Type keyword(s) to search

Lego Masters (USA) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm glad that Will announced that the Finesse/Nathalie team was getting a 10k donation to their charity too, even though they never won a challenge.

I see there was an "In Memorium" for Leslie Jordan at the beginning of the first episode, and I guess I missed it. It was bittersweet seeing him in these episodes, knowing he would be gone soon after.

I feel like they should have won the toy challenge over Robin, so glad that they received some money.

• Like 3

If Boone works for Lego in Denmark, I assume Amy and Jamie are his coworkers so I side-eyed that one.   I know it's a celeb/charity thing, but still.

Robin was clearly not into the holiday clothes theme.  In the first episode he had on some plaid adjacent shirt that he took off for the interview segment.   By the third episode he was just wearing denim which had nothing to do with the plaid theme he and Boone had been assigned.  I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a bit of a diva fit about it.

I thought the snow globe was a cool idea for a challenge.   Mel and Dom's both required being up close to see all the detail and but I thought Mel's had more going on (or less negative space, as the judges like to say) and would have put it in the top two.   But in that challenge Boone's was the clear winner. 

I wonder if the next celeb version will be holiday-themed as well.  

On 12/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

MY DVR cut off the last few minutes because of President Zelenskyy addressing Congress, and I don't want to go find it on streaming - who won the snowglobe challenge? (And therefore the whole thing, I guess?)

Boone and Robin won first place in the snowglobe contest, so they won the trophy. Dom and Cheryl were second, Nathalie and Finesse third and Mel and Leslie fourth. They gave Nathalie and Finesse’s charity $10 grand since they had not won any prize money, so everyone got something. 

• Like 1
On 12/15/2022 at 5:24 AM, NeenerNeener said:

When they said "24 hour build" did those people really stay up for 24 hours straight, or did  they do this in two 12 hour shifts? I'd be completely incoherent and barely able to stay awake after 24 hours without sleep.

This is what some people from Lego Masters Australia have said, I'm sure it's very similar for the US.

"People keep asking does each episode get filmed for 15 hours straight? And no, not really. It's done over a whole week," he said.

"How it works is say it's a 15-hour build, we'll do the build over two days. You might do nine hours the first day and six hours on the second day. And then we do all of our interview inserts, where they take you back through the process and they do the pickups for the interview, because they can't break you out of the build."

Do they get breaks?

They sure do. But there are strict rules about what contestants can and can't do during their breaks.

"For example, the make and shake build, that was an eight hour build, but it was a 10-hour day of filming with breaks for lunch in the middle and during those breaks you have no access to anything," Jay said.

"As you arrive on set, you put your phone in your little locker and you don't get it back until afterwards. You can't look at any reference material. You can't even talk about it to your partner, you can't come up with any ideas, you can't look up anything.

"They're very strict about that. [The producers] are there the entire time [during the break] and if you start to mention anything about the build, they say 'Don't talk about it'."

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/reality-tv/lego-masters/lego-masters-do-they-get-breaks-63689

• Like 1
On 9/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, ShelleySue said:

While waiting for this season to start I watched three seasons of Lego Masters Australia (and the UK version, but I try to purge that from my brain) on Tubi. Now all I can think of is how much I miss Hamish and wish he could come here and replace Will Arnett. I also wish they would show more of the details of the actual completed builds instead of the animations. I’d like to see what they really look like up close. 

Thank you for letting us know the non-US versions are available on Tubi.  I watched the UK version first (based on your . . . lack of enthusiasm), then gladly moved on to the Australian version.  I've just started Season Two. 

I do enjoy Will Arnett, unlike many here, but Hamish is a lovely, mellow host and the Australian version definitely shows more of the actual builds. 

I also dislike the US animations - I want to see Lego builds, not CGI representations of what the cameras could actually capture!  (The Australian version occasionally includes sound effects like party sounds, which is fun but not intrusive, especially since they don't use them often.)

Thanks again for pointing me to Tubi - I never would have found the Australian version without your direction. 

We just watched the holiday special Finale and I call utter BS in the first challenge.  Robin & Boone's Lemurcorn was stupid.  I thought it was the worst toy.  Leslie & Mel has the worst presentation. 

I thought Don & Cheryl's board game was adorable and fun.  But Natalie & Finesse's presentation was outstanding.

Robin & Boone definitely won the whole thing based on their complicated movement.  IMO Finesse & Natalie and Dom & Cheryl's movement was weak.  Tho the Miami skyline was spectacular. 

I disliked Boone in S1 and I disliked him in the holiday special.  He's annoying and so OTT.  And his singing is terrible.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, roamyn said:

I disliked Boone in S1 and I disliked him in the holiday special.  He's annoying and so OTT.  And his singing is terrible.

Would it anger you even more to know that now Boone works for Lego?  They hired him after season 1.  So he's an insider and never should have come back for the holiday special, IMO.  

12 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Would it anger you even more to know that now Boone works for Lego?  They hired him after season 1.  So he's an insider and never should have come back for the holiday special, IMO.  

That's really BS.  It should be released to the media, for transparency.

I wonder if Dom, Natalie, and esp Mel (since they were on the same season) knew that?

I enjoyed the premiere.  We had boats in a previous season, didn't we?  I seem to recall bigger boats before, but maybe they weren't remote controlled?

The right team went home.  Those guys wasted so much time, and then what they did put together was so basic, I could have done it.  They seemed to think that if they put a bunch of minifigures on top that it would be "detail" that would disguise the simplicity of their build.  The two women weren't great either, they build was only slightly better.

I liked the team that won, their build was colourful and had a lot of fun details.  Also liked the castle boat and the pagoda investors.

• Like 2

I was only half paying attention for this episode but I agree the right people went home. I was really surprised they did an elimination on the first week because at least once before, they didn't.

The first week isn't my favorite in general because there are so many teams and it's hard to identify anything about any of them, know who they are, and pick out favorites. 

Whichever team it was that mentioned MOCs, then said specifically that that's not their strength... ummm why are you here then because literally creating MOCs is the entire activity of the show???? I didn't catch which creation was that team's, so can't speak to if they were being modest or not.

I'm beginning this season with some trepidation because the continued efforts from the producers to come up with parameters that are bigger, badder, more interesting and whatever, rather than focusing on, make us a really amazing piece on this theme, is by far the biggest weakness of this show, to the detriment of the competitors' ability to build. And now that we're on season 4, I hope we're not really going to be looking at the bottom of the barrel ideas. The boat theme was cool, even we did have to sit through two segments of, will the boats float?!, which is what I don't enjoy. And I think I heard someone say something about the boat base that made me think it's available to just buy, which is cool too.

Will continues to annoyingly chew the scenery and I continue to not be a huge fan of judge Amy.

My kids lost their minds at the winning build being made into a Lego set you can buy, which is actually brilliant marketing and I'm really surprised they haven't done that yet.

My kids also lost their minds at the preview for next week and the cats. That one looks fun. Still too much "make your creation do things" over "look really good" but the cats look cute at least...

• Like 4
On 10/1/2023 at 5:24 AM, JessDVD said:

Whichever team it was that mentioned MOCs, then said specifically that that's not their strength... ummm why are you here then because literally creating MOCs is the entire activity of the show???? I didn't catch which creation was that team's, so can't speak to if they were being modest or not.

I don't know what MOC means, but that was the team of the two friends / serial entrepreneurs / investors.  The ones that said that China is a big part of their culture and inspiration.  One of them said something about how taking a bunch of random pieces and making things out of them is not their strength... so I have to agree, why are they even on the show?  The whole show is about making your own things, as opposed to following a step by step guide.

The other guy is the one that wants the Guinness Book of World Records record for most Lego sets built and collected.  I think he said he has over seven thousand sets.  That's incredible.  There's no way all 7,000 could be in that basement, could they?  Granted, some "sets" are probably really tiny and the size of a fist, but still.  So this guy is obviously good at following the instruction booklets.  And neither of them are great at building their own ideas?

I liked their Pagoda boat and I thought it was one of the top efforts amongst all the teams.  But now I'm curious as to how they would do if there is a sculpting task.

MOC stands for my own creation, so using LEGO to create your own thing rather than following the directions and leaving the sets built. My husband as a child would build the set and then play with them, built, and then take them apart and put them back in the boxes, like some kind of crazy person. My brother as a kid and my kids now, build the set, then break it up and build other things. This hurt my husband a lot when they first started doing it.

Anyway, yes, building MOCs is the whole point of the show. So I don't see them being too successful if freestyling isn't their jam.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/1/2023 at 6:24 AM, JessDVD said:

Money.  I've seen a video of that guy on social media - he has, or at least his goal is to have, one of every Lego set ever made.  He has a huge basement full of thousands of Lego sets.  He's a collector, and probably influenced his way onto the show.  Maybe his friend has MOC talent...

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Money.  I've seen a video of that guy on social media - he has, or at least his goal is to have, one of every Lego set ever made.  He has a huge basement full of thousands of Lego sets.  He's a collector, and probably influenced his way onto the show.  Maybe his friend has MOC talent...

But his friend is the one who said that building MOCs is not their strength, so it seems like neither of them might have it?  Will be interesting to see how long they last.  I would assume that if the collector guy has built 7,000 sets, he's probably familiar with the mechanics of Lego and what works and what wouldn't.  I can imagine that if he's asked to build a mountain castle, he might be able to say something like "oh, this is just like the one in set 76432, the Lord of the Rings Dwarven Kingdom, I can replicate that!".  Or use the skills that were applied in one of his many sets, like a bridge building task.

I think if they really aren't comfortable with MOC then they could struggle coming up with original ideas.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

But his friend is the one who said that building MOCs is not their strength, so it seems like neither of them might have it?  Will be interesting to see how long they last.  I would assume that if the collector guy has built 7,000 sets, he's probably familiar with the mechanics of Lego and what works and what wouldn't.  I can imagine that if he's asked to build a mountain castle, he might be able to say something like "oh, this is just like the one in set 76432, the Lord of the Rings Dwarven Kingdom, I can replicate that!".  Or use the skills that were applied in one of his many sets, like a bridge building task.

I think if they really aren't comfortable with MOC then they could struggle coming up with original ideas.

Also, if they truly aren't comfortable with MOC, I would hope that they wouldn't be on the show - even with money and influence.  I bet that they are downplaying their abilities to only seem like underdogs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Also, if they truly aren't comfortable with MOC, I would hope that they wouldn't be on the show - even with money and influence.  I bet that they are downplaying their abilities to only seem like underdogs.

I agree, their Pagoda boat seemed to be one of the better entries, so they clearly don't seem to be that terrible at building.

Kittens! KITTENS KITTENS KITTENS KITTENS KITTENS!!!!!

Boy, everyone just adored the kitties.

I'm not surprised Karen and Amie went home. I knew they were toast when the one wanted to keep building butterflies even though their time was running out.

I'm surprised they didn't give the golden brick to Lewis and his partner; that kitten was definitely playing with the toys.

Heh. Melanie "Why does he look evil?"  Heh.

• Like 5

I felt like they were being a little over-dramatic about the safety of the kittens when it came to the guy team who was in the bottom two. My idiot kitten once jumped from the top shelf of a 6' shelving unit and neatly landed on the sofa. They're more durable than you think. I did like their clear aquarium idea and the kitten seemed like she liked it. They did deserve to be in the bottom two. I don't disagree with their placement because they didn't complete the build properly. 

I'm bummed the grannies went home. I liked them. I love the mother/son team who have now won two in a row. I was hoping the team that kept saying "meow" would have been in the bottom and gone. The one who got all stressed and panicky is annoying to me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I agreed with the top two and the decision to give Neena and Sam the win.  Their build was really fun with the lights.  I liked the other pair's build as well.  

Not at all surprised that the grannies went home.  They were outclassed last week and they were outclassed this week.  Their build was very small and it didn't have a lot of details.  They do seem like nice people.  The one that has the 25 grandchildren, wow.  I'm wondering how many kids of her own she has that gave her these 25 grandchildren.  How does she keep all of their names and ages and birthdays straight?

I got a kick out of both of their swear words.  Instead of saying "shit", one of them uses "shiitake mushrooms" while the other one says "shish kebabs".  That seems like a very grandmotherly thing to do!

1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

I felt like they were being a little over-dramatic about the safety of the kittens when it came to the guy team who was in the bottom two. My idiot kitten once jumped from the top shelf of a 6' shelving unit and neatly landed on the sofa. They're more durable than you think. I did like their clear aquarium idea and the kitten seemed like she liked it. They did deserve to be in the bottom two. I don't disagree with their placement because they didn't complete the build properly. 

I 100% agree.  Don't cats always land on their feet?  Cats are always jumping from place to place.  I didn't agree with Jamie saying that there was a safety issue.  If the catwalk fell, I bet the kitten would have jumped into the next room as it fell.

The build that I thought was truly the worst was the guy and his grandfather who built the paint can.  It wasn't a paint can.  It was three walls.  The whole structure didn't even look like a playplace.  It was stuff with three walls behind it.

• Like 2

The entrepreneurs annoy me the most.  Their whole business approach isn't funny or entertaining, and they called the kitten a prototype.  They beta tested a kitten?  No.  

Did the show check to make sure all of the contestants had no allergies?  The kittens were adorable, but I would have been miserable.  

I've been underwhelmed by the actual Lego building so far.  The themes have been fine, I guess, but nothing has truly impressed me like in some previous years.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I was hoping the team that kept saying "meow" would have been in the bottom and gone.

Oh, me too!  Then the one sang her description of their project.  Gag.  Can't stand them.

The woman with the "Karen" haircut (which looks great on her) reminds me of Erin from HGTV.  I keep doing a double-take when I see her.

• Like 4

I wonder if the bigger safety concern with the kitten was that if it got spooked by falling, it'd dash to who knows where on the set. I almost wondered if they drugged the cats to make them not want to run around and explore. I had a kitten who dislocated her wrist as a kitten under 6 months old, and that was a pricy surgery and required a followup surgery to remove the pin that set things once it was healed because there was a possibility her body would eventually reject it out. If that happened, there was something we could do at home, but I didn't want to have that be an option. (Happy to share the specifics but thought I'd be more vague for those who may be squeamish).

The "entrepreneur" guy is tiresome, as is the singing. Maybe I just don't like big personalities? I also agree the "paint can" was 3 walls and boring. 

• Like 1

Those kittens were all adorable, and I wondered how they got them to stay on the builds. There must be a LOT of kitten footage on the editing room floor.

I thought the two builds that had elements that popped up and down (one was a whack-a-mole) were impressive. I also thought the pink version should have been built to look like a keyboard, so when the kitten patted the popping elements, it would look like it was playing the piano.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Shermie said:

Those kittens were all adorable, and I wondered how they got them to stay on the builds. There must be a LOT of kitten footage on the editing room floor.

I thought the two builds that had elements that popped up and down (one was a whack-a-mole) were impressive. I also thought the pink version should have been built to look like a keyboard, so when the kitten patted the popping elements, it would look like it was playing the piano.

My guess is they were a little too young to feel confident about jumping down.

• Like 1
On 10/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

The entrepreneurs annoy me the most.  Their whole business approach isn't funny or entertaining, and they called the kitten a prototype.  They beta tested a kitten?  No.  

I have to assume this is producer meddling?  Maybe I'm being too generous but I can't imagine ANY human being actually talking like this, but the producers "encouraged" them to lean into the tech bro nonsense for the sake of the show.  Which I wish they wouldn't do, no one comes to this show for wacky characters (I don't need ukulele chick either, tbh)

• Like 6

Please tell me they're no going to sing with every build?  It's like contestants on cooking shows who add a non-required beverage.  It's not going to help you in the judging.  Actually the alcohol might have a slim chance of helping...the singing can only hurt.  These two need to go immediately.

I don't find Team Shark Tank quite as annoying but if all their builds are going to be startup pitch themed that's going to get old quickly.  I did like the layout of mechanical fish in their build, as apparently their kitten did as well.

• Like 3

The signal on my Fox station was a mess so I had a hard time following.  Why did the team have to give up the golden brick?    Did they have to elect to use it before judging and the had no idea their effects would fail so spectacularly?   

Did we really have a team that didn't get their talking head bio until episode 3?   I'm assuming so since I had no idea who those guys were.  I thought it was like when those young guys just randomly popped up in the middle of the season. 

The editing of this episode was truly terrible.  Am I the only one that didn't fully understand that lava (slime) was actually going to come out of the volcanoes until it actually started happening?  I know teams had talked about how the "lava" was going to turn this and that dial and make things move.  But obviously there isn't going to be real lava so I assumed it was going to be Lego bricks lava.

There was ZERO discussion of needing to insert some kind of exploding mechanism or canisters of slime into the volcano.  I would have loved to have seen the mechanism to understand how it worked.

And it was obvious as soon as teams started building who was going home.  So much focus on Jordan and Chris, criticism during planning, obvious they were doomed.  We hardly even saw any of the other teams and hardly saw their builds.  They talked about them, we start seeing a little, and then boom, push the button on their completed build.

I thought Aubrey and Ryan's build was amazing and thought it deserved to be in top 2 over the entrepreneurs.  Their build had so much more detail and fun story elements.

I'm annoyed by the ukulele women.  I think Will tossing that instrument into the volcano was perhaps his secret wish.  The singing is irritating.  The Asian one looks remarkably like Queen Latifah's fixer friend on "The Equalizer", so I wanted to like her, but I don't like the singing.  Hated it when the lumberjack bros did it, hate it still.

I also don't care for the pink ladies, especially the one that has the classic Karen haircut.  I don't know exactly what it is about them, maybe it's the resemblance to Kate Gosselin, but I was hoping they would go home.

I find the entrepreneurs to be arrogant.  The "spying" wasn't funny, it was just dumb and annoying.  I don't think they are brothers but their chryon identified them as "tech bros".

The weakest teams seem to be the brother/sister, the ukuleles, and the pink ladies.

8 hours ago, Maverick said:

The signal on my Fox station was a mess so I had a hard time following.  Why did the team have to give up the golden brick?    Did they have to elect to use it before judging and the had no idea their effects would fail so spectacularly?   

Did we really have a team that didn't get their talking head bio until episode 3?   I'm assuming so since I had no idea who those guys were.  I thought it was like when those young guys just randomly popped up in the middle of the season. 

Neena and Sam chose not to use the golden brick before going into judging.  The rule is that if you choose not to use it, and you end up in the bottom two, you lose it.  They were bottom two so lost the brick.  The show made a big deal out of it ("this has never happened before!").  But even if they had used it, the end result is the same.  Use it, get exempt, stay in the competition.  Don't use it, risk elimination, lose the brick, stay in the competition because someone else was worse.

The only thing that would make a difference is if the judges consider overall performance when deciding eliminations, but it really doesn't seem like they do.  Everyone seems to get a clean slate for each round.

And yes, some teams didn't get their animated talking head bios until this episode, three episodes in.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

Am I the only one that didn't fully understand that lava (slime) was actually going to come out of the volcanoes until it actually started happening? 

I thought maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I didn't recall hearing a word about lava during the assignment so I was surprised as well.  It became obvious that they all had to use it.

I don't begin to understand why the losing team opted to ignore the very clear requirement to make a volcano.  They seemed like nice guys but they deserved to lose for not fulfilling the assignment.

I hope those singing women go soon.  They obviously see themselves as cute and quirky but I can't stand either of them.

• Like 5
On 10/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, mlp said:

I don't begin to understand why the losing team opted to ignore the very clear requirement to make a volcano.  They seemed like nice guys but they deserved to lose for not fulfilling the assignment.

I came to say the same thing.  The judges said, "we want a volcano and you're not building a volcano" so they decide to... still not build a volcano?  Right.  Even if it had worked, they deserved to go home.  It not even working just sealed their fate; there was no question.

That said, all of the builds were very good this week.  I was impressed with all of them, even the ones that didn't work and the one that wasn't a volcano.  It was still a decent build... just not fulfilling the assignment.

• Like 2

Biden is speaking tonight at 7pm Central.  As of now, it doesn't look like Fox is airing it but ABC, NBC, and CBS are. Xfinity only has him scheduled for 15 minutes though so everything tonight may be delayed.

• Thanks 1

This was a fun challenge, I liked the sounds and the ways the teams interpreted the sounds.

Once again, editing clearly signalled that Tim and Tim were going home.  Anytime a team gets called out during building by Amy and Jamie and the early part of the show focuses on their problems, they're out.  Their build looked terrible and if anyone but them went home I would have been upset.

I don't agree with Aubrey and Ryan being in the bottom two.  Yes, their spaceship was small.  But the landscape and detail was incredible.

There's a huge difference in skill level amongst the teams.  As much as I like the brother/sister, their skills seem a bit weak.  The crib was very blocky.  They seem to have basic sculpting skills but the baby was also a bit blocky.

The pink ladies also are weak.  I thought their robots were terrible, very blocky.  No colour, each was one solid colour and boring.  Not much detail in the build at all.  I would have put those two in the bottom two.

Ukuleles are more skilled than Pink Ladies and Brother/Sister.  Thankfully they didn't sing this week.

I want so much to like Christopher and Robert but I've decided they really turn me off with their arrogance and their theatrical booming presentations.  The one that speaks more and is always on the left (I assume that's Christopher, the one with the basement of thousands of Lego sets) is nowhere near as funny or witty as he thinks he is.

The scale of their build was impressive, especially the UFO.  I'm sure they were expecting to get the golden brick, and I cackled when they weren't even in top 2.  Would have loved to have seen a shot of their faces dropping when the second team was named.

Neena and Sam continue to crush it.  The gears alone were really impressive.

I liked the teachers and their monkey students build.  Very creative.   They said an episode or so ago that they are proud Cubans.  But if so, I'm wondering why Luis pronounces his name like Lewis Carroll instead of loo-EESE.

Edited by blackwing
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Ukuleles are more skilled than Pink Ladies and Brother/Sister.  Thankfully they didn't sing this week.

I want so much to like Christopher and Robert but I've decided they really turn me off with their arrogance and their theatrical booming presentations.  The one that speaks more and is always on the left (I assume that's Christopher, the one with the basement of thousands of Lego sets) is nowhere near as funny or witty as he thinks he is.

Yes, they didn't sing!  They weren't nearly as annoying this week as they were in the first few episodes.

No, he's not funny at all (or even very likable).  But unfortunately, Will eggs him on.

Again, I liked all of these builds.  The weakest ones, however were more obvious, unlike the volcanoes last week.  The Pink Ladies know that they are outmatched because they said they chose the blocky robots on purpose.

I liked Tim and Tim, and I didn't think that theirs was the worst, but it wasn't great.  Tough decision this week.  

• Like 2

I thought the tech bros were robbed not being in the top 2. I LOVED the tractor beam with the mini-figs stuck to it! It was brilliant to have a continuous belt to create the illusion of upward movement. Then on top of the huge UFO and its beam, they came up with the tractor-Transformers, each of which was compelling and different from the rest.

I don't get what was so special about the monkey build. I guess it's a little creative to place the monkeys acting up in school, but it was such a literal interpretation of the sound. And it didn't have the amazing scale or surprising movement elements of either the clock or the UFO/tractor beam.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I enjoyed this week and it was nice that no one went home, since there was no one that really stood out as having done poorly.

I do wish we would have gotten more looks at each of the builds.  I feel like the presentations just went by so quickly.  It seems only half of the teams on each side got actual comments, or perhaps that is all that editing allowed.

The team that did the sun/moon build should have gotten more credit for the way all four stages connected together.  The ocean build was great and had a better story, but each team built their own stage, and I thought the judges would have commented on that.

I agree with Aubrey and Ryan as the winners.  They took the comments of Amy seriously and made sure to make their contortionist the star.  They also had some ancillary movement with the seaweed and animals also moving.  All that was missing was Sebastian crooning "Under the Sea".

Christopher continues to annoy with his villain or faux-villain schtick.  It's so irritating and not funny at all.  I also continue to dislike his theatrical booming presentations.

The time they wasted on the stupid push-up contest could have been spent showing us more of each build.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Christopher continues to annoy with his villain or faux-villain schtick.  It's so irritating and not funny at all.  I also continue to dislike his theatrical booming presentations.

Agreed.  It is getting very tiresome and old.  I can't wait for them to be eliminated.

Did they say what happened to papi?  I was half awake while watching and he just disappeared after talking about the Vegas trip.

• Like 2
On 10/27/2023 at 3:54 PM, KeithJ said:

Did they say what happened to papi?  I was half awake while watching and he just disappeared after talking about the Vegas trip.

I think that Will just said he wasn't feeling well.  We've seen this before in past seasons, there have been one or two times where someone doesn't attend the judging, I always have just assumed it was some kind of gastric distress.

It really does expose the illusion however that this is one continuously filmed segment.  We obviously won't see the entirety of the building, but I've always wondered about the really long builds, the 12 hour or 15 hour ones.  I assume that's total time and there have to be breaks in between for meals and/or sleeping. 

What happens when there is a meal break?  Are teams allowed to take the hour to discuss with each other about their plans for the build?  Can they sketch out more ideas?  Or is it strictly "no working or planning"?  

I also wonder if during the building if teams are allowed to do any research on the internet regarding ideas or techniques.  I would assume no?

• Useful 1