Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The Playoffs: Group A

• Start Topic

So the turtle did write DREAMST on the board. Does that confirm Jesse McCartney? I’m not so familiar with his voice like his fans on Twitter but that booty thing threw me off. He just got engaged and I don’t see him saying that unless that’s a reference to those pirate movies.

Edited by dizzyd

Today clues convinced me that Chaka Khan is the Monster. She’s the Queen of Funk and she was good friends with Prince who wrote “I Feel For You”. 

Kangaroo is still the only one I’m not sure about but I suspect that because she’s not a big name. 

1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

So the turtle did write DREAMST on the board. Does that confirm Jesse McCartney? I’m not so familiar with his voice like his fans on Twitter but that booty thing threw me off. He just got engaged and I don’t see him saying that unless that’s a reference to those pirate movies.

I think the Dream Street reference was supposed to be subtle but it didn’t really work. I’m certain it’s him even though I’m not that familiar with his voice. There was also lightning bolts and his tour bus was struck by lightning last year. 

I liked last season's mixing up the cast every week.  Makes it seems fresher. Of course they seem to be making it up as they go along.

I can't believe they let White Tiger stay. What rap song is he going to butcher next? "Here Comes the Hotstepper"?

I'm one who believes these celebs know how long going in that they're going to stay, so I'm not offended when better performers are booted earlier than worse ones. But the presumed Gronk is not good. They needed to negotiate an earlier exit for him.

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I liked last season's mixing up the cast every week.  Makes it seems fresher. Of course they seem to be making it up as they go along.

I can't believe they let White Tiger stay. What rap song is he going to butcher next? "Here Comes the Hotstepper"?

I'm one who believes these celebs know how long going in that they're going to stay, so I'm not offended when better performers are booted earlier than worse ones. But the presumed Gronk is not good. They needed to negotiate an earlier exit for him.

I'm almost Certain White Tiger(Possibly Gronk) is leaving next week. Turtle, Kangaroo, and Miss Monster are the best of the 4. That being said if there is truth to the "they know how long they are gonna stay" Spec who knows One of those 3 may leave instead though so far the weaker singers have been cut and White Tiger is the weakest left of Group A

• Love 3

White Tiger is definitely bad!  I thought he would have gone home this week.  I was so excited that I knew who the Llama was before he was unmasked.  The eyeglasses were the clue for me and then the firing cannon reference.  .

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Heh. Now picturing him singing that is all I can think about!

I'm so glad Drew Carey was on the show! I like him a lot, and he was the only one I was 100% sure about. And he absolutely should have stayed longer than White Tiger. During It's Not Unusual I thought "oh, this really shows how talented Drew Carey is," and during Good Vibrations I thought " oh, this really shows how talented Mark Wahlberg is."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, meggonzo said:

So it's Group A AGAIN next week?!

Yes. Then there will be 6 episodes before we see anyone from this group again.

Miss Monster sounds like Queen Latifah to me. But it could be Chaka Khan. But I'm going with Latifah. And I know I've heard Turtle's voice, but I really can't place him. One thing I do know- Dolly Parton ain't on that stage! I could slap the judges for saying she's Miss Monster. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Bali said:

Miss Monster sounds like Queen Latifah to me.

I thought her (with clues - not voice) or maybe someone close to her.  Gronk is such a goofball and I can't  help but love him - in costume or not.  

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I have decided after last season to just enjoy the show for what it is and not get annoyed over who is kept and who is booted. 

That's pretty much where I am.  I figure the singers will be unmasked at whatever time they worked out with the producers.  I just hope I don't have to suffer through the White Tiger for much longer.  I'm fine with bad or non-singers, as long as they go early.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Someone on this episode or the previous episode mentioned Tetyana Ali could be the kangaroo.   I do think she is the kangaroo.

Did Kangaroo say something about being in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons or something? How would that apply to Ali? I keep seeing Jordyn Woods mentioned, but I barely know who that is, and does she have a kid? She mentioned her little 'roo. Whoever it is, she can sing.

9 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Did Kangaroo say something about being in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons or something? How would that apply to Ali?

She did. I don’t think it’s Tatyana for that reason. She’s been scandal free. I haven’t heard any clues that point to her. 

12 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I keep seeing Jordyn Woods mentioned, but I barely know who that is, and does she have a kid? She mentioned her little 'roo. Whoever it is, she can sing.

All I know about Jordyn Woods is the Khloe Kardashian scandal but others who swear it’s her said little ‘roo was a reference to her little sister. 

Since they are still filming I am wondering if they are going to start throwing in more red herrings related to the speculation that is happening on social media. Both Tatyana and Jordyn have a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Will Smith connection that the show could play up if it’s one of them.  

I think the Kangaroo is Ronda Rousey,  ultimate fighter turned WWE wrestler.   She’s had some problems over this last year,  and last I heard she was on a break from that.. she also bills herself as an actress so maybe she can sing too?  

I think the “costume” the kangaroo is wearing speaks to the possibility, too.  Just total speculation on my part and I don’t even know where I pulled this out from other than the air but it seems to fit for me.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dani said:

All I know about Jordyn Woods is the Khloe Kardashian scandal but others who swear it’s her said little ‘roo was a reference to her little sister. 

There was a long shot of some make up laying about, so I took that to be the collaboration with her now former best friend's make up empire. 

• Love 2

Props to those of you who guessed/knew that Llama was Drew Carey!

I have no idea who it is, but so far the Turtle is my favorite for group A.

White Tiger should have been eliminated, and hopefully will be the next to go. That was bad.

Edited by marykat71702
  • Love 2
On 2/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, Dani said:

Kangaroo is still the only one I’m not sure about but I suspect that because she’s not a big name. 

What about Natalie Imbruglia (sp). She's Australian AND she just had a baby (which could be her "little roo"). She also has a tattoo on her foot (and other places). 

22 hours ago, VartanFan said:

Miss Monster sounds like Queen Latifah to me.

I thought Queen Latifah, but I also thought Toni Braxton - she had "the honor of being knighted into The Royal Order of Constantine the Great and Saint Helen over the weekend,” (I quoted that from some website). But she also does a lot of reality TV AND the voice sounds similar.  But then again it's the connection with the Blue Monster who was T.I. and Missy Elliott did a song with him. 

Yes, Props to those who guessed Drew Carey. I got all excited thinking it was either Bobby Bones (the radio host) or then Seth McFarlane (from listening to the voice). Color me wrong. 

IMHO Turtle is Jesse McCartney. It sounds like him. And it will be interesting to watch and see if they put any clues about his songwriting in there (did y'all know he wrote "Bleeding Love" for Leona Lewis? )

34 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

What about Natalie Imbruglia (sp). She's Australian AND she just had a baby (which could be her "little roo"). She also has a tattoo on her foot (and other places). 

I’d like it if is was but the Kangaroo seems younger to me. Most of the bigger names thrown out don’t have a recent scandal but it wouldn’t be the first time a clue was a stretch. 

I guessed the canon reference to Drew (we knew it was him), because 1) I’m a Cleveland native, 2). The husband of a former boss served in the same unit as Drew.

White Tiger SUCKS.  Drew was so much better this week, and I’m sad to see him go.

Miss Monster sounds like an older Black Lady.  Not the generation of Miss Patty or auntie Grace, but more like 40s or 50s.

We think Turtle is a boy bander.  Billy Joe Armstrong was a good guess, but I’m not positive it’s him.  I don’t think it’s AJ or Joey.

• Love 1

Turtle is kind of on the smaller side - for a man.  I don't think It's Billy Joe Armstrong either, but they are comparable in stature. 

I didn't follow the boy bands so I couldn't make a guess on anyone who was in one.  I know who Nick Lachey is, is he a reasonable guess?