Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E15: Lonely Hearts

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Phil for the save.  The "death tax" came in handy.

I'm with Gibbs throwing the phoen in the fireplace.  There's nothing more annoying than people pressuring you to get on dating sites.

So, there was a security camera in the locker room of that one gym?  Did I see that right?  Because that shouldn't happen.

And, how, Ellie, did Torres chasing after that guy make him almost get away. He started running before Torres started chasing him.  I would say him chasing him had pretty much no effect one way or the other. Or maybe slowed him up for Ellie since he was so busy laughing.

Anyway, this one wasn't too bad.  I had no idea who the killer was, although, I did think that guy seemed a bit incompetent, but then I promptly forgot about him.

• Love 1

I liked that Gibbs didn’t end up sending Jack the flowers and chocolate. It’s weird how she just assumed they were from him and told him, and then she got shot down. But yet she’s still pining for him.

I would have loved to see a screenshot of Vance’s profile in the dating app. He needs a win in his life after his wife died and his ex being a CIA plant. Jack liking him would have made more sense.

The case was interesting and kept me guessing especially after the guest star I recognized (Daphne Zuniga) proved to be innocent. I hope she’s in more episodes since she’s a JAG lawyer because I always enjoy seeing her.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, twoods said:

I liked that Gibbs didn’t end up sending Jack the flowers and chocolate. It’s weird how she just assumed they were from him and told him, and then she got shot down. But yet she’s still pining for him.

I would have loved to see a screenshot of Vance’s profile in the dating app. He needs a win in his life after his wife died and his ex being a CIA plant. Jack liking him would have made more sense.

The case was interesting and kept me guessing especially after the guest star I recognized (Daphne Zuniga) proved to be innocent. I hope she’s in more episodes since she’s a JAG lawyer because I always enjoy seeing her.

Yeah Jack and Vance have more chemistry as well but Gibbs is one of those characters on tv where everyone is supposed to find him irresistible. Makes me roll my eyes. But Vance does need somebody and based off the mention of his profile the shows seems aware of that. 

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Brookside said:

What is it that people involved in this show don't understand about "naked"?

Yes, that was annoying. They did it with both victims, both of whom were wearing underwear. 

12 hours ago, Katy M said:

I had no idea who the killer was, although, I did think that guy seemed a bit incompetent, but then I promptly forgot about him.

At first I though it was a good misdirect ... but after thinking about it, the killer was a police detective who had investigated one of the victims. He was not shown (that I noticed) to be connected to the victim or suspect in any other way. Him being revealed as the killer was as out-of-the-blue as if the killer had been a complete stranger .. except he followed the rule of having had screen time at some point. 

Was there any indication that the sheriff was going to face charges for helping to cover up the circumstances of the  JAG lawyer's husband's death/murder?  
And the  JAG lawyer appeared to be very unconcerned and casual about all the deaths happening around her.

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1

I know we saw him in the episode when Gibbs went to his cabin and both Fornell and this Phil person showed up separately.  They ended up catching a bad guy but Phil was no real help, I guess mostly because he's an accountant not a trained agent.

And before that we saw him in an episode where his wife was trying to kill him. 

Phil mentioned the both episodes in last night's episode.

I don't know if we ever saw him before that.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mommalib said:

Yeah Jack and Vance have more chemistry as well but Gibbs is one of those characters on tv where everyone is supposed to find him irresistible. Makes me roll my eyes.

JAG did the same thing with Mac. No man could resist falling hopelessly in love with her the second he laid eyes on her even though she was too much of an emotional wreck to have a relationship with anybody. 

• Love 1

I was in the kitchen with a slightly blocked view when the episode started, so I only really heard the exuberant yet tinged with frustration "Gibbs!?!" at the top of the show.  I didn't see that it was Phil, and assumed it was f*cking Senior.  I was sooooo happy to find out later it was Phil! 

1) This is literally the first time I can think of, in 10+ years of watching crime procedurals, when a recovering-from-major-injury-or-illness agent, actually STEPPED BACK from a case, due to pain/recovery. 

2) I've probably said it here before, but I can't stand it when suspects who have all the evidence pointing toward them, act all insulted when someone they love is suspicious of them. News flash, this is how people get away with heinous acts for years and years, when everyone around them ignores the obvious evidence because they just can't believe the person would do that. 

3) Also, no way does a JAG lawyer agree to be interrogated without a lawyer present. Also also, making mental note to never, ever agree to attempt to obtain evidence for the investigating team, by trying to sneak something out of the suspect's house. But I did enjoy them discussing how they could obtain it legally, like that's ever mattered before.

4) Was it Vance who the team found on that match.com app? (Tinder? What do people call those things these days? I'm so glad that I'm old enough that I found my spouse the old fashioned way, meeting in college and relationship developing the way God intended, over AOL instant messenger) I thought they were talking about Gibbs but that didn't make sense with the end and I don't care enough to go back and watch it again.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

4) Was it Vance who the team found on that match.com app? (Tinder? What do people call those things these days? I'm so glad that I'm old enough that I found my spouse the old fashioned way, meeting in college and relationship developing the way God intended, over AOL instant messenger) I thought they were talking about Gibbs but that didn't make sense with the end and I don't care enough to go back and watch it again.

Yes, it was Vance.

40 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

2) I've probably said it here before, but I can't stand it when suspects who have all the evidence pointing toward them, act all insulted when someone they love is suspicious of them. News flash, this is how people get away with heinous acts for years and years, when everyone around them ignores the obvious evidence because they just can't believe the person would do that. 

I get what you're saying. But, I would be pretty insulted if my significant other thought I was capable of murder, despite what evidence there was.  In this case, however, I don't think they'd known each other very long so the level of irateness seemed too high.  

On 2/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, Katy M said:

I had no idea who the killer was, although, I did think that guy seemed a bit incompetent, but then I promptly forgot about him.

Same. I thought it was the woman deputy and that she was secretly in love with the woman and killing off all the men she got involved with.

I thought it was a little awkward that Vance was on a dating site, and one for Navy personnel at that. Does that mean the lowliest ranking sailor could click on the director of NCIS for a potential hook-up? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I was actually in agreement with Bishop that Torres' macho decision to work despite not being 100% ready was irresponsible and unprofessional. True, the perp could have outrun him anyway, injured or not, but if he'd torn some internal stitches or something and went down, Bishop would have had to decide between chasing the perp or calling an ambulance for Torres.

4 hours ago, JessDVD said:

In total agreement.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ForReal said:

but if he'd torn some internal stitches or something and went down, Bishop would have had to decide between chasing the perp or calling an ambulance for Torres.

Chase the perp.  Torres made his decision.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, Katy M said:

So, there was a security camera in the locker room of that one gym?  Did I see that right?  Because that shouldn't happen.

And in not just one gym, but two...and with footage that was accessible by others!  WTAF.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:45 AM, twoods said:

Haven't seen Daphne Zuniga in a very long time.  I liked her, but boy did they seem like a mis-matched couple age-wise.  And in the scene where he kissed her, she looked like she was actively recoiling from him.

• Love 2

The whole episode I was like, she looks familiar.  I don't pay attention much to the opening credits (where the guest stars are listed), so the first time I realized it was Daphne was when I saw it posted here.  And I watched Melrose Place!  Granted, it's been over 20 years since that show ended.

17 minutes ago, Trey said:
On 2/15/2020 at 8:19 AM, ForReal said:

I thought she was going to toss Phil aside and go for Gibbs.

Who wouldn't!

I dunno.  Phil might actually be a very attentive lover, while Gibbs might be preoccupied with wondering if he needed to buy more sandpaper for his boat.

• LOL 5
On 2/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, transitfan said:

The whole episode I was like, she looks familiar.  I don't pay attention much to the opening credits (where the guest stars are listed), so the first time I realized it was Daphne was when I saw it posted here.  And I watched Melrose Place!  Granted, it's been over 20 years since that show ended.

And over 30 years since she was the Druish Princess!

• Love 1

Mythoughtis, I have thought that from her very first episode.  Her eyebrows have never matched or blended with her hair, and half the time the dark roots are showing in her hair.  It's not like the actress doesn't have the $$ to keep up her hair color, so I guess it must be some fashion thing.  Personally, I don't find it attractive.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:12 AM, JessDVD said:

1) This is literally the first time I can think of, in 10+ years of watching crime procedurals, when a recovering-from-major-injury-or-illness agent, actually STEPPED BACK from a case, due to pain/recovery. 

3) Also, no way does a JAG lawyer agree to be interrogated without a lawyer present. Also also, making mental note to never, ever agree to attempt to obtain evidence for the investigating team, by trying to sneak something out of the suspect's house. But I did enjoy them discussing how they could obtain it legally, like that's ever mattered before.

Very late to this party, but in reference to people being pissy about a) being a suspect, especially with all the evidence, and b) people who know the "obvious" suspect and have at least a moment of doubt, I submit the original 2-part NCIS backdoor pilot: Meltdown & Ice Queen.

Everyone who knew Rabb also knew Singer, and knew how easy it was to dislike her, plus there were witnessed encounters that did not look good.  Meltdown especially was written from a POV outside the JAG office.  But what I found much more entertaining were the JAG fans.  How dare Gibbs suspect Rabb!  He was too perfect!

• Love 1