Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: He kauwā ke kanaka na ke aloha (Man is a Slave of Love)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, preeya said:

WTF?  Everything got all wrapped up so abruptly, just so they could show "romantic movies."  WTF?

ETA: Danny is one of the most obnoxious characters EVER!

I lost a minute somewhere so when I was wondering how the hostage crises would end we had the Valentine Day party.

I'd like to see a spreadsheet of how many times each member of Five-0 has been held hostage. I think this was the second time for Noealni?

I liked seeing Noelani and Tani spending time together even though we probably only got those scenes due to Beulah being off set for a while. Too bad they did not get a better plot.

Adam still being on the team makes only sense (loosing the term lightly) when he's so deep deep deep undercover. And Kameekona was right: 'Love Actually' is a Christmas movie.

• Love 1

It was really nice to have an episode that showed Danny as a competent, experienced cop with good instincts and a good heart. Nice too that he had more than just a very few lines of dialogue and that some of the rest of the team were used effectively - I say some because the hostage drama was just ridiculous filler.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, momo said:

Please explain the deal with the phone tracking?  Someone??

And what was the deal w/the flower delivery at the beginning?

The Feds were on to 5-0's line which they thought was secret. When Danny called in they captured the burner number and then tracked his phone to  Kamekono's safehouse 

The flowers delivery was the actual murderer from India who used the flowers to get the door open.

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Msample said:

The actress who played the diplomats wife was a dead ringer for Alexa Davalos ( Man in the High Castle ).

I thought she looked like Danny's bar room pickup from last week and the opening was him dreaming about her.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I am surprised how much time these folks spend with each other - work, social events, dinner, etc. Waaay too much coworker time.

Steve lost his father, Danny all his friends to be near his daughter. Lou's kids went away to school. Junior was homeless and estranged from his father. So now they see each other as family

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Raja said:

The Feds were on to 5-0's line which they thought was secret. When Danny called in they captured the burner number and then tracked his phone to  Kamekono's safehouse 

The flowers delivery was the actual murderer from India who used the flowers to get the door open.

That's what I thought at first, but the flowers weren't yellow, and when she went back inside, her husband was already dead.  (thx for your help!)

• Love 1

There were two flower deliveries.  The one we saw with the roses was after the wife came home and found her husband dead and thought the doctor did it to protect her. The husband had apparently bought flowers for his wife for Valentine's Day and that was the delivery we saw.  It was not connected to the husband's death.

Then there was an earlier delivery we didn't see where the guy from India pretended to be a florist to gain entry to the home and kill the husband. This happened before the woman got home.  The murderer took the flowers with him when he left but a yellow petal fell off and was found at the crime scene.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
For clarity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 2/15/2020 at 7:13 PM, Msample said:

The actress who played the diplomats wife was a dead ringer for Alexa Davalos ( Man in the High Castle ).

Thank you!  It was driving me crazy trying to remember who she reminded me of.

I really liked the opening with "love is in the air" and what seemed to be typical Valentine's Day scenes and then the reveal of the dead husband.  So, I was excited about the rest of the episode and then just found it to be "meh."  Seemed very disjointed and the various stories felt underdeveloped.  And worst of all?  No Eddie.

"The State Department wants the Thai government to know our best people are on this and will be discreet."

Yes, so call Five-0. Of course.

Actually nice that Danny was able to draw upon actual expertise of being an actual cop for once with the abused wife.