or exercising. But she’s wearing the oxygen as this narration is playing. 

The PT guy is so nice. He encourages her to take off the 02 line and exercise with checking of oxygen as they go. 

There first exercise involves lifting up feet and moving in the chair. My s/o says “What is she doing?”  I say “Wobbling back and forth”. He says “That’s exercise?” 

Then the 1200 excuse a day call...

It's the program that’s failing not me”.

We both yell at the TV. 

Edited by Scratches19
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Oh my god. What a piece of work. 

approximate quote:

“We all agree [me and my enabler minions] agree that Dr Now putting me in that position of losing weight over three months was unfair.”

“.. and I’ve sacrificed the life I had to come here to Houston”.

She was weeks away from being the heaviest corpse in the history of the state, but yes she sacrificed all of that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Watching the bonus scene of the unsuccessful pit stop on the trip to Houston (Dawn's fault for not being there, of course!) and all I can say is that the patient, encouraging  Medical Transport driver deserves sainthood. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Watching the bonus scene of the unsuccessful pit stop on the trip to Houston (Dawn's fault for not being there, of course!) and all I can say is that the patient, encouraging  Medical Transport driver deserves sainthood. 

I couldn't bring myself to watch the supersized episode last night, having seen the entire original episode (which was only possible because I was on Live Chat and the snark kept me going). I found a repeat of the Super Bowl game on the NFL channel instead. But I did flip over to M600PL once or twice - and saw a bit of that pit stop bonus scene.

I agree, that guy was amazingly nice. What I saw was, Joyce making absolutely no sense except that she couldn't do anything he suggested if it required moving her body even a little bit so they could use a bedpan, etc. - but somehow if Dawn were there, Joyce could use her "potty chair." Huh??? I didn't even try to understand that one.

I flipped back to the game without seeing the end of the scene. Because I'm so OVER Joyce and her "I CAN'T DO [whatever has been asked or recommended! I just can't! It's so abusive that you even ask that! I hurt so much! I must have Medical Transport!"

Uh, yeah, and even with medical transport she freaks out. 

I'm not sure I want to know how that pit stop ended, but did she just pee in her diaper, or what? (Assuming she even had a diaper. Urggh.) I'd never thought about what it must be like to be in the medical transport business. I assume their transport fees include all the cleanup and sanitizing required after transporting medical cases. And I'm not slamming people who are sick or injured and therefore may leave blood, spilled IV fluids, or other things in the vehicle after the ride. That's why they need medical transport, of course.

If Joyce really is too disabled to move her body to allow use of a bedpan, I'm sorry for her too. But Jeez, she couldn't scooch over enough for a bedpan, but if DAWN were there, she could use a potty chair? Does. not. make. sense. 

BTW, Joyce's Facebook page has been attracting plenty of negative comments from people who saw the show, and so far she hasn't deleted any of them. I'm not even tempted to chime in. It would be like talking to a wall and I can't think of anything positive to say anyway. OTOH I follow Lonnie Hambrick on FB and am enjoying what he shares there of his much improved life. A good reminder that this season hasn't been all trainwrecks!

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not sure I want to know how that pit stop ended, but did she just pee in her diaper, or what?

The poor medics, after suggesting several options, finally say "if you need to go, go....we'll clean you up when we arrive" 😝

How many of y'all think Dawn "got lost" because she had to stop at her dealer's. 🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Code Blue at Dr. Now’s office! Send medical transport STAT! 

7616E6FB-4472-4899-8853-F27B70A0BD77.jpeg

I literally LOLed at Dr. Now when this scene played. 

Her: "I think I'm having a heart attack."

Him:  "You don't look like you're having a heart attack."

She slumps back and to one side (to the best of her limited ability).

Him:  "Oh, okay.  NOW you look like you're having a heart attack."

• LOL 20
14 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Ok turned on cc and she said "pannus". Maybe that's the weird dangling thing. I'd look it up but I'm scared. 😨

I looked it up so you don’t have too 🤢

Pannus actually refers to a condition of the cornea, often in dogs. It is frequently confused with panniculus, which is what Joyce meant.  Please DO NOT do a google image search of panniculus lest you wish to rip out your own corneas  

• LOL 9
On 2/13/2020 at 7:34 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Mr. Creosote! One teeny tiny waffer thin mint is all it will take!

Tom and Crow definitely need to join the next live chat!

My favorite scene ever was her "having a heart attack"! It was even better than Penny's "where's MY yellow brick road?" moment. She ran through a list of symptoms and ailments like a pro, barely drawing breath! "I'm feeling stressed! I'm having a panic attack! I have pain in my legs and feet! I am not well! I feel queasy! I have beri beri and Rocky Mountain spotted fever! I see molecules! I have mange! I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK". I laughed like a hyena.

The competition was fierce between reigning queen Dreadful Penny and Odious Joyce, wasn't it?  I didn't think anyone could top Penny (but a few had been close).

Enter Joyce, who literally snatched that crown right off Penny's head with the heart attack scene.  

Here's your crown, Joyce.  Wear it with gluttinous glee.   

bacon crown.jpg

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

The competition was fierce between reigning queen Dreadful Penny and Odious Joyce, wasn't it?  I didn't think anyone could top Penny (but a few had been close).

Enter Joyce, who literally snatched that crown right off Penny's head with the heart attack scene.  

Here's your crown, Joyce.  Wear it with gluttinous glee.   

bacon crown.jpg

A bacon crown? You know she'll just fry it up on her hot plate and add it to her suspiciously-yellow egg whites.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

somehow if Dawn were there, Joyce could use her "potty chair." Huh??? I didn't even try to understand that one.

I figured the commode chair must have been in Dawn’s car. I can’t imagine the crew attempting to slide a bedpan (or even a wee wee pad) under a 700 lb. dead weight, so that never was an option. When she got to Houston, she said she hadn’t “been to the bathroom all day” so I guess she didn’t wet the bed. Or worse. I wonder what she ATE on the 12 hour trip?  

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 8:50 AM, libgirl2 said:

I agree, but I wonder if there is some level of bribery there. If the caretaker is getting paid by or is supported by the person, they could easily say "If you don't do as I say, get out". 

On 2/14/2020 at 8:55 AM, Twopper said:

Bribery, threats, guilt, etc.  They use whatever form of manipulation works most effectively. 

On 2/14/2020 at 8:58 AM, libgirl2 said:

And if the blob on that couch is your means of livelihood, you give in. 

^^^ *THIS*...

This is why I posted quite awhile back that I should hire myself out as a fat sitter for these people who are killing themselves with food.

Since I wouldn't know these people, I would have zero fucks to give if they got pissed off at me for giving them a low fat mozzarella stick and 32 ounces of water when they requested two large pizzas and a cookie bigger than their head. 

The "fat sitter" needs to be someone with zero emotional investment and no secondary gain to be had by indulging the overeater.  Hell, I'd just sit there and read and dispense their feedings of appropriate food at appropriate times.  They could scream at me, curse me, insult me, threaten me...deaf ears are all I'd give them.  It's not like most of these pounders can move quickly enough (if at all) to do anything about.  They've spent too much time perfecting the art of manipulation with their feeders.  With an unbiased party, they'd have none of the usual proverbial cards to play.  

It's like the lines drawn in the sand on Intervention.  At some point, these feeders have to be shown that they're "love" can actually be deadly when they're enabling an addiction.  

(All that being said, while I'd be happy to "fat sit," I do draw the line at bathing Shamu or using a blow dryer on her skin folds...that's just beyond the call of duty 🤢 )

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

A bacon crown? You know she'll just fry it up on her hot plate and add it to her suspiciously-yellow egg whites.

Precisely!  😄 

I was so glad to get to the forum and see a lot of other posters knew those weren't egg whites she was scrambling up.  At first I thought it was just me thinking the eggs looked yellow.  Guess Einstein Joyce figured if she said they were egg whites, that's what viewers would believe. 

And eggs scrambled with peppers and sausage should be tasty...but that mess she was shoveling into her gobbler looked ghastly.  

I'm always appalled at how most of these pounders shovel the food to tonsil level and seem to barely chew before swallowing it.  It's like they can't transport the food quickly enough to their stomachs.  

Ugh.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I was so glad to get to the forum and see a lot of other posters knew those weren't egg whites she was scrambling up.  At first I thought it was just me thinking the eggs looked yellow.  Guess Einstein Joyce figured if she said they were egg whites, that's what viewers would believe. 

I thought for a moment they might be Egg Beaters as we didn't see eggs being cracked.  Wasn't her first meal when she got back from the long hospital visit just scrambled eggs or an omelet?  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

The "fat sitter" needs to be someone with zero emotional investment and no secondary gain to be had by indulging the overeater.  Hell, I'd just sit there and read and dispense their feedings of appropriate food at appropriate times.

I'll take it one further. A fat sitter could be replaced by an emotionless vending machine called the "Fat Feeder." (Trademark MINE!) It could dispense healthy food at timed intervals much like a morphine pump or one of those pet feeders. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Pannus actually refers to a condition of the cornea, often in dogs. It is frequently confused with panniculus, which is what Joyce meant.  Please DO NOT do a google image search of panniculus lest you wish to rip out your own corneas  

OMG! Comment of the Day....lol lol lol

y

I did NOT look at the photos, but this explains the common confusion: Panniculus, often incorrectly referred to as pannus, is a medical term describing a dense layer of fatty tissue, consisting of excess subcutaneous fat within the lower abdominal region.

Apparently it's the medical term for what I've heard called a "fat apron" 

edited to add: Is that also what is referred to nowadays as a FUPA, or is that lower on the body? I guess Joyce's folds mean that she has both? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Precisely!  😄 

And eggs scrambled with peppers and sausage should be tasty...but that mess she was shoveling into her gobbler looked ghastly.  

I'm always appalled at how most of these pounders shovel the food to tonsil level and seem to barely chew before swallowing it.  It's like they can't transport the food quickly enough to their stomachs.  

Ugh.

It seems like the goal is just to fill up the stomach.  The food isn't in their mouth long enough to know if it tastes good or if there's any taste at all.  It's like they don't recognize that the taste buds are a part of feeling satiated.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, nokat said:

Is so judging you right now. Curling as an Olympic sport.

But curling is so cute.  That it's a sport kind of buoys my faith in humanity.

Edited by Carboncat
cat sat on "n" key and messed it up/ spelling
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I did NOT look at the photos, but this explains the common confusion: Panniculus, often incorrectly referred to as pannus, is a medical term describing a dense layer of fatty tissue, consisting of excess subcutaneous fat within the lower abdominal region.

Apparently it's the medical term for what I've heard called a "fat apron" 

edited to add: Is that also what is referred to nowadays as a FUPA, or is that lower on the body? I guess Joyce's folds mean that she has both? 

You know, it's stuff like your post here that I so enjoy about this snarkfest forum about a cable TV show! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 9:13 PM, RedDelicious said:

Poor Lola was so visibly disgusted by Joyce’s thing hanging down and what looked like some sort of sanitary pad attached to it. 

So much pixelation. You would have thought they could have covered her up a little more, for her sake and that of the medics. 

For crying out loud how high was her friend in the one hospital scene? I thought she was praying but she just couldn’t keep her eyes open!

wtf.jpg.1f03c3ec2a69a4a9c77b90fa8f7e3719.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Come on now, she just wanted to get back to her life in Kansas! It’s so unfair that she was expected to do anything. Abusive!

i know I should feel profound sympathy for anyone whose ideal life is as a human mattress. But damn, she is annoying.

ETA: WTF am I looking at, @stacyasp??? Aieeee!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 5:14 PM, magemaud said:

it looked like a cow udder to me

wtf.jpg.9d8b1b47fb0d5e4029bcf1b048ae073a.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Come on now, she just wanted to get back to her life in Kansas! It’s so unfair that she was expected to do anything. Abusive!

i know I should feel profound sympathy for anyone whose ideal life is as a human mattress. But damn, she is annoying.

ETA: WTF am I looking at, @stacyasp??? Aieeee!

this is whatever was hanging down on Joyce someone posted it on her FB page!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Thanks for taking one for the team! 😂

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, stacyasp said:

wtf.jpg.9d8b1b47fb0d5e4029bcf1b048ae073a.jpg

this is whatever was hanging down on Joyce someone posted it on her FB page!

I...what?? It looks like a penis. Maybe she DIDN’T say Pannus...

I’m udderly confused. But I’m letting it go as I cannot bear to investigate further. 

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, stacyasp said:

Really WTF is that???? Have we ever seen anything like that on this show. My God, I couldn't live with something like that!!

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

image.png.0972619fbc581daaf2f553aaf63defe3.pngThe little bow is a nice touch! 

Yes it makes her look so cute. Blech!

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Friday said:

It seems like the goal is just to fill up the stomach.  The food isn't in their mouth long enough to know if it tastes good or if there's any taste at all.  It's like they don't recognize that the taste buds are a part of feeling satiated.

No there seems to be no chewing and savoring.  After the Crucible feat of showering, and dragging on their tent-sized sleeveless top (with or without bra), they collapse into their recliner ready to hoover breakfast, because, gotta hurry, lunch is coming up soon.

You have me reflecting that a lot of fast food in particular SMELLS better than it tastes.  Ever tried to re-heat a fast-food burger and fries?

I agree it seems more about the compulsive fill-up than any real love of food and its' taste.

Maybe because their taste buds are so overloaded and burnt out these folks have trouble appreciating real food, with it's textures and tastes.  Hence dumping a cup of Ranch on an iceberg lettuce salad and calling it following the diet.

I do think some of the appeal of these shows, beyond perdition and redemption, is the train-wreck quality of "Damn, taken to the n'th degree this could be me....but of course, no way"

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Scratches19 said:

There first exercise involves lifting up feet and moving in the chair. My s/o says “What is she doing?”  I say “Wobbling back and forth”.

Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down! image.thumb.png.0ec54ed32a78e541a87763538ea58fda.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Carboncat said:

You have me reflecting that a lot of fast food in particular SMELLS better than it tastes.  Ever tried to re-heat a fast-food burger and fries?

Every time I crave fast food, I try to remind myself that I'm always disappointed when I get it. It's never as good as I remember. (I haven't had McDonald's in almost a year; last time I did I was throwing up all the next day. Can't for sure say it was the food, but, well, just no.)

• Love 1
On 2/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, ams1001 said:

I was assuming there is at least a daily departure.

Honestly, since there have only been a few great poundticipants this season, and the rest are like Joyce, I'm sure the flaming bus to hell is leaving hourly 24/7.     

Joyce is another one that is so selfish, and unlikable, and ruins everyone's life around her.   She was given every chance by Dr. Now, the poor transport, and taxi people, her voluntary servants of her Mother, and Dawn.    To not even try, and make lame excuses for gaining a bunch of weight is absurd, she's a waste of oxygen (regular oxygen, and her unneeded prescription).        

I don't know how much the medical transport people are paid, but it's not enough to put up with the whining jerks like Joyce, and some others on this show. 

I'll go board the bus to hell now, with my flaming, gasoline soaked drawers, but the poster who put the picture of the gigantic skin penis Joyce grew is going with me.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Honestly, since there have only been a few great poundticipants this season, and the rest are like Joyce, I'm sure the flaming bus to hell is leaving hourly 24/7.     

Joyce is another one that is so selfish, and unlikable, and ruins everyone's life around her.   She was given every chance by Dr. Now, the poor transport, and taxi people, her voluntary servants of her Mother, and Dawn.    To not even try, and make lame excuses for gaining a bunch of weight is absurd, she's a waste of oxygen (regular oxygen, and her unneeded prescription).        

I'll go board the bus to hell now, with my flaming, gasoline soaked drawers, but the poster who put the picture of the gigantic skin penis Joyce grew is going with me.  

Both of you, get off the bus now!  And change your drawers, it'll all look better in the morning. Thanks, though, for such a delicious use of language!

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Every time I crave fast food, I try to remind myself that I'm always disappointed when I get it. It's never as good as I remember. (I haven't had McDonald's in almost a year; last time I did I was throwing up all the next day. Can't for sure say it was the food, but, well, just no.)

Also think of her psuedopenis. Is it worth it??

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, stacyasp said:

You know, I saw that ... thing ... hanging on Joyce a few times during this episode and had myself convinced I was hallucinating it. But it's REAL! WHAT IS THAT?! Is that like a mold dick or something? Honest to god, I NEED to know.

I did watch some of the super-size show and laughed several times over the F- attempt the fourth-grader that TLC employs to write the "fun facts" made: "Joyce says the best time she's ever had was playing a board game with Dawn and some friends." "Joyce's favorite photograph is one of her grandmother." FASCINATING, TLC. Oh, and the "bonus scene" of Joyce's aborted one-hour-on-the-road pee break in the middle of a gas station parking lot. At first thought, I was wondering if the medics were going to shove her into a tiny, dirty gas station toilet but no! They were just going to put her in the parking lot, in broad daylight, on top of a portable commode. But, in the end, they couldn't get her up and she blamed Dawn for the whole thing because, of course, it's Dawn's fault

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

You know, I saw that ... thing ... hanging on Joyce a few times during this episode and had myself convinced I was hallucinating it. But it's REAL! WHAT IS THAT?! Is that like a mold dick or something? Honest to god, I NEED to know.

I did watch some of the super-size show and laughed several times over the F- attempt the fourth-grader that TLC employs to write the "fun facts" made: "Joyce says the best time she's ever had was playing a board game with Dawn and some friends." "Joyce's favorite photograph is one of her grandmother." FASCINATING, TLC. Oh, and the "bonus scene" of Joyce's aborted one-hour-on-the-road pee break in the middle of a gas station parking lot. At first thought, I was wondering if the medics were going to shove her into a tiny, dirty gas station toilet but no! They were just going to put her in the parking lot, in broad daylight, on top of a portable commode. But, in the end, they couldn't get her up and she blamed Dawn for the whole thing because, of course, it's Dawn's fault

And all she had to do was stand up, turn 90 degrees, and plop back down to be on the commode.  Yet she refused to try to do it...or any other suggestion they made so she could relieve herself.

Definitely all Dawn's fault.  I guess she thought Dawn could somehow wave a magic wand that would enable her to stand up and turn around.  

After her comment about being hungry and Dr. Now's snarky comeback, I was hoping they would show us her face when her food tray arrived.  I'm betting she was given sugar free Jello and clear broth.  I'll bet her hospital diet started immediately.  

Again, definitely all Dawn's fault because she was supposed to be the food courier during the ride from Kansas to Houston.  

I wonder if Dawn separated herself from the medical transport just so she could have 12 blessed hours of silence away from Joyce.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

That “thing” hanging off the bottom of Joyce (I refuse to copy it here since just looking at it makes we want to give up on sausage forever) is a perfect example of human evolution at work. It’s like a spigot that she has developed over the years for the direct connection of the meat and sour cream hoses from Taco Bell straight to her panniculus. Only the best 600 pounders have reached this level of genetic sophistication. 

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Seriously, what is that growth/whatever? I don't want to think too much about it, but could she have a prolapsed sphincter? It's a different color than the rest of her, and it looks too cylindrical to be a lipoma.

So you guys didn't have to .... I looked up rectal prolapse. And I am going to say - don't do it! And that might be what she has, but it looks like they put it in a condom? It looks wrapped 🤢

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

What?  I missed this gem?  Oh no!

12 minutes ago, materialgirl101 said:

So you guys didn't have to .... I looked up rectal prolapse. And I am going to say - don't do it! And that might be what she has, but it looks like they put it in a condom? It looks wrapped

So can she poop like a man pees? Related: 

giphy.gif

I am sorry for you whole life, Dawn. Please enjoy all the pain medication you can shovel into your mouth.

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Seriously, what is that growth/whatever? I don't want to think too much about it, but could she have a prolapsed sphincter? It's a different color than the rest of her, and it looks too cylindrical to be a lipoma.

38 minutes ago, materialgirl101 said:

So you guys didn't have to .... I looked up rectal prolapse. And I am going to say - don't do it! And that might be what she has, but it looks like they put it in a condom? It looks wrapped 🤢

A prolapse could not be that long, as most of the large intestine would be hanging out and Joyce would have had a colostomy a long time ago. My guess is that it's a very elongated hernia.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

A prolapse could not be that long, as most of the large intestine would be hanging out and Joyce would have had a colostomy a long time ago. My guess is that it's a very elongated hernia.

Thanks for that. It at least absolves me of the mental image of Dawn holding Joyce's colon like a garden hose over the toilet.