Type keyword(s) to search

Lego Masters (USA) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

The smug brothers so shocked to be in the bottom cannot go fast enough for me.

I liked their one comment in the very beginning about how they beat Tyler at a building competition, but then... yeah... all downhill from there.  So smug and arrogant.  There was a team last year a little bit like them, but not nearly as bad.  I wonder if the producers are telling them to amp up their personalities to an 11, just for TV?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I liked their one comment in the very beginning about how they beat Tyler at a building competition, but then... yeah... all downhill from there.  So smug and arrogant.  There was a team last year a little bit like them, but not nearly as bad.  I wonder if the producers are telling them to amp up their personalities to an 11, just for TV?

I think they are a bit arrogant, but their Viking ship in the first episode was great.  I don't think they are nearly as douchey as those Frat brothers from last season.  Well, specifically, the younger buff one who wore T-shirts that were two sizes too small.  I couldn't stand that guy and was so happy when that tower of theirs fell over and the glasses guy went off to cry.  Haha.

I agree that there are many teams we barely know anything about.  Just when we were getting to know the father/son, they go home.  I liked how much they seemed to truly appreciate being on the show together... without the constant weepiness from the father from the father/son team last season.

• Love 3

If I had been the guys who made those amazing dragons in the first challenge, there's no way I would have given up the golden brick. It's only the third week. All you have to do is be better than ONE other team. I had to laugh at the other brother being so clearly angry about the "decision" to use the golden brick. That is the kind of thing that a sibling would be exponentially more pissed about.

22 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I had to roll my eyes at the teams who chose beige bricks for their buildings. You're just immediately shooting yourself in the foot with aesthetics with that color choice. Sure, IRL many buildings are that color, but this is Lego. You got to go with color. You're not trying to make a building fit in within a real city. And other teams will certainly choose color and make your color choice look boring as hell.

ITA - especially in this challenge where so many teams were making what were essentially big rectangles. It doesn't take any more time to use, say, red bricks than it does to use boring beige bricks. I get that the teams were concerned with structural integrity first and foremost but you can still do things like use color or alternate colors or SOMETHING so that you don't have a blah boring beige building.

• Love 8

I liked the bridge episode better last year, at least it led to some great looking builds. The height requirement on this led to very few cool looking designs. I did like the math based one, I liked the colors and the scaling and that it was very differently built. 

The builds were pretty uninspired and boring. I wish they had spent more time on how the structures were built and how they were different would have been cool. 

Just not feeling this episode. 

I liked this episode, and thought the winners were well-chosen.  I completely disagree with who was sent home,. I thought even though the engineers hat fell apart pretty quickly, so did the other (sorry, can't remember anyone's name)., but the engineers' was much better built and visually arresting.  I liked that it allowed the contestants' personalities to come through a bit.

Also:  Both brickmasters looked terrific.  

• Love 5
(edited)

The winning hat was amazing like some Folies Bergere chapeau! The runner-up was cool too (look, Ma, no hands!) as was the “admiral” hat (loved the turtles and dolphins). 
Amy looked fab!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I liked this episode, and thought the winners were well-chosen.  I completely disagree with who was sent home,. I thought even though the engineers hat fell apart pretty quickly, so did the other (sorry, can't remember anyone's name)., but the engineers' was much better built and visually arresting.  I liked that it allowed the contestants' personalities to come through a bit.

Totally agree.  The serpent was better than the other and should have kept them in.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I thought the right pair went home. Their hat fell apart before they even put it on the guy's head backstage, he had to hold it together the whole way down the runway, and obviously it fell apart as soon as he let go. The other team with the Carnivale headdress stayed together down the runway, and survived the first pitch forward when he let go (though not the second pitch backward). So while the eliminated team's hat was definitely visually arresting, I can't agree that it was much better built.

I thought they all looked good, and the fact that all but two of them managed to put something together that was inventive and stayed balanced was pretty spectacular.

The winning hat was amazing, it really did look like they were most in the spirit of the task.  A hat that looks like a Lego version of runway fashion.  The spinning feathers was a nice added touch.  The archery hat was great too.  I also liked the pirate hat.  It was good but not nearly as good as the top two, although the grimace from one of the Viking brothers when they didn't get named as top two suggested that they thought otherwise.

10 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I missed the beginning - was there a height requirement to the hats?  Otherwise, this episode was just meh for me.  I did like the two winners, but who is ever going to wear Lego as a hat?

There was no height requirement.  I get what you are saying about hats, but on the same note, who would use slime bombs to explode their models?  I don't think many people would finish a nice build and then instantly decide to not only explode it but also get slime all over their bricks.  This challenge combined technical skills of building something that could be worn and balanced with artistry.

9 hours ago, mjc570 said:

Both teams were terrible but I agreed with the elimination.  The engineers have been pretty consistently at the bottom.  Chicago/Brooklyn won the earthquake building challenge last week, even if I thought their building was ugly and uninspired.

Chicago/Brooklyn's hat was terrible.  It was very flat and plain.  They were going for the carnivale feather look similar to what the grey team did, their execution of feathers was just not good.  

The engineer's concept was great, but as Amy said, the snake was too heavy for the hat.  Was this the team that disagreed about working together?  The Asian guy wanted to divide the tasks, where one did the snake and one did the hat brim, but the Indian guy said they should work together?  Looks like the Asian guy got his way, and it was terrible, because as Amy said, it would have been better if they had integrated the snake into the hat so the snake could support some of the weight.

Chicago/Brooklyn and Hip Hop seem to be next in line on the chopping block.  Hip Hop always has a good story/meaning (honouring their grandma, showing their hip hop roots) but their execution is terrible.  That "hat" was very 2D, I would have called them out on that instead of the open negative space.  I'm still not fully understanding what it means when their chryon says they are "hip hop lego artists".  What is that?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I also liked the pirate hat.  It was good but not nearly as good as the top two, although the grimace from one of the Viking brothers when they didn't get named as top two suggested that they thought otherwise.

It seems like the Viking brothers are being designated as what passes for villains in a feel-good show like this, so while they have made some borderline arrogant comments, I'm guessing that many of their reaction shots are out of context. Doesn't mean they didn't think theirs was better, though XD. I actually did prefer theirs aesthetically to the archery one, but can see why that was in the top two.

11 hours ago, mjc570 said:

It's too bad that the elimination is so clear cut that the teams that "fail" are up for elimination.  I wish that there was more of an athletic type (gymnastics, figure skating, diving, etc) scoring involved.  So that the more risky elements and more artistic moves are worth more points even if the execution isn't perfect. I thought that the hip-hop team's hat was ugly and not well-executed at all.  It didn't fall apart but I engineers' hat was a much riskier design with a lot more challenging elements innovative designs (eg the mesh).

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

It's too bad that the elimination is so clear cut that the teams that "fail" are up for elimination.  I wish that there was more of an athletic type (gymnastics, figure skating, diving, etc) scoring involved.  So that the more risky elements and more artistic moves are worth more points even if the execution isn't perfect. I thought that the hip-hop team's hat was ugly and not well-executed at all.  It didn't fall apart but I engineers' hat was a much riskier design with a lot more challenging elements innovative designs (eg the mesh).

I agree with you... I had the same issues with the earthquake building challenge last week.  The ones that were deemed best and survived the longest were aesthetically the ugliest.  The ones that were deemed the worst were placed there on an objective scale even though I appreciated some of the elements in them more than the ones that won.

Same thing here... I would have given more credit to the engineers because of their design elements and ambition.  I would have put Chicago/Brooklyn and Hip Hop in the bottom two, and I would have sent Hip Hop home because of their general overall mediocrity.

I also thought the Geek Twins hat was truly ugly.  That was supposed to be a chef's hat?  It was a huge heavy round plate with a tray on top.  Their tray was nice but if I were a judge I would have criticised them for not making the structure more delicate.  That "hat" was twice his body width and probably weighed half as much as he does.

But certain tasks just seem to be "if it breaks, you're in the bottom".  My son was watching and said "why not just build something really small and make sure it doesn't fall, since out of all the teams, at least one team will have a hat that will surely fall and break".  Exactly. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I also thought the Geek Twins hat was truly ugly.  That was supposed to be a chef's hat?  It was a huge heavy round plate with a tray on top.  Their tray was nice but if I were a judge I would have criticised them for not making the structure more delicate.  That "hat" was twice his body width and probably weighed half as much as he does.

But that doughnut looked delicious, and I craved one

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I hesitated commenting on this season of this show because I've known one of the competitors since middle school, but I figure, I have no inside information from her so why not.

I thought the snake hat team should have gone home last week, because even though the interior structure held to 11, the entirety of the walls fell off way before 11 and I thought it was bogus that they kept them in that far. So I wasn't sorry to see them go home this week at all, even though their build was more creative and a better design than several others.

Egyptian Grandma was just weird looking - I didn't think it looked particularly Egyptian OR Sunday Grandma hat. Those two seem to have some good skills with structure and building but their design skills aren't wowing me yet, I guess.

The archery hat was well done but I didn't really love it. There's something about that team that gets on my nerves but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I can't keep the two sets of younger guys straight. The bakery one - their top tray of treats looked great but I could barely see it on top of that ridiculous white platform thing - was that supposed to be a chef's toque? because it didn't quite make it there. The pirate one was actually my favorite as well, I think.

The winning hat was probably the right call but I didn't much care for the aesthetic of it. It was clearly the best as far as design and execution but I think the style just isn't my jam.

I still find it confusing that the middle-aged blondes <aren't> sisters, because they look like they could be, to me anyway. Phoenix and Sun both slid right down the middle - well-done but maybe not a big wow factor.

Ultimately what I'm liking about this season so far is that in general, there's not one or two teams that are clearly the best and the first 8 episodes are mostly just marking time by sequentially assigning the others to pick off until the inevitable end.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

I hesitated commenting on this season of this show because I've known one of the competitors since middle school, but I figure, I have no inside information from her so why not.

I thought the snake hat team should have gone home last week, because even though the interior structure held to 11, the entirety of the walls fell off way before 11 and I thought it was bogus that they kept them in that far. So I wasn't sorry to see them go home this week at all, even though their build was more creative and a better design than several others.

Egyptian Grandma was just weird looking - I didn't think it looked particularly Egyptian OR Sunday Grandma hat. Those two seem to have some good skills with structure and building but their design skills aren't wowing me yet, I guess.

The archery hat was well done but I didn't really love it. There's something about that team that gets on my nerves but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I can't keep the two sets of younger guys straight. The bakery one - their top tray of treats looked great but I could barely see it on top of that ridiculous white platform thing - was that supposed to be a chef's toque? because it didn't quite make it there. 

Agree with all of the above.  Hip Hop team's hat was terrible... it didn't look like a hat, Egyptian, or grandma.

I did think the archery hat was a little too busy, I think a nice Robin Hood hat would have been good but then there was all this extra clutter that I had difficulty even seeing what it was.  That's called "gilding the lily" in my book.  I do think they won because I think they were the only team that didn't have to support their hat while walking down the runway.  I like the brother that I assume is the younger one, the shorter, slightly thinner one with glasses.  I don't particularly care for the other bigger one.   He seems a bit intense and comes across as sullen, I'm not sure if it's because he has RBF or what but he just doesn't seem as nice as his brother.

The other two pairs of brothers, there's the Geek Twins who have glasses and wear plaid, agree with you that the white hat/base was truly ridiculous.  The Viking brothers, I'm not sure if they are twins or not but they look like they could be, except one has a beard.

(edited)
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I do think they won because I think they were the only team that didn't have to support their hat while walking down the runway.  

Just a quick little nitpick: the archery hat didn't win, it was just in the top two. The couture, asymmetrical hat won. And I was actually glad to see that. I think putting the archery hat in the top two was justified because of the no-hands thing, but I agree that it was too busy and I was afraid it was going to win just because they were hands-free. So I appreciated that they gave the win to the other team (even though it wasn't my favorite overall).

Edited by tracyscott76

I'm okay with who won, the black couture hat, because it was the only one that actually looked like a real-life hat.  The pirate hat looked like a hat too I guess, but most of the others were just Lego bricks on someone's head.  I had no idea that the white thing was supposed to look like a chef's hat.  It did... not.  

• Love 6

https://bricknerd.com/home/inside-lego-masters-concept-development-6-24-21?fbclid=IwAR3A4OnL6AVw11onAzAjTXf44Gx9W1E3CnpdKViClaQhDfz8I38U79d1I38 - this is written by the person whom I know (Maria of Maria & Philip) and has some interesting info. Two things they didn't mention on the show - hats had to be 2 feet tall and 120 studs wide, and in the middle of the day, contestants were told to also make a wearable accessory.

I don't know if the Geek Twins' white thing was supposed to be a toque but that was my best guess from the way it looked.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm okay with who won, the black couture hat, because it was the only one that actually looked like a real-life hat.  The pirate hat looked like a hat too I guess, but most of the others were just Lego bricks on someone's head.  I had no idea that the white thing was supposed to look like a chef's hat.  It did... not.  

It was hard to tell from the angles we got of it (and the giant phoenix on top), but the brother/sister team did a sort of sombrero type thing, with a very wide, round brim. It's easier to tell in still photographs.

1 hour ago, JessDVD said:

I don't know if the Geek Twins' white thing was supposed to be a toque but that was my best guess from the way it looked.

I think the concept sketch they showed depicted a tilted chef's toque with a platter on top, also angled to the side. Obviously the concept changed en route to the finished product, because it ended up just looking like a level tray on a base rather than a hat. Props to the guy for having the guts to tip from side to side to show off the teetering baked goods in motion, though, considering that he probably felt like his head was about to snap off.

2 hours ago, JessDVD said:

https://bricknerd.com/home/inside-lego-masters-concept-development-6-24-21?fbclid=IwAR3A4OnL6AVw11onAzAjTXf44Gx9W1E3CnpdKViClaQhDfz8I38U79d1I38 - this is written by the person whom I know (Maria of Maria & Philip) and has some interesting info. Two things they didn't mention on the show - hats had to be 2 feet tall and 120 studs wide, and in the middle of the day, contestants were told to also make a wearable accessory.

Thanks for this, great to get this inside information from her.  This is the kind of blog I wish the show would do itself, there is so much information we aren't seeing.

I had no idea the blue part of their hat was supposed to be a twinkling night sky.  It looked like a wizard's hat to me, which is why I was so confused about their concept.  White clouds, yellow sun, wizard's hat.

Yellow seemed like one of the easiest colours, I would have gone with a Carmen Miranda or Chiquita Banana Lady inspired hat.  I would have done a yellow fruit bowl with some sculpted fruits.  The crown of the pineapple would have gotten them the two foot height requirement.

Interesting that she says they were told it had to look like a hat, because more than a few of the creations did not.

2 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Just a quick little nitpick: the archery hat didn't win, it was just in the top two. The couture, asymmetrical hat won. And I was actually glad to see that. I think putting the archery hat in the top two was justified because of the no-hands thing, but I agree that it was too busy and I was afraid it was going to win just because they were hands-free. So I appreciated that they gave the win to the other team (even though it wasn't my favorite overall).

Ah right, I misspoke, thanks for the correction.  I do think the black veil thing on the black hat was one of those extra added touches that really made the hat.  Initially they showed us this huge Star Destroyer shaped triangular slab and I thought there's no way that thing stays together.  So it was a well deserved win.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

It was hard to tell from the angles we got of it (and the giant phoenix on top), but the brother/sister team did a sort of sombrero type thing, with a very wide, round brim. It's easier to tell in still photographs.

True.  I just actually watched again, since I had missed the first 10-15 minutes or so, a few resembled hats.  I suppose the archery hat did too, because it had nearly the same shape as the pirate hat.

I don't think I agree with the judges not rewarding ambition and risk-taking.  The snake hat was both, whereas the carnivale headdress was just bigger.  I think I would have reversed the bottom two teams if it were up to me.  The Egyptian grandma-going-to-church hat was a close third to last, too.  I think if none had fallen apart, then they should have been sent home.

• Love 2

Hopefully some of the tasks coming up can just be really nice builds and not destructing them, etc.  I would like to see the focus on what the build looks like for once.

• Love 3

Thanks for that link. I found the E2 post, which actually Bryan wrote as Maria's guest writer, the most interesting so far. The useful advice the judges gave Bryan and Lauren during the challenge would have been nice to have had on the show, instead of Arnett's useless chatter.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mlp said:

Lego Masters isn't on Fox tonight according to Comcast.  Anyone know why?

Fox is showing some sort of TMZ "investigative" special on UFOs and the government. Totally worthwhile and substantive replacement 😒

(Not that Lego Masters is exactly full of substance, but still)

4 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Fox is showing some sort of TMZ "investigative" special on UFOs and the government. Totally worthwhile and substantive replacement 😒

(Not that Lego Masters is exactly full of substance, but still)

Lego Masters has a hell of a lot more substance, science and engineering behind it than a bunch of ... trying to analyze lens flares and film blobs and pretending they are aliens. :P 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Fox is showing some sort of TMZ "investigative" special on UFOs and the government.

I saw that but it didn't occur to me that it was critical enough to bump a scheduled program.  Good grief.  Thanks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

Lego Masters has a hell of a lot more substance, science and engineering behind it than a bunch of ... trying to analyze lens flares and film blobs and pretending they are aliens. :P 

That's fair XD

4 hours ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

What the fuck Fox!?!?  Moving Lego Masters so you can show some bullshit TMZ alien show.  Thanks for disappointing little Judgey.  This is seriously the only show she watches.  Move Mental Samurai next time!  Fuckers!!!

Seriously! 😒 I was looking forward to watching LM only to switch on Fox and find a bull💩 UFO show in its place. 😡

My daughter is another who was so disappointed that there was no episode last night.  We were all excited for it, and then so much disappointment.  A UFO special?  Really?  

After turning off the TV in disgust, she said "there had better be a new Crime Scene Kitchen tomorrow night".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Tuesday night is now my favorite night for TV, and neither of my shows were on!  I knew that Superman & Lois was taking a break for a few weeks, but no Lego Masters??  Infuriating, but I guess that's Fox for you.

Loved the turtle lighthouse, the whale vs. squid (amazed there was no tentacles falling off), the winning build and the farmer build.

Randall and Syreeta were the right team to send home. It was so stodgy. 

• Love 8
(edited)

The whale v. squid was amazing. The bros said the whale was eating the squid, but it looked more like an equal fight to me! 
I like the animations they do. 
Yep, the right team went home.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 8

Randall and Syreeta were by far the weakest team left.  Most of their builds up to this week looked fairly amateurish.  I was impressed that they got some texture in the balloon but even if the seams had lined up correctly, I think they would have lost for being too simple.

I still like Zack and Wayne, but their shine lost a little bit of luster with me tonight.  I think the size of their build was clearly impressive, but I don't understand why the judges raved about their "story".  There was no real story... it was just a fight between a whale and a squid.  I couldn't even tell who was winning.  But the thing I really didn't like about them was when the top two teams were announced, and one of them muttered "oh, again" in a very overconfident and cocky way.  I want to say it was the bigger non-glasses one in red.  They clearly thought they were going to win, and they had a shocked look when the Viking brothers were announced as the winners and then recovered with clapping and fake "I'm so happy for you" smiles.

The Viking brothers build was amazing... it was so detailed and complicated.  I liked the Geek brothers build as well, particularly how the waterfalls were the support for the other islands.

Which team is it that is friends with Tyler?  Is it the Viking brothers or the couple that looks like Tyler and Amy Lite?

I really didn't need to see that singing lumberjack guy from last season, ever again.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I still like Zack and Wayne, but their shine lost a little bit of luster with me tonight.  I think the size of their build was clearly impressive, but I don't understand why the judges raved about their "story".  There was no real story... it was just a fight between a whale and a squid.  I couldn't even tell who was winning.  But the thing I really didn't like about them was when the top two teams were announced, and one of them muttered "oh, again" in a very overconfident and cocky way.  I want to say it was the bigger non-glasses one in red.  They clearly thought they were going to win, and they had a shocked look when the Viking brothers were announced as the winners and then recovered with clapping and fake "I'm so happy for you" smiles.

I want to catch that clip again, but I thought it was one of the 2 guys standing behind them - like sore losers.  I thought it was one of the geeky twins.  I heard it too and also thought it may have been Zack or Wayne, but why would either of them have said it?  I'm not sure who it was, but the twins are arrogant and obnoxious enough, I expected it to be one of them instead.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am glad I decided to play catch up on this show, its a lot of fun. The right team definitely went home, they had a lot of creative ideas but their builds looked so amateur compared to everyone else's. 

The squid vs whale, the turtle lighthouse, and the farmer builds were amazing. In fact, I was really impressed by just about all of the builds, they were all so detailed. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Randall and Syreeta were the right ones to send home. I will miss Syreeta's facial expressions though. (I had a feeling they were the ones who went home as soon as they had that snippet early on in which she pretty much blew the "dramatic" line reading she was obviously supposed to give to whatever variation of "the pressure is on" she was supposed to say. It was clear she was tired and her heart just wasn't in it, I figured because she'd just been eliminated.)

• Love 2

Randall and Syreeta's going home was basically telegraphed from about minute 18, so no surprises there.

Otherwise - Viking brothers were the clear winner out of this one. I'm tired of Zack and Wayne, especially how their builds are just big and the judges are all ZOMG IT'S SO BIG and ignore that there are other builds that are much more intricately and creatively designed. I can't remember offhand which other builds had a story that the show actually animated - maybe the Geek Twins? - but one of them should have been the 2nd place, not Zack and Wayne.

That was the lamest Jack and the Beanstalk retelling ever, sorry guys. The build looked good but the story was super corny.

The Overalls Girls - their build was beautifully executed and I agree with the judges that it's remarkable how they make Lego look not like Lego, but it was way too busy and I couldn't even tell what it was WITH their explanation.

Soft spot for the lighthouse because I've lived in Michigan since I was ten. :)

I'm hoping that now that we're 4 eliminations in and have just 8 teams left, that we'll spend more time on each one and not just the ones that are biggest or worstest. I would also really appreciate if whoever does the editing on this realized that Will Arnett already has the gig and I'd really rather see the contestants and not him chewing scenery and yes I know this is delusional.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JessDVD said:

I would also really appreciate if whoever does the editing on this realized that Will Arnett already has the gig and I'd really rather see the contestants and not him chewing scenery and yes I know this is delusional.

I agree although he's not annoying me a much as he did last season.  At least he hasn't done any of those little off the floor scenes like last year.  Yet.

I agree with everyone that the right team won and the right team went home.  

• Love 3

I've made no secret that I wish they spent less time on Arnett. Those few seconds where the judges made some technical comments about what the contestants needed to be mindful of - the show could stand to use so much more of that and so much less of Arnett's shtick.

I'm used to Face Off as my point of reference for this type of competitive reality show, and it was so different there. The host, McKenzie Westmore, hardly said anything outside the standard hosting stuff of announcements and cues, and there were certainly no segments devoted to her nor did she ever interview a contestant on her own. Her father, a legitimate expert in the field, usually handled the segments where contestants would be interviewed while they were doing their builds, and if not him, then it was one of the judges who was also an expert in the field.

They must know a lot of the people watching are actually interested in learning about Lego builds, and this show does so little along those lines. We know the judges also talk to all the teams, but that's hardly shown - it's almost always Arnett's convos with his stupid bits that make it to air. It's like the show doesn't trust its audience to actually be interested in Lego. I wonder if the other Lego Masters shows are better in this regard.

• Love 5

Is there any streaming service for viewing Lego Masters UK and Lego Master Australia?

Am I the only one who thought the blond mothers would be in the final two to be sent home? Their "house" was small and only one sided.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

Am I the only one who thought the blond mothers would be in the final two to be sent home? Their "house" was small and only one sided.

If it were a bottom three they certainly would have been, and they were surprised/relieved not to be. I think it was basically a coin flip between the two f/f teams for the second bottom spot, and it didn't really matter which one because Randall and Syreeta were the obvious ones to send home as they have never flirted with the top in any round. I suspect the reason the non-blonds f/f team was chosen for the bottom was because they won the previous round, and it's more dramatic to have that kind of high to low.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I suspect the reason the non-blonds f/f team was chosen for the bottom was because they won the previous round, and it's more dramatic to have that kind of high to low.

You're probably right -- it was more dramatic.  The reason I was surprised that they were there and not the mothers is because the non-blonds had a good build, but it was hidden by the vines.  But the blonds really didn't have anything interesting.  As they eliminate teams there should be more time for us to see the details, but I feel like that's still missing.  For example, did we really see what was behind those vines?

• Love 1