Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I felt bad for Bob and his siblings. Was Dottie always such a mean boss?

Bob drunk in the back of the cab was funny. I also liked Christina lying to Dottie about there being no lasagna, heh. 

• Love 5

That was horrible. Dottie and Abishola both were completely out of line. This is the first time I’ve thought Bob should just cut them both loose.

2 minutes ago, deaja said:

That was horrible. Dottie and Abishola both were completely out of line. This is the first time I’ve thought Bob should just cut them both loose.

Bob was totally OOC as well. So glad I don’t have smellovision. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Abishola seems to have 2 full-time jobs that she performs simultaneously.

I didn't care for this episode, Dottie is a mean bitch and Abishola seems to have fallen in step. I hope we get back to normal soon.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

Abishola seems to have 2 full-time jobs that she performs simultaneously.

I didn't care for this episode, Dottie is a mean bitch and Abishola seems to have fallen in step. I hope we get back to normal soon.

Both points are true. Maybe if this wasn't a 17 minute show they would have been able to round out this episode with Abishola or someone pointing out that Abishola needs Dottie to become independent pretty soon or else Abishola is going to need someone to take care of her when Abishola collapses.

----------------------------------------

I clocked The Big Bang Theory at 17 minutes per episode of dialog and action after commercials and theme music videos. I haven't timed Bob❤️Abishola yet, but with the scene intros, I'm guessing it's the same. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 9

Worst episode so far. Not only is there still no emotional or physical attraction/tension between Bob and Abishola, other than the premise of the show, one of Bob’s only attributes is his ability to run a successful business and be the level-headed one.  Seeing him drunk and unshowered was not enjoyable.  Two thumbs down 👎👎

• Love 17

It almost seemed like they cut part out of the middle. Why was Dottie happy Bob was back?  Does Bob know Bob is back?  It needed to show that Bob was missed while he was gone and for Dottie to ask him back and admit he can run the company. I thought the idea to expand into compression sleeves was very good. It wasn’t like they we’re switching to sleeves versus socks. If you can expand your product line with little capital investment it is a good risk to take. Plus, like Bob said it was encouraging to the siblings to actually be helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 16
43 minutes ago, Dbolt said:

Why was Dottie happy Bob was back?  Does Bob know Bob is back?  It needed to show that Bob was missed while he was gone and for Dottie to ask him back and admit he can run the company.

I thought that was to show that Dottie is delusional and manipulative, but I don't really know for sure.

7 hours ago, deaja said:

I couldn't agree more. Dottie being manipulative about the will and who she was going to leave the company was funny.  This was so out of line and she had Abishola in her corner plus those two other guys from MaxDot.  It was almost like Dottie was replacing her kids.  And Bob didn't deserve that crap from Dottie anyways. He left college to take over the family business after his dad died. He's basically Dottie's rock and she treats him like crap?! With Abishola agreeing with her?  Comeon show.

• Love 13

It also seemed to me like up until now, we've been shown that Bob runs most of the business day to day. Then with the episode with the will, it was like "Oh, maybe not" but he still seemed to be the only one in the family really working competently.  Now it's Dottie has been running it the whole time?  

Make up your mind, show. You're only 14 episodes in, so it is way too early for inconsistencies.

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I clocked The Big Bang Theory at 17 minutes per episode of dialog and action after commercials and theme music videos. I haven't timed Bob❤️Abishola yet, but with the scene intros, I'm guessing it's the same. 

18 minutes and 40 seconds.

6 hours ago, Browncoat said:

So if those guys (the employees whose names I can’t remember) are actually competent, why were they so bumbling when Bob left them in charge before?

Benedict = Kofo (glasses)

Arnold = Goodwin (accountant)

Wait to Auntie and Uncle find out it was Abishola that caused Bob to have to sell his/their nice house.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

After re-watch, I thought that all had points to their side.

Abishola was raised to respect her elders and doesn't understand why Bob and his siblings are so disrespectful of their mother.  She didn't see how the children were raised (and neither have we) so she doesn't know what Dot was like as a mother.  From what we've seen so far, she was probably difficult to get along with, and didn't treat her children with kindness and respect.  

It's a sad situation all the way around.  Dysfunctional families can be so difficult and complicated.  

Have we heard anything about Abishola's parents and upbringing?  That would color her perspective, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

Abishola was raised to respect her elders and doesn't understand why Bob and his siblings are so disrespectful of their mother. 

Not true, if Abishola truly respected her elders, she would already be married to Chewymoccha (Chukwuemeka) or Bob. Abishola would never let Auntie or Uncle talk her into doing something she doesn't want to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not true, if Abishola truly respected her elders, she would already be married to Chewymoccha (Chukwuemeka) or Bob. Abishola would never let Auntie or Uncle talk her into doing something she doesn't want to do.

Abishola is still married to her first husband, I think.  Anyway, respect doesn’t mean to me that she follows all their wishes/command. Rather, she considers and acts respectfully even while taking her own path.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Abishola was raised to respect her elders and doesn't understand why Bob and his siblings are so disrespectful of their mother.…

Have we heard anything about Abishola's parents and upbringing?  That would color her perspective, too.

Good point. Maybe we haven’t heard about Abishola’s parents because she’s an orphan, which could make her think Bob and his siblings should value their mother just for being alive (in addition to the cultural reasons). 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Good point. Maybe we haven’t heard about Abishola’s parents because she’s an orphan, which could make her think Bob and his siblings should value their mother just for being alive (in addition to the cultural reasons). 

I don't think a sitcom should be this hard.

If it requires the type of exposition involved with This is Us and assumptions of backstory not provided in any episode to make this one decent, it's bad. The writers know they have about 18 minutes to entertain and communicate an idea. They need to do better. 

Edited by red12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Just one last thing: Am I the only one who thought the episode title meant Dottie was going to drop her robe rather than Dottie going “full frontal” in the style of a military attack?

*raises hand*

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

Abishola is still married to her first husband, I think.  Anyway, respect doesn’t mean to me that she follows all their wishes/command. Rather, she considers and acts respectfully even while taking her own path.

I don't know that she was right in her perceptions of Bob and his siblings' disrespect.  It could be another case of a cultural misunderstanding, but the show did kind of make her look hypocritical and misplaced in being so over-judgmental of them.  Whatever point the writers were trying to make didn't come off well.

I agree with everything said so far about this episode.

• Love 7

I think the issue with Benedict and Arnold before was not that they didn’t know what to do, but they went power mad when put in charge. Later they were more than competent in negotiating deals. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Not a fan of this episode, not at all. It just raises so many questions about how things in this show have been done this whole time. It was always shown that Bob more or less handled the business, with his siblings kind of there to help out/nepotism, while Dottie was sort of only the head of the company in name only, and mostly just gave ideas, but Bob was really running the show. Now Dottie was in charge? And she can just kick Bob out more or less? The hell? 

Not a great episode for anyone really, but Dottie and Abishola probably tied for biggest jerk, especially towards Bob, who has really done nothing wrong here. Yeah cultural confusion and all that, but Abishola knows how Dottie can be, and she is supposed to be in some kind of relationship with Bob, so she could at least kind of be try to be on his side. Dottie can often be obnoxious, but, like when she was messing with her kids about her Will, was funny in an over the top way. This is just unpleasant.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Also, did I miss an episode or something?  I don't remember Abishola and Bob having any kind of resolution to her not speaking to him because of him criticizing her parenting.  And when did they go from dates to dating?  Because when he seemed surprised she didn't give him a goodnight kiss the one night, I was like "Wait, what?"