Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

[Pilot] The Brides

Ordered to pilot at ABC.

ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke announced today that the network has picked up "The Brides," a new drama from executive producer/writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa ("Riverdale," "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina"), Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television to pilot. Maggie Kiley ("American Horror Story," "Riverdale," upcoming "Katy Keene") is set to direct. "The Brides," a sexy contemporary reimagining of "Dracula," is a family drama with a trio of powerful female leads at its heart. With strong horror elements, "The Brides" is a vampire soap about empowered, immortal women and the things they do to maintain wealth, prestige, legacy - and their nontraditional family. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is set to write, with Maggie Kiley to direct. Aguirre-Sacasa will executive produce with Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter of Berlanti Productions and Kiley.

• Like 1

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this show, especially since the CW is apparently not going forward with the Dark Shadows revival. Gina Torres will make a strong series lead. I'm hoping and praying ABC has the sense to pick this up to series, after NBC passed several years ago.

Here's some more casting news...

Katherine Reis (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Claws) has been cast as a co-lead opposite Gina Torres in ABC’s supernatural drama pilot The Brides. Chris Mason (Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists) and Sophia Tatum (I Am Not Okay With This) also have joined the project, from Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros Television.

4 hours ago, saoirse said:

ABC has passed, and it sounds like they're going to shop it around.

Pilots Not Going Forward At ABC

Fingers crossed this is for the best. ABC would have diluted the content and inevitably snuffed it out after one season. The Brides could thrive on a platform like Netflix or HBO.