Type keyword(s) to search

Lego Masters (USA) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, MagicEyes said:

No Lego Masters this week, I guess. It’s supposed to be on now, but the Masked Singer is on instead. I’m not so happy about that, because last week it was pre-empted by local news and the episode isn’t available on streaming services for a week. Do they not want us to watch this show? 😟

Episode 4 showed up on Hulu for me this morning. 

• Like 1

The show came on here right after The Masked Singer.  ABC should have put up a chyron or something letting people know.  

I liked two or three of the displays better than the one that won and I was very happy to see the losing team go.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I somehow have no recollection of the blue haired lady and her friend. 

Those pandas were fucking creepy.

It's possible I haven't really noticed before but now that they've pointed out about brick built characters it seems like everybody else did brick built after Ethan and Dom did them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I tuned in at about 9:15, and saw that it was still The Masked Singer, so I set my DVR to record the 10o'clock news that came on afterward too.  The show started at about 9:40 Eastern time, and then finished in the news hour.  So annoying that it's happened twice in a row, but at least they finally did air it.

I don't understand how you waste SIX WHOLE HOURS just coming up with an idea????  Who cares if you don't both love it, you pick something in 15 minutes and just start building!!!  I don't have anything against her, but I sure don't understand what her issue was.  I felt bad for her partner, but they deserved to go home if they can't just suck it up and build something.

Are the mom and son team from some sort of... compound?  A cult, perhaps?

I'm thinking that the new team had to turn 18 before they could join the show, that's why they were late... LOL.

The preview of potential disqualification next week has me intrigued.  

• Like 1

I didn't like the winning build from the young kids as much as I liked some of the others.  They won because of their brick built characters, but it didn't really look like a treehouse to me.  It looked like a platform and then each character was off on their own little branch.

The one I would have given first place to was the two brothers, two of eight!  That looked like a treehouse, eight little individual houses connected to the main point.

The team of the two women that went home definitely deserved to go home.  Wasted so much time just sitting there not knowing what to do.  And their final result wasn't that interesting.  Even if they had more time it wouldn't have been that interesting.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

I didn't like the winning build from the young kids as much as I liked some of the others.  They won because of their brick built characters, but it didn't really look like a treehouse to me.  It looked like a platform and then each character was off on their own little branch.

The one I would have given first place to was the two brothers, two of eight!  That looked like a treehouse, eight little individual houses connected to the main point.

The team of the two women that went home definitely deserved to go home.  Wasted so much time just sitting there not knowing what to do.  And their final result wasn't that interesting.  Even if they had more time it wouldn't have been that interesting.

I thought that the young kids came in second?  Didn't "the influencers" win with their oversized recreation of the 2x4 red Lego brick?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought that the young kids came in second?  Didn't "the influencers" win with their oversized recreation of the 2x4 red Lego brick?

Ah, I think you are right, thanks for the correction.  The brick deserved the win, but I still think some others were better than the young kids.

Best episode yet!  I loved seeing all the cute, well-behaved dogs and I thought all the teams did amazing jobs of replicating them.  Will didn't try to upstage the dogs either which I was glad to see.  I felt sorry for the teams whose builds had problems at the end.  

I'll be glad when the mother and son team go home.  They can't keep their hands off each other and it's creepy.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

You just know they had numerous play with the puppy breaks.

My dad saw this for the first time. He liked this episode quite a bit.

Will and his "this is the weirdest thing we've done" makes me laugh. As did the one Stephen knocking the table over.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I feel like the Stephens could have just asked everyone if they could have the dalmatian? They seem like a friendly group, and the dalmatian was a harder dog to build being so big. If it were me, I would have said yes. 

This was a great episode! I love dogs!  I agreed with the winners, but maybe not the team who went home. But the young kids just got there, so I guess they can't kick them off yet? Otherwise, the "big twist" was all for nothing. 

I'm glad the mother and son lost the golden brick. They can go home any time now. (And he said "maybe" they would have gone home without it - of course they would have. Their build was both incomplete AND it broke.)

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, mlp said:

I'll be glad when the mother and son team go home.  They can't keep their hands off each other and it's creepy.

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm glad the mother and son lost the golden brick. They can go home any time now. (And he said "maybe" they would have gone home without it - of course they would have. Their build was both incomplete AND it broke.)

As the mother of three (now all in their 20's) I have to wonder how much teasing he's going to be getting now that these are airing. My kids weren't the type that didn't want to be seen with me, but they also didn't want me to be hugging them in public or gushing about them.

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This was a great episode! I love dogs!  I agreed with the winners, but maybe not the team who went home. But the young kids just got there, so I guess they can't kick them off yet? Otherwise, the "big twist" was all for nothing. 

I think that the wrong team definitely was sent home. The young kids almost didn't make it to the catwalk dogwalk. They had to use almost five extra minutes to reconstruct it offstage and then they had to carry it the entire time. If you think about it, if other teams had five extra minutes after their dogs started falling apart they might have had an advantage. But I guess that the five minutes was only allowed before they got on stage.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I am just wondering where they got the dogs from?  I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and "Collins" looks just like her!  But he was gorgeous!  And very well behaved.  They have to have been show dogs for sure.  Some of those builds were impossible.  Did they have to put the leash and collar on at the last minute?  If it was me I would have done it way ahead of time to insure it wouldn't set off a "domino effect"!

• Love 1

It's Hollywood; I'm sure they have a central animal casting for shows to get whatever types of animals they want as needed.

I'm sure they had a whole clan of handlers just off camera/behind the scenes to keep the dogs between shots.

What I find impressive is that they let the dogs stay on the floor during the build. We've seen how the bricks fly during a normal build. With dogs on the floor, I can only imagine how hard it was to keep bricks from getting snapped up the second they hit the floor. 

• Like 1

These builds were impressive. I think they should have hidden the leashes in some sort of Lego container to smash, forcing them to build whatever dog they randomly got. They could allow them to trade. Having them run wild to the leash table gave advantage to the front row. I mean, I wouldn’t have wanted that mop dog for anything.

It amazes me how crazy some people get about dogs. That tiny blond gal squealing endlessly? Girl, it’s a dog. Calm down. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Loved the episode for lots of reasons: (1) ADORABLE DOGS! (2) less Will mugging (3) really good builds.  I thought just about all of them (except for creepy mom/son) did a tremendous job.  Just about all of them really looked like their real-life inspirations, and showed an impressive range of techniques.

Speaking of mom/son: Their initial decision (to hold back and take the last dog) in retrospect was not good.  It pretty much guaranteed they would get the largest, which would have its own set of challenges.  I didn't think their build looked all that great, anyway.

I do think the dalmatian was a bit of a cheat on the show's part- you don't drag a reclining dog down the runway.  I guess this was a smart move, it eliminated a number of potential problems, but I don't think it should have been allowed, much less rewarded.  On the other hand, that crash was totally awesome.

Liked all the little touches - "Brickminster" the Lego microphones etc.  

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I was very concerned about those dogs slipping on that floor.

Added: I know the firemen explained about the crouching dalmatians avoiding smoke, but I still maintain that is not how dogs are paraded at a dog show.  

Edited by mjc570
accuracy, clarification
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

As the mother of three (now all in their 20's) I have to wonder how much teasing he's going to be getting now that these are airing. My kids weren't the type that didn't want to be seen with me, but they also didn't want me to be hugging them in public or gushing about them.

I think that the wrong team definitely was sent home. The young kids almost didn't make it to the catwalk dogwalk. They had to use almost five extra minutes to reconstruct it offstage and then they had to carry it the entire time. If you think about it, if other teams had five extra minutes after their dogs started falling apart they might have had an advantage. But I guess that the five minutes was only allowed before they got on stage.

there was no chance the tiktok team would go home this early  after they pull the stunt to put them into the competition. They could have shown a broken down alleycat  and the other team would have gone home. This team is going to the final three. 

Edited by calvinshobbes
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I do think the winner was a bit of a cheat on the show's part- you don't drag a reclining dog down the runway.  I guess this was a smart move, it eliminated a number of potential problems, but I don't think it should have been allowed, much less rewarded.  On the other hand, that crash was totally awesome.

They explained this though.   One of that dogs tricks was walking in a crouched position (intended to be as if he were trying to stay under the smoke during a fire).  They even had him do that trick and walk down the runway to show that it made sense for their piece to be moving down the runway in that position. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Shermie said:

Having them run wild to the leash table gave advantage to the front row. I mean, I wouldn’t have wanted that mop dog for anything.

The mop dog was actually a wise pick, so long as a team knew how to do that look, which that team did. The mop obscures so much that sculpting the face and body would be easier, plus the mop itself is distinctive and difficult enough that as long as you don't blow it completely you will stay comfortably out of the bottom 2.

I've seen enough videos of dogs who didn't want to leave the dog park yet being dragged along the ground by their leashes to allow the dalmatian crouch for that reason alone. LOL

I wasn't sure if the teams whose dogs fell apart on the runaway who then made the decision to just carry the dog without trying to fix it first weren't allowed to try to fix it, or if they just knew after the first team's experience that five minutes wouldn't be enough anyway and so they chose to skip it. I am the farthest thing from a Lego expert, but from the way teams have talked over the years I've always had the impression that structural issues like that simply cannot be fixed quickly.

I appreciated the teen team explaining the SNOT technique. More of that, please.

As others I think noted; the Emergency 5-minute repair time only seems to apply before you get 'on camera', and likely applies to builds that are manipulated a lot more than normal. 

So static cityscapes where you've built on a platform and rolled it in with the rest of the builds, there would not be a 5 minute window chance ever, because once it's done it's done. 

But builds where you do more with them, like the dogs this year, or the Fashion headpieces they did, there's probably a 5 minute repair window because you have to do more with the pieces after the build but before 'presenting' them to the judges. 

Once you've finished that manipulation (putting the 'leash' on the brickdog, or putting on the headpiece) and you've moved to the main stage, you're locked in and don't get any more repair opportunities. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I do think the winner was a bit of a cheat on the show's part- you don't drag a reclining dog down the runway.  I guess this was a smart move, it eliminated a number of potential problems, but I don't think it should have been allowed, much less rewarded.  On the other hand, that crash was totally awesome.

They didn't win.  Will and the judges called down the top three in no particular order, like a real dog show.  Then they announced the winner - the guys who I actually know nothing about because they've blended into the background so far.  I think they are brothers?  Wikipedia tells me that their names are Brendan and Greg.  Wikipedia also says that the other two teams, the doctors and firefighters (the crawling dalmatian), tied for second.

Wikipedia is telling me a third thing too - there will be an episode on Sunday, Nov. 6, at 9:02pm.  I presume to get back on track for the week they missed due to baseball.  

5 "Brickminster Dog Show" October 26, 2022 Wednesday 9:02 p.m.

6 "Pirate Ships Ahoy!" November 2, 2022 Wednesday 9:02 p.m.

7 "Camp Click-A-Brick" November 6, 2022 Sunday 9:02 p.m.

8 "Mini Golf Masters" November 9, 2022 Wednesday 9:02 p.m.

9 "Wrecking Balls to the Wall" November 16, 2022 Wednesday 9:02 p.m.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Mini Golf Masters sounds like a fun challenge. The possibilities for cool builds are endless. I wonder if the teams will get to pick their own theme or if they draw one.

Gosh, do you think the Wrecking Balls challenge will feature teams' Lego builds getting smashed? So original!

3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Gosh, do you think the Wrecking Balls challenge will feature teams' Lego builds getting smashed? So original!

Right? I've never seen that before!  But also - why as the last challenge?  I thought the winners usually got their final winning piece displayed somewhere, like Legoland.  If they smash it, the winners don't get that recognition.

Loved this build! I do think the other team should’ve gone home. They barely even made it to the dog walk, while Jon and Xavier’s at least started down.

Would’ve loved also if they had used rescue dogs or had a a PSA about a rescue org, but maybe that’s just my dog-loving nature coming out. 

• Love 2

Enjoyable episode, but I can’t help but notice that of all the teams, there were four teams that had minorities, and they were four of the first five boots.  Week 2, black siblings.  Week 3, one grandpa is Asian.  Week 4, Mexican girls.  Week 5, Filipino guys.  I agree that boots should be on merit and  nothing else, but still, not a good look.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, ShelleySue said:

I agree, I think the young kids should have been sent home.  Jon and Xavier, their build at least made it there.  Plus, I liked their build better.  Their dog looked like a dog, the belly and sides were filled out and had lots of texture.

The young kids Dachshund was very blocky.  The body was practically a rectangular prism.  I think there were two other builds that looked very flat rectangular… the doctors and somebody else.  I wish Amy and Jamie had called them out on this.  

On 10/27/2022 at 12:20 PM, Shermie said:

These builds were impressive. I think they should have hidden the leashes in some sort of Lego container to smash, forcing them to build whatever dog they randomly got. They could allow them to trade. Having them run wild to the leash table gave advantage to the front row. I mean, I wouldn’t have wanted that mop dog for anything.

It amazes me how crazy some people get about dogs. That tiny blond gal squealing endlessly? Girl, it’s a dog. Calm down. 

Agree, it should have been random, like the way things have been in the past.  Open a Lego bone and see what you will get.  

The mop dog, the team really tried and it was moppy but it looked as if it stuck its paw in a light socket and frizzed out like in Looney Tunes cartoons.  Many of the tendrils were sticking straight out instead of looking like hanging down.  Looked more like a porcupine. 

On 10/28/2022 at 11:28 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Right? I've never seen that before!  But also - why as the last challenge?  I thought the winners usually got their final winning piece displayed somewhere, like Legoland.  If they smash it, the winners don't get that recognition.

I don’t think this is the last challenge, is it?  I could have sworn that in one of the commercials or previews for the season, the teams gushed about doing Marvel superheroes.  Unless there are two parts to some of the episodes.

29 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I don’t think this is the last challenge, is it?  I could have sworn that in one of the commercials or previews for the season, the teams gushed about doing Marvel superheroes.  Unless there are two parts to some of the episodes.

I hope you are right and Wikipedia is wrong!  Maybe Wikpedia just didn't list the last episode yet?

They definitely telegraphed the entire show that Liz and Erin would be the ones to go home and at least that was the right choice this week. Their build was certainly the weakest. 

Mom and son team continue to annoy me. Counting the weeks before they’re sent home. Also definitely not liking the arrogance of the TikTok boys. They can get off my screen any time.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I thought most of the ships were impressive and the right team was sent home.  I don't get why they are all so excited when builds get blown up.  After spending 8 hours creating something, I don't think I'd enjoy seeing it destroyed.

I'm not sure if Will has toned himself down or if I just got used to him but he's not annoying me this season.  I'm actually enjoying him for the most part.

• Love 6

I was watching this last night and they showed Brendan and Greg on screen.  I said to myself "Who are these two?  Have they been here the whole time?"  I know they have but I don't remember anything they have done. lol

• Love 1

After they blow up the builds, all I think is, who has to clean up that mess? The bricks are stored by type and colour, but after explosions, it’s all one big mixed up jumble. At least in the non-explosion eps, staff can just disassemble the builds back into the appropriate bins, but when it’s all mixed together all over the floor (and in the water too, in this case), it just seems like hours and hours of work to put it back. I must be a Mom 😁.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, mlp said:

I don't get why they are all so excited when builds get blown up.  After spending 8 hours creating something, I don't think I'd enjoy seeing it destroyed.

I'm sure they're instructed to show oversize enthusiasm to anything that happens. I was rolling my eyes. There was no need to destroy those builds. I could see a few of the teams wanting to take theirs home as souvenirs. There were some creative ones this week.

The right team went home. I would have given the win to the Canadian team in the top two, but I don't have a big issue with Brendan/Greg winning again.

• Like 2
On 11/8/2022 at 8:26 AM, KeithJ said:

I was watching this last night and they showed Brendan and Greg on screen.  I said to myself "Who are these two?  Have they been here the whole time?"  I know they have but I don't remember anything they have done. lol

Brendan and Greg are my favourite team.  They've had some impressive builds this season, I particularly liked their treehouse that had 8 pods, one for each of the 8 siblings in their family.  I always like sibling teams in reality shows, and there were quite a number of them this season (I think the Canadian hockey lovers are also a sibling team).  

15 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I'm sure they're instructed to show oversize enthusiasm to anything that happens. I was rolling my eyes. There was no need to destroy those builds. I could see a few of the teams wanting to take theirs home as souvenirs. There were some creative ones this week.

The right team went home. I would have given the win to the Canadian team in the top two, but I don't have a big issue with Brendan/Greg winning again.

I fully agree, what a waste to destroy the builds.  I was always wondering if there are any builds that are deemed extraordinary, why the Lego company wouldn't want to market and sell it.  I think Brendan and Greg's ghost pirate ship could totally sell, the seaweed sails were amazing.  Wouldn't the Lego producers want to study the builds in more detail?  I don't know if the show producers think that viewers find destroying the builds to be exciting, but I don't.  All I could think of was all that time spent building and then destroyed in seconds.  Are the contestants at least allowed to take pictures of their builds, or does that violate some kind of spoiler or intellectual property clause in their contracts?

The Boston ladies were seriously outclassed and their ship looked pathetic, it was more like a rectangular barge with sails.  But that said, I found myself not very impressed with the TikTok Boys either.  Both their dog last time and their pirate ship were very very blocky.  The front of the hull was nice but the sides seemed to be completely flat block.  I don't think they seem to have particularly good sculpting skills.

As to last night's episode, since Brendan and Greg are my favourite team, I found myself completely disagreeing with the Jamys.  I didn't think their camp was too "theme park"... there were cabins in the back, and every camp has some signature experiences.  I could easily see the whale flying simulator and the roller coaster in some high-end fantasy camp.

I'm glad they also got the golden brick.  Trying to figure out if TikTok truly was excited at 90,000 bricks.  I mean, yeah, 90,000 bricks is a lot (I'm assuming they weren't all in that box) but for people like this, they probably already have tens of thousands of bricks at home.  The over-the-top reaction and happiness seemed a bit off, I'm wondering how many times they had to reshoot that.  Because I would think that any team would want the golden brick, especially TikTok since they already landed in the bottom two one before.

My daughter was wondering why Brendan and Greg didn't lose the golden brick immediately, since they landed in the bottom two.  But I imagine since they didn't have the chance to play it, then they didn't have the chance to lose it.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 10/27/2022 at 7:52 PM, calvinshobbes said:

there was no chance the tiktok team would go home this early  after they pull the stunt to put them into the competition. They could have shown a broken down alleycat  and the other team would have gone home. This team is going to the final three. 

I haven't seen the Camp episode but had to totally agree with this.  There was no frockin' way that the Tik Toks repaired the legs and the head in 5 minutes.  Just fixing the neck so the head didn't fall off again would probably have taken 5 minutes, These boys started at 3rd base, were given a walk and are congratulating themselves for hitting a homer.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 11/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, blackwing said:

Brendan and Greg are my favourite team.  They've had some impressive builds this season, I particularly liked their treehouse that had 8 pods, one for each of the 8 siblings in their family.  I always like sibling teams in reality shows, and there were quite a number of them this season (I think the Canadian hockey lovers are also a sibling team).  

I fully agree, what a waste to destroy the builds.  I was always wondering if there are any builds that are deemed extraordinary, why the Lego company wouldn't want to market and sell it.  I think Brendan and Greg's ghost pirate ship could totally sell, the seaweed sails were amazing.  Wouldn't the Lego producers want to study the builds in more detail?  I don't know if the show producers think that viewers find destroying the builds to be exciting, but I don't.  All I could think of was all that time spent building and then destroyed in seconds.  Are the contestants at least allowed to take pictures of their builds, or does that violate some kind of spoiler or intellectual property clause in their contracts?

The Boston ladies were seriously outclassed and their ship looked pathetic, it was more like a rectangular barge with sails.  But that said, I found myself not very impressed with the TikTok Boys either.  Both their dog last time and their pirate ship were very very blocky.  The front of the hull was nice but the sides seemed to be completely flat block.  I don't think they seem to have particularly good sculpting skills.

As to last night's episode, since Brendan and Greg are my favourite team, I found myself completely disagreeing with the Jamys.  I didn't think their camp was too "theme park"... there were cabins in the back, and every camp has some signature experiences.  I could easily see the whale flying simulator and the roller coaster in some high-end fantasy camp.

I'm glad they also got the golden brick.  Trying to figure out if TikTok truly was excited at 90,000 bricks.  I mean, yeah, 90,000 bricks is a lot (I'm assuming they weren't all in that box) but for people like this, they probably already have tens of thousands of bricks at home.  The over-the-top reaction and happiness seemed a bit off, I'm wondering how many times they had to reshoot that.  Because I would think that any team would want the golden brick, especially TikTok since they already landed in the bottom two one before.

My daughter was wondering why Brendan and Greg didn't lose the golden brick immediately, since they landed in the bottom two.  But I imagine since they didn't have the chance to play it, then they didn't have the chance to lose it.

Which episode was this? Whale  simulator?

11 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Which episode was this? Whale  simulator?

The episode that just aired, the fantasy camps.  Their camp was a camp for whales, and was something like a training camp to be like Free Willy.  The whales could experience what it was like to fly in the flying simulator, and there was also some roller coaster/slide hill.

4 minutes ago, blackwing said:

The episode that just aired, the fantasy camps.  Their camp was a camp for whales, and was something like a training camp to be like Free Willy.  The whales could experience what it was like to fly in the flying simulator, and there was also some roller coaster/slide hill.I 

just saw the pirate ships.

So... no one went home this week.  Do we think it's because the writers/producers/TPTB realized that they asked for motorized movement in a summer camp theme, and then let the judges get mad when they looked like amusement parks?  Of course they're going to look like amusement parks!  You asked for motorized movement!

The team that won got criticized for not being good at working with the motors, but won because they just had monsters move rather than something that looked like a merry-go-round.  Huh?  Which is it then?

I'm really happy that they pivoted and didn't eliminate anyone this time, because I think the instructions really gave a mixed message.

• Love 4

I don't think it was a pivot. The Golden Brick was being given out in this episode in that weird twist of choosing blindly between two boxes, so it had to be a non-elimination by definition, to prevent exactly the scenario that the TikTok team tried to make happen.

(Although their choosing Brendan and Greg for it was silly. Even if TikTok - clearly - didn't realize this was going to be a non-elim episode, they still should have realized that if nothing else, the show was not going to send home a team that had just won two straight challenges. Body of work does play a factor later on in the competition.)

Now if the Golden Brick had simply been awarded automatically to the winning team, as in all previous instances, the episode wouldn't have needed to be non-elim.

I agreed with Jamie and Amy - Brendan and Greg's camp did totally look like an amusement park, and this was something we specifically saw the judges warn them about while they were working on the build, so it's not like they had no warning. It was the roller coaster that did it. I know it wasn't actually a roller coaster in function, but it just looked entirely too much like one and coupled with the moving ride, made it impossible to overcome the theme park look. A roller coaster is just too iconic a theme park feature.

• Like 1
On 11/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I'll be really annoyed if TikTok wins, since whoever they beat will have been in more competitions and worked harder for it. It just seems like TikTok has an unfair advantage since they started later than everybody else.

I feel like the fix is in for them. So unfair that they came in late - that was really unfair. And I cannot believe their Monster camp beat the lava camp. How much motion did they have? I am still upset from season one during the Star Wars challenge when one team clearly should have gone home and they declared they were all staying. They seem to use different criteria to judge each team. I really like the show, and I love the contestants they genuinely seem to like each other, but I just have not warmed up to the Tik Tok Boys and feel they have not had the same level of criticism for their builds. 

• Love 2

The fix is definitely in for the TTTs.   There is no way their build was the best of the Camps.   The lave camp and superhero training camp were both much better.   No matter what they turn in--impressive or crap--they're winning this thing. 

Edited by Maverick
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, zamp33 said:

I feel like the fix is in for them. So unfair that they came in late - that was really unfair. And I cannot believe their Monster camp beat the lava camp. How much motion did they have? 

This was the point of my comment as well.  The monster camp movement was just the kraken character having revolving tentacles, and the monster waving his arms.  The other teams got penalized for much better movement because they made things that looked like amusement park rides.  It was way too hypocritical for my taste.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This was the point of my comment as well.  The monster camp movement was just the kraken character having revolving tentacles, and the monster waving his arms.  The other teams got penalized for much better movement because they made things that looked like amusement park rides.  It was way too hypocritical for my taste.

Yep, not only that, but I think Amy actually praised their movement.  Said something to the effect of "you guys said you weren't very good at motors but you had nothing to worry about because you really knocked it out of the park".

As I've said before, I think their sculpting skills are weak.  And I still don't understand why the show hasn't addressed the unfairness of these two joining the show in week 4.  At least some kind of explanation.  Were they sick?  Did they have to finish their jobs as summer camp counselors and couldn't be present at the start of filming?  I get that they are a decent team and likely wouldn't have been eliminated before some of the cannon fodder teams, but still.  The perception is that they have been given special treament, and so far, from the way that Amy gushes at pretty much everything they do, it does seem like they are indeed getting special treatment.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Yep, not only that, but I think Amy actually praised their movement.  Said something to the effect of "you guys said you weren't very good at motors but you had nothing to worry about because you really knocked it out of the park".

As I've said before, I think their sculpting skills are weak.  And I still don't understand why the show hasn't addressed the unfairness of these two joining the show in week 4.  At least some kind of explanation.  Were they sick?  Did they have to finish their jobs as summer camp counselors and couldn't be present at the start of filming?  I get that they are a decent team and likely wouldn't have been eliminated before some of the cannon fodder teams, but still.  The perception is that they have been given special treament, and so far, from the way that Amy gushes at pretty much everything they do, it does seem like they are indeed getting special treatment.

I agree.  I wonder if they had to turn 18, to be legal adults...  

• Love 1

There are plenty of reality shows where kids much younger compete (Food Network was overrun with them at one point).  Maybe they had to wait for a school break before they could travel to the taping.  If so, that's still a BS reason to bring them in late.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I saw a post on Reddit where the poster said they watched a video on YouTube (just citing the source, LOL) where the TikTok kids said that they were made to stay at a different hotel and didn't know that they'd be brought in late. I guess they weren't aware of the twist beforehand and had nothing to do with it.

Also, one of them at least is 19, so my theory is wrong, LOL. 

4 hours ago, Maverick said:

There are plenty of reality shows where kids much younger compete (Food Network was overrun with them at one point).  Maybe they had to wait for a school break before they could travel to the taping.  If so, that's still a BS reason to bring them in late.  

Right, but those are kids' competitions where all the competitors are juveniles. This is an adult competition, where I'd assume that they all should be over 18. 

CTV Atlantic somehow needs to fit Lego Master, Masked Singer and TAR in a 3 hour period that starts 1 hour before Eastern... which means Lego Master's new ep has already aired. 

The Minigolf builds were decent to good IMO, with three solid tops and four decent builds.

The builds:

Spoiler

The Bakery one was great; everything worked perfectly and it was neat to look at and was big enough to fill the green decently.

The Castle was great appearance-wise and the gimmicks worked well.

The Gnome-wheel was good, though it seemed a bit simpler to me, with just the see-saw at the start. 

The building site was big and worked for the most part. But it was too busy, making it hard to putt around. And the starting ramp was too high making it hard to putt up.

The Squirrel one was a bit simple; not really filling things up much, and the opening gate being too stiff to let the ball through was a fail. The models for the jay and squirrel being hidden didn't help much either.

The volcano was good, but the temple part needed more testing, and failed when it needed to work.

The Mouse trap had a huge building/contraption in the middle of the green, and had a nice randomness factor the others didn't. But it was late being finished and the decorations were lacking.

The results:

Spoiler

Any of the first three I described could have been Top 2, but I would have preferred the Castle to be Top 2 instead of the Gopher one. The castle just looked better IMO and seemed to work better overall. 

The Bakery winning overall was obvious regardless. It was an impressive build and it worked.

As for the bottom 2, any of the bottom 4 could have been there I think for various reasons. And I'm not sure which I would have sent home.

For who was actually sent home, well, those who have been saying the fix is in, you'll be surprised. (or not if you read this spoiler). That said, I'm not positive I fully agree with the decision. I just can't decide who would have gone home in their place. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2