Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: You Can't Save Them All

• Start Topic

Hope finds herself in a race against the clock as the threat of the prophecy looms and the pressure to rescue the Saltzmans grows. Meanwhile, Alaric's attempt to keep his family safe leads him to make a difficult decision.

Promo:

Original air date: 2/13/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Hope was kinda getting on my nerves this epi with her... I have to save everyone... It has to be me or no one... Geesh Ego much.. ( really is Klaus' Kid)  Also... Raf is back.... Apparently he was kidnapped so hooray more trauma... Didn't part of the prophecy say something about a wolf and faces.. Maybe that isn't even RAF... Ah well glad Josie 2.0 is still with us.. I enjoyed this slightly soulless version of her.. She wasn't evil just very matter of fact... But still committed to helping... I was surprised at the beheading... But I guess they wanted to make it clear Chris wood is done... Which did surprise me... I fully expected him to get free and leave a note that he was off to find Bon-Bon or something 

• Love 2

Oh man! I was hoping that Kai would survive. It's such a shame that he's officially done...and he didn't even get to interact with Lizzie! That's the cruelest punishment of all.

Dorian gets stabbed but is ok...and it gets Landon to sprout Phoenix fire wings. Cool effect, but a bit confused as to how he got it to activate.

Sebastian seems to be dead-dead as well. I didn't expect that either, but...part of me is ok with it. That being said, him and Lizzie did share a nice scene and Sebastian did get a heroic moment. 

Dark Josie was fantastic, and it looks like she's still Dark inside, so that's great. Though how Lizzie would not know is beyond me. 

I guess whatever happened to Rafael is going to be part of a bigger arc. My bet is that he's the Guy in the Red Hood. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Hope was kinda getting on my nerves this epi with her... I have to save everyone... It has to be me or no one... Geesh Ego much.. ( really is Klaus' Kid)  Also... Raf is back.... Apparently he was kidnapped so hooray more trauma... Didn't part of the prophecy say something about a wolf and faces.. Maybe that isn't even RAF... Ah well glad Josie 2.0 is still with us.. I enjoyed this slightly soulless version of her.. She wasn't evil just very matter of fact... But still committed to helping... I was surprised at the beheading... But I guess they wanted to make it clear Chris wood is done... Which did surprise me... I fully expected him to get free and leave a note that he was off to find Bon-Bon or something 

They marginalized the hell out of Raf, dude is supposed to be a main character but you would never know it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, mommalib said:

They marginalized the hell out of Raf, dude is supposed to be a main character but you would never know it.

Oh.. Yeah that ship probably sailed already B... They got the man Landon literally flying like a fiery angel with a black dude in his arms with the super music playing and not one.. But two of the female leads looking up in gobsmacked adoration... Meanwhile MG Kaleb  and Jed(?) Get to play in the forest for a sec...  And Rafael... Smh I won't even start

7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Oh.. Yeah that ship probably sailed already B... They got the man Landon literally flying like a fiery angel with a black dude in his arms with the super music playing and not one.. But two of the female leads looking up in gobsmacked adoration... Meanwhile MG Kaleb  and Jed(?) Get to play in the forest for a sec...  And Rafael... Smh I won't even start

The crazy thing about that is Dorian saved Landon first lol. But yeah the agenda is blatant and clear.

Edited by mommalib
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh man! I was hoping that Kai would survive. It's such a shame that he's officially done...and he didn't even get to interact with Lizzie! That's the cruelest punishment of all.

Dorian gets stabbed but is ok...and it gets Landon to sprout Phoenix fire wings. Cool effect, but a bit confused as to how he got it to activate.

Sebastian seems to be dead-dead as well. I didn't expect that either, but...part of me is ok with it. That being said, him and Lizzie did share a nice scene and Sebastian did get a heroic moment. 

Dark Josie was fantastic, and it looks like she's still Dark inside, so that's great. Though how Lizzie would not know is beyond me. 

I guess whatever happened to Rafael is going to be part of a bigger arc. My bet is that he's the Guy in the Red Hood. 

Is Kai really done? No one is truly dead on these shows u less they are series finales. Julie Plec would be Idiotic not to try and bring Chris Wood/Kai back. Especially since Chris Wood truly brings some much needed energy to the show.

Besides, the way Kai was just so nonchalant about dying,  made me think he knows how to come back...or that’s my hope anyway.

• Love 4

I was cracking up that Alaric didn't realize that Josie's hair was jet black. It reminded me of when my sister got her helix pierced and then waited to see how long it took my dad to notice. She even pulled her hair up into a ponytail and kept turning her head during dinner and he STILL didn't notice. Another time I cut my waist length hair up to my ears and a guy at work said (totally sincerely, no sarcasm), "Something looks different about you today but I can't tell what it is."

Anyway, I was disappointed that they went with the Dark Willow look complete with black hair, black eyes, and black veins for Josie.

Jade was training to be an EMT when she was 16? And she knows how to do surgery? Okay then, show. I'm pretty sure that you need a high school diploma to become an EMT.

Dorian, no matter how busy you get, you have to take your vervain! Sheesh. That's like Mystic Falls 101.

Yay, Raf is back! But if he was in the trailer because of someone in a red hood, maybe he's a sleeper agent for the Necromancer now and it's just a matter of time before he's activated. I'm just glad he's finally back (again). Please let him stick around for the rest of the season.

Kai continues to amuse me. I loved how excited he was about the honey ham. I would totally watch the adventures of Kai and THE Necromancer. I'm going to miss that hilarious bastard.

Oh, Alaric, have you learned nothing? You're drinking with your 16 year old students because you had a hard day? Just no. I know you miss your drinking buddy Damon, but come on.

And they gave Sebastian a last minute redemption which I didn't see coming. I'm glad he apologized for feeding Lizzie his blood because that was FUCKED UP. I get why Lizzie told Sebastian to throw himself in the Malivore pit but if he had chosen to do that, Lizzie wouldn't remember him.

I'm glad that Hope chose to save everyone else. As Landon said, that's why she's the hero (in contrast, Julia chose to save one person instead of the entire world last week on The Magicians).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Julia chose to save one person instead of the entire world last week on The Magicians).

Julia is always fucking up... But so many shitty things also happen to her its hard to be mad for long without also feeling crappy for piling on

On 2/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Dorian, no matter how busy you get, you have to take your vervain! Sheesh. That's like Mystic Falls 101.

This!  I yelled the same thing to the TV.  Also, at this point, all the humans should know to have a vervain backup; a necklace, a bracelet, a toe ring, a belly button ring, something.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Come on Dorian, this isnt your first day in Mystic Falls! You have to be prepared for crap like this! 

Good follow up from last week, and I am glad that Hope chose to save the most people she could, and that Landon totally got it. I figured that he would, but I am glad this didnt create more drama, just after getting done with the LAST drama blast. Also glad that Alaric seems to have realized fully that he messed up with the kids he sent to the prison, it was a really messed up and complicated situation and he can hopefully find a better solution to these kinds of problems going forward. Sucks that I guess Diego was too far gone to accept a good thing when he saw it. 

So Landon not only can float, but when sufficient emotionally charged, he can sprout giant flaming wings! I have probably read too many Harry Potter books, but for a second i thought that Landon could just use his phoenix tears to heal Dorian! 

Hey its Raf! And going through more crap, as per usual, the poor guy. Hopefully now he can have some real stuff to do in the story again?! The show has a really good cast and a lot of really good characters, and normally it does a decent job at using all of them, but they seem to be struggling a bit on the back half of the season to find stuff for everyone to do and giving them good arcs. 

Alaric, you have clearly learned a lesson about banishing your troubled students, but not so much about not drinking with your teenage students. I know the kids have been through a lot and have powers and stuff, but they are still teenagers, and you are still their teacher! 

So Sebastian gets a last minute redemption, and is probably gone for good now. I have never been a big fan of his (and less of his relationship with Lizzie) and have found his characterization rather inconsistent but that was a pretty good last scene with Lizzie at least.

Dark Josie is pretty awesome. She isnt even full on evil exactly, just very pragmatic and intense, and it looks like she isnt gone yet! 

I dont know if I buy that this is really the end of Kai, he seemed way too chill about his impending beheading, and even he thought that his ending was too anti climactic. I mean, there is a Necromancer (THE Necromancer!) running around!

• Love 3

Somewhere Enzo and Bonnie are both thinking that knowing that a vamps humanity could be turned back on magically would have been useful to know.

This was good end for Sebastian. He gets a moment of redemption and we are spared the endless amount of dialogue in the future excusing his previous bad deeds. 

Not sure if this matters but is the golden arrow suppose to 'fell' the newly risen hero or is it supposed to 'fail'? Because those could mean two whole separate things. 

Also will Hope or Raf be the wolf of many faces? Hoping for Raf just he gets some storyline. Though is this really Raf or someone impersonating Raf or a brainwashed Raf?

Please tell me more is going to be done in regards to Alyssa. Seriously she sent the Saltzman's to a prison world knowing they could be killed and did everything to try to keep them there. Sure you can be made at Alaric though still not sure why she is so mad at him when he gave her a second chance. But seriously what the hell did the twins do to deserve being permanently sent there? So she didn't want them dead so that makes it okay? Also apparently she is now in some weird love triangle/square for what? I get wanting to have more characters but first really develop the ones already there like say Raf. 

Dark Josie is interesting and can't wait to see how she proceeds from here. So is Josie aware of the magic still being there and she is just trying to hide it or is she unaware and it is laying dormant till it takes over her again? Also not sure what to think about a possible Josie/Jade hook up because technically Jade last saw Josie when she was just a six year old girl. Though this is a potential vampire relationship so it wouldn't be a romance if there wasn't some creepy age disparity involved. 

Also they seem to really be emphasizing the relationship between Hope and Josie this season. First it was because of the love triangle with Landon but in this ep Josie appears to Hope in a dream and then only Josie can see Hope in the astral plane. Then when they all come back to real world they really stayed on Hope looking for Josie and trying to see if she was okay. Curious to see where this is going as it could be a potential shift in the love triangle or possibly setting up Dark Josie vs Hope season finale. Hell it could end up being both. 

• Love 4
On 2/14/2020 at 2:43 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

Is Kai really done? No one is truly dead on these shows u less they are series finales. Julie Plec would be Idiotic not to try and bring Chris Wood/Kai back. Especially since Chris Wood truly brings some much needed energy to the show.

Besides, the way Kai was just so nonchalant about dying,  made me think he knows how to come back...or that’s my hope anyway.

Two words - The Necromancer. Of course, it would only be good for a guest shot. 

7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

This!  I yelled the same thing to the TV.  Also, at this point, all the humans should know to have a vervain backup; a necklace, a bracelet, a toe ring, a belly button ring, something.  

Vervain pump?

On 2/15/2020 at 3:07 PM, tennisgurl said:

Good follow up from last week, and I am glad that Hope chose to save the most people she could, and that Landon totally got it. I figured that he would, but I am glad this didnt create more drama, just after getting done with the LAST drama blast. Also glad that Alaric seems to have realized fully that he messed up with the kids he sent to the prison, it was a really messed up and complicated situation and he can hopefully find a better solution to these kinds of problems going forward.

Hope actually trying to be a hero, Landon getting why she chose to try and save as many people as possible instead of saving him and Alaric trying his best to manage to deal with the problems associated with supernatural kids (and just ending Kai instead of trying to re-imprison him or keep him in a holding cell) are generally making the characters in this spin-off a LOT easier to root for than its two parent series.

And in the case of the two kids sent to the prison world who made it back 10 years in virtually solitary confinement for voluntary (the fire-using witch) and involuntary (the vampire who didn't know she was a ripper) manslaughter is actually on the stiffer side for time served in the United States (for comparison, federal sentencing guidelines for involuntary manslaughter with no aggravating circumstances are 10-16 MONTHS).

They're also not making any excuses for the villains. They even had the Necromancer's minion basically explain that the real freedom would have been embracing the new chance at life he got. He's not a tortured victim; he chose to be a villain and do monstrous things in the name of person power and we shouldn't feel the slightest bit sorry for him when he inevitably gets ganked by one of the heroes.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, ybrik said:

Somewhere Enzo and Bonnie are both thinking that knowing that a vamps humanity could be turned back on magically would have been useful to know.

To be fair, in terms of the story its been a decade or more since the main humanity switch flipping stories in TVD happened so it could have been a new spell that was discovered (by Bonnie even) sometime in the intervening time.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

Hope actually trying to be a hero, Landon getting why she chose to try and save as many people as possible instead of saving him and Alaric trying his best to manage to deal with the problems associated with supernatural kids (and just ending Kai instead of trying to re-imprison him or keep him in a holding cell) are generally making the characters in this spin-off a LOT easier to root for than its two parent series.

And in the case of the two kids sent to the prison world who made it back 10 years in virtually solitary confinement for voluntary (the fire-using witch) and involuntary (the vampire who didn't know she was a ripper) manslaughter is actually on the stiffer side for time served in the United States (for comparison, federal sentencing guidelines for involuntary manslaughter with no aggravating circumstances are 10-16 MONTHS).

They're also not making any excuses for the villains. They even had the Necromancer's minion basically explain that the real freedom would have been embracing the new chance at life he got. He's not a tortured victim; he chose to be a villain and do monstrous things in the name of person power and we shouldn't feel the slightest bit sorry for him when he inevitably gets ganked by one of the heroes.

To be fair, in terms of the story its been a decade or more since the main humanity switch flipping stories in TVD happened so it could have been a new spell that was discovered (by Bonnie even) sometime in the intervening time.

Word! to everything you wrote. For about 3 episodes, TVD tried to deal with Damon by putting him in a dungeon. Then they just gave up and decided that a handful of terrorized dead women per year was the price for Damon's over-hyped strategy skills. The Originals were about a bunch of murderous vampires who killed thousands over the years, so it was more about every human around them being corrupted.

A ten-year prison sentence seemed about right for the students. Two were more or less reformed and the other one got the death penalty... unless he found the Malivore pit.