Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Big Girls, Do Cry

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Putting the final charter at risk, Kate sets Kevin up for failure by allowing him to present the primary’s requested erotic cake knowing she already went to bed. Captain Lee arranges a Full Moon Party on a private beach for the crew’s final night. While Courtney and Brian try to resolve their issues, Tanner makes his final attempt at wooing Kate. Kevin confronts Kate before the crew departs Valor for good.

Airs February 3, 2020.

4 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Kevin does NOT look like Tom Cruise. Why would anyone tell him that??

He does actually sort of remind me of Tom Cruise’s cousin, who always pays scheming bad guys.  Blanking on his name right now...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

He does actually sort of remind me of Tom Cruise’s cousin, who always pays scheming bad guys.  Blanking on his name right now...

William Mapother, which is Tom Cruise’s given surname. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Kate did not “set Kevin up”.  It fell in her lap when the primary crashed.

I mean, I don't like Kevin, but Kate spoke a few times about getting Kevin back for calling her a dick by having him be embarrassed in front of the guests and captain.  She obviously didn't arrange for the primary to get drunk and go to bed, but she certainly had the opportunity to give him a head's up about the primary no longer being there. 

I found the season overall disappointing.  It was too much boys v. girls, and it felt a lot like the fun got sucked out of the show.   

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

mean, I don't like Kevin, but Kate spoke a few times about getting Kevin back for calling her a dick by having him be embarrassed in front of the guests and captain.  She obviously didn't arrange for the primary to get drunk and go to bed, but she certainly had the opportunity to give him a head's up about the primary no longer being there. 

Weren’t those talking heads? I don’t think she could have predicted that would have been their reaction just because Jemelle wasn’t there.

• Love 9

Do they always have a private party for the finale?  That seemed like a terrible idea.

Put a bunch of people that are so sick of each other that they want to go to their separate corners and pretend like its a party.

Seems like some combination of the women decided to be woo girls just to make it seem like this was a good party.

I guess they figured they would get more drama if they dropped them on a private island where they couldn't decide to go back to the boat on their own.

• Love 7
Just now, biakbiak said:

I don’t think she could have predicted that would have been their reaction just because Jemelle wasn’t there.

It was the talking heads, but I think if Kate gave her motivation.  She couldn't have predicted that Kevin would pick an extra awkward time to bring out the penis cake, but I think there were certainly ways she could have mitigated things and chose not to do so.  Again, I don't say that because I like Kevin, only to say that I think Kate was trying to mess with him.

• Love 5

Three word/phrases that I NEVER want to hear again:

OMG

bru/brus

Jiminy Cricket(s)

The only good thing I can say is that Ashton finally showed a tiny spark of maturity by keeping to himself and staying out of any finale party drama.  Something must have happened to make him steer clear and stay reasonably sober.

• Love 24
37 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

but I think if Kate gave her motivatio

I don’t understand since the talking heads are filmed after and therefore she was commenting on how it worked out well but I don’t see how she would known they would react that way to the cake. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Weren’t those talking heads? I don’t think she could have predicted that would have been their reaction just because Jemelle wasn’t there.

I agree.  It seemed to me that Kate's prank was to have Kevin spend a lot of time on a cake the primary requested and wasn't there to fawn over.  Had he known that the primary wasn't there, he would have just decided whether he should still make the cake or do a less time consuming desert.  I don't think Kate or Kevin would have anticipated the reaction.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 8

I think they were all vile in their own ways.

Some (the boys) more so than others.

I just want everybody to be new next year.  Or bring in Colin for no other reason then stress relief for some of us viewers.  Just have one token "positive stay out of the drama/dont be a dick" crew member.

Is that too much to ask?

• Love 12

Nothing much to say.  These brus are such immature assholes. 

No.  You don't kick sand at anybody.  Well, maybe if you're six years old.  And it appears that Kate wears contacts.  That can be brutal if you get sand in an eye with a contact.

Go away Simone.  Use your math degree that you keep going on and  about.

Really Court?  You spent the night with that bru?

Sorry Kev.  You're not as good as you think you are.  Tom Cruise?????  Yeah.  Ok.

The reunion is going to be at least two parts because the listing show next Monday as Reunion part one.  It should be a doozy.

Edited by breezy424
grammer
  • Love 24

Kicking sand is a childish move for sure.

Letting your chef be humiliated while you laugh at him is a childish move.

Fighting with your subordinate when it is a lost cause is a childish move.

You need to be an adult. Do the thing that so many adults did when faced with this childish behavior. Say you are going out for a pack of cigarettes....and never come back.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I mean, I don't like Kevin, but Kate spoke a few times about getting Kevin back for calling her a dick by having him be embarrassed in front of the guests and captain.  She obviously didn't arrange for the primary to get drunk and go to bed, but she certainly had the opportunity to give him a head's up about the primary no longer being there. 

I found the season overall disappointing.  It was too much boys v. girls, and it felt a lot like the fun got sucked out of the show.   

I may be the only person here that dislikes the way Kate behaved this season. (and has never really been the Saint.) She was after Kevin all season because she took offense early on when there WAS an issue with service in the AM.  I'm not condoning the sand kick at all, but she is supposed to be a Leader, and she was the least mature of them all. The minute something did not go her way, it was ON.  (notice, we could have watched a lovefest if Kevin had just said she was a great Chief Stew...but since he gave his honest opinion, she started in on his food. Rinse and repeat each season...

She is at such low risk of getting called out by the boss (and I do like the Cap...) and she knows it.

Thanks for indulging me...just had to get my frustrations out. I have been with Below Deck from the beginning, 

good news is Below Deck Sailing Yacht looks pretty good! 

Cheers.

• Love 13

Kate wanted a fake goodbye from Kevin?

Like the one she gave to Ashton?

Paraphrasing Rhylee: “I’m proud of myself for my reserve this season.”

Wow, she was holding back?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Simone said something that should be the motto for Below Deck.

”Kate is vile.”

Kate said to Simone “you did a great job this season” and Simone wasn’t buying it.

After putting her down all season, Kate expects Simone to buy her fake attempt at going out on a high note?

”Disingenuous” was a nice way to describe Kate’s behavior.  

Kate might find some New Yorkers will push back a lot more than she apparently thinks she deserves.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, elsie said:

Courtney was my favorite this season and Brian's abs were my second, so it was kind of cool to have the former lead the latter into one of the guest rooms to spend the last night together with seemingly no strings attached.

This is what I am so excited about at the reunion because even before the season fully aired they did not like each other on SM. She also never confirmed they had sex but even if they did the fact that he immediately told Ashton (and Tanner) time and time again that he also shared their business.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I may be the only person here that dislikes the way Kate behaved this season. (and has never really been the Saint.) She was after Kevin all season because she took offense early on when there WAS an issue with service in the AM.  I'm not condoning the sand kick at all, but she is supposed to be a Leader, and she was the least mature of them all. The minute something did not go her way, it was ON.  (notice, we could have watched a lovefest if Kevin had just said she was a great Chief Stew...but since he gave his honest opinion, she started in on his food. Rinse and repeat each season...

She is at such low risk of getting called out by the boss (and I do like the Cap...) and she knows it.

Nope...I'm right there with you.  Her leadership skills are severely lacking.  Yeah I know the guys were pretty immature and insulting but this is not the first charter that she's been on constant bitch mode.  She likes to criticize others but can't take it when anything is said towards her.  Honestly, I think it's time she moves on to something else.  

• Love 7

Everyone was too exhausted and depressed to bring the drama at the moon party. Same with the goodbyes. This season was horrible and just kind of limped to a finish.

Interesting that Kate flipped off the camera crew as she sashayed into a guest room after the moon party. If Kate leaves the series, I'll wonder if she jumped or was pushed.

Moving to NYC from Florida is a very big change, especially financially. I assume she has something big lined up.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Kevin , how do you like watching yourself getting completely shitfaced every time you drink? That will look great on your CV. The look on your face (and Kate's) when you served your dick cake - priceless. Oh and kicking sand in Kate's face? Class move dickhead.

I did wonder how he was going to explain his behavior to his family.  I mean, for all his talk about his daughter, I'm trying to imagine what she might think seeing her drunken father parading naked around the crew level of the ship. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Clearly Kevin is his own biggest fan

There was a moment earlier in the season where he said something like "I don't expect a pat on the back." I thought of course not, you're too busy patting your own back.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I did wonder how he was going to explain his behavior to his family.  I mean, for all his talk about his daughter, I'm trying to imagine what she might think seeing her drunken father parading naked around the crew level of the ship. 

And at end he said he was going to go on a vacation with his daughter. I think he may have even said to the beach cause I said, out loud, so he can kick sand in her face. 

Those power rankings or whatever they're called...I'd switch out Tanner with Kevin. I think Asston was #1 dickhead and Kevin was #2. Those 2 were aggressively violent.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 11