Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Til Dex Do Us Part

• Start Topic

I can’t believe that woman had the nerve to ask for forgiveness after she just admitted to killing his girlfriend and lying about it. Wow, the entitlement. 

Dex in her old bridesmaid dress fighting the guards was fun. I laughed at her and Miles both saying “Fair” when she was called an acquired taste. 

I love Miles’ mother. “Neither of you want me to answer that question.” Lol

I liked the Grey and Tookie partnership and their clash of personalities. And Ansel had a good week; he got to drive and got a promotion!

• Love 16

A bridesmaid dress and combat books from the looks of it.

You have to have a huge set of brass balls to kill somebody, sober up, and then purposely go after the ex of the person you killed and try to marry them.

The whole point of a bar having food is to not give you a reason to leave and hit taco bell at 1 AM with the munchies and to serve you salty food so you drink a few more beers. If you are eating shitty wings then beer is fine to go with them, but truly good food you probably want a nice bottled water so you can taste the food so I can see that causing a problem with beer sales. I would imagine having a mixed drink (more profitable then beer) after the meal made up for lost beer sales.

• Love 9

Hey Stumptown, Dead To Me called and wants its plot line back. 

Other than that minor quibble, fun episode.  Tookie really was an ass to Grey, with the whole "we're partners!" thing.  I liked Miles' mom, didn't like his dad.  Give us more mom.  I liked the other police officer in the van - it's lipstick, you're going to a wedding.  That was a great line! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

This show makes me laugh.  I really like it so much.  That means it'll get canceled, I bet.  lol I hope not.  

Someone that I work with told me that I remind her of the actress who plays Dex.  I was shocked, because I don't see it.  I'm blonde and she's not, but, she said it wasn't just looks, but,  personality and mannerisms. lol Go figure. I can't see me doing those stunts at all!  Now, I feel a little weird watching the show. I'll take it as a compliment, though.   Of course, maybe my friend is delusional. What is SO bizarre about this is that I HAVE an old friend who REALLY reminds me of Dex.  They have similar builds, facial structure,  personality and coloring. Isn't that odd?   .........after looking at the photo upthread, I sort of see how we have the same eye color, brow shape and teeth. 

Does she remind any of you of someone else?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone that I work with told me that I remind her of the actress who plays Dex.  I was shocked, because I don't see it.

Was it the combat boots you wore with your prom dress that made the connection?

I liked this episode and am irritated I was doing other things during so missed some of the cool parts. I'm watching it again, mainly to re-see Eoin Macken. Man, he was hot in this episode. I thought he was scroungy looking in Night Shift, his character bugged me, but tat artist is def his cup of tea. I hope he comes back. So far Dex has met two cool men, the military PTSD guy and now Zach the Tat.

I also liked Tookie and Ansel this episode. And Dex crashing the wedding was fun. Our old ass-kicking Dex made a great entrance. Best wedding ever!

On the down side, I could care less about the Hoffman Family Drah-mah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I wasn't buying the 'people come into a bar and eat Tookie's amazing food, but then just order water to go with' stuff from Grey. If they just want a taco, they can go to any taco truck; they came to eat tacos in a BAR because they can get alcohol at the same time.

• Love 6

Good episode with plenty of little things that made it work despite the contrived main plot. I think the show works better when it's not trying to force the three main players into one single plot. 

I guess the main theme of the episode was owning up to your mistakes - quite surprisingly it wasn't so much Dex who had to do that instead she gave good advice (and dropped more hints about her parents).

Hoffman's partner is always cool and I really wish show would use her more. I remember she gave some great advice at the beginning of the season. Hoffman's Mom was cool too (this show definitely has a knack of creating great secondary characters) and now that we've met Mom and Dad I'm waiting for the brother to make an appearance.

Grey and Tookie's plot had its moments. I thought it interesting that Grey admitted to not being overly invested in the bar and it was great that he was willing to apologize in the end. And have we heard about Tookie's wife before? And how did she turn her life around?

I was pleasantly surprised that there was no hook-up between Dex and Zach. There definitely was some good chemistry and I wouldn't mind seeing him again. 

I liked how they styled Dex in the bridesmaid dress. Nice updo but nothing overly fancy and of course combat boots. I also liked all of her jackets, especially the over-sized blazer (but $630 is not in my budget).

• Love 12

I wondered if they were setting us up for a fake-out with Dex at the wedding, but I didnt at all seeing the bride being the one who killed her grooms fiance coming! She really has some balls on her, asking him to forgive her after finding out that she not only ran his fiance over, but then tried to marry him! That is a lack of self awareness that is truly mind blowing. 

Good episode, I am glad to get things kind of back to "normal" with Dex working a case, Grey at the bar, etc. Liked the case with Dex and the bride, and the twists and turns. Troian Bellisario was fun to see as the bride, and I liked the tattoo guy as well. He and Dex had good chemistry, but I am glad that they just had a nice talk, not only is it unprofessional to sleep with someone your investigating, but she just hasn't had the best run of luck with it comes to romance lately, so its probably for the best. 

Hoffman and his family drama was pretty middle of the road, but I already love his mom and how over this whole rivalry is. Dont mess with family brunch! His dad made some good points, like how you could easily say that he is working for justice too, especially with the pro bono cases he works with the money he gets from defending rich people, and that Hoffman can hardly judge him when he ended up doing the exact same thing. 

The Grey and Tookie partnership seems like it will be a ton of fun, clashes of personalities and styles, with Ansel serving as mediator when things start to break down. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm watching it again, mainly to re-see Eoin Macken. Man, he was hot in this episode. 

Thank you for naming him. That dark hair. The Irish lilt. I did not mind him, Grey, and Hoffman all in one episode. 

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I was pleasantly surprised that there was no hook-up between Dex and Zach. There definitely was some good chemistry and I wouldn't mind seeing him again. 

Agree. It showed growth on Dex's part, as she's been known to show poor judgement in this arena in the past. 

And whoever is in charge of music continues to knock it out of the park with a string instrumental version of "I Melt With You."

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I wondered if they were setting us up for a fake-out with Dex at the wedding, but I didnt at all seeing the bride being the one who killed her grooms fiance coming! She really has some balls on her, asking him to forgive her after finding out that she not only ran his fiance over, but then tried to marry him! That is a lack of self awareness that is truly mind blowing. 

Good episode, I am glad to get things kind of back to "normal" with Dex working a case, Grey at the bar, etc. Liked the case with Dex and the bride, and the twists and turns. Troian Bellisario was fun to see as the bride, and I liked the tattoo guy as well. He and Dex had good chemistry, but I am glad that they just had a nice talk, not only is it unprofessional to sleep with someone your investigating, but she just hasn't had the best run of luck with it comes to romance lately, so its probably for the best. 

Hoffman and his family drama was pretty middle of the road, but I already love his mom and how over this whole rivalry is. Dont mess with family brunch! His dad made some good points, like how you could easily say that he is working for justice too, especially with the pro bono cases he works with the money he gets from defending rich people, and that Hoffman can hardly judge him when he ended up doing the exact same thing. 

The Grey and Tookie partnership seems like it will be a ton of fun, clashes of personalities and styles, with Ansel serving as mediator when things start to break down. 

See I TOTALLY knew it was the bride that killed the girlfriend as soon as they said it was a hit and run.  I first thought she was a stalker that killed her to ease the way but then knew as soon as she said “ year sober” what happened. They totally foreshadowed with the bakery thing. 

• Love 1

Also enjoyed this one for the most part, and don't have much to add.  I liked the call back to Tacos a la Cosgrove.  Also, I like Tookie's assistant chef.

Also, I like that most of the characters in Dex's orbit don't necessarily like each other but will get along for her sake or to humor Ansel.  It's an interesting tension.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I was pleasantly surprised that there was no hook-up between Dex and Zach.

I thought Dex was going to hook up with him and that his willingness to do that was why she was then rushing to stop the wedding. I was so relieved that wasn't what happened. Dex being gross can only go so far before it's too damn much.

• Love 2

Um yeah not feeling this ep. I don't care about Hoffman's family drama but his parents are awful imo. His father basically lied to the press and smeared his own son albeit not using his own name. It's a little problematic the show presents this at the end as acceptable.

By the sound of it Hoffman actually got evidence about his father's actions, which was just ignored. 

I could go on but I disliked the whole thing, really turned me off the show.

Aside from that the Hoffman stuff is boring.

• Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, UnknownK said:

The whole point of a bar having food is to not give you a reason to leave and hit taco bell at 1 AM with the munchies and to serve you salty food so you drink a few more beers. If you are eating shitty wings then beer is fine to go with them, but truly good food you probably want a nice bottled water so you can taste the food so I can see that causing a problem with beer sales. I would imagine having a mixed drink (more profitable then beer) after the meal made up for lost beer sales.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, sempervivum said:

I wasn't buying the 'people come into a bar and eat Tookie's amazing food, but then just order water to go with' stuff from Grey. If they just want a taco, they can go to any taco truck; they came to eat tacos in a BAR because they can get alcohol at the same time.

My go-to taco place is a truck in the parking lot of a bar. The taco truck is there until noon until midnight 7 days a week (they used to stay until 3am on the weekends!). The bar has amazing bartenders who have won national competitions so they have great drinks as well as a huge selection of beer and liquor. I go every week just to have tacos. There is always a line for the taco truck. Yes, some people come just for the tacos but a lot of people are also regulars at the bar so they take them inside to eat them and order drinks.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:44 PM, kazza said:

And whoever is in charge of music continues to knock it out of the park with a string instrumental version of "I Melt With You."

It reminded me of the early seasons of The Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl when they had orchestral versions of pop music frequently!

It was fun seeing Troian Belisario from Pretty Little Liars. I knew she was up to no good!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

I did not care for this episode. The stuff with Hoffman and his dad was stupid. It was annoying for him to be up on his high horse about his dad defending the kid when just a couple of episodes ago a cop working on the case was revealed to be super corrupt. Plus if there was a conflict of interest the only person who should have a problem with it should be the defendant, since his lawyer might go easy when cross examining his own son.

The stuff with Dex was not great too. I mean how exactly would the bride lose her fortune if she married the tattoo guy. They said that her parents left her stock and the "board" would take it away. But wouldn't they have to pay her for it? Which means she loses the stock but gets its cash value.

And how does a guy who needs a green card marriage run a business where he can charge 2 grand for a tattoo?

I did like the Tookie stuff though, he is fun so this is a good way to get him more involved in the show.

I preferred the drama with Miles, being with his family, instead of with Dex or Grey. I like them all being on good terms. The woman who played his mum, was another actress from "Imposters", I think.

I wondered if something was up with the bride, but I wasn't expecting her to have killed his former fiance. He did have chemistry with Dex. 

Edited by Anela

I assumed the tattoo business was cash only, and the bride would lose her inheritance because the family controlled her assets-- it was probably something like a revocable trust. And she was agreeing to it-- she could just sign her shares over to someonefor one dollar or whatever, if she was doing it voluntarily in order to appease the family and allay their fears that her husband was marrying her for financial reasons.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, possibilities said:

I assumed the tattoo business was cash only, and the bride would lose her inheritance because the family controlled her assets-- it was probably something like a revocable trust. And she was agreeing to it-- she could just sign her shares over to someonefor one dollar or whatever, if she was doing it voluntarily in order to appease the family and allay their fears that her husband was marrying her for financial reasons.

The sister said that the bride refused to ask her fiance for a prenup.  I thought that a simple solution would have been for Dex to tell the fiance to insist on a prenup himself, thereby proving that he wasn't marrying the bride for her money.  Then the bride wouldn't lose her inheritance.  If she hadn't turned out to be a killer, everyone would have been satisfied.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2020 at 3:04 PM, MissLucas said:

And have we heard about Tookie's wife before? And how did she turn her life around?

He mentioned her when he and Cosgrove were vibing in an early episode. Nothing about her turning her life around, though, so I guess that will be coming up. Looking forward to meeting his wife.