Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Your Pride's Showing

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Well, didn’t that same guy have Sheaner on his shoulders too, and as she climbed off his, she seemed to grind herself all over him? I was hoping he was in costume

That's what I initially thought (and hoped), but then I realised that it was Pride and there will be police presence because people 'on the other side' get stupid and start attacking people.

18 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ariana’s talk with Lisa didn’t convince me she was depressed.  I think she’s just bored and wants a storyline.  I’ve struggled with depression a lot, and the desire to crash your car into a wall to get off of life’s hamster wheel is not that uncommon.  It’s not a personal wake-up call to me, at least.  And If it is a wake-up call to Ariana, why doesn’t she go to a psychologist and a psychiatrist instead of Lisa?  The stuff Ariana used to say about being insecure about her vagina rang a lot truer than this, and I think even that was navel-gazing, not clinical depression.  

Agreed - I wouldn't consider myself depressed, sometimes I'm lonely and sad but depressed? Likely not unless I'm in huge denial but there's probably been a few times where I'm driving on a highway and a semi is coming and I've thought "how crazy would it be to just swerve in front of this on-coming semi going 60+"   people just think about crazy ass shit. And then I realize that no only would it hurt myself (or kill) and my family, but also screw up the driver of said semi.  But I won't dismiss her depression.  I guess we all probably have depression at some level.

9 hours ago, snarts said:

No, the fishnet wearer is Danica, she's a manager (Peter's equivalent) at SUR.  Dayna's the blonder, taller, paler one who was a TomTom hostess and is now a SUR server.  She's the one who causes Scheana such discomfort, not because Scheana's is  jealous or anything 🙂

I think Danica is actually the assistant manager. But I could be wrong. She was in a panic when she was told she would have to actually manage the restaurant by herself because Peter would be in the Parade. 

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Love 2

I'm losing patience with Ariana. First, remember the season when she has body issues and didn't like sex because she hates her ugly vagina because an abusive ex-boyfriend told her it was ugly? Wha wha poor Ariana. 

Cut to season after that,  miraculous turnaround. She's in the back seat of the new car Sandoval is driving and letting Lala eat her out. What happened to hating sex and the body issues?  

Now this season she's depressed.  Can I please have my job back, Lisa, at least a couple of days a week? You know, so I can be filmed doing something? I think she's grasping for story lines. All this shit she advertises on camera. Not buying it. If she needs therapy, I truly hope she gets it or the necessary meds to help her. She just doesn't seem genuine to me. 

Katie is a pathetic waste of BRAVO's money. She does nothing! Why did she quit SUR? I guess she wanted to get James fired, threatened to quit if Lisa didn't fire him, then she leaves anyway after the deed is done. What a mean, malicious bitch. 

Loved the montage of Jax with all the blonde girlfriends he had in the past after saying Dayna wasn't his type, he doesn't care for blondes. 

• Love 18
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha! The “I’m teaching myself how to knit” flashback was so funny.

I feel like everyone who has ever tried to learn to knit felt that moment of WTF bafflement in a deep, spiritual way. 

2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I doubt he realized Raquel was as much of a famewhore as he is when they met, and now he can't stand that she's getting more air time than he is. I can't believe she flat-out skipped her shift so she could watch James work. That's jacked, man. She didn't forget or lose track of time—she's more afraid of her boyfriend than she is of losing her job. 

I dunno. I have a feeling that Raquel goes into the closet to get a jacket and ends up lost for three hours in the darkness, trying to find her way out. I can buy her losing track of time - she probably doesn't know how to tell time if the clock has hands or if the numbers go higher than 4. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I feel like everyone who has ever tried to learn to knit felt that moment of WTF bafflement in a deep, spiritual way. 

I dunno. I have a feeling that Raquel goes into the closet to get a jacket and ends up lost for three hours in the darkness, trying to find her way out. I can buy her losing track of time - she probably doesn't know how to tell time if the clock has hands or if the numbers go higher than 4. 

Oh, geez. You made me laugh out loud, which doesn’t happen that often when I read posts on this website. Do you do stand-up? Are you a writer? Can I follow you on Instagram? You have a gift. 

• Love 6

Raquel lost track of time? Or doesn’t know how to tell time?  I suspect it’s the latter. 

Someone needs to tell Scheana that her crying while insisting she’s not jealous kind of ruins her argument. 

If I have to watch one more episode of Brittany’s pre-wedding tour, I swear I will lose my mind. I’d love to know how much all the bullshit parties cost them. It’s just too much for a marriage that won’t last long. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Sandoval, Sandoval, Sandoval. Ever since you've become a 5% or is it 5% shared? owner of Tom Tom, you've morphed into this 'I'm fucking so much better, cooler, richer than all of my friends' kind of asshole! MY bar, MY restaurant, MINE, MINE, MINE. No Veruca Salt, it really isn't.

I could've done without seeing DJ Muppet Baby again. What a Yawnye fest.

The highlight for me was Schemer singing 'Good As Gold' I've had some wax build up in my ears for a while now and turning that shit up to 10 seems to have fixed my problem.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Note for anyone who ever finds themselves playing poker with her: apparently Scheana's tell is when she goes wide-eyed and affects an expression of innocent blankness (as opposed to her usual blankness).

She also nods her head when saying "No".  Deception 101.

• LOL 3

Just to add onto the Ariana's full of crap train, let us not forget.... Her SERIOUSNESS regarding comedy... and horses and riding them WITH LVP.

Not sure that the "depression" isn't another in the long track of "how to get some camera time"?

Just sayin'.  If she's really depressed, go to a DOCTOR you dummy!

• Love 8
On 2/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Callaphera said:

This episode did nothing to dissuade me from my "Raquel is the future child of Brittany and Jax" head canon. 

This is my favorite thing ever.

11 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Well, didn’t that same guy have Sheaner on his shoulders too, and as she climbed off his, she seemed to grind herself all over him? I was hoping he was in costume, or at least was off-duty working for extra $?

I'm pretty sure that was a legit sheriff deputy uniform and also that you cannot use your uniform when working off the clock.  The association that organizes Pride would pay the LASD for security services.  I'm more familiar with LAPD than LASD though.  I felt bad for him.

There's a yarn store that's probably less than 5 minutes from Katie's house that has drop in knitting class for $25.  She should do that to get some hand holding to get her going.  

James had some funny lines, but I don't remember what they were.

I feel like Lala is always in bio-drag.

I still don't care about the new people.  It seems like they've tried to mostly edit Max and Brett out.  I wonder if it impacted the big fight over Max story line and made it less compelling, but I doubt it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

It is obvious Scheana is jello Dayna and Max are forming a relationship that she wasn’t able to get there. Scheana thinks because she is prettier that is all that matters. Poor Scheana🤣

I don't think she is prettier. She's plastic.

• Love 4
On 2/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, biakbiak said:

How much did Schena and Raquel pay for the hairstylist because if it was more than a dollar it was too much.

This probably was the most straight CIS gendered Pride tv show ever. Based on this show and all their pride eps it makes it seem like the only thing it’s about is straight people getting drunk.

I don’t know about other Pride events but this seemed sedate by SF and NYC standards.

PRIDE in SF is like Mardi Gras!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, aussieinsydney said:

Sandoval, Sandoval, Sandoval. Ever since you've become a 5% or is it 5% shared? owner of Tom Tom, you've morphed into this 'I'm fucking so much better, cooler, richer than all of my friends' kind of asshole! MY bar, MY restaurant, MINE, MINE, MINE. No Veruca Salt, it really isn't.

Tool Sandoval calls "his" weasel like manager from the middle of the parade to see if they're ready for Pride. Then signs off to "his" manager with "I love you man"...WTF? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Tool Sandoval calls "his" weasel like manager from the middle of the parade to see if they're ready for Pride. Then signs off to "his" manager with "I love you man"...WTF? 

Am I naive to think that there is no serious decision made regarding operations at TomTom that even involves these two chucklefucks?   

Scheana is such a twit.  "I'm not jealous!"  Here's another bit of news - without autotune, you're also not a singer.  

And Lala - the entire WEB world was laughing at you and Mr. Fat and Ugly and your silly feud with Fifty Cent.  You should have checked HERE.  Compared to us, James was kind.  

And did I mishear or didn't Raquel say earlier that day that she was scheduled to work at SUR?  She really is a vapid creature.  

• Love 14
22 hours ago, oakville said:

Katie will have a knitting night at Tom Tom.

If she does, I hope she's not surprised when she gets a nasty text message in the middle of the night from FI Tom.

22 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Well, didn’t that same guy have Sheaner on his shoulders too, and as she climbed off his, she seemed to grind herself all over him?

I don't know, but I couldn't help but notice he needed a towel to get that sweat and grease off him.

9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I feel like Lala is always in bio-drag.

BWAH! I had totally forgotten about that nonsense!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, aussieinsydney said:

MY bar, MY restaurant, MINE, MINE, MINE. No Veruca Salt, it really isn't.

I could've done without seeing DJ Muppet Baby again. What a Yawnye fest.

I LOVE intelligent cultural references that are also funny. Well done, keep me further entertained, okay? 

10 hours ago, Higgins said:

I don't think she is prettier. She's plastic.

You read my mind. Dayna is attractive to so many because she refuses to buy into the artificial beauty regimes.

• Love 6
On 2/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I liked the conversation between Jax and Dayna. Jax was surprisingly cool.

That's when I feel nervous. Jax always sounds cool and seems to invite more conversation because he plans to report every negative thing she 'may have' said to the people involved. I say may have because Jax is notorious for taking a tidbit of truth and embellishing to the point of outright lying about it.

Also (not directed to you Hoodooz...) I noticed when Sheana was grinding the security guy, she was so proud of herself and I realized... many of these characters only know themselves as represented on their instagrams etc. So if Sheana is being told that she is so sexy, beautiful, great singer etc., she's going to believe because she doesn't know how to have 'real' conversations. She looked disgusting but she will believe some unknown IG fan over anything else. Jax is the same as is Brittney etc. Vapid people all around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/12/2020 at 7:54 AM, Pop Tart said:

If you are not one of the original core group, Stassi, Katie, Tom, Tom, Kristen, Jax, then you have to 

I think Ariana could be depressed, but sadly in today's climate, the term "depression" was deemed the topic du jour so anyone really suffering from clinical depression made not be heard over someone suffering from situational depression.

Ariana has always tried to like her 'depression' to something that's happening or may have happened (cause and effect thinking). When she mentioned that achieving her goal of buying a house didn't make the sadness, lack of enjoyment, go away I realized she may need to get a proper diagnosis as that IS depression.

My friend is depressed and takes meds and it still bothers her that whatever goal she sets and achieves never helps her mindset or mood. It was hard for her to accept it was a chemical issue not situational.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, geez. You made me laugh out loud, which doesn’t happen that often when I read posts on this website. Do you do stand-up? Are you a writer? Can I follow you on Instagram? You have a gift. 

I don't have time for anything else. I watch too much TV!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, nytonc said:

Someone needs to tell Scheana that her crying while insisting she’s not jealous kind of ruins her argument. 

She was pulling out tactics from her Manipulative Makeup Bag, switching from one to another at hyper speed in an attempt to fool yet another person who was also relatively new to her. Including the couple apologies she threw in to disarm! Props to Dayna for holding tight to the actual thread of the conversation she wanted to have. Maybe that scene was majorly edited, but I enjoyed it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

lol why does Lala talk to James like that? lol like he’s a kid. She has like this “anger” for Raquel why??? Lol Dayna seemed very confident during her conversation with Scheana. Everyone backing her up that Scheana is indeed jealous maybe gave her a little more confidence haha

• Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, Chalby said:

I think Ariana could be depressed, but sadly in today's climate, the term "depression" was deemed the topic du jour so anyone really suffering from clinical depression made not be heard over someone suffering from situational depression.

Ariana has always tried to like her 'depression' to something that's happening or may have happened (cause and effect thinking). When she mentioned that achieving her goal of buying a house didn't make the sadness, lack of enjoyment, go away I realized she may need to get a proper diagnosis as that IS depression.

My friend is depressed and takes meds and it still bothers her that whatever goal she sets and achieves never helps her mindset or mood. It was hard for her to accept it was a chemical issue not situational.

Or she could be depressed because she has no purpose in her life.  Buying a house may be a worthy goal but once you have a house - there it is.  Katie has the same problem.  They think they should be happy because they have a certain level of fame and some $$ and now a new shiny house like all their friends, but what do they do with themselves all day?  Tom and Tom are silly, and their enjoyment of "their bar" won't be very long lived unless they do more with it than dress up and ride around in their little scooter, but at least for now it is giving them a reason to get up and be excited about the day.  Ariana and Katie should be looking for something meaningful to do.  (Working a few hours a week at Sur to stay on TV probably won't fill that need for very long)

• Love 11

Ariana - if you're bi, depressed, have an ugly vagina and a house that brings you no joy, I would say all of those things add up a need to reevaluate your life.....and probably FI's presence in it.  Make up a hot topic du jour and this girl will be its' poster child in a nano second. 

The conversation that Jax had with Dayna was interesting.  Talking about his "type" of girl, who he would hit on, how Dayna isn't up to his standards.....ummm....does he realize his picking up rando girls at the bar days are over?  What?!!  Oh, just because he's going to be a married man, nothing will change?  But of course!!

And Jax totally is the type of guy that you would meet and he would have no recollection of it, like he did with Dayna.   

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

And Jax totally is the type of guy that you would meet and he would have no recollection of it, like he did with Dayna.   

I thought Dayna was ridiculous to think he should remember her, it was over a year ago. She was one of a group of girls that he didn’t invite up to the hotel room and was trying to avoid because he was on thin ice with Brittany due to cheating and they were getting wasted. She probably wouldn’t have any recollection of all the guys if she didn’t know them from watching the show. 

• Love 9

Ariana sucks the air out of the room. First it was her vaginal self hate, now she is a depressed and bi sexual author of a not-selling cocktail book? She started out as this cool, above it all kinda girl...now she is just a bucket of issues. Boo hoo Ariana.

Im just waiting for Tom to admit he is bisexual. That would be more fun.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

You know, if Scheana admitted she was jealous, I would have felt for her.

I get it - she started the show as the "hot" young thing. Former mistress to a C-list actor, then dating someone who was supposed to be up and coming. Famous enough to perform shows and go to recording studios where a bunch of dudes complimented her. First of the group to get engaged, and then married, but still hot enough that guys flirted with her and her ex wanted her back.

And then ... it all went away. Instead of a 2 year mistress, she is basically a hookup. Even a guy who seemed to show some emotional interest ran away when the next pretty thing was in his grasp. She is getting too old for SUR, and all of her friends have moved on - serious relationships, married, buying homes, creating careers, etc. 

So yes, it makes sense that she is jealous that this tall blonde with a good sense of humor and a sense of self-worth isn't really jealous of Scheana's relationship with Max. And Max seems enthralled with Dayna for longer (not that he is likely to be faithful, but Dayna didn't have to buy him an Apple Watch to keep his interest). Admitting it would probably make her feel better, because then she can actually move past it. 

• Love 8
On 2/13/2020 at 5:46 PM, Chalby said:

Also (not directed to you Hoodooz...) I noticed when Sheana was grinding the security guy, she was so proud of herself and I realized... many of these characters only know themselves as represented on their instagrams etc. So if Sheana is being told that she is so sexy, beautiful, great singer etc., she's going to believe because she doesn't know how to have 'real' conversations. She looked disgusting but she will believe some unknown IG fan over anything else. Jax is the same as is Brittney etc. Vapid people all around.

That seriously looked gross! It literally looked like Sheena was "wiping" herself on his head! It was sick and if I were that guy I would have been like 'bitch, get off me!'

• Love 5

Now that I'm done skeeving over Sheena wiping her crotch across a deputy's neck I can finally consider the rest of the episode.

I don't agree with you guys about Sandavol. Or... maybe I agree that he wanted to show himself as the good guy but I don't think it was for "superiority" reasons, I honestly think it was because that pastor was so vile that he wanted to make sure everyone knew absolutely that he did not for one minute accept what that pastor was saying. I"m not trying to pretend Sandavol is some great human, just in this case I think his motives were slightly different than what the majority thinks was the motivation.

I found it ridiculous that the whole group had a meltdown at just asking Jax why he didn't act sooner to get rid of the pastor. That's a legit question. And there is no way J&B didn't know all about his beliefs. I honestly think Brittany is more upset that he is no longer officiating than that he is a bigot! And let's all take note that "he is a family friend" - meaning her family is absolutely fine with those types of friends!! She's as "Kentucky" as they come!! She is a hillbilly who stalked a reality star across the country to sleep with him into a relationship and a part on the show. I"m hearing Reba MacEntire's (sp?) "Fancy" playing in the background as Brittany walked out the door on her way to the big city. It seems like that song was Brittany's blueprint!!

And last, I agree that Arianna has changed drastically and for the worse and I think she is grasping at anything to keep herself on camera.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

... I don't agree with you guys about Sandavol. Or... maybe I agree that he wanted to show himself as the good guy but I don't think it was for "superiority" reasons, I honestly think it was because that pastor was so vile that he wanted to make sure everyone knew absolutely that he did not for one minute accept what that pastor was saying. I"m not trying to pretend Sandavol is some great human, just in this case I think his motives were slightly different than what the majority thinks was the motivation....

imho, his motives were more like an : "Hey, guys ! We're filming now ! It will be on camera ! We have to do damage control right now" 😉  (BUT I really think that they were all concerned, but if there were no VDPR, they would probably have sucked it up. All of them. Ho, wait... Without VDPR, no Bethenny with Jax, so no wedding and no homophobic pastor, lol !)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 9:49 PM, Mazzy said:

That seriously looked gross! It literally looked like Sheena was "wiping" herself on his head! It was sick and if I were that guy I would have been like 'bitch, get off me!'

Someone had to give him to towel to wipe off the greasy sweat afterwards.

13 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Forgot one last thing - Rachel was high AF when she was being reemed by what's his name for missing her shift.

Doesn't Raquel always look like that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 9:59 AM, Chalby said:

My friend said something similar regarding anxiety and was pissed off at how easily the word gets thrown around.  He developed severe anxiety after his brother died and one time he showed me his recorded heart rate during one of his anxiety attacks and it really concerned me (he was wearing his Fitbit).  Heart beating at 207 beats per minute!!!  How awful that must feel.  His frustration with a lot of people claiming to have anxiety is that they don't actually have the condition, but are simply going through the normal physical responses of feeling nervous or heart beating faster because they are thinking about a stressful situation.  It's different from having an actual anxiety disorder.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:39 AM, Mazzy said:

I found it ridiculous that the whole group had a meltdown at just asking Jax why he didn't act sooner to get rid of the pastor. That's a legit question. And there is no way J&B didn't know all about his beliefs. I honestly think Brittany is more upset that he is no longer officiating than that he is a bigot!

That's like Brittany's mother being more upset and concerned about Jax having had sex with men before meeting her daughter, than the fact that he has never stopped cheating on Brittany ever since they got together.  Priorities, people!!!

• Love 2