Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Echoes

• Start Topic

Stupid decision by Ellie to take that key with her when she went to fetch the crown. She knew she could run into Lucas/Dodge at her home and now he has the crown and the key. Should have left the key with the Locke kids.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Stupid decision by Ellie to take that key with her when she went to fetch the crown

Stupid decision to take that key with her, stupid decision by the kids to give it to her, stupid decision to let her go alone. Stupid decisions all around. There is some questionable writing on this show.

So, what happens when you use the echo key for somebody who isn't posessed by a demon? Kinda seems like it should bring them back as their former selfes, right? So why not try to bring all of the dead friends back?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/9/2020 at 6:12 AM, Prower said:

Stupid decision to take that key with her, stupid decision by the kids to give it to her, stupid decision to let her go alone. Stupid decisions all around. There is some questionable writing on this show.

So, what happens when you use the echo key for somebody who isn't posessed by a demon? Kinda seems like it should bring them back as their former selfes, right? So why not try to bring all of the dead friends back?

The writing is more then questionable, its down right stupid. No one is that stupid in real life.

Oh, and when you KNOW you share a home with a psychopath, and you have decided to fight him, why not bring all the keys and the stupid crown WITH you the first time, so you don't have to go back?! 

And if you are an idiot, and didn't, at least make sure that the killer psycho isn't home, before you take his/her precious crown! 

The writing is inexcusably bad, and it totally destroys what could've been an entertaining series. When you make all characters out to be idiots, to many times,  just to further the plot, its just lazy.

Ah, almost forgot. Yes, that makes no sense either. They had clearly tried the echo key previously, and it obviously worked, and they already had the "anywhere key" to let them out of the gate house. There is just no chance a couple teenagers (or anyone really) wouldn't have tried that. 

"But then there would be no story" someone will say. Of course there would be. You would just have to write it smarter. 

This next part isn't as big a deal, but it clearly makes no sense to divide some keys, and hide some keys. I mean you would do one or the other, whatever you thought was safest, not both. 

• Love 4

Unrelated to anything in this particular episode but... why are only the older siblings in school and Bode stays home? She's clearly not homeschooling him. He just runs around entertaining himself. Any answers?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BonnieD said:

Unrelated to anything in this particular episode but... why are only the older siblings in school and Bode stays home? She's clearly not homeschooling him. He just runs around entertaining himself. Any answers?

Well in the first few episodes when they moved there they said his school started after theirs, not for a few more weeks or so, so he had free time when they didn’t but we are way past that now. 

I thought for sure when Elle left she didn’t take the crown key with her so when he pulled it out of her pocket I was like really? As apparently Locke’s are the only people she can’t take the key from forcefully they should be the ones to hold them at all times.  Very very stupid. 

• Love 3

Yes, this exactly!  Why did anyone let her keep any of the keys??  Demon/echo thing can't take the keys from a Locke, so let's let Ellie keep them and walk right back to Lucas-demon.  ???

• Love 2
On 2/16/2020 at 7:37 PM, MissL said:

Well in the first few episodes when they moved there they said his school started after theirs, not for a few more weeks or so, so he had free time when they didn’t but we are way past that now. 

Then he got suspended (I think) for taking a weapon to school.  But his mom should be supervising him better than she is...well, isn't at all. 

• Love 2

Dear Netflix,

There are these people called Script Editors. Sometimes also known as Story Editors. They give notes and make scripts not suck. Please hire them more.

lot more.

Regards, 

BaskingsharkGTX

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, TexasGal said:

Then he got suspended (I think) for taking a weapon to school.  But his mom should be supervising him better than she is...well, isn't at all. 

For this episode, I believe he informed Rufus he was skipping school to see him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2020 at 5:45 PM, FoxyVixen said:

The writing is more then questionable, its down right stupid. No one is that stupid in real life.

Oh, and when you KNOW you share a home with a psychopath, and you have decided to fight him, why not bring all the keys and the stupid crown WITH you the first time, so you don't have to go back?! 

And if you are an idiot, and didn't, at least make sure that the killer psycho isn't home, before you take his/her precious crown! 

The writing is inexcusably bad, and it totally destroys what could've been an entertaining series. When you make all characters out to be idiots, to many times,  just to further the plot, its just lazy.

My ten year old was yelling at the TV because he was so frustrated by the stupid decision making done in this episode. When the 10 yo is frustrated, you know it's terrible......

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/9/2020 at 7:12 AM, Prower said:

Stupid decisions all around. There is some questionable writing on this show.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:45 PM, FoxyVixen said:

I started watching this yesterday and I've been yelling at the screen every episode, "Why are they all so damn dumb!"  Having one character make stupid mistakes all the time that everyone else has to constantly fix is annoying, but some what realistic and believable.  But everybody doing dumb shit ALL the time.....I can't.  I've never seen characters who were supposed to be "protecting" things be so free with just giving those things away.  It's just all bad.  

Okay, just had to get that off my chest and see if I was on the same page as everyone else.  On to episode 10 (thank gawd!). 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Okay, just had to get that off my chest and see if I was on the same page as everyone else.  On to episode 10 (thank gawd!). 

Prepare yourself for more boneheaded decisions......