Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: What Cupid Problem?

• Start Topic

After learning that Josie, Lizzie and Alaric are in trouble, Hope leads the charge to save them; Landon seizes an opportunity to prove himself useful; MG's attempt at a perfect first date with Kym takes a disastrous turn.

Promo:

Original air date: 1/30/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

So the first 20 minutes, every time "cupid" appeared on my screen, I thought, "this guy is so beautiful.  I could look at him all day." Now I'll be having nightmares of Pothos' sharp teeth and evil grin.  Kudos to the makeup department. 

Why would Dorian and Emma think they're not married? Even if they were under the influence, they still went through with the ceremony.

And I hate Alyssa Chang.  She's irredeemable at this point. 

• Love 3

The guy playing Not-Cupid is extremely good looking. Even though he turned out to be evil, he was lovely to look at for the episode. I was so down with his character, even when he was munching on brains. 

So...Dorian and Emma are married...right? If they went through with the ceremony, then they are absolutely married. Or did they forget if they went through with the ceremony or not? They never quite cut back to them after Jed showed up, so I don't know if they finished the ceremony or not.

The Landon/Hope stuff was a bit tiring, mostly because Hope was being so cruel to Landon and I think that Landon needs to learn that he doesn't need to be a hero to be useful. Now, I totally get him WANTING to see if he has other powers. I think it's important for him to know what he's capable of. And...they were basically saying at the end that he was floating him and Hope, right? They didn't really address it so I'm not sure.

Alyssa/Kaleb...could be a fun pairing, if that's what they're implying, but they need to make Alyssa more likeable. Alyssa/MG was a bit weird. I was sad that Kym decided to leave, but I get it. She's a human and she's not quite ready for all the weirdness and close deaths. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure what is says when the most enjoyment  I had was from the preview for next week. 

The episode wasn't bad but just felt really flat after last week. The episode especially dragged because I kept waiting to see the prison world. The whole cupid who isn't really cupid was an interesting twist but felt like it could have been a lot more fun than just what we saw in the beginning. 

I like Hope and I like Landon. The whole Landon and the super squad was fun. However, this whole angst between them felt way too dramatic but also felt like it got resolved way too quickly. It made Hope look too harsh and it made Landon look way too mopey. Also it would have been nice if Landon was at least at little bit more concerned about Josie being the prison world considering they were dating just a little while ago. 

Please show I'll say this again this week don't try to redeem Alyssa just let her be a villain. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed pothos... He'd be fun to have around more often if he didn't eat hearts... Poor MG... Lizzie ignored him.. He finally moves in and now Kym is gone... And even if he wanted to rebound with Alyssa.. Looks like she's moved on ti Kaleb.... Was fun seeing the "B" squad try to save the day.. Hope was both 100% correct and a bit obnoxious... But Landon was way too thirsty to prove himself and almost got folks killed... Unfortunately Hope and Landon still more often than not make epic pronunciations about their love to each other and other ppl.. But I don't really see it.. And his insecurities are... Tiring... So honestly is the actor who plays Rafael just gone.. Is he doing a play or movie somewhere, because this is ridiculous 

I'm liking Landon more and more as time goes on. And, I was happy he finally got a power and can now levitate. I'm also really enjoying his friendship with Wade.

I'm a little sad to see Kym go but maybe we'll see her again in the future. I mostly feel bad for poor MG. That poor boy can never catch a break. 

• Love 4

Saw this mentioned elsewhere but are we to assume the golden arrow at the end is what can kill a phoenix? They made sure to remind us of the sphynx's riddle which mentions a new hero rising that can be felled by the golden arrow. I just have this funny feeling that they want us to worry about Landon now that he is getting flight aka rising. However, there is a another new hero Wade. I just have this feeling that Wade will be the one who gets killed with golden arrow probably saving Landon. 

• Love 2

That was a fun Valentine's Day themed episode. Is it wrong that I was a little disappointed when Pothos died? At least we still have the Necromancer. Chad cracked me up when he was talking about how Lizzie and Josie put aside their differences with Alyssa. I know he's the Necromancer's puppet now so there's probably no hope of freeing him. I guess I'll just have to settle for their odd couple interactions until one or both of them are inevitably killed.

Landon calling together the super squad! I don't know why Jed and Kaleb were there though. Jed was the alpha until Raf showed up (which means he is a strong fighter) and Kaleb is a strong vamp. I liked seeing Pedro again (but listen to Landon - you can't call shotgun times infinity, kid) but it seemed dangerous to include a little kid in the mission. The visual of everyone riding scooters together cracked me up.

But poor Wade. He knows that he's just a Raf substitute. And then he got blinded! He seems like a nice guy and deserves better. I wonder what other kind of fairy powers he has.

I laughed every time Landon tried to jump or fly.

I can't wait for next week so I can see what's going on in the prison world! I think I would have enjoyed this episode a little more if that (knowing Alaric, Josie, and Lizzie are trapped there with Kai, Sebastian, and who knows who else) wasn't hanging over us the entire time.

36 minutes ago, ybrik said:

there is a another new hero Wade. I just have this feeling that Wade will be the one who gets killed with golden arrow probably saving Landon. 

That's what I suspected as soon as they mentioned the prophecy saying "a new hero." Wade will die to save Landon and then everyone will be sad about Wade's death even though most of them never bothered to talk to him or even remember his name.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But poor Wade. He knows that he's just a Raf substitute. And then he got blinded! He seems like a nice guy and deserves better. I wonder what other kind of fairy powers he has.

I wonder that as well.. Moreso I wonder when/ or if we ever get Raf back.. And if when we do if they plan to actually write for him... 

I also was said to see Pothos go.. And even tho it turned out he was horrible.. Where the hell does hope get off cutting his wings before they knew what he was about... She didn't even seem to care... Now if she was presented as a Klaus type character I don't think I'd bat an eye.. But this show wants me to think of her as a pure hero.. And if that's the characterization.. These kinda actions are suspect

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Where the hell does hope get off cutting his wings before they knew what he was about... She didn't even seem to care... Now if she was presented as a Klaus type character I don't think I'd bat an eye.. But this show wants me to think of her as a pure hero.. And if that's the characterization.. These kinda actions are suspect

Yeah, that seemed like a really extreme thing to do to a creature that she knew almost nothing about. I know the Malivore creatures have made them think that every creature they come across must be evil and should be killed but damn. I feel like Salvatore School should be teaching their students about more supernatural creatures. Their philosophy seems to be that vamps, werewolves, and witches are the only supernatural creatures that shouldn't be killed on sight.

Maybe this is a result of watching 7 seasons of Buffy and 5 seasons of Angel, but not every creature out there is evil or out to get you. And at a school for the supernatural, you'd think they would support that attitude more than they do. After all, if we were going by the general attitude of Alaric and Hope (kill all other supernaturals, no questions asked), then Landon and Wade should be executed or imprisoned.

Cutting off Cupid's wings with blunt scissors was painful and cruel and based on absolutely no research whatsoever. If she just wanted to prevent him from escaping, I'm sure they could have bound his wings, handcuffed him, put him in the cellar dungeon, etc. But just cutting off his wings without knowing anything about him seems like amputating someone's leg to keep them from running away.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But just cutting off his wings without knowing anything about him seems like amputating someone's leg to keep them from running away.

Yeah the imagery of a two white folks amputating a black man to keep him from escaping was not a particularly fun thing to see... Especially given they knew nothing and seemingly asked nothing if him.. And then turned around and used his arrows to do whatever they wanted... I swear its like they don't even think folks who think like me watch these shows.. But we do.. And we keep having to put up with this.. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I laughed every time Landon tried to jump or fly.

Me too!  Phoenix powers activate!  LMAO!  I have to say I really enjoyed this episode.  I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing.  I absolute lost it when Kaleb and Pedro zoomed n the sexy ass red car and then the rest of the crew came around the corner on scooters.  Then I lost it again when they went into the bar to confront Pothos and unexpectedly found him eating the heart and Kaleb covers Pedro's eyes while Wade is in the background puking up glitter!  Dead!

I want to know what happened in the courthouse  between Dorian, Emma, and Jed, cause there's no way Dorian won that fight.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Do barrier spells normally not have a ceiling? If that were true, couldn't vamps do their super high jumps and get out? Or did Hope deliberately not put a ceiling on this one because she cut off the wings? I might be remembering incorrectly, but haven't they done barrier spells (maybe not necessarily on Legacies but somewhere in TVD-verse) where it created a dome so that things couldn't drop onto the area?

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Me too!  Phoenix powers activate!  LMAO!  I have to say I really enjoyed this episode.  I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing.  I absolute lost it when Kaleb and Pedro zoomed n the sexy ass red car and then the rest of the crew came around the corner on scooters.  Then I lost it again when they went into the bar to confront Pothos and unexpectedly found him eating the heart and Kaleb covers Pedro's eyes while Wade is in the background puking up glitter!  Dead!

I want to know what happened in the courthouse  between Dorian, Emma, and Jed, cause there's no way Dorian won that fight.

The bar scene was hilarious. I just about died when Wade started puking up glitter, haha. And Kaleb covering Pedro's eyes was too funny. But now I'm sad that Wade will most probably die. 

• Love 1

I know that Giles wasn't always the perfect Watcher on BtVS, but one of the things he really instilled into the Scooby gang was to hit the books first. No matter how much they grumbled about it, they knew they had to do research so they could know what they were dealing with and how to defeat it. Alaric used to do a fair amount of research on TVD and thankfully some of the kids at the Salvatore School know to use the library (which is why Landon knew to take the various poisons that would affect the seven siblings) but unfortunately, Hope's go-to method seems to be maim first, ask questions later (maybe).

To be fair, she did ask Kym to do research on Cupid, but every time she showed up by herself to stop Cupid, I thought why are you alone? There's a school FULL of witches, vamps with super speed, and werewolves with super strength so why didn't you ask even one or two of them to come along to help you?

When she guilt tripped Landon about how one day she would be forced to choose between saving him and getting the bad guy, I just shook my head. Well, maybe that's why you shouldn't have stopped training him! He is a supernatural creature with no way to defend himself from being attacked by other supernatural creatures. That alone is enough of a reason to teach him self defense and fighting skills. Alaric was fighting vampires when he was a human back on TVD and now that he's back to being human, he's still fighting all kinds of creatures. Just because you don't have super powers doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to fight. Everyone should be allowed to make their own choices. They're making Landon into the Elena of this show - the super special one who must be protected at all costs but not allowed to make the choice to fight.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

They're making Landon into the Elena of this show - the super special one who must be protected at all costs but not allowed to make the choice to fight.

He's already treating wade like his Bonnie... Help me help me help me

• Love 1

I was thinking about Landon's superpower when he expressed interest in getting to the roof of the school to try to fly from there. We know he'll come back unharmed if he is killed but what if he's only maimed? If he then dies from a cause apart from what injured him will he come back fully healed or will he still be maimed?

The guy playing Pothos was really hot, and looked super creepy when he went all heart eater, good on the effects people, those teeth looked nasty! This show has really been having a blast with the holiday themed episodes, and of course they throw an evil Cupid sibling at us who eats hearts! It had lots of hilarious moments, especially the visual of of Kaleb and Pedro zooming in all cool on Kalebs super cool Santa mobile, while everyone else follows with scooters! 

Hope just dismissing Landon's attempts to figure out his powers and defend himself seem pretty crappy. First of all, they dont really know how his powers work, so it makes sense to try and test them out to see what all he can do, its not like he is just a regular human, he does have powers, they just dont have a pamphlet for being a Phoenix/hybrid thing lying around. Second, he should really try to learn at least some basic skills, considering people and monsters keep trying to kill him! I mean, he dies almost every week now, he is a few explosions from becoming the Kenny of this franchise. Its often convenient, like this week when he tricked Pothos into eating his poisoned heart, but everyone's first plan probably shouldn't involve "and then Landon gets killed" every single time! Yeah he comes back, but dying over and over in increasingly gruesome ways still cant be much fun. 

Its nice seeing Wade being supportive of Landon after the whole fairy thing, and him puking up glitters was a great visual. "Superman was an alien, your a bird!" And hey, it turns out that Landon actually can fly! Nice!

I agree that Hope cutting off Not Cupids wings seemed rather unnecessarily brutal. Yeah they have monsters showing up to start shit on the regular, but not all of the monsters and creatures beyond the Big Three are evil (like, you know, Hopes friggin boyfriend!) so having practically a shoot to kill policy seems unfair. "hey theres something we dont understand, kill it!" seems like a very questionable attitude, especially for people that, being mostly supernatural creatures themselves, should really know better. 

This was fun, but I admit I spent a lot of time wondering what was going on with Alaric and the twins and hoping to cut to them in the prison dimension. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The guy playing Pothos was really hot, and looked super creepy when he went all heart eater, good on the effects people, those teeth looked nasty! This show has really been having a blast with the holiday themed episodes, and of course they throw an evil Cupid sibling at us who eats hearts! It had lots of hilarious moments, especially the visual of of Kaleb and Pedro zooming in all cool on Kalebs super cool Santa mobile, while everyone else follows with scooters! 

Hope just dismissing Landon's attempts to figure out his powers and defend himself seem pretty crappy. First of all, they dont really know how his powers work, so it makes sense to try and test them out to see what all he can do, its not like he is just a regular human, he does have powers, they just dont have a pamphlet for being a Phoenix/hybrid thing lying around. Second, he should really try to learn at least some basic skills, considering people and monsters keep trying to kill him! I mean, he dies almost every week now, he is a few explosions from becoming the Kenny of this franchise. Its often convenient, like this week when he tricked Pothos into eating his poisoned heart, but everyone's first plan probably shouldn't involve "and then Landon gets killed" every single time! Yeah he comes back, but dying over and over in increasingly gruesome ways still cant be much fun. 

Its nice seeing Wade being supportive of Landon after the whole fairy thing, and him puking up glitters was a great visual. "Superman was an alien, your a bird!" And hey, it turns out that Landon actually can fly! Nice!

I agree that Hope cutting off Not Cupids wings seemed rather unnecessarily brutal. Yeah they have monsters showing up to start shit on the regular, but not all of the monsters and creatures beyond the Big Three are evil (like, you know, Hopes friggin boyfriend!) so having practically a shoot to kill policy seems unfair. "hey theres something we dont understand, kill it!" seems like a very questionable attitude, especially for people that, being mostly supernatural creatures themselves, should really know better. 

This was fun, but I admit I spent a lot of time wondering what was going on with Alaric and the twins and hoping to cut to them in the prison dimension. 

It was even more stupid because it just highlighted the fact that whatever drastic measures they use to try to protect themselves, monsters gotta monster anyway. They might as well just send them all to a prison world right off and deal with them much later.

• Love 1