Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Mommy and Me

Just one more to go after this, the finale airs on the 21st.  

The episode was okay, nothing exciting.  I thought the burgers looked good, even the veggie one.  I thought maybe they had slipped Emery a real meat burger there at the end, but that would have been too mean.

The grandma stuff was kind of amusing.

• Love 1

I'm sad that it's the end of the final season and we've barely seen Eddie's friends. I miss them. Their scenes were always great. Evan's sleepover scene just reminded me how much I used to enjoy all of Eddie's friends. I'm just glad we got to keep Trent around.

• Love 4

Hamburgers are fine and dandy, but wouldn't Louis and Eddie get tired of them if they keep eating them day after day after day? Like come on now. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I loved the parts where Jessica was reading her book with these ominous background music playing, she was so into it. Too bad they kept distracting her.

38 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Hamburgers are fine and dandy, but wouldn't Louis and Eddie get tired of them if they keep eating them day after day after day? Like come on now. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

There are people who eat the same thing for breakfast every morning so if it's something you really love to eat, I can see not getting tired of it.

• Love 4

So are they going to combine the finale into two parts for one day or something? I think I will be on vacation until February 24th.

Above all, I thought this episode was just okay. Grandma is always a plus in my book. It is just showing that the writing is tired and has a been there done that scenario.  I find interesting how sidelined Eddie’s friends were the past few seasons. It must be the budget or something. I just hope the ending itself is satisfactory at least.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1

I'm glad Evan is going to stop calling Jessica "Mommy" - that was grating on me.

Boy, Eddie is getting tall and good looking! He sure has lost that baby face.

The Huang boys burger quest reminds me of one summer I worked in South Carolina, and my coworkers and I tried calamari in every seafood restaurant we went to.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

If you think about it, this season had only 14 episodes.

I'm just happy the writers knew well in advance it will end so hopefully we can get a very good finale that gives a great conclusion to the show.

• Love 1

I didn't enjoy this episode as it just showed, once again, how Jessica has no idea what she wants to be/do and how she does not acknowledge her weaknesses.  Jessica wants to be a famous author, so she writes a book which bombs.  Jessica gets frustrated with the school, so she wants to become a 'school boss.'   Jessica gets an administrative position but is dissatisfied after a short time with it.  So, now she decides to create an audio version of her book, which failed.  So, who is going to buy the audio version?

Evan was so annoying with his clingliness and constant "mommy."

Even though I tend to enjoy the boys (and Eddie's friends), I think the focus on Jessica really hurt the show. 

• Love 2

No, Louis, "meat" does not pay for Emery's clothes, as was proven last episode when he had to buy his own since you wouldn't override Jessica and buy him clothes that actually fit. (That really bothered me; Emery wasn't asking for trendy stuff like Eddie has.)

• Love 2

Eddie and Louis were being jerks to Emery's veganism. I know the middle child syndrome exist, but the way they handle his choice of being a vegan was totally uncalled for. They act like he denounced Catholicism all of a sudden and that wasn't the case. They should have respected his choice and leave it at that. Louis and Eddie did not handle this situation well at all.

• Love 1

I actually thought this episode was above average in terms of humor, by this show's standards.  Grandma had some funny moments especially with the tape recorder, Emery/Eddie/Louis had their moments, and I wasn't too annoyed by Jessica or Evan.  At least it's not retread since we usually see Jessica wanting Evan around and not the other way around.

• Love 1

I think the show is tired. It is so much to cram in under 20 minutes that it is just became the same repeated formula again. I think the writers never knew what to do with Emery's character. Is he dumb, gay, or just dense? They never really expanded his character as he got older. He was really just window dressing.

Edited by Robert Lynch
4 hours ago, LisaM said:

I also miss Eddie's friends. They were the best part of the show. I also miss the original crew from Cattleman's. 

They were so quirky and entertaining, I was re-watching season 1 a few weeks ago and they were a lot of fun. Too bad they ran off. Trent is an okay replacement but Chestnut is nothing to write home about.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Harvey said:

They were so quirky and entertaining, I was re-watching season 1 a few weeks ago and they were a lot of fun. Too bad they ran off. Trent is an okay replacement but Chestnut is nothing to write home about.

Chestnut is the worse character on the show. 

• Love 3
On 2/8/2020 at 2:31 AM, Camera One said:

I hope they bring them back for the series finale.

The guy (whose name I can't recall) from Cattleman's showed up on a few episodes of The Good Place as part of the Good Place Committee. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LisaM said:

The guy (whose name I can't recall) from Cattleman's showed up on a few episodes of The Good Place as part of the Good Place Committee. 

Mitch. The actor has been really branching out in recent years I have seen him in so many series and movies as well.

• Love 3
On 2/10/2020 at 8:10 AM, LisaM said:

Paul Scheer. 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, Harvey said:

Mitch. The actor has been really branching out in recent years I have seen him in so many series and movies as well.

As a big fan I don’t think Paul is branching out so much as getting more gigs.

I seriously need to know who on the writing staff is so in love with Jessica as a bad author is and why they can’t be stopped!

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1