Media for La Brea

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

La Brea - Episode 2.01 - The Next Day - Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at September 13, 2022
https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/08/la-brea-episode-201-next-day.html 

09/27/2022 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : PREMIERE:

Spoiler

Desperate to reunite with her son, Eve follows a lead that brings her face-to-face with a ruthless prehistoric group. Gavin, Izzy and Ella question whether they’re fit to survive in 10,000 BC. Josh and Riley wake up in an unfamiliar time.

Edited by tv echo

La Brea: Creator David Applebaum teases season two
by Lindsay Press   Sep 16, 2022
https://culturess.com/2022/09/16/la-brea-david-applebaum-teases-season-2/ 

Culturess: Will season 2 expand on the world-building of 10,000 B.C.?
David Applebaum:
Absolutely. There are several new groups of people that we’re going to meet in 10,000 B.C. that hadn’t been introduced in season one, and we’re also going to expand the mysteries of this world of 10,000 B.C. What’s down here? Who are the people? And ultimately, figuring out some of the answers of why these sinkholes exist in the first place.

Culturess: What does it mean now that Eve and Sam are separated from their kids?
David Applebaum:
Well, it’s gonna be one of the central drives for Eve and Sam is to get them back. That’s a story that’s at the heart of season two, and figuring out how to do that is going to be one of the central stories, but it also has big emotional ramifications for Eve and Sam and how do you react to the loss of your family?

And it goes to a deeper story that we’ve been setting up since the beginning of the series about the Harris family and their quest to be reunited. They’ve been divided since the very beginning of the pilot. They were separated by a sinkhole. But now, they’re even more divided in ways they never would’ve expected, so tracking that journey of reuniting them is really at the heart of the second season.

Culturess: Will more be revealed regarding the mysterious building in the middle of the woods?
David Applebaum:
Absolutely, yeah. We are going to go inside that building. We’re gonna learn who’s in there, what its purpose is. It’s a mystery that I think a lot of our audience was really intrigued by after the end of the first season, and if you are intrigued by that, you are going to get answers to that, so you should tune in if you wanna find out more about the mystery of that.

Culturess: What type of adventures await Gavin, Izzy, and Ella on their journey?
David Applebaum:
The journey to get to their family in Los Angeles is going to be fraught, contending with the elements and the wildlife of 10,000 B.C. It’s gonna pose a lot of different challenges for them, and they’re not really equipped to be down here. They’re from modern times. So contending like Eve and Josh and the rest of the survivors in season one, they’re also going to have to figure out how do you, you’re from the modern world, how do you survive in 10,000 B.C.?

Culturess: What can you tease about Josh and Riley being stuck in 1988?
David Applebaum:
Well, on the one hand, it’s gonna be a fun adventure story, them being in 1988, being exposed to the music and the pop culture and the fashion and the vehicles of that time period will be a lot of fun. But their story is also going to intersect with some of the central mythological stories of the show. They’re gonna meet certain characters. They’re going to help give them insight into some of the larger mysteries of the show about these sinkholes and why they exist, and if there might be a way to actually stop them.

Culturess: How will Lucas cope with the loss of his mother?
David Applebaum:
It’s hard. Season two picks up the day after the events of season one, and he’s in mourning, he’s grieving and doesn’t really know where to place that grief, and it’s gonna lead him into situations that he shouldn’t be going because he’s driven by anger and by grief over what’s happened. But it’s also gonna allow him to forge some surprising emotional connections with characters that he hasn’t really interacted with before. So it’s gonna take him on a journey and really change the course of his life and change who he is at his core because he’s dealing with the death of his mom.

Culturess:  Silas has been a big mystery. What type of role will he play moving forward?
David Applebaum:
Well, he’s Gavin’s grandfather, so there’s that emotional connection to Gavin and to the Harris family that’s really important. But he’s also, we learned at the end of season one, that he’s one of the scientists who’s responsible for the creation of these sinkholes. We don’t quite understand what that means in season one.

But we’re going to start to understand more of it as we get deeper into season two. So it’ll be through him and other characters that we’re gonna start to expand and understand more of the mysteries at the heart of the show. But also, at the same time, have a deep emotional connection to Gavin and his family.

Culturess: Gavin and Ella had lost their childhood memories of living in 10,000 B.C. What does that, if anything, mean for Josh and Riley?
David Applebaum:
No, that’s not going to be an issue. They’re going to retain their memories.

Culturess: There have been a lot of plot twists throughout the first season. Is that something we can expect a lot of in season two?
David Applebaum:
Absolutely. I think having plot twists, turning the story in unexpected directions, is really at the heart of what makes the show what it is. As well as telling a deeply emotional story about this family and about these survivors. I think bringing the story in unexpected directions is one of the hallmarks of the show, and we definitely wanna continue that idea as we go through season two, and I think that we’ve got a lot of exciting and fun places we’re gonna bring it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

La Brea Cast Talks OMG Moments & Season 2 Twists | E! Insider
E! Insider    Sep 20, 2022

‘La Brea’: Eoin Macken Says Time-Travel Rules ‘Start to Make Sense’ in Season 2
Damian Holbrook    September 20, 2022
https://www.tvinsider.com/1058571/la-brea-season-2-time-travel-explained-eoin-macken/ 

How does the season pick up?
In the opener, titled “The Next Day,” Josh and Riley “wake up in 1988 and realize they’re stuck there,” previews showrunner David Appelbaum. “One of their main obstacles is how are they going to get back to their families in 10,000 B.C.?” While in the time of compact discs and Cheers, though, they’re drawn into a mystery tied to “one of the central questions of the series: Why do these sinkholes exist?”

Will the time-travel rules finally be explained?
“It starts to all make sense,” confirms Macken, who was as curious as viewers have been. “I was like, ‘How is this gonna coalesce?’ Once it does, it’s pretty cool.”

Are there others who have fallen through sinkholes?
Yep, and they do not come in peace. “We meet a new and dangerous group who become one of our main antagonists,” Appelbaum says. A new character played by Jonno Roberts (Wrecked) has been described as “a brilliant scientist and businessman who just might be trying to save the world.”
What’s the danger level?
High! First: more prehistoric beasts! And as Gavin, Izzy, and Ella trek from Seattle to L.A. and Eve’s camp endures more threats, Macken says with a laugh that we should expect the worst.

“David Appelbaum is a ruthless storyteller when it comes to where characters go and what happens and who may live or die. I’ll just say that!”

La Brea - Episode 2.02 - The Cave - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at September 20, 2022
https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/09/la-brea-episode-202-cave-press-release.html 

Spoiler

10/04/2022 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : While Gavin enlists the help of his grandfather to guide him to his missing wife, Eve and Levi navigate a horrifying new reality. In 1988, Josh and Riley discover they’re being followed by a suspicious man who reveals information about the mystery behind the sinkholes.

Edited by tv echo

‘La Brea’: Martin Sensmeier Joins Season 2 Cast Of NBC Series
By Rosy Cordero   September 22, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/09/la-brea-martin-sensmeier-season-2-cast-nbc-series-1235124772/ 

EXCLUSIVE: NBC’s La Brea has added Martin Sensmeier (1883, Yellowstone) to its Season 2 cast in a recurring role. Season 2 premieres on September 27.

He will portray Taamet, the leader of The Exiles, a dangerous group of people living in 10,000 BC. Taamet will become a feared adversary of the La Brea Survivors as Season Two unfolds. His appearance is in the October 4 episode.

La Brea - Episode 2.02 - The Cave - Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at September 22, 2022
https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/09/la-brea-episode-202-cave-press-release.html 

Spoiler

10/04/2022 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : While Gavin enlists the help of his grandfather to guide him to his missing wife, Eve and Levi navigate a horrifying new reality. In 1988, Josh and Riley discover they’re being followed by a suspicious man who reveals information about the mystery behind the sinkholes.

La Brea Boss Teases Season 2 Reveals, a Dangerous New Threat, and a Walk on the 'Beautiful' Side of 10,000 B.C.
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 22 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/la-brea-season-2-preview-eve-levi-gavin-triangle-exiles-threat/ 

TVLine invited showrunner David Appelbaum to share a peek at what to expect  when La Brea‘s 14-episode sophomore season (…or at least a chunk of it) premieres this Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 9/8c.
TVLINE | Coming out of Season 1 and heading into Season 2, what were the things you decided to lean into, and what did you decide you could maybe dial down a bit?
We were definitely leaning into the idea of the Harris family and their quest to reunite, which has been a story that we started in the pilot episode, but this season we want to put that front and center in a new way. It’s different now in Season 2 because Gavin and Izzy jumped into a sinkhole at the end of Season 1, and they’re in 10,000 B.C., and Josh is now in 1988. The family is divided in a whole new way, but they’re still on a journey to reconnect, so that’s something from Season 1 that we definitely wanted to put front and center.

As far as things to lean away from…. I have to think a little harder on that. Nothing is jumping out at me.

TVLINE | Zyra Gorecki told me the other day that Season 2 “is not what you think it’s going to be.” Was she accurate in that assessment? 
I think that speaks to the idea that we’re constantly trying to surprise the audience and unfold new mysteries and give them things they weren’t expecting. One of the ways we’re doing that is by telling the story of the [glass-and-steel] building that we see at the end of Season 1. Scott and Aldridge come upon a building in the middle of the wilderness in 10,000 B.C., and the audience is wondering, “What’s in it?” We’re going to go inside, we’re going to meet the people there, and we’re going to understand its connection to some of our cast, so there’s going to be a lot of interesting surprises within that that I think the audience might not have seen coming.

There are also new groups of people down here in 10,000 B.C. that we haven’t met yet, that people are going to be surprised by.

Also, the different character pairings…. We have a really large and interesting cast, 13 series regulars, and many of them didn’t have scenes with one another in the first season, but now we’re going to have different pairings and different relationships evolving that I think people might not have expected after watching the first season.
TVLINE | The last time you and I spoke, I had done the math on how long it would take Gavin, Izzy and Ella to walk from 10,000 B.C. Seattle to Los Angeles — 22 days, with minimal sleep breaks. Can you tease whatever solution you came up with for that?
I don’t want to give it away, but there’s going to be an unexpected solution that happens during their journey. It’s a big spoiler, but the culmination of their journey will be one, I think, that the audience won’t necessarily see coming.
TVLINE | Regarding the tower: If I’ve noticed anything about early promos and photos, Scott and Aldridge are almost conspicuously absent, so I was kind of worrying that maybe you had “disappeared” that storyline. Or, maybe showing photos or footage from it might reveal more than you want to?
Oh no, they’re a big part of the story. We’re not going to go into the building in the first episode; that is a mystery and a story that we’re going to unfold over time, but we wanted to strike that balance between teasing but also not wanting to frustrate the audience. Sometimes you have shows where it can take seasons to reveal questions you want answers to, and it may not be right to give you that obvious answer right now, but it’s about  finding that balance. This season will give them answers, but we’re not going to give up everything right away.
TVLINE | I imagine that Eve wants to focus on finding Josh, but is it safe to say that some fresh, new drama gets in her way?
Absolutely. Her goal in the beginning of the season is figuring out, “How do I get Josh back from 1988?,” and that’s what she sets off to do, but she’s going to be waylaid early in the season by several things — one of which is a new dangerous group of people called The Exiles. They are going to be important antagonists for us as we move through the season.

TVLINE | Are The Exiles just “sky people” who turned out to be assholes, or had bad hygiene?
A little bit. [Laughs] No, I’m kidding. They’ve got their own backstory that will be part a larger mystery that we’re going to give answers to. But immediately, there’s going to be a mystery about who they are and what they want and where they are from.
TVLINE | I recently asked each of the cast members to give me five words to tease their Season 2 storyline, and one of Natalie Zea’s words was “sex.” Was she pulling my leg, or was she kind of accurate there?
That love triangle and Eve’s love story with Levi is going to come front and center in this season. As we started to develop that story in Season 1, we learned that Eve and Levi had an affair years ago, and now Levi’s down [in 10,000 B.C.]. In Season 2, he’s still down here, and their relationship is going to develop, so I think some of that juicy stuff is stuff that we’re going to continue to explore. Beyond the dangers of the 10,000 B.C. world, we’re always looking for the conflicts amongst our characters, and I think the one that is front and center this season is her relationship with Levi, and how that affects her relationship with the rest of her family.

TVLINE | And based on my talk with Chike Okonkwo and Tonantzin Carmelo, it sounds like the Ty/Paara dynamic is going to get very interesting, as it develops and grows deeper….
Yes. In Season 1, Ty and Paara started to develop a relationship and a connection, but it’s going to be tested this season. There will be a moment where the survivors of the clearing and the people from the village are going to come into conflict, which is going to put their relationship in peril. They’re going to have to see, “Are they strong enough to stay together or not?” All the while, Ty is going to be continuing to deal with his cancer diagnosis and facing questions of his own mortality, not knowing if he is going to live or die.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

How Season 2 of La Brea Will Be More Chaotic and Even More Surprising
Lauren Piester    Sept. 25, 2022 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/how-season-2-of-la-brea-will-be-more-chaotic-and-even-more-surprising/ 

Natalie Zea: "We pick up really, really quickly after the finale. A day. So I'm still reeling from the fact that I have two children in very disparate places and neither of them are with me. Eve's not handling that great, as one would expect. So initially, it becomes only about that, and then I don't think it's a spoiler to say that once that issue is resolved, in a sense, then we move on to the survival of it all, and these guys, and her conflicted feelings about them." 

Nicholas Gonzalez: "Since it's the next day, I still have the same motives, but that's the difficulty. Levi came down ready to save everybody, and then is like, uh, my ship won't work now, so now it's a matter of staying alive and trying to figure out this puzzle, too. We're very much part of this scavenger hunt. Where does this all end? Is there even a chance of getting back? What does this mean? The world shakes like crazy when anyone uses one of the portals or falls into a sinkhole and causes even further damage, so everything is in such high stakes to figure it out. For us, it becomes reduced to staying alive, and then there's more and more challenges thrown in that just make it even crazier. And once, like she said, things are kind of resolved but not really, we can kind of move past the immediacy of that because we've got all these other things coming our way too." 

Jon Seda: "Sam is on this journey, this mission to get his daughter back, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to get her back. There's some crazy things that happen this season that might lead to that."
Tonantzin Carmelo: "There's a portal that opens up at the end of Season 1, and it leads to 1988…Ty decides to stay in 10,000 BC, and Ty and Paara decide that they want to move forward as a couple. So there's this budding new relationship happening, which is challenged by the fort people and their needs, with Paara's place as a leader and Ty's role with the sky people." 

Chike Onkonkwo: "Part of the challenge of the first season was Ty's brain tumor. It would slow him down. In the second season, I think he's made peace with it, and that's a really nice part of the character to explore. He can just be present and just try to be useful to the group, to this new dynamic with Paara…It's a love that he was willing to turn his back on his world and his health for. That alone is a really big decision, so it's nice to see what challenges come from that decision in the second season with these two characters. It's been fun because you have this big, dynamic, dramatic show, but there's also all these smaller human stories happening as well throughout the show, whether it's Eve and Gavin and Levi and that love triangle, or it's Ty and Paara working on how to bring their two worlds together. It's more than just two cultures. It's two times and different ways of being, so it's a really nice part of the story to play. 

We'll get a lot, lot more [of the love story], and all great love stories have obstacles, and their story certainly has some big, big obstacles that we see right from the beginning of the second season." 
Zyra Gorecki: "Izzy is now in 10,000 BC. She jumped into the sinkhole in Seattle with her dad and with Ella, so now she has to go on this huge journey from Seattle to LA. She has no idea what has happened. All she knows is that her mom and her brother are here, she's going to get to them, and she's going to reunite this family."

Eoin Macken: "It's very stressful [for Gavin in 10,000 BC], because he starts remembering all these things that he used to remember when he was a kid, but at the same time, he has to make sure his daughter doesn't die, and he brought her down here, so it's his fault because everything seems to be his fault these days. Then he has to figure out how he can find Eve and rescue Eve and then make her fall in love with him again, and then decide if he can forgive Levi or not, despite the fact that he's been betrayed by his best friend. And then there are loads of creatures trying to kill them all the time. It's just chaos."
Jack Martin: "There's definitely a little bit of spice there, a little bit of lightning, a little bit of excitement. We will be going to the 80s. I don't think I can say much more than that, but in my personal opinion, the 80s is the best decade ever, so that'll be great. And it'll also be the two of us in our own storyline, so without spoiling it, I will say you will get answers to your questions for sure." 

Veronica St. Clair: "I mean, obviously you get to see Josh and Riley come together as enemies to lovers in Season 1, so it's exciting for the two of them to have their own plotline in Season 2. There's a whole new world and a whole new time period, so it's exciting to see what they're going to do against all odds and how they're gonna do that together. It's obviously going to bond them, and it can go positively or negatively. But there was some smooching happening in Season 1 and maybe there will be some smooching in Season 2." 
A common thread amongst everyone we talked to about Season 2 of La Brea was a promise that all our questions will be answered. Martin also promised more "crazy plot twists that you're not going to see coming," while Appelbaum says we will quickly get to see what is inside that mysterious building. And when we asked if other people we already know might be connected to this world, like Gavin, all Appelbaum said was "Yes." Zea also teased a "cute scene" in the middle of the season where "somebody gets to run into somebody that we know in a different time period, and it is f–king adorable." 

La Brea Season 2 Premiere Recap — Plus, 10 Burning (or Silly) Questions!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 27 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/la-brea-recap-season-2-premiere-episode-1-gavin-izzy-los-angeles/ 

‘La Brea’ Stars Natalie Zea and Jack Martin Say ‘There’s Gonna Be a Lot of Answers as to What’s Going On’ in Season 2
By Sasha Urban    September 27, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/la-brea-natalie-zea-jack-martin-season-2-premiere-answers-1235386151/ 

What was different for you coming into Season 2? 
JACK MARTIN:
What was really different for me this year is my character is in 1988. It’s a whole new storyline for him and his love interest, Riley [Veronica St. Clair]. Because of that, the scenes are much more focused and the settings are very different. We’re in ‘80s L.A. Last season, I tended to be in these big group dynamics that were more about driving the plot forward and were shooting in these wild outdoor locations that we still use, but it’s less of a focus for Josh here. 

NATALIE ZEA: Jack and Veronica St. Clair, they’ve probably had the biggest shift. They’ve traveled literally tens of thousands of years. I got to change my sweater. That was a big deal. My story, in addition to a lot of the people who were left in the clearing, it’s really just a continuation of exactly where we left off because the name of the episode is “The Next Day.” 
Natalie, right now everyone’s looking at you and Captain Levi Delgado (Nicholas Gonzalez), the man you had an affair with who flew a failed rescue mission through the sinkhole. At the end of Episode 1, he’s being abducted alongside you, and the viewers know your husband Gavin is somewhere in 10,000 BC. What do you have to say for Eve and the situation she’s in right now? 
ZEA:
It’s tough, isn’t it? Because she is in a very much life-and-death situation, where obviously the primary goal has to be survival. And then there are these peripheral emotional states that are happening concurrently. For Eve, it’s a matter of compartmentalizing just for the sake of her life and the lives of the people around her. Also there’s a bit of denial there. There’s a bit of like, you know, “I’ll deal with my feelings later, as soon as we make sure that everybody is alive and breathing.” 

That’s going to be a theme for her throughout the season. We can’t be at an 11 all the time or our adrenal glands would explode and we would die of a heart attack. There has to be moments where she takes a breath and she becomes vulnerable. It’s just a part of the experience that she’s going through right now. 
What do you see coming from the second season that people will be most excited about? 
ZEA:
We’re able to explore personal relationships a lot more than we were able to do when we were busy trying to survive, which we’re still doing. 

MARTIN: Yeah, I totally agree with that. There’s going to be some reunions, there’s going to be some character interactions that people have been waiting to see. Definitely new animals, although I’m not going to say which ones. One thing that the show does really well is it answers questions before it poses new ones. It’s not one of those where there’s constant unending, unsolved mysteries. So there’s gonna be a lot of answers as to what’s going on here. 
The biggest mystery right now is this random skyscraper in the middle of 10,000 BC Los Angeles. What were your reactions when you first saw that element come into the script? 
ZEA:
A lot of us knew about it fairly far in advance. It just felt like the inevitable next step. 

That there’s another community there. 
ZEA:
Yeah. 

MARTIN: I agree. It’s the natural progression and follows logically. What’s great about it is it’s the kind of thing that in other shows I’ve been a fan of might have left open ended as a mystery or not really fully explained what was going on with it. But what’s good is we really dive into it and really make it clear what’s going on and fully explore it, and it’s really interesting.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Tuesday Ratings: Rookie Spinoff Opens Low; Reality-TV and FBI Lead Night
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 28 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/09/28/tv-ratings-la-brea-season-2-premiere/ 

Over on NBC, The Voice (5.8 mil/0.6, read recap) dipped week-to-week yet tied for the demo win. La Brea (3.9 mil/0.4, TVLine reader grade “B”) opened Season 2 down from its freshman averages (5 mil/0.6). Closing out the night, New Amsterdam (2.8 mil/0.3) tied its all-time demo low.

La Brea - Episode 2.03 - The Great Escape - Promo + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at October 05, 2022
https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/09/la-brea-episode-203-great-escape-press.html

Spoiler

After an emotional reunion, Gavin and Eve attempt a daring escape from their unforgiving captors; Lucas leads a dangerous mission to the fort to reclaim the resources his friends so desperately need.

La Brea - Episode 2.04 - The Fog - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at October 05, 2022 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/10/la-brea-episode-204-fog-press-release.html

Spoiler

10/18/2022 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : When a fog falls over the Clearing, Eve leads a defense against a group of invaders, only to encounter a threat more dangerous than they’ve faced before. In 1988, Josh and Riley pursue a woman who may hold the key to stopping the impending tidal wave disaster.

Edited by tv echo

La Brea's Showrunner Says the Exiles Are 'Fun and Dangerous' New Characters
By McKenzie Jean-Philippe    October 4, 2022
https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/who-are-the-exiles-la-brea 

The origins of the Exiles remain unclear, but thanks to Levi's keen observation that the warriors have steel (which didn't exist yet in 10,000 B.C.) they may have ties to a future time in history. When NBC Insider spoke to showrunner David Appelbaum, he spilled as much as he could about the new characters without giving too much away.

"That's actually a mystery that we're going to unfold over the course of several episodes," he says. "[They] have ties to other groups in this world that we have met and also that we haven't met yet. As far as their specific origin, that's something we're gonna find out. Wait a little bit and you'll get your answer.  But, you know, I think they're a really fun and dangerous group that's going to introduce a lot of new conflict to the show."
The Exiles seemed determined to collect as much of the mysterious black rock as they can, forcing the Sky People into round-the-clock labor to find it. But what even is it? Well, if you thought the rock could have ties to the chest of gold Scott and Lucas found in Season 1, you're a little off. Appelbaum told us there's no connection.

"That's an interesting theory," he says. "But the black rock that they're mining is an important point that is connected to some larger mythology ideas in the show. But as we go deeper into the season, we're gonna get the answers for what it's for."

Edited by tv echo

La Brea Recap: The Man in the High Castle — Plus, This Week's 7 Burning Qs
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 1 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/la-brea-recap-season-2-episode-6-gavin-meets-father-lazarus-tower/burning-questions-la-brea-2x06/ 

1 | After Gavin got dragged away to the tower by the guards, Eve, while huddled behind a tree with Izzy and the others, reached down to put back on her shearling coat. Where… did it come from? (Yes, they showed a pile of clothes by the tree, but Eve and the others had changed into guard clothes inside the mine, and no one possibly had time to go back since.)

2 | How is Sam, a doctor from L.A., suddenly an expert wilderness tracker?

3 | Was the bird guarding the secret tower entrance much bigger when it was in the sky and chasing Eve than when it crashed against the grate?

4 | How did Riley know that her dad would be able to get to the portal and use it to meet up in Santa Monica so soon after receiving the “memory” she planted in 1988? How could she even know that he knew of the tower yet?

5 | Speaking of Young Sam, did you catch that he was played by Jon Seda Jr.?

6 | Aren’t there a half-dozen more interesting things to do with Lucas than ask us to fret about his friendship with Veronica?

7 | Have each of La Brea‘s dramatically revealed new characters (e.g. Paara’s husband, Gavin’s mom and dad) been a bit underwhelming with the castings?

• Useful 2

La Brea got 1 People's Choice Awards nomination...

2022 People's Choice Awards: Complete List of Nominees
By BRETT MALEC     OCT 26, 2022 
https://www.eonline.com/news/1351289/2022-peoples-choice-awards-complete-list-of-nominees 

THE SCI-FI/FANTASY SHOW OF 2022
House of The Dragon
La Brea
Moon Knight
Obi-Wan Kenobi
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Stranger Things
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
The Umbrella Academy

• Mind Blown 1

La Brea Boss Talks Fall Finale Twists, Gavin's Chilling New Vision and Whether [______] Is Gone for Good
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 15 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/la-brea-recap-season-2-episode-7-gavin-vision-future-eve-dead/ 

TVLine spoke with La Brea showrunner David Appelbaum about what Gavin “saw,” is Levi is in fact out of the picture, the Season 2B plan and more.

TVLINE | This larger season was divided exactly in half. Did you have a mission for where the first seven episodes needed to take us, and what the second seven need to do?
Yes, yes. The first seven episodes from a larger point of view have been about getting Josh back from 1988 and reuniting the [Harris] family. There have been lots of other stories interweaving, with the many other characters and different mythological things, but from a bigger perspective it was about bringing that family back together. The audience now sees that they are back together, but things aren’t that simple. They’re going to be thrust back into the world of 10,000 B.C., where being a family isn’t such an easy thing. We’re going to be complicating Gavin and Eve’s relationship and their relationship with their kids, but what will continue to be at the heart of the show is the quest to get back home, to get back to their time.

There will be a number of other things going on — Gavin’s relationship with [his father] James, dealing with the problems the [Lazarus] building presents, this vision that Gavin has at the end of Episode 7, of Eve and her death…. We have 13 series regulars who all have their own stories, so it’s like a puzzle putting all these stories together. Everyone has a lot going on, but that’s the thrust of the back half of the season.
That vision of Eve’s death is really going to drive a lot of conflict in the back half of the season, because it might be right around the corner. It’s going to be a real problem — how do we prevent that? It’s going to complicate all the relationships, knowing that that is a thing that could happen.
TVLINE | Is it safe to say that going back to 10,000 B.C. and hopping in the portal to 2022 is easier said than done for the Harris family?
The back half of the season is going to take place in 10,000 B.C.—

TVLINE | Exclusively?
Exclusively, yeah. Wanting to get home is not the only story that’s going on, but it’s a continuing goal for everyone, and during the same time there are going to be all the interconnecting character stories for the 13 series regulars. But trying to get back to 2022 is something they’ll never lose sight of.
TVLINE | Have we in fact seen the last of Levi? Was that Nicholas Gonzalez’s goodbye episode?
I don’t want to spoil anything. I want to leave that a surprise.
TVLINE | Should the sky people be worried that Taamet is back out there somewhere?
Yes, they should. We’re not done with him yet. He’s going to be a dangerous force we have to reckon with. Scott in particular will have to deal with the fallout of what he’s done. He made a deal with the devil and let Taamet go, and that’s going to come back to haunt him in multiple ways.
TVLINE | This next one isn’t a “gotcha” question, but I do wonder if you have an answer in your head that maybe you didn’t get to put to paper: How did the Lazarus tower get to 10,000 B.C.? Did it come over intact, or did they portal over the supplies and a bunch of Teamsters from 2076?
I think it was more the latter. We actually had shot a flashback scene at one point that didn’t make it into the episode for various reasons, where we saw the tower during construction. But yeah, the idea was that they transported physical materials and construction equipment, and it was built over a period of time.
TVLINE | Will we meet anyone new in the back half of the season?
Yes, we will. Particularly in the later episodes, we are going to meet characters that will expand the mythology and the secrets of this world. By explaining the building and Gavin’s parents’ connection to it, that’s a major piece of the mythology, but there are other layers to it. In Episodes 13 and 14, as we get later into the season, we’ll meet even more characters and start to unpeel deeper layers to the history of this place.

TVLINE | Speaking of the tower, I got the sense that James and his assistant Kira are perhaps not necessarily on the same page….
It’s true. We are going to find out that they have different agendas. Their conflict is going to be a continuing story that we get deeper into, most importantly with regards to how it divides the Harris family.

• Useful 1

‘La Brea’ Boss Addresses Gavin’s Family Drama, Eve’s Choice, Levi’s Future & More
Meaghan Darwish   NOVEMBER 18, 2022
https://www.tvinsider.com/1070582/la-brea-season-2-gavin-eve-levi-triangle-10000-bc-lucas-hand/ 

Have we left Levi behind for good?
David Appelbaum:
Great question! I don’t want to give anything away, but there will be some exciting surprises in the back half of the season!
Ty and Paara’s relationship is deepening. Are they headed for potential disaster with her first husband, Taamet, in the mix?
Taamet is definitely going to rear his head again. At the end of Episode 7, Taamet promises to seek revenge against Scott [Rohan Mirchandaney] and the people he cares about. That threat will be hanging over us during the back half of the season and will eventually come to fruition in a surprising way.

Eve says goodbye to Levi, but should viewers see that as a definitive decision when it comes to her love life?
By the end of Episode 7, Eve has made a definitive choice to be with Gavin. It was a difficult decision because she had deep feelings for both Gavin and Levi, but now she has made up her mind. Moving forward, Eve is with Gavin, but they are definitely going to find lots of challenges that will complicate their relationship.
There was a new development with Veronica and Lucas – are they in the clear yet following his near-fatal experience?
Lucas is going to recover – he’s going to live. But he’s going to have a lasting physical impairment from his injury – he loses the use of one of his hands. That problem is going to complicate life in a major way for both Lucas and for many of the people around him.

Gavin’s met more family for the first time in a matter of episodes. Are there more secrets to uncover, or will he be given time to cope?
There will absolutely be more secrets to uncover and his family. His complicated relationship with his father James [Jonno Roberts] and his mother Caroline [Melissa Neal] is going to be one of the driving forces in the back half of the season.

What else should fans look out for when the show returns?
The back half of the season will entirely be set in 10,000 BC and many of the stories will be based around the challenges of living there – how do we survive in this inhospitable environment? How do we avoid the dangerous animals lurking around almost every corner? How do we function as a community? We have 13 series regulars, and all of them are going to have their own emotional and exciting character stories. But the heart of the show will remain the Harris family. They have now been reunited, but their relationships will continually be challenged. And they also grapple with a question that’s been at the heart of the series from the beginning… How are we going to get home?

Inside Line: Get Scoop on Yellowstone, La Brea, Ultra Violet, Ghosts, Equalizer, Gossip Girl, SEAL Team, 9-1-1 and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 18 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/yellowstone-season-5-spoilers-monica-kayce-tragedy/1234899058/ 

I’m curious, will La Brea ever use a portal to send characters to 2076? –Charity
During the remainder of Season 2, at least, “No, we don’t do that,” says showrunner David Appelbaum. “But that’s one of the fun things about the show, is we have the potential to do that. Future seasons could take place in other time periods, but for the back half of this season, we’re only going to be in 10,000 B.C.”

• Useful 1

Scorecard: Quantum Leap and La Brea Have Slipped in the Rankings, The Winchesters Tops The CW’s Genre Entries, and More
AUTHOR: JOHNNYJAY PUBLISHED DATE: NOVEMBER 23, 2022
https://www.cancelledscifi.com/2022/11/23/scorecard-quantum-leap-and-la-brea-have-slipped-in-the-rankings-the-winchesters-tops-the-cws-genre-entries-and-more/ 

Next among genre entries on the Big Four is NBC’s La Brea which is at Number 41 with a 0.42 average in the demo and 3.5 million total viewers. That show has slipped from the Number 30 slot where it was earlier in the season and is performing below the network’s overall average and its average for dramas. That does not put the show in trouble just yet, but since it is more expensive to produce than most dramas, the network execs may have to think long and hard about a renewal. It has wrapped up its Fall run and if it holds steady when it returns at Mid-Season, it may get a third season nod. But fans should probably start making some noise on the social networks to help bring it more attention.

• Useful 1
On 11/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, tv echo said:

There was a new development with Veronica and Lucas – are they in the clear yet following his near-fatal experience?
Lucas is going to recover – he’s going to live. But he’s going to have a lasting physical impairment from his injury – he loses the use of one of his hands. That problem is going to complicate life in a major way for both Lucas and for many of the people around him.

Sounds a little like time-displaced Instant Karma for being a heroin dealer in his former life (which he reminded us and Veronica about last episode).

The article makes references to 13 series regulars.  I didn’t realize this from watching the show but it seems like a lot for a show that also says they’re focusing on this one family (of 4 people) in this wanna be Lost show that is really dumb and doesn’t appear to be that well thought out IMO. 

• LOL 2

Inside Line: Scoop on 9-1-1: Lone Star, Chicago Fire, NCIS Xover, Winchesters, Criminal Minds, Community and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 14 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-spoilers-sylvie-ncis-crossover-event/ 

Do you know what La Brea will do with Lucas the rest of this season? Hopefully he gets more than a romance with Veronica. –Deb

Spoiler

Showrunner David Appelbaum told me that Lucas “actually has a really big arc in the back half of the season,” which kicks off Tuesday, Jan. 31. “He’s been on an interesting journey from where he started in Season 1 as this outsider and drug dealer, someone who didn’t relate to people…. But where we find him in the back half of the season, he’s taking more of a leadership role in the clearing, trying to live up to that promise he made his mom. Also, he’s going to have residual physical effects from being tased that cause a lot of problems for him.”

Edited by tv echo

A La Brea Murder Mystery Looms as Season 2 Resumes — 2023 FIRST LOOK
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 20 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/20/la-brea-photo-season-2-episode-8-murder-mystery/ 

In the latest of TVLine’s exclusive 2023 First Look photos (shown below), Eve (played by Natalie Zea), Gavin’s mom Caroline (Melissa Neal), Riley (Veronica St. Clair) and Sam (Jon Seda) seem no worse for the wear after leaping into the 1988 Hollywood sign sinkhole, with Gavin, Izzy and Josh, to get back to the Lazarus Tower and upload a virus that will stop all sinkholes — despite knowing that this will mean they will never get home again.

But back in the “land down under,” danger awaits. And we are not talking about that which was glimpsed in Gavin’s new vision!

In “Stampede,” the first hour of the double-episode midseason premiere airing Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 9/8c, TVLine has learned that

Spoiler

an unlikely leader rallies the Clearing to face an oncoming prehistoric threat

. And then in the second hour… well, the title “Murder in the Clearing” kinda says it all.

Spoiler

Because yes, one of the survivors is murdered, after which Lucas (played by Josh McKenzie) and Sam lead an investigation to ID the killer.

Gavin meanwhile embarks on a mission to save Eve from the fateful vision he has had of her death, first experienced in the fall finale just as the Harrises readied to leap back to 10,000 B.C.

Spoiler

“That vision of Eve’s death is really going to drive a lot of conflict in the back half of the season,” La Brea showrunner David Appelbaum told TVLine, “because it might be right around the corner.

“It’s going to be a real problem — how do we prevent that?” the EP posed. “It’s going to complicate all the relationships, knowing that that is a thing that could happen.”

Edited by tv echo

TVLine has ranked La Brea at #7 among NBC shows...

Midseason Ratings Report Card: NBC's Best and Worst Performing Shows
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 27 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/27/best-worst-nbc-shows-tv-ratings-2022-2023/ 

Listed below is the average DEMO RATING for each NBC series (including Live+7 DVR playback). Alongside that is the TOTAL AUDIENCE for each program, as well as any noteworthy PERFORMANCE NOTES.

Each program’s RANK represents how it is faring in the coveted-yet-dwindling 18-49 demo compared to other shows on NBC, since that’s what matters come renewal/cancellation time; any ties in the demo were “broken” by total viewership. (*=already officially renewed)
.... Not only is La Brea down sharply from its freshman run, but it is — not unexpectedly! — putting up a fraction of This Is Us‘ final-season averages (8.1 mil/1.6) in the time slot.

NBC-best-worst-shows-2022.png

Edited by tv echo

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on S.W.A.T., #OneChicago, The Bad Batch, Magnum, SEAL Team, La Brea, The Boys and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 16 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/seal-team-season-7-renewed-or-cancelled/ 

Spoiler

When La Brea returns, will Eve and Gavin’s relationship as husband and wife get stronger now that Levi stayed in 1988? –Cari
You’d think that is a given, right? But…. “Just because Levi is in a different time and place doesn’t mean that all [of Eve and Gavin’s] problems are, too,” Natalie Zea told me at TCA. Rather, “Now they have to confront themselves over what happened and who’s to blame, who was really wronged and who was wrong.”

La Brea - Episode 2.08 - Stampede - Promo, Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at January 18, 2023
https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/11/la-brea-episode-208-stampede-promo.html

Spoiler

01/31/2023 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : The Harrises return to 10,000 BC, determined to upload a virus that will stop all sinkholes, despite knowing that this will mean they will never get home again. An unlikely leader rallies the Clearing to face an oncoming prehistoric threat. TV-PG

LA Brea - Episode 2.09 - Murder In The Clearing - Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at January 18, 2023
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/01/la-brea-episode-209-murder-in-clearing.html

Spoiler

01/31/2023 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Tuesday) : When a Survivor is murdered, Lucas and Sam lead a contentious investigation to find the killer. Gavin embarks on a mission to save Eve from the fateful vision he's had of her death. Eve finds herself closer than ever to seeing it come true. TV-PG

Edited by tv echo

La Brea's Natalie Zea Teases a 'Wardrobe Change for Everyone' in Back Half of Season 2 — Find Out Why
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 27 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/01/27/la-brea-natalie-zea-preview-season-2-new-clothes-finale/ 

TVLINE | Eve’s gonna die! Apparently. According to Gavin’s vision.
[Laughs] Oh, is that right?

TVLINE | Is it going to be hard for Gavin to keep that a secret?
You know, I thought it was going to be tougher, but he spills at some point. I’m not going to tell you who he spills to or how he spills, but he does spill. It’s not his secret alone.

TVLINE | I did ask your showrunner, David Appelbaum, if there is going to be any “science” behind why Gavin now can see the future….
And I’m sure he was like, “Let me draw you on a cocktail napkin how it all works….”
TVLINE | Since Levi decided to stay in 1988, will Eve and Gavin’s fractured marriage have a chance to strengthen?
Yeah, but just because Levi is in different time and place doesn’t mean that all the problems are, too. Now [Eve and Gavin] have to actually confront each other about what happened and who’s to blame, who was really wronged and who was wrong. And when you’re doing that alongside [prehistoric] creatures and constant death-and-destruction, it adds to the stakes. It adds to the emotional stakes, too.

TVLINE | David indicated we haven’t necessarily seen the last of Nicholas Gonzalez (as Levi).
Which is kind of Nicholas Gonzalez’ M.O.? [Joking] He’s a bit of cockroach, he doesn’t go away.
TVLINE | Is anything brand new coming up in the back half?
Yes! I will spoil that there is a wardrobe change. For everyone.

TVLINE | For everyone?
Kind of. I mean, it’s temporary….

TVLINE | What, did that handy Hollywood wardrobe truck sink into a tar pit?
There’s “an event.” There’s an event, and we all change clothes.
TVLINE | You told me you’re all done filming Season 2. What can you tease about the finale?
Um, Marlee [Zea's stunt double] gets to work a lot. [Laughs] Theres a lot of Marlee stuff, which means there’s a lot of stunts. It’s heavy. It’s emotionally heavy, it’s stunts-heavy, it’s stakes-heavy…. It has romance, it has intrigue, and in the best possible way it’s very soap operatic. Everything’s at an 11.

Edited by tv echo

La Brea - Episode 2.10 - The Return - Promo + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at February 01, 2023 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/01/la-brea-episode-210-return-press-release.html

Spoiler

02/14/2023 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : A ruthless enemy holds the Clearing captive, threatening to kill a beloved Survivor if their demands for an unexpected item aren’t met. Gavin and Sam lead the rescue attempt, aided by an old friend whose return holds more questions than answers.

‘La Brea’ Star Eoin Macken on Gavin’s Big Decision & Where Season 2 Will Lead
Meaghan Darwish   JANUARY 31, 2023
https://www.tvinsider.com/1079549/la-brea-season-2-midseason-premiere-eoin-macken-gavin-mom-dad-eve-vision/ 

Spoiler

When Gavin tells James about his vision, he’s told by the mysterious man that he can be helped if he doesn’t initiate the virus. Making an executive decision, Gavin chooses to hear out James before making rash decisions. “It will come back to bite him later on,” teases Macken in regard to Gavin’s decision, “but I think the most important for Gavin is his family’s [safe].”
Understandably, Gavin’s decision to hold off the virus on his dad’s compound certainly shifts the dynamic with his biological mother, who he only recently met. Despite the potential rifts he’s creating, Macken says, “he wants to trust [James] because if his dad is right, then [Gavin could get his family] home. So he’s gotta be optimistic about that.”

Despite making the potentially life-altering decision on behalf of his family, and in part for everyone stuck in 10,000 B.C., Macken says that Gavin did what he thinks is right. “You can’t sacrifice everybody for his family. So it’s tough. I think he’s hoping that it’s actually the right decision for the greater good. I think he certainly believes that.”

As for his vision about Eve, Macken says Gavin can’t be entirely sure of what he sees. “He kind of understood what the visions were because there were memories,” the actor points out, but that isn’t the case any longer. “He can’t be sure because they’ve gone back in time. Whether they’re actually real or not real or which part of it might be from the future or the past, he’s not sure. He’s confused himself,” Macken admits.

While viewers will have to wait and see how everything turns out as Season 2 continues, they’ll have a front row to Gavin’s familial woes with his own wife, children, and his parents. For someone who grew up without his biological parents, Macken says Gavin’s position between Caroline and James “is a layer of complexity.”

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Ghosts, Evil, The Flash, FBI, Home Ec, Psych 4, Criminal Minds, La Brea and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 1 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/the-flash-final-season-9-spoilers-westallen-iris-storyline/ 

Will we see more flashbacks of La Brea‘s Gavin and Eve? –Cari
I ran your question by Natalie Zea, and the answer sounds like a no. “I don’t know that we will,” Zea said (having already finished filming Season 2, mind you). “In very La Brea fashion, this second half is going to be full steam ahead, gangbusters, racing from moment to moment,” and thus won’t have time to glance back at The Way They Were.

La Brea - Episode 2.11 - The Wedding - Promo, Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at February 15, 2023
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/02/la-brea-episode-211-wedding-press.html 

Spoiler

02/21/2023 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : When the Clearing and Fort unite to celebrate the union of Ty and Paara, the invitation of a controversial guest threatens to upend the festivities. Lucas offers Veronica an unexpected strategy to unravel her captor’s odd connection to 10,000 BC.

La Brea - Episode 2.12 - The Swarm - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at February 07, 2023
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/02/la-brea-episode-212-swarm-press-release.html 

Spoiler

02/21/2023 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Tuesday) : Eve and Gavin ally with James to infiltrate the Lazarus Building in hopes of saving Ty and stopping Kiera from destroying their only way home. When a deadly horde awakens beneath the Clearing, Veronica must save Ella before a lethal sting kills her.

Edited by tv echo

La Brea - Episode 2.13 - 2.14 - The Journey, Part 1 and Part 2 - Press Releases
Posted by SpoilerTV at February 14, 2023
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/02/la-brea-episode-213-214-journey-part-1.html 

Spoiler

"THE JOURNEY, PART 1"

ORIGINAL

02/28/2023 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Tuesday) : Gavin leads his family toward a new way home, but each step inches everyone closer toward his devastating vision of Eve’s death. Levi, ostracized from the others, is given a chance at redemption when an old foe proposes a deal.

"THE JOURNEY, PART 2"

ORIGINAL

02/28/2023 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Tuesday) : With Gavin on the verge of dying, Eve and her family make a desperate attempt to set things right … even as an unexpected twist threatens to tear them apart forever. Veronica reveals a secret that sends her relationship with Lucas into jeopardy.

Scorecard: La Brea and Quantum Leap Slip in the Rankings, The Winchesters Takes a Hit Due to Scheduling, and More
JOHNNYJAY    FEBRUARY 15, 2023
https://www.cancelledscifi.com/2023/02/15/scorecard-la-brea-and-quantum-leap-slip-in-the-rankings-the-winchesters-takes-a-hit-due-to-scheduling-and-more/ 

NBC’s La Brea has slipped from the Number 41 slot down to Number 59 and it is averaging a 0.40 rating with 3.3 million total viewers. That one has been renewed for a third season, but it looks like that will be its last. Quantum Leap also slipped in the rankings, from Number 50 to Number 73, averaging a 0.35 rating with 2.4 million total viewers. But despite the fact that it is one of NBC’s lowest rated dramas, the network still gave it the greenlight for a second season.

https://www.primetimer.com/news/WGA-DGA-SAG-AFTRA-strikes-production-effects

"This week NBC announced that its drama La Brea was renewed for a third season, but that season would only be six episodes long, even though series regulars have a 10-episode minimum guarantee in their contracts. That short order was in anticipation of a potential strike by DGA, WGA (Full disclosure: I am a member of the WGAE), and SAG-AFTRA workers, and according to Deadline, the network allowed actors to break their contracts after the show’s third season to find other work, signaling that this will be the end of La Brea."

Oh well. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Interview with series creator and showrunner David Appelbaum (teases Season 3, says no official word yet on whether the six episodes will be the end of the series)...

La Brea Boss Unpacks the Season 2 Finale's Back to the Future-y Twist and That Dino-Mite Reveal
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 28 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/la-brea-recap-season-2-finale-eve-missing-dinosaurs/1234938820/ 

TVLINE | With all of the auroras that opened up in the sky at the end, is the basic gist of Season 3 that at any given moment, around any given corner, we aren’t going to know who they might run into, and from when?
I think that’s one of the fun ideas. As you saw at the end of Season 2, there are definitely dinosaurs…

TVLINE | Right, but there could also be, like, pilgrims!
There could also be pilgrims. Yeah, we’re going to open up some new avenues to reveal new people and new things that are down here. The basic premise of the show is that anything could come down here, and in Season 3 we’re going to be able to exploit that in the biggest way, because we’ve opened up all these auroras.
TVLINE | What are we calling the group that uses that four-hexagon logo seen on the business card in Scott’s wallet and on Levi’s tattooed arm?
That’s actually a mystery that we’re reserving for Season 3. The people behind that group are the same people who occupy that military base that we see in the photo in Episode 14, and they’re going to become a central part of Season 3 — “Who are they?” and their connection to all of this. We’re going to be investigating them — and their connection to Gavin, specifically.

TVLINE | Since Scott had been on his way to a job interview with the hexagon company, was he being “groomed” for something?
He wasn’t being groomed per se, but he will have a surprising connection to this group that he won’t have realized.
TVLINE | OK. Petra (played by Asmara Feik). Now, help me out here. The girl who looks just like Lucas and Veronica… is not their grown-up daughter??
She’s not their grown-up daughter. But that’s interesting!
TVLINE | Petra’s mother was the woman that Scott was supposed to have a job interview with?
Yes, Maya Schmidt. We don’t know where she is, but she’s going to become a central figure in Season 3 and we’re going to realize that she’s part of this central mythology and holds a lot of secrets. She may actually be very useful for us in our quest to figure out what’s going on and how we might actually end up getting home.

TVLINE | And the barracks that Scott saw in Petra’s photo….
Those are somewhere to be found in 10,000 B.C.
TVLINE | Those magically appearing divorce papers that Riley found, that read to me like you just want Sam available for romantic action in Season 3.
We want him to be, yes. He’s had these divorce papers the whole time, and he’s hoped the whole time that “when I do get home, I’ll be able to fix things.”
TVLINE | Before James died, Gavin learned he has a sister. Is she younger, older…? Has she been cast yet?
She has not been cast yet, but she is going to be. I can’t say her age just yet, but she is one of the fun mysteries that we’re going to unfold as we get into Season 3.
TVLINE | As of right now, you only have a six-episode order for Season 3. Are you prepared to wrap everything up by the end of those six? (Deadline reported that with the shortened order, which was informed by the possible WGA strike, the cast is being released from their contracts after Season 3.) 
We’re not planning to wrap it up. We’re flexible at this point. No official decision has been made about wrapping things up, so we’re staying flexible with our storytelling. We’re just trying to tell a satisfying story and seeing what comes.

TVLINE | But from a practical point, you have to have your scripts done by May 1 (when the current WGA contract expires) or something?
Right now they’ve given us six episodes and we’re going to be flexible. They might add more episodes as this sort of progresses, but there haven’t been any official decisions. A lot of that stuff is still kind of in flux.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Here was another interview from Collider:

https://collider.com/la-brea-season-2-finale-creator-david-appelbaum-interview/

APPELBAUM: We did not have the pickup for Season 3, when we were writing the end of Season 2, but we were planning for success. 

We’ve managed to get two seasons, and now a third one, so it’s been ultimately pretty successful.

Question: Has there also been conversation about whether it would be the final season, or are you not looking at it that way?

APPELBAUM: They haven’t said definitively. So, we’re definitely staying fluid right now.

So he wrote a cliffhanger for Season 2 without knowing if they would be renewed.  With his criteria for "success", I wouldn't be surprised if Season 3 also ended with a cliffhanger unless NBC made it crystal clear it's over.

(edited)

La Brea’s Wildest Twist Yet? Here’s the Truth About That Mysterious Season 3 Cast Addition (Exclusive)
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH    JUNE 22, 2023
https://tvline.com/casting-news/la-brea-season-3-emily-wiseman-mystery-character-eve-recast-rumor-1235001233/ 

Some La Brea fans nearly lost their sh… earlings when a BTS photo suggested a major recast for Season 3 the NBC sci-fi drama. But here is what we actually know about series newcomer Emily Wiseman.

Fans who follow the cast on social media got to speculating about a possible Eve recast in early June, when Eoin Macken, who plays Gavin, shared on Instagram a photo of him with Wiseman — who does not look dissimilar to series lead Natalie Zea! — and TV daughter Zyra Gorecki (Izzy), huddled inside a vehicle and looking very much like a close-knit fam.
When a follower asked in a reply about Eve/Zea’s apparent doppelgänger, Macken teased, “oh just wait and see…it’s gonna be….🫠😇😂.”
Well, TVLine can now confirm that Wiseman is a recurring guest star for Season 3, which will span at least six episodes and is penciled in for a midseason/Q1 2024 bow on NBC. We can also report that Wiseman is not an Eve recast, though viewers will have to “wait and see” who she is playing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

NBC Fall TV Shows 2023: The Complete Schedule and Premiere Dates
Tim Surette  Sept. 5, 2023
https://www.tvguide.com/news/nbc-fall-tv-shows-2023-the-complete-schedule/ 

NBC 2023-2024 midseason TV premieres
NBC's midseason and summer debuts include La Brea (Season 3), Law & Order: Organized Crime (Season 4), Lopez vs. Lopez (Season 2), The Americas (Season 1), Untitled America's Got Talent series (Season 1), Deal or No Deal Island (Season 1), and Password (Season 2).

Recently Added Episode Titles - Various Shows - 5th September 2023
Posted by V - September 05, 2023
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/09/recently-added-episode-titles-various.html

La Brea - Episode 3.1 - Sierra
La Brea - Episode 3.2 - Don't Look Up
La Brea - Episode 3.3 - Maya
La Brea - Episode 3.4 - Fire Storm
La Brea - Episode 3.5 - The Road Home, Part 1
La Brea - Episode 3.6 - The Road Home, Part 2

Edited by tv echo