Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Mud Turtles, A Good Steak, and One Man in a Tub

Pallas
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought she was wearing the beret because she was hanging out with the Cheryl Hines character, going to wine festivals and speaking French.

That's how it starts...next thing you know:  Bev!Jackie  😂🤣🤣

• LOL 6
On 1/29/2020 at 9:54 AM, MarthaEllisanne said:

I always assumed that her school was one of those for-profit schools that spring up and shut down in old shopping centers.  Darlene lived in a crappy apartment and not a dorm room – a non-profit accredited school would be more likely to include student housing (or Darlene chose not to live in dorm). 

Lol! You just pegged my art school. Corner of Commercial blvd and Dixie highway. In a strip mall, used to be a Scandinavian furniture warehouse. An adjacent dumpy apartment complex leased by the school is where we lived. My diploma was lost in a flood, and I’ve never been able to get the school which went out of business about two years after I graduated to replace it. Useless degree. I ended up going back to school for a medical billing certification and a two year claims degree.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol! You just pegged my art school. Corner of Commercial blvd and Dixie highway. In a strip mall, used to be a Scandinavian furniture warehouse. An adjacent dumpy apartment complex leased by the school is where we lived. My diploma was lost in a flood, and I’ve never been able to get the school which went out of business about two years after I graduated to replace it. Useless degree. I ended up going back to school for a medical billing certification and a two year claims degree.

Haha, I should have gone that route for the good my fancy-pants snooty art school did me! 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, I should have gone that route for the good my fancy-pants snooty art school did me! 

Don’t tell me you were one of those Art Institute students who used to thumb their transferable credit noses at us.

Eh, I had a great two years. Worked full time in a club so I was able to pay my bills and second year of tuition. I learned a lot more working in clubs, so the college bringing me to that point was worth it. Still wish I had transferred to the Art Institute, though. 

• Love 1