Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Can You Hear Me?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Monners said:

I think I've got dementia!! When Chibnall writes the episodes, I don't understand them

We watched it last night. Fulfilled my obligation to watch the show, but it wasn't easy. No sense of wonder or excitement.... just confusion and apathy. 

Not sure if this was posted but how were the ratings? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3

Dear Doctor,

Thx for the supplies, I totally spackled that pesky crack in my wall. But could you:

• pick up some DVDs from Sparrow & Nightingale's for me?
  • Martha, Mickey, AND Yaz, on a mission for UNIT, deliver Tim Shaw's head/teeth to Graham?
  • Bring back Commander Gat?

The Traveler

I realized last night after a partial re-watch, of all the adventures the Doctor could have suggested after they all have just gone through some major nightmares, she suggested the horror classic Frankenstein

@libgirl2 the overnights were 3.81 million viewers. The 7-days figures may or may not tell a different story

2 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I realized last night after a partial re-watch, of all the adventures the Doctor could have suggested after they all have just gone through some major nightmares, she suggested the horror classic Frankenstein

@libgirl2 the overnights were 3.81 million viewers. The 7-days figures may or may not tell a different story

thanks. 

Per Radio Times, the BBC complaints department apparently sent an email to people who complained about the way the Doctor responded to Graham about his fear about his cancer returning https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-02-12/doctor-who-complaints-doctor-graham/

Let me know if you can't read the link; if so, I'll post the contents of the response here

Note that when the Doctor took the calls from the fam while she was in Syria, they all had different ringtones

Yaz and the officer agreed in the flashback that Yaz would pay her 50 pounds (about 63 US dollars) in 3 years if her feelings changed in that time. Yaz visited her and gave her a coin. Was that meant to be 50 pounds or something else?

It’s good to see the mental health topic has got people talking and sharing, even if there have been disagreements about things like Graham’s talk with the Doctor

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Yaz and the officer agreed in the flashback that Yaz would pay her 50 pounds (about 63 US dollars) in 3 years if her feelings changed in that time. Yaz visited her and gave her a coin. Was that meant to be 50 pounds or something else?

I thought the officer said she'd pay Yaz 50 pounds, but that if Yaz came around then she'd only have to pay back 50 pence.   That's the coin Yaz handed over at the end.  It's why the officer said Yaz was getting good odds.  

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, truther said:

I thought the officer said she'd pay Yaz 50 pounds, but that if Yaz came around then she'd only have to pay back 50 pence.   That's the coin Yaz handed over at the end.  It's why the officer said Yaz was getting good odds.  

Ah, that’s why I was confused, as I heard the officer say 50 quid (which means pounds from my quick research) and then 50p, which I assumed was the same thing. No wonder it didn’t make sense because I didn’t readily understand the terms used. Thanks so much

It was definitely £50 ($70ish) the police lady offered if things didn't get better for Yaz against 50p (70 cents) if they did. I couldn't help noting that (in my darkly cynical moments) that if Yaz did kill herself (which I assumed she was contemplating), she wouldn't have to pay!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

So Ryan was able to find the right thing to say to his mate about dealing with his depression (we didn't see either mention the d word, we just saw isolation, and a reach out) he sends him to a group session of other people and a professional running the group.

The police officer, who Yaz could see herself in,  finds the right thing to encourage Yaz to move thru. Graham, goes to the alien, semi-immortal being to seek counsel for his fear of death. The semi-immortal, non human, alien, can't find the words to comfort him and his human fears and the Internet Shakespeares cry Poor writing!

The 2000 plus year old semi immortal must have some empathy with a 70 year old on his second strike. It's like Doc, 'When you were 70, do you remember any pointers I can use to make it to your age?' Would it have been too on the nose if the Doctor turned to the camera and said "and kids, don't expect a fictional construct, drug, or diversion. to help solve  your mental issues, find another HUMAN BEING"? Cuz the Internet Shakespeares didn't get the message without the anvil.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, libgirl2 said:

We watched it last night. Fulfilled my obligation to watch the show, but it wasn't easy. No sense of wonder or excitement.... just confusion and apathy. 

Not sure if this was posted but how were the ratings? 

Rotten Tomatoes audience scores have been horrible. WTH!

Graham’s dream seemed more like a flashback in that Grace was the one who got him through his last battle, that’s when they fell in love. That he went to the Doctor about his fear of remission in particular shows that he has dealt with  his grief for Grace. That he went to the Doctor means he isn’t close enough to all the people he’s been shown with so far, like his doctor or any of his cards buddies. 

Of all things, doesn’t traveling in the TARDIS shield you from, or arrest cancer? Companions are one heavily radiated bunch! (Oh, the nanogenes!)

Edited by Eulipian 5k
Jack’s back.

I couldn’t figure out how I missed the animation, so I rewatched to find that part. On Sunday I had recorded the show, watched it later, and was fast forwarding through commercials at 6x speed.  I must have thought it was a drug commercial - I was also sleepy!  It was very well done when watched at 1x speed 😊.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, CatWarmer said:

I couldn’t figure out how I missed the animation, so I rewatched to find that part. On Sunday I had recorded the show, watched it later, and was fast forwarding through commercials at 6x speed.  I must have thought it was a drug commercial - I was also sleepy!  It was very well done when watched at 1x speed 😊.

I really thought the animation was a pretty neat idea, especially as it was used for the exposition of telling how these two Immortals ended up with one being trapped and the other leaving to figure out how to save her

• Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 2:30 PM, DanaK said:

Ratings info for overnights and 7-days numbers

Overnight: 3.81 million viewers, rank: 7th for the night, AI: 78

7-days: 4.895 million viewers, rank: 35th for the week

28 Day figures: 5.412 million viewers