Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BetterButter

Fast & Furious 9 (2020)

Is it me or did that trailer give everything away? Oh well, nobody goes to a F&F for plotting...or dialogue...or character development...or real world physics.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

So the filmmakers' way of giving "justice".for Han is bringing him back to life so people will stop bitching about Shaw being a member of the team/having his own spin-off?

Refreshing Kermit The Frog GIF

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

So the filmmakers' way of giving "justice".for Han is bringing him back to life so people will stop bitching about Shaw being a member of the team/having his own spin-off?

This...they brought him back out of nowhere because there was no logic to Shaw being around or being brought into the team, it was horrible they even would have him around. 

So to stop that they're now going to say "hey, he was never dead!" 

Ah, so now we can look past the whole "Shaw killed Han" thing!  Can't wait to see how this gets explained.  And then maybe for the next one; or really, grand finale; Universal will dump millions of dollars on Gal Gadot's lawn and suddenly Giselle makes a grand return!

Of course, I'm not going to lie and pretend I won't be seeing this and all of its silly glory.  Bring on more cars, explosions, Vin Diesel droning on about family, Tyrese mugging (and knowing that in between takes, he was probably writing "Dwayne Johnson Sucks!" in his journal,) Oscar winners like Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren scoring big paychecks for likely easy work, and, this go around, Evil John Cena!!!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I guess because Justin Lin is back in the director's chair is why we see the return of his old Better Luck Tomorrow buddies Sung Kang (Han) and Jason Tobin (Earl).  Looks like Sean is back as well.

Is it me or did that trailer give everything away? Oh well, nobody goes to a F&F for plotting...or dialogue...or character development...or real world physics.

The Hobbs and Shaw trailers were the same.  They gave away almost everything. I prefer trailers that don't show so much but I guess it works for selling these types of movies. 

I guess they figured it would be to hard to hide as Han was driving around in the Superbowl commercial.

I thought that was Han.  I wonder if he's alive again or if that's a flashback?  I only caught it quick do we see him with anyone else or just that one clip in the car by himself?

Mia appears to be back as well, i wonder how they're going to work that out?  Hopefully they don't kill Brian off, that would wreck me.

I honestly never got the OMG He Killed HAN, you bastard!  Thing.  Han was one of the more likeable characters but, i have no more love for him than Roman, Tej or any of the other characters (seriously, i still refer to Nathalie Emmanuelle's character as Missandei).  the only characters i really care about are Dom, Letty, Brian, and Mia.  

Conversely, i love Hobbs, Shaw, Mamma Shaw and Asshole Shaw (Owen) they're highly entertaining and charismatic characters (Sister Shaw, not so much, forced romance was dumb).

So yeah, don't care if Han is dead or alive, don't care if Shaw killed him or didn't.  They're all criminals, except for Hobbs, they've all done bad things and several have killed.  Plus the Shaw brothers saved Baby Toretto, that wipes out any debt owed for Han (IMO).

Sadly, as much as i loved Hobbs and Shaw, that movie wasn't particularly good, even for a F&F movie.  Hopefully this movie is better, they're actually usually pretty good (1, 4, 5, 6 & 8 )  were all good.  I give 7 a pass since they had to do some major shifting around because of Paul Walker's death.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 1

Just saw the full trailer online, the superbowl add was only 30 seconds. So yeah Han is alive, I wonder how that happened. The actor looks really thing though, or maybe its just the short hair.

I am not sure what it is about this franchise but I really like it.   It had its flaws but it’s an action movies franchise that had the sudden death of one of its real life leads so who know what it actually intended to do with Paul Walker.  They can say whatever they want now but who truly knows?   I still think this is a fun franchise and I have seen all of Them exceed Shaw and Hobbs not sure why.   Maybe because they are my least favorite characters in the entire franchise.  I know this should be waaaaay to testosterone heavy for my taste.  And I do wish the females were given more to do but honestly I love me some flying cars.   

I haven’t been to the theater in years an I am not sure if this is the movie that will have me shelling out $20 to watch it when it is likely to apear on cable eventually.

Conversely, i love Hobbs, Shaw, Mamma Shaw and Asshole Shaw (Owen) they're highly entertaining and charismatic characters (Sister Shaw, not so much, forced romance was dumb).

I thought the romance was forced but I did really like Vanessa Kirby. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I thought the romance was forced but I did really like Vanessa Kirby. 

Same. I did find the idea the Kirby and Statham being similar age siblings far fetched. Even if you add years to the former and minus some for the latter, they are in reality 20 years apart in age. 

I stopped watching the F&F movies awhile back, but I liked this one off since I liked most of the actors. It was fun. I had it on during holiday baking.