Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Big Girls, Do Cry

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

There was a clip of the reunion on WWHL and it looks nuts. Ashton actually has the balls to go after Lee and Kate and ask when the last time was that they had real yacht experience. Kate then asks whose boat he’s working on now (rumor is, it’s his girlfriend’s).

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Chickabiddy said:

Kevin is at most a low rent version of Tom Cruise...a low rent version that was rode hard and put up wet. Yuck!

And speaking of low rent, Tanner's squeaky, cutesy mommy is just gag inducing. I just know she saw Collin and his charming parents on a past season and though, "Oh, that could be me and my Tann." Her "Don't get any hookers pregnant,Tann." was just her tacky, crass way of trying to do Colin's mom's We miss you. Collie." and "Oh, look, space doors." 

And I really hope there is some fucking accountability at the reunion for all the gas lighting, toxic masculinity and "bru' bullshit we had to endure watching this season.  That whole fucking deck crew and Kevin are just an assault waiting to happen. These fuckers want to be free to act however they want without any accountability whatsoever. And if some mouthy bitch dares to express displeasure or has a reaction that is anything less than fawning adoration for their silly boy antics, than she is just some high maintenance drama queen throwing her toys out of the cot - Ashton's favorite line to diminish anyone who may take issue with his his behavior. 

If the reunion is just some Andy Cohen guided white-wash of of what happened this season, then Bravo can stick a fork in me because I am going to be so over it. Ugh. 

I agree. After watching Survivor, and their take no bullshit approach last season, I will have all eyes on this reunion show to see how they cover the abuse by these boys. And I thought Survivor went too far with what's-his-name. He was a tame little hamster next to Below Deck's douche bros. But now I say bravo to them...and am in shock that Ashton didn't get ejected immediately after the van attack on Kate.

Up thread someone mentioned a clip on WWHL but I think that was the 100th episode special they already did (if Kate is in pink dress). I couldn't find any clip of the reunion show. But, man, am I anxious to watch. I'll be done with the show if they sugar coat any of these dickheads' behaviors.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Up thread someone mentioned a clip on WWHL but I think that was the 100th episode special they already did (if Kate is in pink dress).

It was definitely last night’s episode with Chef Adam. The cast was all seated on stools and in their reunion outfits—pictures of that have been posted. It started with Ashton giving Kate advice. Lee then said something like, given your limited management experience, do you think you’re in any position to give advice? And that’s when Ashton went after both Kate and Lee. Cooly and calculated like he was just waiting for his moment. It’s definitely going to be entertaining.

• Love 4

How did Simone lie to get the job?

This is a TV role, not a job.  And the tasks they perform are not exactly rocket scienc.

Its not bad enough that Kate bullies a stewardess every season.  But some viewers pile on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

The reunion should be interesting.  I wonder how much of the guys' repeated bad behavior was due to excess alcohol and them legit not remembering what they had said or done.  Ashton didn't remember why he got so mad at Kate that he hit the van.  Kevin didn't remember why he kicked sand in Kate's face.  Ashton was making scripted apology statements when he was on WWHL, sounds like Kevin wasn't.  And the WWHL reunion preview sounds like Ashton may be done apologizing.

When the call with Tanner's mom started, I (again) wondered why he was talking to a kid.  Her voice is so weird!!

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

When the call with Tanner's mom started, I (again) wondered why he was talking to a kid.  Her voice is so weird!!

It didn't help that his mother looked as though she wasn't quite familiar with the concept of a comb.  However, I can forgive that a little because she may not have realized she was going to be on camera. 

20 minutes ago, scrb said:

From what I recall, Simone made it seem as though she had more service experience than she actually had.  I mean, I'll never forget her just kind of standing there with the guests, not asking them if they needed anything and then leaving because they the guests weren't taking the initiative to ask her to help them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

From what I recall, Simone made it seem as though she had more service experience than she actually had.  I mean, I'll never forget her just kind of standing there with the guests, not asking them if they needed anything and then leaving because they the guests weren't taking the initiative to ask her to help them. 

This is a TV role.  I doubt the casting producers cared about her actual experience in the industry.  Or else Rhylee never would have been cast.

The whole managing thing between Kate and Ashton?  Also fake, just a story for the show.

The producers don't want to make a show depicting "good" and "bad" managers.  They just want things to cause arguments and confrontation.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Simone said something that should be the motto for Below Deck.

”Kate is vile.”

I agree.  I think Kate sided with the guys because Kate was such a witch to her all season.  

And Kate bonded with Courtney BEFORE she knew Simone wasn't a great worker.  Why was that?  

I hope she leaves NYC ASAP.

Also, Ashton should have been fired ASAP because of his actions in the van.  If he can't control himself when he drinks, maybe he shouldn't drink.

Did the last charter guests leave the best tip all season?  So much for the stereotype that black women are bad tippers.  (my friends and I had a "dining while black" experience a few weeks ago).

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Blindfox said:

...and this over-long, horrible season comes to a close. I can’t believe I made it through. I hate all these people, except Courtney and maybe Kate.

This really was a slog, wasn't it?  As you said, Courtney was the only one to come out of this unscathed. 

Kevin is a whiney, sexist baby.  Maybe Kate shouldn't have tricked him about the cake, but it didn't deserve a temper tantrum, and I didn't deserve to see him naked. 

Tanner is gross.  Glad Kate finally wised up to this (I think?). "I am getting more lesbian by the minute" may be a line I use in the future. 

Simone, however book smart she may be, has no emotional intelligence.  Did she think Tanner was anything other than a sleazy tool? Did she think a 6 week job would be a training experience? 

Kate has shown her good and bad qualities over the years, but this season sort of brought out her worst. 

Brian is a weak and sad follower. 

Lee was completely ineffectual as a leader. 

Rhylee is still overly combative, IMO, her behavior just paled in comparison to the other assholitry on board. 

Ashton, I don't even know where to start. Vile. 

Between this and Vanderpump Rules this season, Bravo needs to really re-think/retool its casting process. 

• Love 18

This season of Below Deck was not fun.

Kevin was an all-around egotistical jerk. If a grown man kicked sand on me, drunk or not, I would have been as upset as Kate was.  From start to finish, he was a whiny idiot. He is a miserable person -- drunk or sober. 

I'm wonder if Kate is getting a spin-off of her own. The ending was rather cryptic with her talking about moving to NYC. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Rhylee. I can see her working on a crabbing boat like on The Deadliest Catch. Those guys would understand her better. She's a hard worker but definitely a hot-headed person.

I liked Courtenay. She represented a more realistic side on how a normal person would deal with being on the show. She was honest with her feelings and I liked how she didn't cave to peer pressure to drink too much or act out because the camera was rolling.

I did not care for Simone. She was boring and whiny.  

As for the brus. Their behaviour was abhorrent. Asston got off very lightly for his behaviour. I wish that Kate had explained the situation fully to the Captain, especially the cab ride, because Asston was not only sexually aggressive, but physically too. He deserved to be fired for that behaviour alone. I will not watch another season of Below Deck if Asston is in it. That is how much I loathe the guy.

Tanner is a sleazy douchebag. His Mom is weird, and not endearing like Colin's Mom. I can't with her baby voice and repeatedly telling Tanner not to get a girl pregnant. How about teaching your son to respect women, and treat them well? 

Bryan was meh to me. He seemed nice at times but I think he's just better at covering up that he's a sexist pig. 

Not sure if I'll return to this show again. I stuck out to the end, but I was waiting for the ax to fall on Asston, and it did not happen. He was congratulated and pat on the back like he was some kind of hero. 

As for Captain Lee, he's different. More about the fame now. 

• Love 18
52 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And Kate bonded with Courtney BEFORE she knew Simone wasn't a great worker.  Why was that?  

Simone showed she was bad at her job before lunch was served on the first charter.

13 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Does anyone know anything more about this?

She’s been living there since May/June.

• Love 16

We know why Kate bonded with Courtney and not Simone. It’s the same reason why she labeled Jemele a bitch straight off when there were plenty of others who deserved thar title more at their first encounter. They both smoothed it over because they are very smart and are very aware that they are on camera. They are both extremely savvy but the camera doesn’t lie.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

i totally think that if Tanner had booty texted Simone after Kate had rejected him she would have responded.

I totally think if he booty texted her today, she'd go running to him. 

5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

There was a clip of the reunion on WWHL and it looks nuts. Ashton actually has the balls to go after Lee and Kate and ask when the last time was that they had real yacht experience. Kate then asks whose boat he’s working on now (rumor is, it’s his girlfriend’s).

Yeah, he's said it's his girlfriends parent's boat. 

2 hours ago, scrb said:

This is a TV role, not a job.  And the tasks they perform are not exactly rocket scienc.

Its not bad enough that Kate bullies a stewardess every season.  But some viewers pile on.

She told the last group of charter guests this was her second season. If that's true, she sucks even more than I thought. How the hell did she not learn how to open wine or slice fruit or ask guests if they needed anything her first time around, let alone her second.

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Yeah, he's said it's his girlfriends parent's boat. 

Wait ... Buthisface Asston has a girlfriend? And her parents like him enough to give him a job on their boat? Still?

Really?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I mean, I don't like Kevin, but Kate spoke a few times about getting Kevin back for calling her a dick by having him be embarrassed in front of the guests and captain.  She obviously didn't arrange for the primary to get drunk and go to bed, but she certainly had the opportunity to give him a head's up about the primary no longer being there. 

I found the season overall disappointing.  It was too much boys v. girls, and it felt a lot like the fun got sucked out of the show.   

What was Kevin going to do armed with that knowledge? Not give them desert? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Moving to NYC from Florida is a very big change, especially financially. I assume she has something big lined up.

I think she moved there awhile ago-not just after this season wrapped. She drives to Florida a lot because her dog is afraid to fly.

6 hours ago, Lamima said:

And at end he said he was going to go on a vacation with his daughter. I think he may have even said to the beach cause I said, out loud, so he can kick sand in her face. 

Either he or Brian basically said their daughter would never act like the women (Kate/Rhylee I assume) so I guess that means men won't kick sand in their face when they are sitting away from them enjoying a cigarette and a beer, not speaking to them. 

I really did love Courtney this season and people seem disappointed she went with Brian the last night. He is hot and she knows it isn't going anywhere-why not? And I could watch that scene with her and the dog on the dock 100 times. 

I am so happy this season is over. I am a drinker, but I was so tired of watching Kevin and Tanner fall all over the place (and pantless-no thank you) all season. They are both trash and can be taken out accordingly with Ashton.

Edited by jmcd44
I hit submit but I did not actually mean it.
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

I think she moved there awhile ago-not just after this season wrapped. She drives to Florida a lot because her dog is afraid to fly.

She moved May/June of 2019 so shortly after this season finished filming in Feb/March of 2019.

37 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why does everything need to be made into a race issue? I am seriously asking this. 

It isn’t always a race issue. Only when it obviously is one. It is not as big an issue as it might be because Kate has so many ride and die defenders.

Several commenters have explained it much better than I ever could. 

I would use Justice Potter Stewart’s stark insight “I don’t attempt to further define it......but I know it when I see it.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Kevin is at most a low rent version of Tom Cruise...a low rent version that was rode hard and put up wet. Yuck!

And speaking of low rent, Tanner's squeaky, cutesy mommy is just gag inducing. I just know she saw Collin and his charming parents on a past season and though, "Oh, that could be me and my Tann." Her "Don't get any hookers pregnant,Tann." was just her tacky, crass way of trying to do Colin's mom's We miss you. Collie." and "Oh, look, space doors." 

And I really hope there is some fucking accountability at the reunion for all the gas lighting, toxic masculinity and "bru' bullshit we had to endure watching this season.  That whole fucking deck crew and Kevin are just an assault waiting to happen. These fuckers want to be free to act however they want without any accountability whatsoever. And if some mouthy bitch dares to express displeasure or has a reaction that is anything less than fawning adoration for their silly boy antics, than she is just some high maintenance drama queen throwing her toys out of the cot - Ashton's favorite line to diminish anyone who may take issue with his his behavior. 

If the reunion is just some Andy Cohen guided white-wash of of what happened this season, then Bravo can stick a fork in me because I am going to be so done. Ugh. 

THIS!!! To the whole bolded part.

That's misogyny in a nutshell!! A woman is "difficult" or "a bitch" if they have the nerve to express displeasure instead of leaving well enough alone. 

The first night Rhylee was there was an example of how Ashton thought Rhylee shouldn't have "escalated" her argument with Kevin and instead "leave well enough alone". It was Rhylees fault for engaging but not Kevins fault for being unecessarily and ridiculously aggressive about an order request. 

Ashtons continuous correction of Kate and thinking that he was in a position to chastise Kate's behavior in a GENERAL sense. I could have been ok with Ashton expressing frustration with Kate's behavior if he said something like, "oh okay Kate, you're acting really childish throwing the clothes on the floor" cause he would have been correct but his need to scold and proceed to tell her how she can and cannot act was what further definied what Ashton is about. Brian too. 

The way Brian seems to think that he can dictate how Courtney or any of the Rhylee should react to how they are being treated is another tactic to trying to control women and their behavior. Why does he seem to think that what HE wants to see happen is what in fact should happen? It's one thing to has an opinion about how shit is going down and also having a sour reaction to it but it's another to be mad at the idea of a women expressing themselves.

It's a running theme this season. The men aren't actually mad about any particular act or situation they are mad at an entire concept. The concept that women are actually allowed to respond, react, express disgust and return fire. That's what's been fueling their disagreeable dispositions all season. The fact that any of the woman have the gall to challenge them in any given situation. Ugggghhhhh, all of the men are just deplorable. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Either he or Brian basically said their daughter would never act like the women (Kate/Rhylee I assume) so I guess that means men won't kick sand in their face when they are sitting away from them enjoying a cigarette and a beer, not speaking to them. 

I really did love Courtney this season and people seem disappointed she went with Brian the last night. He is hot and she knows it isn't going anywhere-why not? And I could watch that scene with her and the dog on the dock 100 times. 

I am so happy this season is over. I am a drinker, but I was so tired of watching Kevin and Tanner fall all over the place (and pantless-no thank you) all season. They are both trash and can be taken out accordingly with Ashton.

I don't think anything actually happened, anyway.  I think Brian said something to Tanner the next morning about being too drunk and basically passed out.  

And, I totally agree with your last statement.  I honestly feel that aside from the fact that with the group of men boys on this season, it was a perfect storm of assholery, I also think that alcohol played a HUGE part in that.  I mean, we've seen all the crews go out and party on both BD and BDM, but the level of constant drunkeness, especially from Tanner and Kevin (and, to a degree, Ashton) every single time they went out was beyond normal.  

It was total binge-drinking, cringe-worthy bullshit, especially from Kevin, Tanner and Ashton.  What is worse is that they will all continue to excuse their behavior and blame it on alcohol, but NOT change their ways, imo.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, 1Seattlekitten said:

I've watched every episode of BD and BD Med, and think we viewers have no clue how challenging and utterly exhausting these continually revolving short charters are during 6 weeks of filming a BD season.  The cast is pretty much on call 18+ hrs a day and are physically spent by the last charter. This season the women were victomized by misogynist and sometimes dangerous treatment from the 4 "brus" that obviously added a huge toll on the womens' emotional well being, especially on Kate and Rhylee.  Capt Lee clearly was not apprised of the guys' disgusting behavior in real-time so there was little that he could/should do based on his lack of information.  Kate and even Rhylee, could have reported the guys' hostile mistreatment to Capt Lee, but Rhylee was attempting to show her effort to listen and improve, and Kate was trying to handle it herself without dragging Lee into it, she says partially because she was constantly taunted for getting supposed "special favored" treatment by Capt Lee.  The whole thing was just a super charged car wreck. I actually place 100% of the blame on BRAVO and 51 Minds Production for seeing the hostile and dangerous behaviors in real time and failing to intervene, alert Capt Lee, and put a stop to it.  Instead, they allowed  Ashton and Kevin (in leadership roles, no less) get away with escalating and demeaning treatment of Kate and Rhylee.  Tanner and Brian followed suit with their own scummy treatment towards Courtney and Simone and constant backstabbing Kate .  It blows me away that in this "Me Too" climate that BRAVO and 51 Minds Production thought it was a good idea to not intervene. As a result of their inaction to do what's right,  many fans are so disgusted that they litteraly have sworn off the entire BD franchise.  What a shame to allow misguided casting and poor production oversight in real time to ignore the damage happening right in front of their eyes. Reprehensible on their part.  It!s been additionally painful to read hateful comments from fans about Kate.  Dear heavens, how many fans watching in the confort of their home seriously have the right to criticize Kate, knowing shes working around the clock with little sleep, huge responsibilities, under hurtful and nonstop taunts by the 4 disgusting brus. I can't even imagine how emotionally hard that was for her.  As well,  it's been distressing to read negative comments from viewers about Capt Lee's failure to intervene and criticizing his leadership. Those comments are so uncalled for.  I've read on blog and article after article that he was unaware of the guys' misogynist and demeaning behavior until he watched the episodes on BRAVO just like other viewers.  I am sure he feels gut punched to finally see what was going on below deck without his knowledge. He does not deserve backlash and criticism from couch- based quarter backs.  The preview clip of the reunion next week showed that Ashton had the absolute gall to attack Capt Lee plus Kate. I can only hope that the entire crew turns it back on to Ashton.

My biggest fear is that all the uncalled for criticism and hatred will lead Kate and Capt Lee to leave the BD franchise.  It would be a huge loss as the two of them have clearly been the stars that propelled the show to huge success.  They both have a huge fan base, but the hateful sting of some of these comments might push them over the ledge to just shove it.  What a terrible shame that would be!  They've carried the show on their backs and they deserve to go out on a positive nite, not with a bitter taste in thier mouths.  My fondest dream would be for BRAVO and 51 Minds to recognize the disaster they allowed, and hire a "dream cast" for season 8, giving Kate and Capt Lee and the BD fan base a chance to fall in love with the show again.  Bring back Josiah, Amy, Courtney, Connie, Eddie, Ross, Colin, Rhylee and even crazy Kat to form an All Star Below Deck cast!  Then absolutely book crazy charter guests for drama and fun..a bubble party repeat would be great.  

Kate, Capt Lee and Below Deck fans deserve it!  Seems to me they are probably gettiing ready to begin filming season 8 in around 3 weeks.  I-m keeping my fingers crossed that SOMEONE at BRAVO has the sense to make it happen...

Bravo! Pun intended. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, scrb said:

She claimed to have skills she clearly didn’t have to get the job. This may be a show but I’m treating it like it’s real - what fun is it to constantly disbelieve everything you see? What then becomes the point of watching? As for ”viewers piling on”, we are all as entitled to our opinions as you are to yours.

Edited by Blindfox
Punctuation.
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

THIS!!! To the whole bolded part.

That's misogyny in a nutshell!! A woman is "difficult" or "a bitch" if they have the nerve to express displeasure instead of leaving well enough alone. 

The first night Rhylee was there was an example of how Ashton thought Rhylee shouldn't have "escalated" her argument with Kevin and instead "leave well enough alone". It was Rhylees fault for engaging but not Kevins fault for being unecessarily and ridiculously aggressive about an order request. 

Ashtons continuous correction of Kate and thinking that he was in a position to chastise Kate's behavior in a GENERAL sense. I could have been ok with Ashton expressing frustration with Kate's behavior if he said something like, "oh okay Kate, you're acting really childish throwing the clothes on the floor" cause he would have been correct but his need to scold and proceed to tell her how she can and cannot act was what further definied what Ashton is about. Brian too. 

The way Brian seems to think that he can dictate how Courtney or any of the Rhylee should react to how they are being treated is another tactic to trying to control women and their behavior. Why does he seem to think that what HE wants to see happen is what in fact should happen? It's one thing to has an opinion about how shit is going down and also having a sour reaction to it but it's another to be mad at the idea of a women expressing themselves.

It's a running theme this season. The men aren't actually mad about any particular act or situation they are mad at an entire concept. The concept that women are actually allowed to respond, react, express disgust and return fire. That's what's been fueling their disagreeable dispositions all season. The fact that any of the woman have the gall to challenge them in any given situation. Ugggghhhhh, all of the men are just deplorable. 

A thousand likes  🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 1Seattlekitten said:

I've watched every episode of BD and BD Med, and think we viewers have no clue how challenging and utterly exhausting these continually revolving short charters are during 6 weeks of filming a BD season.  The cast is pretty much on call 18+ hrs a day and are physically spent by the last charter. This season the women were victomized by misogynist and sometimes dangerous treatment from the 4 "brus" that obviously added a huge toll on the womens' emotional well being, especially on Kate and Rhylee.  Capt Lee clearly was not apprised of the guys' disgusting behavior in real-time so there was little that he could/should do based on his lack of information.  Kate and even Rhylee, could have reported the guys' hostile mistreatment to Capt Lee, but Rhylee was attempting to show her effort to listen and improve, and Kate was trying to handle it herself without dragging Lee into it, she says partially because she was constantly taunted for getting supposed "special favored" treatment by Capt Lee.  The whole thing was just a super charged car wreck. I actually place 100% of the blame on BRAVO and 51 Minds Production for seeing the hostile and dangerous behaviors in real time and failing to intervene, alert Capt Lee, and put a stop to it.  Instead, they allowed  Ashton and Kevin (in leadership roles, no less) get away with escalating and demeaning treatment of Kate and Rhylee.  Tanner and Brian followed suit with their own scummy treatment towards Courtney and Simone and constant backstabbing Kate .  It blows me away that in this "Me Too" climate that BRAVO and 51 Minds Production thought it was a good idea to not intervene. As a result of their inaction to do what's right,  many fans are so disgusted that they litteraly have sworn off the entire BD franchise.  What a shame to allow misguided casting and poor production oversight in real time to ignore the damage happening right in front of their eyes. Reprehensible on their part.  It!s been additionally painful to read hateful comments from fans about Kate.  Dear heavens, how many fans watching in the confort of their home seriously have the right to criticize Kate, knowing shes working around the clock with little sleep, huge responsibilities, under hurtful and nonstop taunts by the 4 disgusting brus. I can't even imagine how emotionally hard that was for her.  As well,  it's been distressing to read negative comments from viewers about Capt Lee's failure to intervene and criticizing his leadership. Those comments are so uncalled for.  I've read on blog and article after article that he was unaware of the guys' misogynist and demeaning behavior until he watched the episodes on BRAVO just like other viewers.  I am sure he feels gut punched to finally see what was going on below deck without his knowledge. He does not deserve backlash and criticism from couch- based quarter backs.  The preview clip of the reunion next week showed that Ashton had the absolute gall to attack Capt Lee plus Kate. I can only hope that the entire crew turns it back on to Ashton.

My biggest fear is that all the uncalled for criticism and hatred will lead Kate and Capt Lee to leave the BD franchise.  It would be a huge loss as the two of them have clearly been the stars that propelled the show to huge success.  They both have a huge fan base, but the hateful sting of some of these comments might push them over the ledge to just shove it.  What a terrible shame that would be!  They've carried the show on their backs and they deserve to go out on a positive nite, not with a bitter taste in thier mouths.  My fondest dream would be for BRAVO and 51 Minds to recognize the disaster they allowed, and hire a "dream cast" for season 8, giving Kate and Capt Lee and the BD fan base a chance to fall in love with the show again.  Bring back Josiah, Amy, Courtney, Connie, Eddie, Ross, Colin, Rhylee and even crazy Kat to form an All Star Below Deck cast!  Then absolutely book crazy charter guests for drama and fun..a bubble party repeat would be great.  

Kate, Capt Lee and Below Deck fans deserve it!  Seems to me they are probably gettiing ready to begin filming season 8 in around 3 weeks.  I-m keeping my fingers crossed that SOMEONE at BRAVO has the sense to make it happen...

BRAVO! and @tvfanatic13 beat me to it 🙂

• Love 4
23 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Simone said something that should be the motto for Below Deck.

”Kate is vile.”

Whatever will you do without Kate if she does leave?  There does not seem to be anyone or anything else on the show that interest you. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Ya just know “Tan” flicked his cigarette butt after that phone call into the beautiful Thai harbor and sea. Jackass. 

This drives me crazy on every iteration of Below Deck. So many of them smoke and throw cigarettes in the water. I live near the beach and the amount of cigarette butts I end up picking up when I’m there is really disturbing. Besides the normal toxins, they usually have plastic filters so it just adds more plastic to our already polluted oceans. It shouldn’t surprise me, but it’s depressing to see people who (theoretically) work on the water and love the water be so careless (also see Hannah from Med throwing broken plates in the ocean).

• Love 5

“If she said, like, you balding dickhead or told me I had a small penis... like, if she had said some truth, that’s fine. But definitely don’t call me a fucking shitty yacht chef.” (Kevin TH near the end of the episode)

Well, we know that Kev is, in fact, a balding dickhead, but did he also just tell us all that he has a small penis? 

The producers sure sucked this season, but I will express gratitude for the above talking head and the shot of Courtney’s interaction with the precious dog.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed the new show Below Deck Sailing Yacht.

It was so refreshing to not have to deal with Captain Lee and Kate or Captain Sandy and Hannah. I am sure the new Captain and Chief Stew will have their issues but at least it won’t be the same old same old.

They really need new blood on these franchises. The toxic season we just saw is proof positive that it needs a change.

• Love 6
On 2/3/2020 at 8:14 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Kevin is such a fucking c***! I can’t express how much I loathe his sorry ass. 🖕🏻

I really wouldn’t give him that kind of credit. To quote Sally Field, “c**** are powerful, beautiful, nurturing and honest.”

Kevin is none of those things.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Lamima said:

I agree. After watching Survivor, and their take no bullshit approach last season, I will have all eyes on this reunion show to see how they cover the abuse by these boys. And I thought Survivor went too far with what's-his-name. He was a tame little hamster next to Below Deck's douche bros. But now I say bravo to them...and am in shock that Ashton didn't get ejected immediately after the van attack on Kate.

Up thread someone mentioned a clip on WWHL but I think that was the 100th episode special they already did (if Kate is in pink dress). I couldn't find any clip of the reunion show. But, man, am I anxious to watch. I'll be done with the show if they sugar coat any of these dickheads' behaviors.

Part of the reason Survivor went hard on that dude was because a producer made a complaint about him too. Guess what didn't happen here? Did people miss the discussion from last season where they explicitly stated that the cameraman could have been fired for putting his camera down to untie the line and save Ashton's life? Lee said it. Kate said it. That provision is still in all of the production crew contracts.

16 hours ago, Blindfox said:

Simone, grow the fuck up. You clearly lied to get this job, and I think Kate was pretty damn patient with you under the circumstances. The fact you think Kate was a terrible boss because she said one negative (and probably truthful) thing to you just reveals how immature and innocent about life and work you are. Wait until you have a boss who shits all over you no matter how good a job you do. Then you’ll have something to bitch about.

16 hours ago, scrb said:

15 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

15 hours ago, scrb said:

This is a TV role.  I doubt the casting producers cared about her actual experience in the industry.  Or else Rhylee never would have been cast.

13 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

She told the last group of charter guests this was her second season. If that's true, she sucks even more than I thought. How the hell did she not learn how to open wine or slice fruit or ask guests if they needed anything her first time around, let alone her second.

Simone did not have the skills one would expect of a decent second stew. I actually weirdly ran across her yachting resume before the season began. I don't believe she lied about her experience and I believe Kate said in her book that for her first 2 years of yachting she really only did laundry. I don't know why Kate would expect Simone to have skills she didn't have at the same point in her own career. Simone has said that she's been doing this for a little over a year. Should Simone have better service skills? Yeah, probably, but at no point has she said I did "x, y, and z on my last yacht" and had it disproven like Kasey on Med who lied about her actual entire resume or Laura who talked a ton of shit about how Kate did things and literally couldn't replicate any of those same skills. Simone has said she's worked in the industry for a little more than a year, she mostly did laundry, and she'd like to improve her service skills. There are no lies there.

The reason race might be an issue is because there is a race problem in yachting. Stewardesses are usually white women. It's very rare to hire women of color. Charter guests can be weirdly openly racist in the Mediterranean. If you a had an openly racist guest, a good chief stew would stick Simone below doing laundry and cleaning. This prevents Simone from gaining some of those service skills she didn't have. A more typical chief stew would fire Simone because the person with the money doesn't want Black people around. The other reason race is an issue in yachting is because yachting like many other high end businesses and services likes to perpetuate the idea that Black customers are difficult and bad tippers.

The reason I think Kate was a shit boss to Simone is because she was. Simone didn't have an issue because Kate said Simone was a bad second stew. Simone had an issue with Kate because Kate had clearly made some sort of skills assessment of Simone and Courtney, failed to communicate the results with either woman, kept giving Courtney all of the second stew duties with no explanation, couldn't be arsed to have a discussion with Simone about Simone's skills UNTIL Simone had to drag it from Kate, and then sat around being a hypocritical witch and accused Simone of embarrassing the department. Those are the reasons I think Kate was a shitty boss.

Simone sees that she isn't getting assigned second stew duties. She asks her colleagues if she should talk to Kate about it. They say yes. Simone talks to Kate and mentions that she asked advice from others. Kate says that Simone is a bad second stew who embarrassed the interior department by merely talking about their issues. Kate then leaves to nastily gossip about Simone to Courtney and Kevin. Everyone blew a gasket when Ashton pulled this type of shit with Rhylee, but is dead silent when Kate did it. And Kate isn't somehow justified in being a bad boss and a gossip just because Simone isn't very good at part of the job. Simone's crappy service skills were an embarrassment to the interior department, but Simone asking her colleagues how to discuss her disappointment with Kate was clearly too professional for the type of chief stew Kate felt like being in that moment.

Have I seen Kate be a worse bully? Absolutely. The herpes tirade against Caroline. Her entire treatment of Amy on season 2. Kate has absolutely treated people worse than how she treated Simone, but that's not a good thing. Except for how she dealt with Caroline on the last day, last season was the most professional we've ever seen Kate. She's always been a pretty good stew, but a fairly crappy boss. She's always been a bully and thrown mean jabs. That being said, I do find it disappointing that Simone is taking pleasure when the Brüs take cheap shitty shots at Kate. You don't have to like someone to acknowledge mistreatment. 

• Love 11

This was the absolute worst season of Below Deck. I hope I never see Ashton, Brian, Tanner, Kevin and Kate again. I’m proud of my girl Simone for independently improving her service skills. I follow her on Instagram and I can say that her plan to go to the Med is paying off as Sis is living her best life in France right now. Still don’t understand why she degraded herself with Tanner. Even though I can’t stand Kevin, I do agree with him that Kate is horrible at training. Kate better not ride the NYC trains with her “I’m better than you” attitude because she’ll learn that New Yorkers are not the ones. 

Ashton should not be in a leadership position until he has a personality transplant. Seeing as he’s refusing to take responsibility for his actions he should be given the lowest position on the boat. Brian needs to grow a spine and a brain and stop following the crowd. Tanner is an embarrassment to the state of New York.

• Love 4

Great post @1Seattlekitten

Bon Voyage Ashton and his merry band of dickhead douche brus. I hope to never see any of you on my tv screen again, apart from being skewered at the reunion by Lee, the viewers and ideally Andy. 

18 hours ago, scrb said:

Ohh so the rest of the show is fake and scripted, but anything bitchy Kate says or does is authentic? Got it. 

8 hours ago, laprin said:

I agree 100%. And I’m offended by the notion that it’s obvious. Most of my very good friends are other black women (like me).I can’t stand Simone. Are people not allowed to dislike people on merit? 

This reminds me of that scene from 30 Rock where Liz dates a really lame and annoying character (played by Wayne Brady.) He labels her a racist when she tells him it’s not going to work between them. 
—————————-

Liz: I truly don’t like you as a person. Can’t one human being just not like another human being? Can’t we all just not get along? 

Steven: Liz, I wish it could be like that..and maybe someday our children or our children’s children will hate each other like that. But it just doesn’t work that way today. 

Liz: So what you’re saying is that any woman who doesn’t like you is a racist.

Steven: No no no no. Some women are gay. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
On 2/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Do they always have a private party for the finale?  That seemed like a terrible idea.

Put a bunch of people that are so sick of each other that they want to go to their separate corners and pretend like its a party.

Seems like some combination of the women decided to be woo girls just to make it seem like this was a good party.

I guess they figured they would get more drama if they dropped them on a private island where they couldn't decide to go back to the boat on their own.

It did save the patrons at the various bars in town from having to deal with the brus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The reason race might be an issue is because there is a race problem in yachting. Stewardesses are usually white women. It's very rare to hire women of color. Charter guests can be weirdly openly racist in the Mediterranean. If you a had an openly racist guest, a good chief stew would stick Simone below doing laundry and cleaning. This prevents Simone from gaining some of those service skills she didn't have. A more typical chief stew would fire Simone because the person with the money doesn't want Black people around. The other reason race is an issue in yachting is because yachting like many other high end businesses and services likes to perpetuate the idea that Black customers are difficult and bad tippers.

ent. 

Exactly. MIGHT be an issue. It's where it's expressed as definitely the issue in the case with Kate and Simone that causes the questioning dialogue.

I personally don't think there's enough to go on to make that determination. Kate isn't my favorite person but in all honesty I attribute her crappy attitude with Simone to the fact that Kate tends to be a mean girl at the drop of a hat and once Simone gave Kate even the slightest excuse to be "exasperated" with her Kate proceeded as Kate does. I think it all had to do with Kate being a mean girl and not about Kate being racist. We've seen Kate do this in previous seasons. Kate also made the correct assessment. When she does decide to be catty Kate she usually cozies up to the more capable stew cause at the end of the day there's a job to do and she doesn't want to alienate the one other person that will make her job easier.

I don't think it was that hard to determine that Courtney was the better bet. Right off the bat Courtney just carried herself better and more confidently while Simone was more meek, and scattered. Kate doesn't need 3 charters to catch the vibe coming from those two. Hell I noticed the difference between the two at home on my couch right away. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10