Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S08.E06: Your Pride's Showing

Recommended Posts

Quote

Schwartz and Sandoval prepare for TomTom's first Gay Pride celebration, but their choice to hire James as DJ backfires when he gets Raquel in trouble at SUR and Lisa thinks he's drinking again.

Airs February 11, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post

Lol, VDP could not be more over Scheana trying to deny that she's jealous of Dayna being with Max.  Just grow up and do your job properly Scheana, damn.

Note for anyone who ever finds themselves playing poker with her: apparently Scheana's tell is when she goes wide-eyed and affects an expression of innocent blankness (as opposed to her usual blankness).

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Perfect manager’s dress down from Peter to Raquel.  And now Lisa knows too that Raquel skipped out.

Peter was perfect!!!!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Scheana isn't threatened, she's territorial.  Does someone want to tell her that one of the definitions of territorial is "defending a territory."  In other words... threatened?

Jax is a jackass, but I couldn't help but laugh when he was being such a bitch to... the one not named Dayna but whose name starts with a "D."  Denise?  Dynasty?  Dionysus?  You know, that other one.  I think I'm just going to start referring to the new cast member as "and the rest."

But, seriously, Jax isn't there to bartend.  He's there to be on TV.

Also loved when James interrupted Peter's dressing down of Raquel to announce that he was leaving and held out his hand to Peter and Peter was like "... k, bye."

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

At Villa Rosa, it looked very much like Scheana is experiencing hair loss.  Her part is very thin.  She definitely teases it in the front and I think she’s spraying it, because the color at the very top is much more orange-brown than the rest.  

Glad Scheana cleared up whether she was jealous though.  Not desperate, obsessed, or jealous.  And I’m going to venture to guess that she’s not attention-seeking either.  Got it.  

E8464287-CD25-46FB-94F0-A38D6C780BBC.jpeg.27bf0098173b891103578a1745d990c7.jpeg

Ariana’s talk with Lisa didn’t convince me she was depressed.  I think she’s just bored and wants a storyline.  I’ve struggled with depression a lot, and the desire to crash your car into a wall to get off of life’s hamster wheel is not that uncommon.  It’s not a personal wake-up call to me, at least.  And If it is a wake-up call to Ariana, why doesn’t she go to a psychologist and a psychiatrist instead of Lisa?  The stuff Ariana used to say about being insecure about her vagina rang a lot truer than this, and I think even that was navel-gazing, not clinical depression.  

Stassi, Lala and Brittney are such a relief to watch compared to Scheana, Danica and Raquel.  And that’s saying a lot.  Why would Dayna ever be worried that those bitches are going to call her a slut?  Isn’t that kind of a compliment where Scheana comes from anyway?

James was so fucked up when he was talking to Lisa!  Pupils like freaking saucers!

I’m so tired of Lala and James getting these make-up scenes.  I feel like they’ve been doing it ever since they joined the show.  They’re constantly having come-to-Jesus moments.  They only time it was good was last season (two seasons ago?), when Lala asked James if they were friends, and he was drunk, and he immediately went, “MmmmmmNo.”  Otherwise it’s totally boring.  Just don’t be friends!!!  

Danica is hard to look at.  Every teenage girl knows that you don’t put glitter on your face if you have bad skin.  And that’s only the tip of the iceberg.  I’ve seen less harsh bone structure on Mt Rushmore.  

Raquel makes Brittney look like a Rhodes scholar.  Raquel cares so much more about *fame* than she does about James, or anything else.  She better pray to God she keeps her looks, tenuous as they are, because she is a gaping shell of a person.  And while Raquel is extremely thin, she has big to very big bone structure.  I could see her putting on a ton of weight, like 100 lbs, over the next ten years if she settles down, has a couple of kids and slackens on her routine at all.  She’s not a teeny little thing like Lala.  And James is the upstanding sort of guy who probably never lets her forget it.  Here’s a thought—Jax and James can go cruising for women together as soon as their significant others start looking anything other than their ideations of the female body.

Wow, Dayna pwned Scheana...by speaking calmly and maintaining a somewhat consistent argument.  Scheana, pride goeth before the fall.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone else think Ariana pulled the depression card so that Lisa would give her a few bartending shifts? 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

This episode did nothing to dissuade me from my "Raquel is the future child of Brittany and Jax" head canon. 

Unfortunately that was also the most entertaining part of the episode, though the editors trolling Jax and Scheana "singing" tried. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

So on top of throwing a fit because Raquel wasn’t there to hear his set, James makes her late for work then ghosts when Peter is calling her on the carpet, never saying a thing about how he pressured Raquel to hang with him? And Raquel doesn’t stand up to him because he can be explosive?

Being on a reality show isn’t worth it Raquel - and I couldn’t care less about Raquel.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:09 AM, OnceSane said:

"Your Pride's Showing".

Schwartz and Sandoval prepare for TomTom's first Gay Pride celebration, but their choice to hire James as DJ backfires when he gets Raquel in trouble at SUR and Lisa thinks he's drinking again.

It's been awhile since I attended a Pride festival, but when did it turn into a circus show? So Arianna is bi-depressed, eh? I wondered why she was telling amazing businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks about it. I felt embarrassed for the Toms' pride outfits. DJ Muppet Baby was totally drunk and Lisa Vanderbucks knew it. I was tired of Schemer's shenanigans by the end of the first ep this season, so I really didn't care enough to laugh at her weak denials at not liking Daria b/c Maxx liked her better, but I did enjoy Daria asking if Schemer were 34 or 16 years old. Ouch! Why do I suspect that TPTB told people they weren't on the schedule, resulting in them being short-handed? Now that I think about, there is no way they could operate with one bartender, one host, and one server. Well, I'm glad we got the obligatory pride festivities and inclusive philanthropist Lisa Vanderbucks patting herself on the back out of the way.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know who is more desperate this season.  Scheana or Kristen.  And then we have Raquel standing the shadow.  Dayna was spot on asking Scheana if she's 34 or 14.

James:  you're such a liar and Lisa is seeing right through you.

I'm not going to criticize Ariana about depression.  How she's feeling could very well be true.  It happens to people in all sorts of circumstances. 

I keep fearing that Giggy is going to break (literally).  I thought that was him at PRIDE or maybe it was the other one.  Or maybe both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that it’s fun watching Jax undermine Danica.

She looked horrible in that thong and neon fishnet. They serve food there, for goodness sake. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

As someone who's struggled on-and-off with depression for most of my life and as a suicide attempt survivor, I sincerely hope Ariana isn't exaggerating her supposed depression for a storyline. Maybe you're just boring and bored, Ariana. Also, it'd be smarter to talk to a therapist than Lisa freaking Vanderpump.

I think Raquel's brain must have absorbed some of the bleach from her hair.

Dayna is about as exciting (and funny) as Ariana. 

I'm still not convinced Max is actually straight.

ETA: Did Dayna not shower after bumping uglies with Max and before getting ready for Pride?

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

I hope that this isn’t offensive. I understand why the community uses the rainbow, but why can’t they more consistently present it in more attractive ways? The PRIDE (I am Raquel) spelled out in balloons was really gorgeous. But LVP typically chooses something that hurts my eyeballs. She wore a hat one year that was so garish. This year’s hat was also hideous, and the many boas did not help.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I hate the way Lala does her eye makeup. Those shiny things near the corner of her eye and nose. It’s so distracting.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Sandoval seems to spend a lot of money on (often exceptionally ugly) outfits that Sandoval and Schwartz will only wear once.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Hahaha. Peter wants to know where Raquel is. Danica time-consumingly regurgitates a list of ways the restaurant is short-staffed. Peter responds, “So she’s NOT here.”

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

It's been awhile since I attended a Pride festival, but when did it turn into a circus show? 

Ever since it's been featured on this show, at least.  With Lisa and Ken and their dressed up dogs partying away as if it really IS 1999 😄 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

How much did Schena and Raquel pay for the hairstylist because if it was more than a dollar it was too much.

This probably was the most straight CIS gendered Pride tv show ever. Based on this show and all their pride eps it makes it seem like the only thing it’s about is straight people getting drunk.

I don’t know about other Pride events but this seemed sedate by SF and NYC standards.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

So on top of throwing a fit because Raquel wasn’t there to hear his set, James makes her late for work then ghosts when Peter is calling her on the carpet, never saying a thing about how he pressured Raquel to hang with him? And Raquel doesn’t stand up to him because he can be explosive?

Being on a reality show isn’t worth it Raquel - and I couldn’t care less about Raquel.

Yeah, that was sad and pathetic. I wonder if she'll get fired next week after meeting strict businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks next week?

 

6 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm not going to criticize Ariana about depression.  How she's feeling could very well be true.  It happens to people in all sorts of circumstances. 

I keep fearing that Giggy is going to break (literally).  I thought that was him at PRIDE or maybe it was the other one.  Or maybe both. 

I don't want to say too much about Ariana's claim that she suffers from depression because I have days where I can barely make myself leave my house, but I don't see how getting a part-time job is going to help you get out of bed on a bad day.

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I was so sure that James mispronounced 50 Cent’s name.

Heh. TBH, I was surprised their social media flame war was mentioned!

 

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

How much did Schena and Raquel pay for the hairstylist because if it was more than a dollar it was too much.

I think Danyia should be thankful that Schemer took her place. Was it she who was wearing that gross fishnet over a two-piece bikini at work?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So, Scheana kinda admitted her true reason for feeling threatened- Dayna’s presence could effect Sheana’s future on the show.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I think Danyia should be thankful that Schemer took her place. Was it she who was wearing that gross fishnet over a two-piece bikini at work?

No, the fishnet wearer is Danica, she's a manager (Peter's equivalent) at SUR.  Dayna's the blonder, taller, paler one who was a TomTom hostess and is now a SUR server.  She's the one who causes Scheana such discomfort, not because Scheana's is  jealous or anything :) 

Can't wait to watch her head explode at the news that Max & Dayna are exclusive.  The best friend flashback was epic.  Good job, editors. 

I five side-eye to every issue Ariana uses to get screen time.  If you''re depressed, please seek out help, don't use it to face to face time with Lisa Vanderpump.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ariana’s talk with Lisa didn’t convince me she was depressed.  I think she’s just bored and wants a storyline.  I’ve struggled with depression a lot, and the desire to crash your car into a wall to get off of life’s hamster wheel is not that uncommon.  It’s not a personal wake-up call to me, at least.  And If it is a wake-up call to Ariana, why doesn’t she go to a psychologist and a psychiatrist instead of Lisa?  The stuff Ariana used to say about being insecure about her vagina rang a lot truer than this, and I think even that was navel-gazing, not clinical depression. 

As with others on this forum, I've also been suffering from long-term depression.  Boredom could be part of being depressed and I get that, but like you've said, you would never bring up something so personal to get a storyline or talk to someone like Lisa about it.  If Ariana is soooooo smart, she would at least be seeing an actual trained mental health professional and/or taking medication.

 

These dumb idiots on the show seem to see Lisa as a combo of minister/priest/rabbi/therapist/saviour, etc.  NO, she doesn't know any more about anything you have a problem with than you do.  Like Sheana going to her about her marriage, instead of an actual marriage counsellor or even her/Shay's parents.  Lisa knows this and exploits the shit out of every single one of them.

 

6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sandoval seems to spend a lot of money on (often exceptionally ugly) outfits that Sandoval and Schwartz can only wear once.

Sandoval tries so hard to be unique and hip and wants people to think that he has the kind of fashion sense and taste which are above that of other 'regular' people.  Like really ugly-ass abstract painting which people with no artistic talent could paint, or bullshit poetry which doesn't make sense.  Try-hards will insist that they "get it", because they don't want to seem dumb or uncultured, but it's actually just all bullshit.

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

How much did Schena and Raquel pay for the hairstylist because if it was more than a dollar it was too much.

Yeah, Dayna also should be grateful that she didn’t have to listen to Raquel and Scheana for two hours. Those voices really make my ears bleed.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yeah, Dayna also should be grateful that she didn’t have to listen to Raquel and Scheana for two hours. Those voices really make my ears bleed.

Always reminds me of that scene in 'Dumb and Dumber' where Lloyd says "Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?  WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

So, Scheana kinda admitted her true reason for feeling threatened- Dayna’s presence could effect Sheana’s future on the show.  

Oh, I missed this. Could you please describe it? Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to be a bartender at Pride in LA. Imagine the money made that day. SUR if you’re short on staff next year, fly me in and let me🍸🍭🍷🍭 looks like a blast too. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It is obvious Scheana is jello Dayna and Max are forming a relationship that she wasn’t able to get there. Scheana thinks because she is prettier that is all that matters. Poor Scheana🤣

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Steph J said:

Lol, VDP could not be more over Scheana trying to deny that she's jealous of Dayna being with Max.  Just grow up and do your job properly Scheana, damn.

Note for anyone who ever finds themselves playing poker with her: apparently Scheana's tell is when she goes wide-eyed and affects an expression of innocent blankness (as opposed to her usual blankness).

And when she sucks on her asthma inhaler...

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, I missed this. Could you please describe it? Thank you!

I think it was when she admitted that "all of her friends" are becoming chummy with Dayna, attending her comedy show, all while ignoring Scheana. She feels that Dayna is replacing her in the group, while forgetting that Sheana's not been a part of the group for years.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

Sandoval tries so hard to be unique and hip and wants people to think that he has the kind of fashion sense and taste which are above that of other 'regular' people. 

 

I never thought the time would come when Sandoval's presence would take away from the show. His arrogance and misplaced 'owner's entitlement' has made him unbearable. He doesn't even see how obnoxious he's become, even moreso when he points to everyone else as being a 'problem' when it's him.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

So on top of throwing a fit because Raquel wasn’t there to hear his set, James makes her late for work then ghosts when Peter is calling her on the carpet, never saying a thing about how he pressured Raquel to hang with him? And Raquel doesn’t stand up to him because he can be explosive?

Does anyone else here wonder if James is physically abusive to Raquel? Clearly, he is emotionally abusive, but his temper and abuse of drugs/alcohol make me feel Raquel needs to walk on eggshells whenever he's around. She needs to get out of that relationship asap. Surely there's a single, sorta-wealthy, man who's a fan and will step up to save her. (Hopefully, he's not counting on in-depth conversations.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

DJ Muppet Baby was totally drunk and Lisa Vanderbucks knew it.

She probably smelled it on him.  She's on to him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

As someone who's struggled on-and-off with depression for most of my life and as a suicide attempt survivor, I sincerely hope Ariana isn't exaggerating her supposed depression for a storyline. Maybe you're just boring and bored, Ariana. Also, it'd be smarter to talk to a therapist than Lisa freaking Vanderpump.

 

I think both things could be true. Ariana could genuinely be suffering from depression. But whether she is or isn't, she is definetely using her depression as the thinly (very thinly) veiled reason why she would be back working at SUR. Thus why she went to her guru Lisa to talk about it and came up with the "solution" of how maybe working part time at SUR would help her. 

This is the same as Raquel suddenly having this sudden burning wish to be a server at SUR. Both of them know that this is the VANDERPUMP Rules show and working at/being directly connected to SUR or TomTom is key. Being the girlfriend of a 'part owner' or girlfriend of the sometimes DJ isn't going to cut it if you want to get airtime and be on the show.

If you are not one of the original core group, Stassi, Katie, Tom, Tom, Kristen, Jax, then you have to strive that much harder to create a storyline for yourself. That's why Scheana is still working at SUR. She knows that they will continue to film there because it's Lisa's show. So she knows she can get airtime. So does Raquel and so does Ariana.

All that said it's still entirely possible, and not at all out of the realm of the possible, that Ariana could be suffering from depression.

Oh and totally a side note but Ariana and Katie have to walk behind the Toms who are tooling along on a cycle in the parade? I know it's all part of the TomTom schtick, but it bothered me.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

In my opinion Katie is probably the one struggling with depression. 
 

Ariana is phony, and I really don’t care about her issues. 
 

Not sure if LVP and Ariana think they are bringing awareness to depression and sexual fluidity, but it seems sleezy to do it for ratings. 
  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have a problem believing that Ariana is depressed. She still thinks she can fix it herself. Been there. And honestly, judging by the state of their new house—if that was how it was currently and they weren't just showing old pix—I think she's showing signs of depression left and right. It took me forever to finally admit to myself that I couldn't organize or socialize or work my way out of depression. I was almost 40 by the time that happened. The first step I took was talking to friends who had similar issues. I would never have filmed it for a reality TV show, but I don't think Ariana is making this up. I also have a hunch that she wishes she bought that house by herself and would be relieved if Sandoval faked his own death, lol. I think she stays with him because she's stubborn. They have about as much chemistry together as Sheana has with any given human. 

Speaking of Sheana...her hair. Is there some Ron Popeil spray action going on? Or just old fashioned shoe polish? Not right, man. I can almost feel sorry for Sheana as she ages out of the young mistress category, because her naked desperation is sad. But then I remember that she's a shit and save my tears for kids with cancer. 

Raquel is scared of James, yet I can't sympathize because she's with him so she can be on this ridiculous show. And I can't take her in these larger doses. Her voice, OMG. HER VOICE. 

I can't with Lisa and some of her outfits. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is Katie actually getting paid to be on this show?  At least Ariana is willing to “work” to justify her inclusion. Katie is just a slug.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

It is obvious Scheana is jello Dayna and Max are forming a relationship that she wasn’t able to get there. Scheana thinks because she is prettier that is all that matters. Poor Scheana🤣

Scheana has never learned that in the end, pretty is not going to be long-term compensation for narcissic and vapid.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

Does anyone else think Ariana pulled the depression card so that Lisa would give her a few bartending shifts? 

Furnishing their million dollar abode don't come cheap

 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

How was Sheana NOT booed off of the bar? Her "singing" is god awful.

I can only assume her audience were totally shitfaced or heckling her. BTW, wasn't Schemer sppsd to be working instead of caterwauling and rubbing her privates on that cop's face? 

4 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think it was when she admitted that "all of her friends" are becoming chummy with Dayna, attending her comedy show, all while ignoring Scheana. She feels that Dayna is replacing her in the group, while forgetting that Sheana's not been a part of the group for years.

I believe Schemer said something like "... and I was totally like, what's this new bitch think she's doing,  moving in on my territory like that?".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I can only assume her audience were totally shitfaced or heckling her. BTW, wasn't Schemer sppsd to be working instead of caterwauling and rubbing her privates on that cop's face? 

Personally, had I been there, I would have cheered and encouraged her because I love watching assholes be assholes. I would have been yelling GOOD AS GOLD right with her. Sheana pathetically singing her one non-hit on a bar top should happen at least once a season. (And I think Sheana probably considered her performance as part of her job, lol. Her fans demand it!)

I almost feel anxious if I even think of what it must be like at home with Raquel and James. Dude yells a LOT and is so fixated on SUR/TomTom, etc., I can't imagine what he's like to live with. I doubt he realized Raquel was as much of a famewhore as he is when they met, and now he can't stand that she's getting more air time than he is. I can't believe she flat-out skipped her shift so she could watch James work. That's jacked, man. She didn't forget or lose track of time—she's more afraid of her boyfriend than she is of losing her job. 

Is James' brother still at SUR? Did we see that end? Or is he just not interesting?

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I mean nearly everyone who ends up at SUR during pride are doing so because they watch the show and want to see the cast and maybe be on tv, so I imagine her reception reflects that not that they were into the music.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ninjago said:

Is Katie actually getting paid to be on this show?  At least Ariana is willing to “work” to justify her inclusion. Katie is just a slug.

Katie will have a knitting night at Tom Tom.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I can only assume her audience were totally shitfaced or heckling her. BTW, wasn't Schemer sppsd to be working instead of caterwauling and rubbing her privates on that cop's face? 

 

I felt degraded for the Sheriff who carried her.  I understand that it's Pride and everyone's there to have a good time, but it physically pained me to see someone of his position to be in THAT position.  And Lisa asking to be carried???  Who tf does she think she is???

 

Ariana being Bi???  WTF?!!!  Bitch, please!!!

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

I felt degraded for the Sheriff who carried her.  I understand that it's Pride and everyone's there to have a good time, but it physically pained me to see someone of his position to be in THAT position.  And Lisa asking to be carried???  Who tf does she think she is???

 

Ariana being Bi???  WTF?!!!  Bitch, please!!!

Well, didn’t that same guy have Sheaner on his shoulders too, and as she climbed off his, she seemed to grind herself all over him? I was hoping he was in costume, or at least was off-duty working for extra $?

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size