Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S10.E13: Sorry Not Sorry

Recommended Posts

Quote

Margaret hosts a 20th Anniversary party for Macbeth Collection. Meanwhile, Joe insults Bill about his sex life and Jackie has a heart to heart with her dad.

Airdate 02.05.2020

Bill is Jennifer's husband?  How I'm looking forward to hearing Joe Gorga give sex advice.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Airdate 02.05.2020

Bill is Jennifer's husband?  How I'm looking forward to hearing Joe Gorga give sex advice.

 Gorga might must really let loose if the preview video for the episode tonight has ( link )

makes a person wonder what does he plan to tell his one day son-in-law...

image.png.4d550c76c6b62cc9dde6718419947544.png

 

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Airdate 02.05.2020

Bill is Jennifer's husband?  How I'm looking forward to hearing Joe Gorga give sex advice.

I'm more interested in what the grandparents are up to... 

Delores' dad (I forgot his 1st name) - still toasting those bagels as part of your healthy diet plan ?  🍿

Jennifer's mom - any more skeltons in the closet you don't want to talk about ? Next meal with the cooked head of something on the table ? 🍿

Nonno - what's in the 10-gallon stock pot this week? Still sneaking shots of hot sauce? 🍿

Jackie's dad - now why has it been 19 years since you lived under the same roof with your legally married wife you all are claiming are still to be together? 🍿

And Marge Sr - I really would like to know just how wild of a woman you was 50 years ago... just what all did you do ?? Preach-and-Teach-and-Tell momma ! 🍿

Edited by sATL
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, sATL said:

I'm more interested in what the grandparents are up to... 

Delores' dad (I forgot his 1st name) - still toasting those bagels as part of your healthy diet plan ?  🍿

Jennifer's mom - any more skeltons in the closet you don't want to talk about ? Next meal with the cooked head of something on the table ? 🍿

Nonno - what's in the 10-gallon stock pot this week? Still sneaking shots of hot sauce? 🍿

Jackie's dad - now why has it been 19 years since you lived under the same roof with your legally married wife you all are claiming are still to be together? 🍿

And Marge Sr - I really would like to know just how wild of a woman you was 50 years ago... just what all did you do ?? Preach-and-Teach-and-Tell momma ! 🍿

Now, this would be an awesome show

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Why didn’t GIa have her own license?

Why are Dolores and her daughter washing her dog with its bandana on?

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

For those non Jersey people, nobody would drive from Paramus just to go to Panevino (Livingston) for date “night.” There are far better places that are a much shorter drive than 30 minutes. Oh and of course Bill has a yellow car. Ugh.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

So...it’s “jail” when Joe is there, but it’s “camp” or “away” when Teresa is incarcerated? 🤔

Dolores’s daughter is so down to earth and grounded!  How was she raised in the same home as Frank and Frank Jr?

I think Melissa’s older sister—the one that went blonde—looks more like J.Lo than Melissa does.  The other sister reminds me of Deanna from Jersey Shore.  I like them both better than I like Melissa and her fake baby.  I’m no expert, but didn’t the doctors just check Melissa’s hormone levels and ascertain that she is still ovulating?  I think it takes more than that to get pregnant.  Sometimes doctors have absolutely no idea why a woman can’t conceive.  All I’m saying is, even if this was real, it’s not exactly time to search for a birthing coach.  Aside from that, wasn’t there a problem with Joe’s sperm?  

OMG, Nonno said Frankie Jr is “too thick”!  Even a half-blind 75 year old man sees it!

Gia is either the youngest 40 year old or the oldest 17 year old in the world.  I find it very off-putting.  

Anyone getting a little bored of Jackie’s former eating disorder?  She’s not unhealthy underweight now—I doubt she is more than five lbs less than Melissa—why is her storyline something that happened in the 90s?  By contrast, on RH Beverly Hills, which is incredibly boring, they only mention that Teddi Mellencamp used to weigh over 200 lbs like twice a season.  And Teddi’s fitness is tied into her current profession, so her status as former heavyweight is somewhat more relevant.  Call me callous, but I’m tired of hearing, “I was gonna die!” about something that happened before she had kids.  Dolores was anorexic.  We’re not still hearing about it.  If Jackie had a drinking problem way back when, would we still be hearing about it?  I hope not.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Why didn’t GIa have her own license?

Why are Dolores and her daughter washing her dog with its bandana on?

 

That may be why she didn't get into any vet schools in the US...

 

Dolores always calling Frank by his first and last name is weird. Even when she's talking to him. There are 3 Joe's who get first/last name referenced less.

 

I was suspicious about Teresa forgetting the birth certificate but Gia forgetting the license? Come on.

 

I kind of love JoeGo saying he didn't like Teresa and Joe Gi's relationship like it's new information and he never got black hair dye all over him. Was that suppose to be a shock?

 

Joe Gorga and Jennifer are competing for who needs to shut up more. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just have a question for Melissa—nobody was allowed to fight or “act like an asshole” for Jennifer’s birthday in Jamaica (including Jennifer), or Melissa was going to get pissed, and no one was allowed to act poorly (except Melissa) at Melissa’s 40th, but if Jennifer is “an asshole” at Margaret’s professional party, Melissa warns that she’s going to turn up?  So.....the rules apply to everyone but Melissa?  

The way Margaret looked at her party was the best I have ever seen her look.  Aside from the fact that her breasts could have used more support.  The hair, the makeup, the tan, the metal on the dress—all to die for.  Regardless of her financial status, I’m proud of her, and it was sweet to give a shout-out to her mom.  With their troubled past, it would have been so easy to take all credit and leave her mom out of it.  

Also, Jennifer looked very pretty at her date with Bill—even though what she was wearing looked like a communion dress and her lips still looked like a baboon’s a$$ whole, she is looking slim and her hair and eyebrow game are on point.  

I think Jackie would have accepted Jennifer’s apology if it had been at any other point in time.  But now that Jackie is getting along with Dolores and Teresa, suddenly she’s not fighting a two or three front war, and she has a backbone.  Miss me.  Plus, they’re going to turn on her.  Teresa already make a crack that Jackie could take a page out of Margaret’s book on how to throw a party.  Wonder if Jackie is going to take that up with Teresa? <doubtful>

“You got to straighten your wife out.”  I have no idea how to react to such a disgusting 16th century comment.  In some ways, it’s more offensive to say that than “you’ve got to bang your wife more,” which I consider to be fighting words.  Joe is just a short, mouth-breathing human ape.  I like all the husbands, even Frank, who is not even a husband, more.  Joe Giudice and Joe Go’s own father had his little bitch number a long time ago.  

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gabby couldn't get into any vet schools in the states ? Where did she go to undergrad ? I know 30 US accredited schools is a small nbr ( source ) , but applicant only needs one  school...

This is a flashback to another side conversation on another show/board when one of the cast remembers only applied to a medical school outside of the states. One of the points of concern was how hard it could be to find a residency for someone who attended school outside of the traditional US medical school programs.

Do vets have a do a residency ?

Can't image a college turning off water at 10pm...

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I just have a question for Melissa—nobody was allowed to fight or “act like an asshole” for Jennifer’s birthday in Jamaica (including Jennifer), or Melissa was going to get pissed, and no one was allowed to act poorly (except Melissa) at Melissa’s 40th, but if Jennifer is “an asshole” at Margaret’s professional party, Melissa warns that she’s going to turn up?  So.....the rules apply to everyone but Melissa?  

The way Margaret looked at her party was the best I have ever seen her look.  Aside from the fact that her breasts could have used more support.  The hair, the makeup, the tan, the metal on the dress—all to die for.  Regardless of her financial status, I’m proud of her, and it was sweet to give a shout-out to her mom.  With their troubled past, it would have been so easy to take all credit and leave her mom out of it.  

Also, Jennifer looked very pretty at her date with Bill—even though what she was wearing looked like a communion dress and her lips still looked like a baboon’s a$$ whole, she is looking slim and her hair and eyebrow game are on point.  

I think Jackie would have accepted Jennifer’s apology if it had been at any other point in time.  But now that Jackie is getting along with Dolores and Teresa, suddenly she’s not fighting a two or three front war, and she has a backbone.  Miss me.  Plus, they’re going to turn on her.  Teresa already make a crack that Jackie could take a page out of Margaret’s book on how to throw a party.  Wonder if Jackie is going to take that up with Teresa? <doubtful>

“You got to straighten your wife out.”  I have no idea how to react to such a disgusting 16th century comment.  In some ways, it’s more offensive to say that than “you’ve got to bang your wife more,” which I consider to be fighting words.  Joe is just a short, mouth-breathing human ape.  I like all the husbands, even Frank, who is not even a husband, more.  Joe Giudice and Joe Go’s own father had his little bitch number a long time ago.  

I am repulsed what Gorga said to Bill and how the other and Jackie's husband stood around and cosigned it. I am lukewarm on Gorga but this ticked me off.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

It’s none of Joe G.’s business how often Dr. Eyebrows bangs his wife even though Dr. E. himself had mentioned it during the poker game they had while the ho’s were in Jamaica. I can’t believe Dr. E. repeated what Joe said in front of Delores and whoever else was standing there. I would think that would be a private conversation with his wife considering Joe said he needed to in order to get the stick out ofJennifer’s ass. I wonder if she ever apologized to Melissa for throwing tableware or thanked Delores for riding home with her. Fuck if I would have gone home with her!

Can’t wait for next week!

Edited by pieinmyeye
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jen is just so full of herself.  No one cares about how much money you spend to impress other people. (BTW, Jackie said in an interview that there was other food there for the adults).  And after seeing the interior of your house and the clothes you wear, you're just plain tacky.  Same goes for flinging a plate and utensil at someone.  And then she spins what she actually said to Jackie into how she tried to apologize.  Sorry.. Not sorry.

That poor dog. 

There were a lot of breasts on display.

Gorga shouldn't have said what he said to Bill.  He should have just said that he didn't appreciate Jen throwing things at his wife.

That trip to ICE with the girls shouldn't have been filmed.  But it's Tre.  Anything for a buck.

Edited by breezy424
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

 

That may be why she didn't get into any vet schools in the US...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It is possible that Juicy is "picking a fight" with Tre- so she would go ahead and let him go and file for divorce? 

I had a friend who did that with boyfriends. Pick a stupid fight so they would leave her. Otherwise if she would just initiate the breakup, the boyfriends would seem to linger around.

image.png.566d8ce54e498ce9fee323e1461f1cd2.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad the girls got to see their dad, but why is Gia copping such an attitude with Teresa? She's 18. Shouldn't she be responsible for her own license? 

Joe Go, man. He took me on a roller coaster ride tonight. I actually teared up when he was saying he never saw Juicy treat her right and how a real man can look his wife in the eye and tell her he loves her. Teresa has a mountain of fucking flaws and I generally don't like her; but I felt so sad for her in that moment. 

But then he was back to being a pig by the end of the episode. It's actually kind of nice that all the guys can get along, and then he goes and makes Dr. Bill all uncomfortable by telling him he should bang his wife more. Yikes! I don't know why he thinks the man is responsible for Jennifer's foul behavior. Just stay out of it, Joe. 

I didn't really feel Jennifer's apology was sincere, so I didn't care that Jackie didn't really want to hear it. 

 

Jackie's dad's house just seems way too big for one person. I'm worried he's just gonna fill it right back up with junk. Maybe he should downsize. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

if the condiments could be organized into a basket, why not the 1st aid supplies ? Too much trouble to dig though a basket ? How much does dear-dad need 1st aid supplies - more than the McCormick spices and olive oil ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

if the condiments could be organized into a basket, why not the 1st aid supplies ? Too much trouble to dig though a basket ? How much does dear-dad need 1st aid supplies - more than the McCormick spices and olive oil ?

I wondered about that too, but maybe they ran out of baskets, lol.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, sATL said:

Gabby couldn't get into any vet schools in the states ? I know 30 US accredited schools is a small nbr ( source ) , but applicant only needs one  school...

This is a flashback to another side conversation on another show/board when one of the cast remembers only applied to a medical school outside of the states. One of the points of concern was how hard it could be to find a residency for someone who attended school outside of the traditional US medical school programs.

Do vets have a do a residency ?

Can't image a college turning off water at 10pm...

 

Dolores said she didn't get in any. 

 

30 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

 

Joe Go, man. He took me on a roller coaster ride tonight. I actually teared up when he was saying he never saw Juicy treat her right and how a real man can look his wife in the eye and tell her he loves her. Teresa has a mountain of fucking flaws and I generally don't like her; but I felt so sad for her in that moment. 

But then he was back to being a pig by the end of the episode. It's actually kind of nice that all the guys can get along, and then he goes and makes Dr. Bill all uncomfortable by telling him he should bang his wife more. Yikes! I don't know why he thinks the man is responsible for Jennifer's foul behavior. Just stay out of it, Joe. 

 

 

JoeGo loves/needs Joe Gi because as long as he can be a topic of discussion JoeGo can have someone to claim superiority over. Andy always let's his gross moments slide or spends as little time as possible on them, such as the ongoing disrespect of Melissa to the kids last year.  If Joe Guidice told someone to bang their wife more and straighten her out, Andy would drag him for a half hour at the reunion. He loves JoeGo though, if not for that Melissa wouldn't still be here I'm sure. Hell even I admit he brings more to the table than Melissa. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jennifer REALLY needs to lay off the tequila.  It makes her act worse than she normally does.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Joe "The Poison" Gorga is a jerk.  Jennifer problem is that she's jealous and has a crappy personality.  Whether she needs more sex is the least of her problems and none of Joe's business.

 I think the root of a whole lot of Jackie's issues is her father.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

Jennifer REALLY needs to lay off the tequila.  It makes her act worse than she normally does.

Or, and this is just a suggestion, the show should be paying someone to just stand at the entrance to wherever and hand Jennifer a shot or three of tequila as she comes in the door because otherwise the show becomes a bit of a snoozer. It's either than or seeing Joe Gorga hand over his spunk in a clinic. I'll take Jennifer drunkenly throwing tableware over that any day. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Gabby couldn't get into any vet schools in the states ? Where did she go to undergrad ? I know 30 US accredited schools is a small nbr ( source ) , but applicant only needs one  school...

This is a flashback to another side conversation on another show/board when one of the cast remembers only applied to a medical school outside of the states. One of the points of concern was how hard it could be to find a residency for someone who attended school outside of the traditional US medical school programs.

Do vets have a do a residency ?

Can't image a college turning off water at 10pm...

It is much harder to get into veterinary school than medical school in this country.

Edited by Higgins
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone in the Guidice household have an ounce of common sense? Teresa went to check if the sink is still leaking, and finds everything under the sink soaked. She knew it was leaking, and, from her question, we are lead to believe that Nonno and Gia also knew. No one thought to empty the shelf below the sink and/or place a bucket or bowl to catch the water? Really?

  • Like 19
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does anyone in the Guidice household have an ounce of common sense? Teresa went to check if the sink is still leaking, and finds everything under the sink soaked. She knew it was leaking, and, from her question, we are lead to believe that Nonno and Gia also knew. No one thought to empty the shelf below the sink and/or place a bucket or bowl to catch the water? Really?

Did any of us ever think she was the sharpest tool in the shed? No, we did not.  

Why would she think the sink stopped leaking on it's own? Sink, heal thy self.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

To play Devil’s Advocate on Teresa forgetting their documents- it’s possible they had to send copies when scheduling the visit- which would explain why Gia didn’t have her license.

Melissa’s Mom was funny when she said cheers to her egg. 

Did Nonna mean Frankie is too thick in the head, or the body ? Maybe both. 
 


 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

ackie's dad's house just seems way too big for one person. I'm worried he's just gonna fill it right back up with junk. Maybe he should downsize. 

That show will be called Real Hoarders of New Jersey.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Vet school is hard to get in to, if she could go to a school outside the US then good for her.  The students still have to be interns so their education and training continues, win, win.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why didn’t GIa have her own license?

Why are Dolores and her daughter washing her dog with its bandana on?

I thought Tre forget her own license and the kid's birth certificates probably need to prove that Joe is their dad and they can visit him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Why are Dolores and her daughter washing her dog with its bandana on?

I really did not notice that but that little is just adorable!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I thought Tre forget her own license and the kid's birth certificates probably need to prove that Joe is their dad and they can visit him.  

Did you notice that Tre said "we forgot our license," for someone who calls ingredients "ingrediences," she did not use the plural tense as they all share the one license.

Also, when I got my drivers license (a million years ago), I never left home without it or my purse, strange that Gia would leave her bag at home.   

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

So...it’s “jail” when Joe is there, but it’s “camp” or “away” when Teresa is incarcerated?

Teresa also refers to when she was in "jail"; she did it last week or the week before--I don't know; it all blends. But, seriously, why does no one seem to get that "away" and "camp" are not "head in the sand" denials; they're actual terms for incarceration/locations. These fools didn't make them up.

Quote

I think Melissa’s older sister—the one that went blonde—looks more like J.Lo than Melissa does. 

I thought the same thing!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does anyone in the Guidice household have an ounce of common sense? Teresa went to check if the sink is still leaking, and finds everything under the sink soaked. She knew it was leaking, and, from her question, we are lead to believe that Nonno and Gia also knew. No one thought to empty the shelf below the sink and/or place a bucket or bowl to catch the water? Really?

 

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did any of us ever think she was the sharpest tool in the shed? No, we did not.  

Why would she think the sink stopped leaking on it's own? Sink, heal thy self.

When Joe removed that the trap section of the sink drain, it looked disgusting.  I think it was filled with grease/old oil from frying and cooking.  

I can't believe that Nonno had to tell Joe to take the pipe to the bathroom, like Joe was going to turn the water on in the kitchen sink to clean it out (although, that would have been funny, and not the first time something like that would happen, LOL!).

But, doesn't that huge mansion have some type of slop sink somewhere (laundry room, garage, etc.?  -  I think I remember seeing one in the garage at one point)?  Why would he go to the bathroom?  

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Did Nonna mean Frankie is too thick in the head, or the body ? Maybe both

I was wondering that too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else notice Jackie told her husband she hadn't seen Jennifer since she left "my house in The Hamptons", not "our house" or "the house". I thought that was interesting.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did anyone else notice Jackie told her husband she hadn't seen Jennifer since she left "my house in The Hamptons", not "our house" or "the house". I thought that was interesting.

I caught that, as well.  Makes you wonder if the house is only in Jackie's name, as part of her own private investment portfolio.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, sATL said:

Gabby couldn't get into any vet schools in the states ? Where did she go to undergrad ? I know 30 US accredited schools is a small nbr ( source ) , but applicant only needs one  school...

This is a flashback to another side conversation on another show/board when one of the cast remembers only applied to a medical school outside of the states. One of the points of concern was how hard it could be to find a residency for someone who attended school outside of the traditional US medical school programs.

Do vets have a do a residency ?

Can't image a college turning off water at 10pm...

My uncle’s sister went to vet school in the Cayman’s, and has made her life there since she graduated. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, sATL said:

Gabby couldn't get into any vet schools in the states ? Where did she go to undergrad ? I know 30 US accredited schools is a small nbr ( source ) , but applicant only needs one  school...

This is a flashback to another side conversation on another show/board when one of the cast remembers only applied to a medical school outside of the states. One of the points of concern was how hard it could be to find a residency for someone who attended school outside of the traditional US medical school programs.

Do vets have a do a residency ?

Can't image a college turning off water at 10pm...

 

4 hours ago, Higgins said:

It is much harder to get into veterinary school than medical school in this country.

 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Vet school is hard to get in to, if she could go to a school outside the US then good for her.  The students still have to be interns so their education and training continues, win, win.

As others have said, vet school is notoriously tough to get into.  I used to work with students applying to college and grad school, and those applying to vet school had to be at the top of their class, especially as there are much fewer schools/slots as compared to med schools.  The school in St. Kitts is one of the best in the Caribbean.  I know a handful of students who have gone there because they couldn't get into US schools.  It's a good option....if you can afford it.  

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't paying close attention but didn't Dolores say her daughter was going to school in Rhode Island?  Did I hear that wrong?  Maybe it was outside the US but I swear I heard Rhode Island.

Also, what school turns off water at 10pm?  What?  How does that work?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

At Marge's party, (after a failed attempt by Jennifer to apology to Jackie) Jennifer tells Marge and Tre that Jackie was not interested in her apology and Tre says, "you don't accept an apology from me that means you are looking for a fight." 

Really Tre? Is that what it means? You are going to force someone to accept your apology? 

That seems a little pathological or something, it smacks of a personality disorder, right?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, sATL said:

Gabby couldn't get into any vet schools in the states ? Where did she go to undergrad ? I know 30 US accredited schools is a small nbr ( source ) , but applicant only needs one  school...

This is a flashback to another side conversation on another show/board when one of the cast remembers only applied to a medical school outside of the states. One of the points of concern was how hard it could be to find a residency for someone who attended school outside of the traditional US medical school programs.

Do vets have a do a residency ?

Can't image a college turning off water at 10pm...

My daughter's best friend goes to Vet School in St. Kitts with Gabby.  Its much cheaper to go to school out of the country  And Vet schools are very competitive, probably even more so than medical school.  The school they attend is renown worldwide.   The island suffered during the last few hurricanes as well, which may be contributing to the water saving.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Teresa also refers to when she was in "jail"; she did it last week or the week before--I don't know; it all blends. But, seriously, why does no one seem to get that "away" and "camp" are not "head in the sand" denials; they're actual terms for incarceration/locations. These fools didn't make them up.

This is just how I see it—yes, “camp” is valid, and “away” is valid too, but I think the way this cast uses it is an attempt to distort or deny the truth.  When Teresa apologized to Danielle’s daughter last season, she said, “I was in jail.”  Technically, that wasn’t true, because Teresa was in prison, not jail, but it seemed like Teresa was trying to take responsibility for her actions and be honest about the consequences.  

When someone says they were at camp, it strikes me as denial.  Because it is technically called a camp, they are telling the truth.  Since it’s a camp, if someone asks where they are, is it honest for a friend or relative to say the person is camping?  Yes, technically, but it’s sending a message that, in my opinion, is a deliberate obfuscation.  

It’s like—and not that I’m copping to watching Life After Lockup—but if I saw one episode, and there was this total duck-billed platypus woman who doesn’t have a good body and is covered in tattoos and she was billed as “a model.”  I said to my husband that technically I’m a model too, since I was in a hair magazine, and my husband used to work in the film industry, so he has some credits on IMDB, one of which is for “acting.”  So if this clearly unemployed woman Lacey can claim to be a model, then he and I are a model-actor wife and husband.  Technically it’s all true.  But if I said that, it would be to mislead and obfuscate aka to bullshit, and I think that’s what pretty much everyone who has done time in a prison camp is trying to do when they tell civilians (people who don’t have intimidate knowledge of the penal system) that they’ve been at camp.  

Just my two cents.  She can go on saying it, and Joe can say he’s in “detention,” and it will all be correct to the letter.  It just seems like they’re taking more responsibility when they use unambiguous terms that everyone understands, such as prison, locked up, in the pen.  Say something to acknowledge that you are aware that you confessed to crimes that were so bad that the federal government put you behind bars.  And that’s how I think a lot of people will start to believe that they’ve learned their lessons.  JMO.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wish they would all just say "the bighouse." I had a boss once whom I heard call it that when he was on the phone with his bookie!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

 

 

But, doesn't that huge mansion have some type of slop sink somewhere (laundry room, garage, etc.?  -  I think I remember seeing one in the garage at one point)?  Why would he go to the bathroom?  

I think the plan was to put the trap contents into the toilet

 

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size