Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Audition Speculation

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DCC fan said:

I wondered that, too. May be why there are hundreds less auditioning than when the show first started?

I think it's because of the show itself.  You might be left to do what you need to do without being followed by the cameras, or you might be featured and edited in a certain way.  But if/when the show ends, it will be interesting to see how many try out.

2 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Actually, they should have them do kicks and splits for the first round, and anyone who can't get that right doesn't get called back.       

I used to think they should come in knowing how to do kicks and jump splits, but someone pointed out to me that if you come in not knowing how to do a jump split, the vets will help you and work with you on it.  Better with others there that can coach you thru it safely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I used to think they should come in knowing how to do kicks and jump splits, but someone pointed out to me that if you come in not knowing how to do a jump split, the vets will help you and work with you on it.  Better with others there that can coach you thru it safely.

But you can’t do a jump split until you can do a split on the ground. They have to have that already in their skill set, then, yes, they can be taught the rest

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lindsey Waldrop.  She was on the Spurs Silver Dancers for 1 season. Has auditioned for a lot of teams and most likely will audition for the DCC again.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/5/2020 at 12:32 AM, MrsEVH said:

Shannon?

 

She looks like Laura Dern with dark hair 🙂 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/4/2020 at 6:58 PM, Jennv said:

I wonder if Sarah's sister Tessa, the Stars ice girl, will try out again

I think Tessa is so darn cute!!!  Has she auditioned more than once?

 

18 hours ago, dccdancefan said:

Katy is a better dancer than Daphne

I've never been impressed with Daphne. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Lindsey Waldrop.  She was on the Spurs Silver Dancers for 1 season. Has auditioned for a lot of teams and most likely will audition for the DCC again.

Maybe it's just me....but she's not pleasant or fun to watch.  I don't know if it's her mouth/jawline shape or what...but she looks harsh and her facials kind of scare me.  She looks almost caricature-ish. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think it's because of the show itself.  You might be left to do what you need to do without being followed by the cameras, or you might be featured and edited in a certain way.  But if/when the show ends, it will be interesting to see how many try out.

I used to think they should come in knowing how to do kicks and jump splits, but someone pointed out to me that if you come in not knowing how to do a jump split, the vets will help you and work with you on it.  Better with others there that can coach you thru it safely.

I have been watching videos from the college and high school UDA Nationals over the past couple of weeks (I have a lot of friends with daughters on teams all over the nation so they've been posting videos like crazy) ...and there are several teams that do jump splits...and dare I say it...do it much more precisely and look more controlled than the one the DCC do.  I see why they sent a recruiting team to the UDA Nationals. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

I follow Bret on IG . She often likes posts by the individual DCC. I hope she tries out again and they give her a bit more time than last year. She seems like a sweet gal and has NFL experience (the Colts I think?).

Of this past year's rookies, which gals do y'all think are the most in danger of not making this year's squad if a number of really talented ladies try out? Throughout the season, I really didn't see much of the DCC except when something was posted in the forum. From the little I've seen,  I think that Meredith would be lowest on the totem poll. Opinions?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I follow Bret on IG . She often likes posts by the individual DCC. I hope she tries out again and they give her a bit more time than last year. She seems like a sweet gal and has NFL experience (the Colts I think?).

Of this past year's rookies, which gals do y'all think are the most in danger of not making this year's squad if a number of really talented ladies try out? Throughout the season, I really didn't see much of the DCC except when something was posted in the forum. From the little I've seen,  I think that Meredith would be lowest on the totem poll. Opinions?

She was a cheerleader for the 49'ers 🙂  I hope she does too...I really liked her and she is beautiful!! Do you remember what it was someone said about her having some sort of chronic condition or was it something she said during audition spotlights? 

Rookies on the bubble...Lily (I really like her but she is a major blender), Taylor P (another blender which really surprised me because her dance videos on IG were great), Kat, Meredith (even though she's grown on me) and Lisa.  I don't want to see any vets cut....but these girls really need to step up!

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I follow Bret on IG . She often likes posts by the individual DCC. I hope she tries out again and they give her a bit more time than last year. She seems like a sweet gal and has NFL experience (the Colts I think?).

Of this past year's rookies, which gals do y'all think are the most in danger of not making this year's squad if a number of really talented ladies try out? Throughout the season, I really didn't see much of the DCC except when something was posted in the forum. From the little I've seen,  I think that Meredith would be lowest on the totem poll. Opinions?

I agree, I absolutely think Meredith is on the chopping block. Kat, too, and maybe Lisa if they decide her look isn't right - I've seen some people talking about her stockier, more compact build and that's definitely been a problem for some girls in the past. More than that, I'm not sure. I know Kelly mentioned Rachel A sitting the first game out because of a missed rehearsal - if that became a habit during season, maybe she'd be at risk? But we have no idea if it was just a one off or a chronic thing.

Share this post


Link to post

Rachel A missed rehearsal during TCC for a friend's wedding Rachel was in.  Rachel made show group and has really stepped it up.  I do not think she's a risk.

I believe Lily is well liked but weak when compared to the rest of the squad.  Maybe if Lily gets rookie of the year it will help her.  Kat and Meredith barely made it this year and are still not at the same level as the rest of the squad.  With Kat's ridiculous post making fun of folks in Texas she comes across now as an ambassador risk.   Chandi is adorable but when I saw her clip of Jen A's class compared to Hannah's clip, it was not even close.  Hannah looked fierce and Chandi looked like she was holding back or marking it.   I like Lisa a lot and do not see her at risk.  Taylor P not so sure.  The rest of the rookies should do fine.

I hope that some of the older vets decide it's time to move on because there is more to life than DCC like marriage, family, and career.  It's great to have new blood with seniority.    
 

I do not know if Christina has confirmed retirement but it is time for her to move on.  Three years is a good long run.  Savannah looks like she is hitting the gym for round 4 but how many years has she cheered?  She's beautiful and sweet but I do not ever see her as show group or a group leader.  An assistant gl but a group leader has to have strong dancing skills to lead her group.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Maybe it's just me....but she's not pleasant or fun to watch.  I don't know if it's her mouth/jawline shape or what...but she looks harsh and her facials kind of scare me.  She looks almost caricature-ish. 

I agree. Could be why she doesn't make any teams.  Even though she's wearing black, she looks bottom heavy to me.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I follow Bret on IG . She often likes posts by the individual DCC. I hope she tries out again and they give her a bit more time than last year. She seems like a sweet gal and has NFL experience (the Colts I think?).

Of this past year's rookies, which gals do y'all think are the most in danger of not making this year's squad if a number of really talented ladies try out? Throughout the season, I really didn't see much of the DCC except when something was posted in the forum. From the little I've seen,  I think that Meredith would be lowest on the totem poll. Opinions?

Thinking of all the rookies:

Amanda - one of the strongest dancers on the team, no chance of being cut

Chandi - looks like she's lost some sparkle in prep classes so hopefully she finds her power again

Kat - could be seen as an ambassador risk, obviously not the strongest dancer

Kelcey - another strong dancer and well liked by teammates

Kristin - looks much better in prep classes, a year on the team has allowed her to improve, might need to watch weight though

Lily - clearly adored by teammates but not the strongest dancer, could be at risk if she doesn't step up

Lisa - powerful dancer but not well liked, also has a short and muscular body type and they have a track record of getting cut at finals (Heather H, Allie)

Meredith - still looks like a dance risk in videos from the season, seems to do a lot of appearances though!

Taylor P - solid dancer but doesn't have the best stamina, has also looked heavy throughout the season

VK - no comment!

I actually don't think any vets will get cut. If they're not strong dancers, they're great ambassadors for the team (i.e. Savannah, Miranda). I think Kat and Taylor P might get cut. Kelli fought to get Meredith on the team so I doubt she'd cut her. Lisa is besties with VK too so unlikely to get cut. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

Rachel A missed rehearsal during TCC for a friend's wedding Rachel was in.  Rachel made show group and has really stepped it up.  I do not think she's a risk.

I believe Lily is well liked but weak when compared to the rest of the squad.  Maybe if Lily gets rookie of the year it will help her.  Kat and Meredith barely made it this year and are still not at the same level as the rest of the squad.  With Kat's ridiculous post making fun of folks in Texas she comes across now as an ambassador risk.   Chandi is adorable but when I saw her clip of Jen A's class compared to Hannah's clip, it was not even close.  Hannah looked fierce and Chandi looked like she was holding back or marking it.   I like Lisa a lot and do not see her at risk.  Taylor P not so sure.  The rest of the rookies should do fine.

I hope that some of the older vets decide it's time to move on because there is more to life than DCC like marriage, family, and career.  It's great to have new blood with seniority.    
 

I do not know if Christina has confirmed retirement but it is time for her to move on.  Three years is a good long run.  Savannah looks like she is hitting the gym for round 4 but how many years has she cheered?  She's beautiful and sweet but I do not ever see her as show group or a group leader.  An assistant gl but a group leader has to have strong dancing skills to lead her group.

That makes sense about Rachel! Thanks for the context 🙂 Is it bad that I completely forgot about Lily? I do agree that she might be at risk for that reason, honestly - she's a little bit forgettable when it comes to her dancing. 

9 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Thinking of all the rookies:

Amanda - one of the strongest dancers on the team, no chance of being cut

Chandi - looks like she's lost some sparkle in prep classes so hopefully she finds her power again

Kat - could be seen as an ambassador risk, obviously not the strongest dancer

Kelcey - another strong dancer and well liked by teammates

Kristin - looks much better in prep classes, a year on the team has allowed her to improve, might need to watch weight though

Lily - clearly adored by teammates but not the strongest dancer, could be at risk if she doesn't step up

Lisa - powerful dancer but not well liked, also has a short and muscular body type and they have a track record of getting cut at finals (Heather H, Allie)

Meredith - still looks like a dance risk in videos from the season, seems to do a lot of appearances though!

Taylor P - solid dancer but doesn't have the best stamina, has also looked heavy throughout the season

VK - no comment!

I actually don't think any vets will get cut. If they're not strong dancers, they're great ambassadors for the team (i.e. Savannah, Miranda). I think Kat and Taylor P might get cut. Kelli fought to get Meredith on the team so I doubt she'd cut her. Lisa is besties with VK too so unlikely to get cut. 

Yeah, I think the only vets at risk are the first-years; I can't think of any second-years or higher that are in jeopardy unless something drastically changes between now and auditions (i.e. weight, issues with other teammates, etc.). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

I agree, I absolutely think Meredith is on the chopping block. Kat, too, and maybe Lisa if they decide her look isn't right - I've seen some people talking about her stockier, more compact build and that's definitely been a problem for some girls in the past. More than that, I'm not sure. I know Kelly mentioned Rachel A sitting the first game out because of a missed rehearsal - if that became a habit during season, maybe she'd be at risk? But we have no idea if it was just a one off or a chronic thing.

I’m definitely not on Team Meredith, not only is she whiny, she always appears to want to be a me and not a we, not a team member, and she doesn’t blend style-wise. Kat blends better. If I had to pick between the 2 I’d be Team Kat. And I’d pick Rachel A over both. 

1 minute ago, PepperM said:

That makes sense about Rachel! Thanks for the context 🙂 Is it bad that I completely forgot about Lily? I do agree that she might be at risk for that reason, honestly - she's a little bit forgettable when it comes to her dancing. 

Yeah, I think the only vets at risk are the first-years; I can't think of any second-years or higher that are in jeopardy unless something drastically changes between now and auditions (i.e. weight, issues with other teammates, etc.). 

Love Amanda, things she’s awesome.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Chandi - looks like she's lost some sparkle in prep classes so hopefully she finds her power again

I know everybody seems to like her, I don't get the appeal at all.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Thinking of all the rookies:

Amanda - one of the strongest dancers on the team, no chance of being cut

Chandi - looks like she's lost some sparkle in prep classes so hopefully she finds her power again

Kat - could be seen as an ambassador risk, obviously not the strongest dancer

Kelcey - another strong dancer and well liked by teammates

Kristin - looks much better in prep classes, a year on the team has allowed her to improve, might need to watch weight though

Lily - clearly adored by teammates but not the strongest dancer, could be at risk if she doesn't step up

Lisa - powerful dancer but not well liked, also has a short and muscular body type and they have a track record of getting cut at finals (Heather H, Allie)

Meredith - still looks like a dance risk in videos from the season, seems to do a lot of appearances though!

Taylor P - solid dancer but doesn't have the best stamina, has also looked heavy throughout the season

VK - no comment!

I actually don't think any vets will get cut. If they're not strong dancers, they're great ambassadors for the team (i.e. Savannah, Miranda). I think Kat and Taylor P might get cut. Kelli fought to get Meredith on the team so I doubt she'd cut her. Lisa is besties with VK too so unlikely to get cut. 

I agree with this...I don't think vets from year 2 and up are at risk for getting cut...not even Christina, should she decide to stay...because she's looked pretty darn good the last few things I've seen her in. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I know everybody seems to like her, I don't get the appeal at all.  

I think she’s cute as a button, adds some much needed diversity and usually looks good in the DCC style. She’s not my favourite but certainly blends in well.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, LRCH said:

I’m definitely not on Team Meredith, not only is she whiny, she always appears to want to be a me and not a we, not a team member, and she doesn’t blend style-wise. Kat blends better. If I had to pick between the 2 I’d be Team Kat. And I’d pick Rachel A over both. 

Love Amanda, things she’s awesome.

Yeah if I had to pick between Meredith and Kat, it would be Kat. But I have a sneaking suspicion that that won't be the choice being made. I think there are going to be lots of strong rookie candidates that may be capable of edging them out. 

Amanda is easily my favorite of this rookie class, with Kelcey a close second. I think both of them are going far 😍

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Meredith has a certain appeal the others don't have--(not sure what but maybe she portrays a sense of innocence or something).  And I think men like her.  And if she is good on appearances that is definitely important to the DCC brand.  Maybe as much as dancing.

I hope she is there next year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know if Cassidy Kay (former DCRB) will be trying out again this year? I always liked the dance videos she posted on IG, but there haven’t been any lately. I think she made finals for the last two years and was on Rangerettes with Amber. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think men like her.

I can see why, she's absolutely stunning.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I needed this forum so bad...

I'd love to see Lauren, Shaina and Bret trying again this year, and hopefully see Lisa being that one veteran cut at finals.

And if Ryan Wayne try out for the team, she easily will make it, she an awesome dancer, she was a Kilgore Rangerette and her kicks are AMAZING.

And hopefully see more of Kelcey on the show, she didnt have enough coverage in the show last year and she is a powerhouse ❤️

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, DCC-fan94 said:

And if Ryan Wayne try out for the team, she easily will make it, she an awesome dancer, she was a Kilgore Rangerette and her kicks are AMAZING.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, DCC-fan94 said:

I needed this forum so bad...

I'd love to see Lauren, Shaina and Bret trying again this year, and hopefully see Lisa being that one veteran cut at finals.

And if Ryan Wayne try out for the team, she easily will make it, she an awesome dancer, she was a Kilgore Rangerette and her kicks are AMAZING.

And hopefully see more of Kelcey on the show, she didnt have enough coverage in the show last year and she is a powerhouse ❤️

I literally love Ryan Wayne, she's probably my favorite hopeful right now :3 

Also yes to Shaina and Bret (is it bad I don't remember Lauren??) and yes, more Kelcey please!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If all this talent shows up and only 5-6 spots to fill, it is going to be awesome to watch this season! 

As far as the guests giving validation to a TCC by giving out stickers, it is difficult because we aren’t in their heads and know if biases/personal relationships are factors. Seems Melissa would blurt out who she likes/notices. That could potentially influence another evaluator. Things seem likely controlled by having so many guests but I don’t know... I see potential for muddying the waters... Like had a candidate followed you on IG, taken a class offered by you and so on. 

All in all, it is better than just relying on Kelli and Judy although they get final say in everything. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

If all this talent shows up and only 5-6 spots to fill, it is going to be awesome to watch this season! 

As far as the guests giving validation to a TCC by giving out stickers, it is difficult because we aren’t in their heads and know if biases/personal relationships are factors. Seems Melissa would blurt out who she likes/notices. That could potentially influence another evaluator. Things seem likely controlled by having so many guests but I don’t know... I see potential for muddying the waters... Like had a candidate followed you on IG, taken a class offered by you and so on. 

All in all, it is better than just relying on Kelli and Judy although they get final say in everything. 

 

 

I want the auditions to be better this season than last season, and it seems like it might be. YAY!!

As far as the stickers are concerned, I think the stickers serve a valuable purpose HOWEVER it is obvious by a few of the candidates last season (no not VK because I do believe she was in the top 36) that Kelli and maybe Judy do not use them for their intended purpose. Meredith based off choreographers and Lisa based off the GLs would not have made the team. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, meg.r said:

I want the auditions to be better this season than last season, and it seems like it might be. YAY!!

As far as the stickers are concerned, I think the stickers serve a valuable purpose HOWEVER it is obvious by a few of the candidates last season (no not VK because I do believe she was in the top 36) that Kelli and maybe Judy do not use them for their intended purpose. Meredith based off choreographers and Lisa based off the GLs would not have made the team. 

Yes... I agree! I like the sticker system idea but realize the potential of influence and end results. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DanceChick said:

*cough* Marilyn Manson *cough*

Hey, Marilyn would make an awesome DCC!

image.png.a75e5b3c21ea01c6080650e1ba437e19.png

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hey, Marilyn would make an awesome DCC!

image.png.a75e5b3c21ea01c6080650e1ba437e19.png

cue "the beautiful people"....

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

 

 

If I was just going off that video, she puts a lot of the rookies (and some of the vets) to shame with her dancing, especially her kicks.  I hope she auditions and makes the squad.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2020 at 8:53 AM, EricaShadows said:

If I was just going off that video, she puts a lot of the rookies (and some of the vets) to shame with her dancing, especially her kicks.  I hope she auditions and makes the squad.

She is a decent dancer and her kicks/leaps were good.  However,  I can see them thinking she's too thick in the bottom and thigh area. Maybe they will surprise us though 🙂

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Like 14
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If I was just going off that video, she puts a lot of the rookies (and some of the vets) to shame with her dancing, especially her kicks.  I hope she auditions and makes the squad.

Shes good, but going to need one hell of a makeover. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, MrsEVH said:

I agree. Could be why she doesn't make any teams.  Even though she's wearing black, she looks bottom heavy to me.

Yeah. I can hear Kelli in my head saying, "She's not a fit for the uniform."

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

She is a decent dancer and her kicks/leaps were good.  However,  I can see them thinking she's too thick in the bottom and thigh area. 

for sure, i can hear from now Kelli saying it, she is too thick in the bottom, pure muscle.

Oh and i forgot to mention, Katy, the one who was at UCLA with queen Daphne ❤️

15 hours ago, PepperM said:

I literally love Ryan Wayne, she's probably my favorite hopeful right now :3 

Also yes to Shaina and Bret (is it bad I don't remember Lauren??) and yes, more Kelcey please!

Lauren was the one who was cut at the same day that Bret was cut, the blondie, she did not have enough spot on the show, was one of those who get through under the water

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/4/2020 at 5:06 PM, PepperM said:

Okay, so besides Megan Erickson (ohmymegann_ on IG that was discussed earlier) and Katy Shaffer (UCLA Katie from auditions last year, katy.shaffy on IG), I have several categories of people I'm following on IG now, having found them in some of the DCC sponsored classes, as well as Jen Amburn's and Sarah Idziak's.

Likely Reauditioners

Gina Marie Campagna, 2019 TCC (ginamariecampagna)

Brittany LoGrasso, 2019 Auditions (brittlograsso)

Brianna Shea, 2019 Finals (brianna_shea_)

Alexa May, 2019 Finals (alexamay17)

Likely Auditioning (no evidence on IG of ever auditioning before)

Melanie Parker (melpark111)

Danielle Gerritzen (daniellegerritzen)

Ryan Wayne (rashelbs_78)

Maybe Auditioning? (lots of class videos, but nothing super convincing)

Cayla Williams (cayladeeanne)

Jourdan Blight (jourdan_blight)

Trinity Miles (ttmiles17)

Morgan Jones (mojojojo_jones)

Brylee Brandt (bryleebrandt)

Sabrina Peng (sabripenggg)

Likely Not Auditioning

Kelly Porazzo (kellyporazzo) - now living in Vegas, enrolled in UNLV law school

Abbigail Quick (abbi_dance) - taking class, wants to wait til after college to audition

Julia Fife, 2019 TCC (juliafife) - no Insta posts since Nov, story 3d ago dancing in Austin

 

Anyone have others they've found?

Great, great, great post. I will reference it many times in the coming months!
 

OMG I like Sarah Parton. I hope she will try out. She has great dance ability and she is the holder of the very much needed glamour trophy if you ask me!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

So has Victoria announced her retirement yet?

(ever hopeful)

Let's just say that she would be cut at Finals if I had any say in it.  Since I don't, we likely won't see her retirement announcement for about another 20 years or until some rich idiot puts a ring on it.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

  Since I don't, we likely won't see her retirement announcement for about another 20 years or until some rich idiot puts a ring on it.

Do you mean Mommy or Daddy Kalina putting a ring thru some poor guy's nose?

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I just clicked on Sara Parton's Instagram after seeing @Pau84's post and she's great! I noticed that someone claiming to be a scout or something for So You Think You Can Dance responded to her post saying DM them if Sara is interested in auditioning. Is it wrong of me to hope she stays in TX and auditions for DCC? 😄 I see that she dances (or danced, don't know if/when she graduates) for UNT, where Holly Hubb danced. I know some folks on here were not Holly Arielle fans, but I always loved her. I thought she's gorgeous and always looked so crisp and effortless with her dancing. Sara falls into a similar category for me, but she might be a better dancer than Holly Arielle. Even if there were only 5 or 6 rookie spots, I'd think this one could make it.

I've already stated my indifference to Bret trying out again, but I'd love to see UCLA Katy back, and she's looking very lean and more toned in the recent pic posted here, so I hope that's a sign she's worked to get fit throughout the year with an eye on auditions again. I loved her dancing, her smile, how positive and composed she was after getting cut, and how sweet she was with her daddy. I'm serious Team Katy over here! I'd also like to see some serious women of color contenders at auditions. This team is profoundly lacking in diversity--and no, Jenn A., hair color doesn't count.

Added: I'd also love to see Madeline S come back and be a rock star. I loved her attitude so much!

Edited by M1977G
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I saw a couple videos from Friday’s prep class on Jenn. A’s page but I’m not sure how to link them. They’re under her tagged posts 

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/8/2020 at 6:50 PM, Pau84 said:

Great, great, great post. I will reference it many times in the coming months!
 

OMG I like Sarah Parton. I hope she will try out. She has great dance ability and she is the holder of the very much needed glamour trophy if you ask me!

 

I hope she tries out as well....indications seem to point to that being a "yes" so my fingers are definitely crossed.  She is beautiful...build and looks...she can DANCE and her leaps/kicks are exquisite!!  I'm going to definitely be on Team Sarah if she does audition!

 

19 hours ago, M1977G said:

I just clicked on Sara Parton's Instagram after seeing @Pau84's post and she's great! I noticed that someone claiming to be a scout or something for So You Think You Can Dance responded to her post saying DM them if Sara is interested in auditioning. Is it wrong of me to hope she stays in TX and auditions for DCC? 😄 I see that she dances (or danced, don't know if/when she graduates) for UNT, where Holly Hubb danced. I know some folks on here were not Holly Arielle fans, but I always loved her. I thought she's gorgeous and always looked so crisp and effortless with her dancing. Sara falls into a similar category for me, but she might be a better dancer than Holly Arielle. Even if there were only 5 or 6 rookie spots, I'd think this one could make it.

I've already stated my indifference to Bret trying out again, but I'd love to see UCLA Katy back, and she's looking very lean and more toned in the recent pic posted here, so I hope that's a sign she's worked to get fit throughout the year with an eye on auditions again. I loved her dancing, her smile, how positive and composed she was after getting cut, and how sweet she was with her daddy. I'm serious Team Katy over here! I'd also like to see some serious women of color contenders at auditions. This team is profoundly lacking in diversity--and no, Jenn A., hair color doesn't count.

Added: I'd also love to see Madeline S come back and be a rock star. I loved her attitude so much!

I agree completely with this!  I hope Madeline S.  comes back, kicks booty and blows them out of the water!  I love Katy...I think she appeals to me more than Daphne ever will.  Sarah....I'm on her team if she does audition and as I stated above, my fingers are crossed on that!! Another one I hope tries again, is Shaina Grace.  She is a beautiful and classy young lady. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2020 at 6:50 PM, Pau84 said:

Great, great, great post. I will reference it many times in the coming months!
 

OMG I like Sarah Parton. I hope she will try out. She has great dance ability and she is the holder of the very much needed glamour trophy if you ask me!

 

She would be perfect. She probably makes a lot of money modeling. Hope she can do both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I hope she tries out as well....indications seem to point to that being a "yes" so my fingers are definitely crossed.  She is beautiful...build and looks...she can DANCE and her leaps/kicks are exquisite!!  I'm going to definitely be on Team Sarah if she does audition!

I honestly doubt Sarah will audition, she's only a freshman in college and according to her insta she's in a sorority, it'll probably be a couple years before we see her auditioning

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Since we had a new class this past weekend, here are the new potentials I've found!

Ali Floyd (alifloyd) - AA Ice Angel, auditioned last year. Style-wise, kinda reminds me of Tara, the vet cut from two seasons ago?

Dani Del Negro (danitaylordelnegro) - auditioned last year, flew from San Diego to Dallas just for Jen's class it looked like. Has definitely lost weight and toned up since her audition last year too!

Raven Anzaldua (raveneliseanzaldua) - made finals last year but missed her interview due to a car accident and therefore could not move forward. Has been to a few prep classes, including Jen's this past weekend and some of Stephanie DiBiase's. 

Jessica Bowman (jbo97) - iirc she was one that Jen posted on her story. she's graduating from UT in May and is followed by both Lacey and Kash, as well as several others we consider hopefuls

Jordyn Groover (getgroovywithit) - another story reposted by Jen from class, and a senior on Texas Tech's pom squad. Seems to me like graduating college is the perfect time to audition for DCC for a lot of these local-ish ladies. 

Ally Fawley (ally.fawley) - auditioned last year and posted that she'd be back next year, at least back then. Friends with Kristin, current Texas Legends dancer. 

Kennedy Jo (kennedyyjo) - auditioned last year, made AA Ice Angels after not making DCC, but clearly still has dreams of making the team. Was in class with Stephanie DiBiase a week ago, followed by several current DCCs and hopefuls. 

I think someone mentioned that Tiff Antwine was likely not reauditioning? I can't remember her maiden name, but she auditioned last year. She's commented on lots of prep class videos but hasn't posted any herself, so I've followed her but put her in my "unlikely" category. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I think someone mentioned that Tiff Antwine was likely not reauditioning? I can't remember her maiden name, but she auditioned last year. She's commented on lots of prep class videos but hasn't posted any herself, so I've followed her but put her in my "unlikely" category. 

She was debating the time, the money, just got married - wasn't sure yet.  She posted a video from Jenn's class, but it was in her stories.  If I remember right, she said it was the first time she had danced like that since May.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Figured it out. Has anyone seen these girls before? Sorry if this was already posted somewhere. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JC2468 said:

Figured it out. Has anyone seen these girls before? Sorry if this was already posted somewhere. 

Top one looks familiar. Can't stand Jenn's choreo.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size